Sort by
Single comment thread. View all comments
Hartnell
247 points · 1 month ago · edited 1 month ago

She's from Yorkshire. Remember, lots of planets have a North.

Edit: I just realised that with Chris E being from Lancashire, anyone arguing about whether the 9th or 13th Doctor is the best will be re-enacting the Wars of the Roses.

Tennant
95 points · 1 month ago

She's from Yorkshire. Remember, lots of planets have a North.

I really hope she references this at some point. I miss 9. :( vastly underrated doctor.

what? i'm pretty sure everyone loves eccleston.

Tennant
14 points · 1 month ago

They do but when compared to the other 3 new who doctors he is always last.

it's called the doctor cycle. each new doctor is the best doctor. you still have people who cling to old favorites. I think tom baker was best. beyond that it becomes too hard to decide... maybe hartnell. least favorite is colin baker.

Mine is Tennant - Capaldi - Eccleston - Smith.

I think that Tennant was at a high point of writing and he got deep into character over the years. Eccleston's series they had the issue of being in the dark which makes it harder, very few TV shows have a perfect first season. Apart from Firefly ofc.

McCoy - Baker - Everyone Else, for me. I like pretty much all of 'em, but those are my favorites.

43 points · 1 month ago

Matt Smith is the most southern doctor in NuWho, ironically from Northampton which is in the Midlands

Us southerners are getting forgotten

Hartnell
87 points · 1 month ago

Yes. Being in Australia I look forward to a real southern Doctor: "G'day Davros, me old mate, have a beer!"

Fuckn hell that'd be legendary

"The Tardis is gone!"

"Bugger."

Chuck another Dalek on the barbby

"Crikey, watch me shove me finger up this Cybermans butt to deactivate him."

Capaldi
2 points · 1 month ago

So, what do you think of Tegan?

Hartnell
3 points · 1 month ago

A Queenslander. Good enough, I guess.

Sontaran
3 points · 1 month ago

More like "Davros, ya old cunt!"

I think you mates Down Under are still paying penance for the Australian Bond...

OHMSS is a great film, but that Bond... not so much...

I saw a skit about that once

Villain of the Week: "It's over, doctor. I've already won."

Southern Doctor: "Yew fuckin' wot?"

Colin Baker
4 points · 1 month ago

When are we gonna have a westcountry Doctor, that's what I want to know.

McCoy
1 point · 1 month ago

Haha as someone from Cornwall, I can't wait until the first Cornish Doctor. The only place they would ever travel would be 'dreckly.

Troughton
1 point · 17 days ago

Now I'm getting flashbacks to the unedited David Prowse Vader footage.

TARDIS
1 point · 1 month ago

Meanwhile the southerners on this side of the Pond have a crazy different accent.

24 points · 1 month ago

But only one planet has a Yorkshire, gods country :)

-5 points · 1 month ago(1 child)

The original one.

K-9
12 points · 1 month ago

Oh, that would be so fun! Chipper Jodie vs. snarky Eccleston in a two-Doctor story? Yes please!

Though the houses of York and Lancaster had very little to do with Yorkshire and Lancashire. Both sides had random bits of land all over the place.

Hartnell
5 points · 1 month ago

OK then, the real war of the Roses was between Rose Tyler and Jacqui's dog in the alternative universe.

Accurate.

Whovians

Reddit's Doctor Who Fan Community - News, Discussion, Artwork and Fan Creations!

Comment Spoiler Instructions

>!This is a spoiler sentence!<.

Example:

The TARDIS is bigger on the inside!

Posting Guidelines