Um... That's not a parking lot for bikes...

I mean it's pretty amicably resolved. "Hey ladies. Enjoying your ride? So that's a tee pad, mind moving your bikes? Oh a tee pad for disc golf. It's basically golf, but we throw discs instead of hitting balls. It's really fun. Hell yeah Kyle's single. Why don't you join us for a few holes, Kyle can show you what to do. Really? Best man? I'd be honored. You guys are like perfect together it's amazing you found each other."

52 points · 1 month ago

I'd like to buy the movie rights

Nomez7 points · 1 month ago

Netflix, is that you?

Still a noob but not as noobie as before10 points · 1 month ago · edited 1 month ago

What's a tee pad Kyle?

I'm assuming the concrete pad those bikes are on. Probably have to stay on it while you tee off.

This is about the one on the right. The one on her left, her bff, will be the less brave one, but also voice of reason. It will take Kyle at least three months to gain her trust.

This is why I always keep beef flavored treats in my bag. You never know when you're going to run into a girl who insists on wearing a full body sweatsuit to go bike riding in August.

And Kyle may be getting married to the one on the right, but I think FetusChrist has a good job of getting a low self-esteem handy from the gal on the left.

handy at first sight?

I will NICE your disc out of spite1 point · 1 month ago

nothin like a sheisty 7th hole handy

Make sure you mark the back of the disc!

"handy #7 bryan park 8-21-18"

What if it's a Mexican family bbq'ing directly on the pad?

buy a disc, lose a disc12 points · 1 month ago

Typically, hispanic cook outs are pretty welcoming. Throw the cook a beer out of your bag, now you have tacos on deck. Take a break, eat a taco, then kindly ask for some room to tee off.

Well that love story moved along fast! Lol

Throw Envy on every throw31 points · 1 month ago

At least they are not locking their bike to the basket.

Came here expecting to see that based on the title.

Not even kidding one time I saw a dude MAKE A FUCKING FIRE and heat up A FULL TRAY OF CHICKEN TENDERS on a tee pad.

RHBH / TX / since 0723 points · 1 month ago

I’ve seen chickens hanging with loads of foil wrapped around the basket and chains. They were smoking chicken INSIDE THE BASKET!

This video was filmed in one of our oldest courses. I miss this course.

https://youtu.be/7aELH0U2gkk 2:14; where the girls are dancing, the camera and tripod combo is set up on the tee pad. The basket was 180 or so past the dancers.

LOL - def a course, you can see how beat up the trees are.

2 points · 1 month ago · edited 1 month ago

MacGregor Park?

RHBH / TX / since 071 point · 1 month ago

Yessiree!

Hey, at least when he was done on the tee pad, he had a result he was satisfied with and probably hadn't hurt any plants or animals. I definitely can't say that most times. Two out of three if I'm lucky. And definitely no goddamn chicken tenders neither.

Gotta get them tendies am I right mom?

11 points · 1 month ago

Had something similar happen to me a week ago.

A family of ~4 came out to the course I was playing (it doubles as a park), and decided to set up a picnic 100 yards in front of the first tee pad. Luckily I had finished the hole before they set up.

Poor lad behind me had to throw a hard hook shot to avoid them, and his shot ended up a good 200 feet in the wrong direction.

I would for sure ask them politely to move so they don’t get hit by a disc. I’m not very accurate..but if I’m actively trying to avoid something it’s for sure going to hit it.

Like trees for instance!

2 points · 1 month ago

You can ask, but most folks just sort of look at you with a blank look.

I mean, I get it. It's a multi-use park and my disc golf doesn't trump your volley ball game. It's just mildly annoying.

Ya I feel. And if you hit somebody you can just pull out the ole happy Gilmore: “he shouldn’t have been standing there”.

You have every right to ask them to move location if they are blocking the course. Preferably just ask nicely, but ive had that not work with people in hammocks sometimes. Just gotta throw like you're going for the basket and watch the world burn.

Where's all the chicks at?36 points · 1 month ago

Most chicks at the same time on any course ever.

Flair checks out

Had a guy at a very crowded course park his mobility shooter right on a tee pad, and just chill there. We were the first group to come up, which is unlucky, because the course had like 15 groups on it.

"Hi there. I'm sorry, but this concrete pad is actually a tee pad for the disc golf course here. (Smile)"

"(Angry) Well you could have just fucking told me."

I... what?

6 points · 1 month ago

Too embarrassed to make any sense in his reply I guess.

Standing up to the Patriarchy one tee at a time.

This is a great joke. It’s sad how you’re getting down votes because this sub totally lacks a sense of humor.

I believe humor will prevail.

