As if being wet wasn't bad enough...

Goodbye disc.

Original Poster27 points · 3 months ago

Believe it or not, there was a snake wrangler on my card and the disc was retrieved.

That's pretty awesome.

not dealing with the Nope Rope! Bye disc!

Beantown || #10112 points · 3 months ago

What are we looking at here? There a snek or gator in this photo I can’t see..?

Look around the green leaves near center.

Beantown || #10112 points · 3 months ago

Yep

Huh, didn't know the Hydra grew extra heads when you threw it in the water.

Its just a water snake.

Destroyer9 points · 3 months ago

That’s a cotton mouth.

Water snakes have a really thin end of tail and they do bite, if surprised. I got bit on the ankle a few years ago. I first thought it was a cottonmouth as they look similar, other than head shape and end of tail. I didn't get a great look at her head as I was swinging her around trying to get her off. Eventually had to step on her tail with the other foot to pull her off. I was by myself about as far as possible from the parking lot. I noticed the tail as she swam off in the creek.

Comment deleted3 months ago

You could be right. I wasn't there in person; nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

Agkistrodon piscivorus

Agkistrodon piscivorus is a venomous snake, a species of pit viper, found in the southeastern United States. Adults are large and capable of delivering a painful and potentially fatal bite. When threatened, they stand their ground by coiling their bodies and displaying their fangs. Although their aggression has been exaggerated, individuals may bite when feeling threatened or being handled.

[ ^PM | Exclude ^me | Exclude from ^subreddit | FAQ / ^Information | ^Source ] Downvote to remove | v0.28

3 points · 3 months ago · edited 3 months ago

Its a water snake. Cottonmouths have a distinct lateral white line going from the eye to the back of the head. Their head is also much wider than the neck. They havee a larger thicker body, tapering quickly to a thin tail. Also this lacks the obvious diamond shaped head. This is a water snake. Ive seen many cottonmouths. Im from sw florida, and used to see them all the time when fishing. Once you have seen one, there is absolutely mistaking them.

I told ya'll the snakes are no joke in Texas. lol

If it had been a snake it would have bit.. oh shit!

But you got the disc right?

Tag# 1891 | KCMO | Ace Count 62 points · 3 months ago

Brace yourselves, the reptile experts will be here soon to argue over if its harmless or the most venomous snake on Earth.

r/discgolf Rules
No inflammatory posts/comments
No Advertisements
New to the sport?

Head over to our wiki beginners section.

Please read and respect our rules. If you have disc golf questions, chances are they may have been asked before. Read the FAQ first! Also, feel free to join our Discord Server.

/r/discgolf bagtags