My almost first ace. 244' Glenwood #9

Charlotte NC15 points · 1 month ago

Almost congrats

Thats more impressive than an ace

What are these? Plates?3 points · 1 month ago

Easy birdie at least.

3 points · 1 month ago

Probably 1000x more rare than an ace. Nice birdie!

Domed it! You'll get a few aces, you'll probably never do or see that one again.

4!1 point · 1 month ago

SO CLOSE!

Stoner ace!

Glenwooood. I've aced this one before on a big dumb hyzer! Also hole 4 on a skippy forehand. You're time will come!

Vortica Disc Golf. New Zealand.1 point · 1 month ago

I don't downvote ace posts. But I do downvote almost-ace posts.

0 points · 1 month ago

I'd count it.

Youd be wrong.

y tho. how could that possibly be played?

You have to pick it up off the top and tap in to offcially hole out, thus 2. Amazing birdie, but a birdie nonetheless.

Discs stuck in tree: 41 point · 1 month ago

It’s above the playing surface so the lie is below the basket and you drop it in for the next throw.

RH Only Hand. WA.1 point · 1 month ago

I've hit that very basket so many damn times.

You empty your bag on 9 too? I see so many people do it.

RH Only Hand. WA.1 point · 1 month ago

Lol no. I through a putter under it and take the bird.

-7 points · 1 month ago(0 children)

I don't think you understand the rule, Bud.

Likely not. It would have to make a legal entry first, which is extremely unlikely.

Niet.

#32541 MI1 point · 1 month ago

ONLY if the disc entered the target area first. So, there is a chance that a disc resting on top of the basket would count.

Riiiight

#32541 MI1 point · 1 month ago

Not sure what you mean by this exactly.

The silliness of the "possibility" it comes to rest on top of the basket after legally entering the target is laughable. Its possible in the ssme way 18 aces for a -36 on a par 54 is possible. Possible, but unbelievable and never witnessed.

#32541 MI1 point · 1 month ago

As long as we agree that it is possible.

We can agree that the rule states its good if it happens. Best I can do.

#32541 MI2 points · 1 month ago

Sorry, your previous response already confirmed you agreed it was possible.

Possible, but unbelievable and never witnessed.

I guess airquotes and dripping sarcasm, plus "unbelievable and never witnessed" are missed on you.

Keep vigil and watch for it though. It'll happen,

/s

#32541 MI1 point · 1 month ago

I never said it was likely. I said it was possible, which it is.

There's a dude that was struck by lightning 7 separate times in his life. That seems crazy unlikely, but clearly possible. The probability of that happening to someone is about 1 in 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000.

Do you think the odds of this shot happening are less or more than that?

;)

r/discgolf Rules
No inflammatory posts/comments
No Advertisements
New to the sport?

Head over to our wiki beginners section.

Please read and respect our rules. If you have disc golf questions, chances are they may have been asked before. Read the FAQ first! Also, feel free to join our Discord Server.

/r/discgolf bagtags