Vibram specs???

I just picked up a vibram Summit from my local secondhand sports shop. The specs online say 2/3/-1/0, which makes sense to me. However, the disc says 6.8/40/12/5..... (guessing the 40 is 4.0, but still confused)

I also picked up a Lace that has the frame where the specs would be printed, but no numbers.

Can someone please explain this to me? Most of my bag is Innova.

Vibram makes great putters, and the Summit is no exception. Unlike the Ridge and V.P., the Summit is an understable putter that has more turn than it does fade. If you threw the Summit at 40 miles per hour with a backhand throw, it would turn to the right 12 degrees and then fade back to the left 5 degrees. For the average golfer, this is a straight-flying disc that won’t fade much at the end of the flight. The Summit is a great putt and approach disc for beginners.

Infinite

Original Poster2 points · 1 month ago

Thank you! That makes sense...but still a strange choice on their part...

So I'm guessing the conflicting numbers come from peoples' attempts to "convert" them to an Innova-type format

Chicagoland | Star Roadrunner + Mako32 points · 1 month ago · edited 1 month ago

Vibram makes made great putters,

ftfy 😫😫😫😫

Vibram used a system unique to them. They have also exited the disc golf market.

For simplicity's sake, I would ignore their printed flight ratings, and just use the guesstimation that online retailers and reviewers have attributed to the disc.

DFW TX #23538 RHBH Destroyers all day :) r/bagtag #8541 point · 1 month ago · edited 1 month ago

Since I am not a big Vibram person and can't explain it better, just Google it. Vibram used a unique numbering system. the 40 , for example, is the speed ( in MPH , thanks OSU09) you need to throw that disc for it to achieve it's designed flight. It's on the back of some of them?

I know... weird right? Well, not to some, it does kinda make sense. But water under the proverbial bridge , go to the drop zone and play on.

RHBH - Columbus, OH4 points · 1 month ago

the 40 , for example, is the speed you need to throw that disc for it to achieve it's designed flight.

In MPH.

Original Poster2 points · 1 month ago · edited 1 month ago

I googled before posting this question. Most results give a vague description and tell you to look on vibram's website. Vibram's sites have no disc related content that I can see.

They are no longer making discs I believe. So information could be limited directly from them.

DFW TX #23538 RHBH Destroyers all day :) r/bagtag #8540 points · 1 month ago

And now you know :)

Original Poster2 points · 1 month ago

Nope, I still don't....but thanks anyway, I guess.

DFW TX #23538 RHBH Destroyers all day :) r/bagtag #8542 points · 1 month ago

Sorry . I worded that terribly and was in a manic phase last night. Apologize for sounding callous or rude.

Original Poster2 points · 1 month ago

NBD

Vortica Disc Golf. New Zealand.0 points · 1 month ago

Those are not Innova flight numbers.

r/discgolf Rules
No inflammatory posts/comments
No Advertisements
New to the sport?

Head over to our wiki beginners section.

Please read and respect our rules. If you have disc golf questions, chances are they may have been asked before. Read the FAQ first! Also, feel free to join our Discord Server.

/r/discgolf bagtags