100% Optimal way to avoid the Spirit Bomb

Calm down, Sonicfox.

32 points · 7 days ago

Flies around spirit bomb “Hello Goku” “Hi Zamas- oh” Gets beat the fuck up

"Nothing personal, mortal"

"Flys behind you"

12 points · 7 days ago

Personally, I run to the safe corner and just charge meter as a soft punish. Easy 4+ bars.

I think that's smarter than most will consider.

5 points · 7 days ago

A B S O L U T E N I N G E N

Can you dash a bit forward and then super dash upwards for a punish?
Not sure if you'll get caught by the explosion before you even super dashed upwards.

You can do basically anything for a punish, if you aren't true combo'd into it then it's just a "Spend 3 bars to take damage" button.

19 points · 7 days ago

"Spend 3 bars to take damage" button

ah yes the tien classic

Yes you can

If you use base vegeta, just ult underneath him lol 👌🏽

Doesn't the spirit bomb just go through anyways?

Yeah but if they raw spirit bomb, you just carefully walk underneath him, then unleash your monkey powers of death

Original Poster2 points · 7 days ago

Now if only I could pull this off in a match...

Title is a joke btw

I mean this is probably one of the most optimal ways to punish this. Normally you'd only be able to get a simple super dash without sliding knockdown depending on the character.

why couldn't ya? goku can't move or do anything on the duration of the spirit bomb so you can replicate it perfectly

Original Poster3 points · 7 days ago

Eh I need to find an opponent who'd actually use Base Goku let alone use a raw Spirit Bomb and players that do that are kind of rare.

A more optimal way would be to unfly, then hit Goku with a LL2H for high damage.

Optimal way for almost every other character is superdash into a combo, right?

the best part about this is how in character this is

zamasu would totally do that

My preferred way is to just stop what I’m doing, wait three seconds or so, then reflect it. The sound is funny.

Didn't test but shouldnt micro dash into double jump work? It's fast and you get great speed by jumping after micro dash should be really easy to avoid it

A two dimensional fighting game, developed by Arc System Works & produced by Bandai Namco.