One time we were waiting on a pad for a small family to cross the grassy patch in between the hole and the tee off pad. They decided to stop directly in the middle and start setting up for a picnic. They were very nice and receptive when I asked them to move, but still funny the situational awareness of some people

DGers forget that the majority of people still have no idea what disc golf is.

Dry creek??

Original Poster4 points · 1 month ago

Yes! When we tried to explain they just looked at us like we were crazy.. We ended up throwing between them and the bikes.

6 points · 1 month ago

Why not just point to the sign right behind them? Should explain it pretty well

1 point · 1 month ago · edited 1 month ago

At least every other time I play that course I have to work around others using the park. Particularly common on holes 1 & 6. I usually just skip the hole or come back later.

Rarely able to play hole one. Always has kids on the tree.

5 points · 1 month ago

Had a guy kept parking his land cruiser on a teepad (right next to the road, not really a curb there). He had a big sticker of a local LAN group though so I contacted them on Facebook and asked them to tell him to stop, it worked.

Bigger problem is PHOTOGRAPHERS. They seem to follow disc golfers around and set up right in your landing zone, even when you try to avoid them. I was out at a wooded course in the middle of winter and the photographer group kept moving ahead of me right to the next hole, even when I skipped three holes. Then they also crowd up the local popular course because there's nice rocks and trees everywhere. It's frustrating. I can get a family out that might not know about it but these photographers are out there all the time.

what is a LAN group? and yea we have one teepad near the road people like to park on. it's super annoying. there used to be a rope, but the parks dpt removed it.

People who get together and play PC games.

oh that type of LAN. i thought it might be referring to something else.

9 points · 1 month ago

I broke someones rim on their bike once, they had their bike in the fairway and it was a blind hole, i threw and saw its turning too much and klinkbambom and i was like wtf did i hit?

backhand benny1 point · 1 month ago

How did they react??

4 points · 1 month ago

Couldnt see anyone around so idk, was an older bike tho

11 points · 1 month ago

I thought you said rib, nice to know you didn't actually break a human being.

3 points · 1 month ago

That would be sad

My old pittsburgh course people lay out by hole 1 bc it has a great view of the city. I buddy was screaming at the people to please move and they waved him on to throw. Ended up hitting a guy in the head on the fly... wasnt pretty.

The rim? Not a spoke?

2 points · 1 month ago

Yeah i guess thats the real name in english :) thanks

No problem. There's a big difference in how angry I would be if you broke one of my spokes vs. my rim.

2 points · 1 month ago

If someone had their motorcycle on a blind fairway on a disc golf course and it gets hit, it's on them.

On another note, my friend hit a car in a parking lot the other day. 100% on him.

Chicago - LHBH1 point · 1 month ago

Not really, on blind fairways you should use a spotter.

0 points · 1 month ago

Ok I'll clone myself and go spot my throw. Gotcha

Chicago - LHBH1 point · 1 month ago

or you could not be an ass and make sure the fairway is clear before throwing.

Im with this guy. You got real defensive real fast bro. Rough day?

0 points · 1 month ago

Oh I can check the fairway, but I can't be spotting for myself while I throw. Not sure how you expect that of me.

Most of the courses I go to are filled with the stuck up Scottsdale type. So a "Hi! Can I play through... yeah it's a tee pad for the disc golf course." will never come off without sounding like an asshole.

Sounds like Vista. I've almost hit my fair share of trophy wives and spoiled kids there.

Had this same exact thing happen except it was 3 people. And on the first hole. The first hole has 3 picnic tables. When I asked them to move they’re bikes they said I can just throw with them there. So I proceeded to throw running through their bikes bending a wheel on one of the bikes lol.

Good on you bro

At one of my local course a family used one of our baskets and put tinfoil in it to maKe a barbeque. I was so shocked I didnt know what to say...

But they really needed to talk

There is a girl with a dog that like to meditate while sitting on the 7th hole tee. First time I asked her to move, she was pissed. She has since learned and moves off the tee ahead of time.

People at tee pads are easy because you can talk to them. The worst are people that wander onto the course at the basket 450 ft away and meander down the fairway while you stand on the tee pad.

Vortica Disc Golf. New Zealand.1 point · 28 days ago

We get bikes chained up to baskets occasionally.

Had some russian family place their picnic right in front of a basket once. Didn’t stop us from throwing.

Wtf 🤨

-8 points · 1 month ago(0 children)
DFW TX #23538 RHBH Destroyers all day :) r/bagtag #8540 points · 1 month ago

If you close your eyes anything is possible :)

r/discgolf Rules
No inflammatory posts/comments
No Advertisements
New to the sport?

Head over to our wiki beginners section.

Please read and respect our rules. If you have disc golf questions, chances are they may have been asked before. Read the FAQ first! Also, feel free to join our Discord Server.

/r/discgolf bagtags