Nothing, Just Nothing

While this would be cool.to see, it would also probably be the single hardest card to code and the single buggiest card in game

Yogg saron

76 points · 1 month ago

Yogg was hard to code to look right, this is hard to code full stop.

Atm at least yogg saron was the hardest one to code. I was told this when dueling a dev at hct summer where bunnyhopor won. -note I lost but I beat a different dev

Original Poster164 points · 1 month ago

What can interact with this: Can be attacked even by rush minions, can be hurt by consecration and the Lich King consecration, can be hit by mage hero power, kill command, fireball, and any other removal that can go face, and secrets that trigger off of character attacks.

What cannot interact with this: Any whenever trigger stating minions (cult master, knife juggler, snipe, sudden betrayal), any removal stating specifically minion (assasinate, vilespine, deadly shot), Godfrey/defile will not go again if only this dies in one sweep, any minion buff cards, cannot be returned to hand by anything, is not destroyed by board clears stating minion, will be skipped in "adjacent" wording cards, and is also skipped by crushing walls.

It wouldn’t even be damaged by godfrey or defile since those are minion damaging specific

Yeah, this shit would be so good. Survives Nether, Mind Control, etc. This would fit so well in a board-centric deck, because it counters almost every clear except hellfire and consecration type things.

Except for the fact it’s still a 4 mana 3/5 do nothing

I’d be willing to bet it could find a place in a handful of decks that rely on early board control. If you can leave them without any minions from trading on turn 4, you have a near untouchable “minion” on board now.

Maybe in some type of zoo deck but how often are opponents playing minion heavy decks making this an understated vanilla card in a good amount of match ups.

Sure, it won’t be good against other aggro decks. But this card is bonkers against control. Druids, for example, pretty much only has Swipe as a way to kill it if they’re not playing token. This card definitely isn’t game breaking, but it is very good imo, especially with a Tar Creeper or something next to it.

32 points · 1 month ago

rush minions can attack minions only tho (the turn they are played).

Original Poster7 points · 1 month ago

oops, I thought rush had the same wording as icehowl/devilsaur, kind of interesting how those can attack this immediately but rush minions can't

Could you kindly share the link of the artwork you used? :)

Original Poster1 point · 1 month ago

I don't know the initial source, but here's where I got the art from so you can download the full image http://onepiecefanon.wikia.com/wiki/Kuu_Kuu_no_Mi_(Void)

1 point · 1 month ago · edited 1 month ago

[http://onepiecefanon.wikia.com/wiki/Kuu_Kuu_no_Mi_(Void)](http://onepiecefanon.wikia.com/wiki/Kuu_Kuu_no_Mi_(Void))

Here's a working link I think

EDIT: yours is broken, as of the time I'm writing this.

10 points · 1 month ago

Defile wouldn’t be able to kill it

I think it should act like the darkness with adjacent

-39 points · 1 month ago(13 children)
27 points · 1 month ago

You can’t just make your own mechanic for a card

Why not?

-24 points · 1 month ago(0 children)
29 points · 1 month ago

Where is one forbidden from imbuing the custom cards with custom mechanics? Allow me to quote:

What do you think “custom” means, my dude?

Yes, everyone's creativity is now restricted simply to blizzard's ideas, because blizzard is the smartest game designer

This subreddit is for the people who actually know how to make cards.

If you want to make entirely new mechanics, either put it in a complete set or hero, or go to r/hearthstonecirclejerk.

Right, and fandral staghelm originally showed up here as a fan card before Blizzard put it in the game on their own. There is nothing stopping anyone from creating their own mechanics so long as it would be balanced in the game

Also, that sub is meant for memes, how blind are you to that

Sure, but from a serious r/customhearthstone standpoint, Fandral is an awful card and whoever designed it is not a real card designer. I hope they were met with downvotes.

1 point · 1 month ago · edited 1 month ago

They were not because it's an interesting card with interesting implications for gameplay

Edit: I like how you down voted every single one of my responses.

Nothing on this sub says we can't make new mechanics, and you sound like the kind of person who gets really upset when someone does something not in the rules but also not discouraged

Well you absolutely can, and OP has

6 points · 1 month ago

Just because you randomly decide something isn't allowed doesn't mean it actually is.

0 points · 1 month ago

Amin brother, spread the word! /s

Reminds me of this

I don‘t think the implications of not counting as a minion are severely enough to justify legendary status.

Really nice idea, though! I like card design that thinks outside the box

Needs yeti stats, not really worth it for the 3/5, think unicorn.

This doesn't take damage from any aoe other than ones that also.hit face (Hellfire). Twisting Nether/Flamestrike for example don't damage this.

Yeah, I almost think it needs to be 3 health, so it doesn’t survive Hellfire, or else this is actually broken. Equality/Pyro doesn’t hit it, Primordial Drake, Vilespine Slayer. So many of the best clears don’t touch this. Although it can’t be buffed, so that’s good.

It’s finally Rockbiter Weapon’s time to shine again

reddit balance team

They already printed Harbinger Celestia. Kappa

I like it. Perhaps there could be a more powerful version too, like with the tar elemental.

pretty cool and original design, but but i think it would be cool as a card if it would be an epic.

SCP 3930? Is that you?

2 points · 1 month ago

This has better art and name

Dude this is amazing! It would be incredible in board centric decks like zoo but really bad in something like buff decks or something. Only thing I would do is change the text to something like “does not get affected by any minion-base interaction” so it doesn’t confuse new players

Ceci n’est pas un serviteur.

I mean it's an interesting concept, but what decks would this be used in?

Does this have charge?

How come I made a card almost exactly like this and nobody liked it? You can check my profile if you don't believe me. Literally the same stats and cost.

Original Poster2 points · 1 month ago

Most likely flavor and wording, "free man" is less extreme than "nothing" and "doesn't count as a minion on your opponent's turn" is less extreme than "this is not a minion". Here's a post I made that's just kingsbane on a minion (http://goedhartvoordieren.nl/?page=r/customhearthstone/comments/97z55m/stabbing_royalty_i_prefer_a_sexier_approach/), something many people have probably done before, but it's the flavor I applied to it that made it get more upvotes, this subreddit doesn't start and end at mechanics.

Edit: Also could be luck, one time I reuploaded an old card I made and it got 130 upvotes instead of the initial 4.

Card Designers

Brainstorming Cards

Welcome to /r/CustomHearthstone! This is a growing community to share and discuss cards and ideas for Hearthstone. If you love Hearthstone and game design, you've come to the right place!

r/customhearthstone Rules
Unrelated
Low Effort
Constructive
Civil
Political
Well Made Weekends
^

Congratulations to u/PigeonPoo123 for winning last week's Design Competition! Click on the card to go to this week's design competition.

Other Subreddits