Reddit Feeds

Sign up and stay connected to your favorite communities.

Drunken Crispy Chicken Thighs and Roasted Taters

This looks really good, also the captions were great. CORN

Original Poster2 points·1 month ago

I like corn, I got excited for a second

I also love your taters. Well done.

Did you drain the oil from those thighs when they were cooking? Also I love gin and was thinking shots? But then I realized I normally just drink it straight over ice so I guess that's just me realizing I'm doing the exact same thing I found odd. Looks great!

Original Poster3 points·1 month ago·edited 1 month ago

When I did the thighs I cooked them in a little oil skin-side down, about 8 mins, long enough to make the skin crispy, then took them out of the pan of oil and put them in a casserole dish in the oven, no draining since I took them out and switched pans/dishes, only used a little oil brushed on the bottom of the casserole dish to prevent sticking so I didn't pour any oil from the pan in there or anything. I don't have a cast iron so I had to switch to casserole dish, if I did have a cast iron then I'd drain it and use the cast iron to finish them off in the oven. If that makes any sense.

Edit: Oh I also heated up the casserole dish in the oven before I switched the chicken over to the oven dish. I'm not sure if that makes a difference. I think someone told me once it helps with the cooking or something.

Sloppy Drunken Shit Fucker3 points·1 month ago

Do em skin side up in the oven after you crisp em up. That way all the skin and fat juices drip down into the meat.

Original Poster3 points·1 month ago

Yep that's what I did. Skin side down in the pan, skin side up in the oven. My friend came over and distracted me with wine and conversation so I didn't remember to take pics of the pan crisping/transferring to oven process. I forgot to mention that part. Good catch!

Also I like your flair.

Sloppy Drunken Shit Fucker2 points·1 month ago

Ah ok, I read it wrong. Chairs!

Original Poster2 points·1 month ago

Nah you're good, I didn't specify which side I put them on when I transferred them to the oven pan until you brought it up. I'm actually glad you mentioned it because I didn't even think about explaining that part.

Sloppy Drunken Shit Fucker2 points·1 month ago

I wouldn’t even crisp them in the pan honestly. I’d just stick em in the oven and when they’re about to come out, then on the broiler and crisp em that way.

Original Poster1 point·1 month ago

Tbh I don't know how to use the broiler part of my oven, if it even has a broiler option. I'm sure it does, I've just never used it.

I'm not a real "cook" I just wing things and learn from watching cooking shows/googling recipes and shit.

But I do know how to crisp things in a pan so that's what I stuck with lol

Sloppy Drunken Shit Fucker1 point·1 month ago

On the temp gauge on your oven, all the way up is typically the broiler.

I’m a “real” cook, if that means anything. I’ve been a line cook basically my whole life.

Original Poster2 points·1 month ago

Technically I have worked as a cold side prep cook for extra hours, but I've never really been taught anything. When I started I guess everyone assumed I knew what I was doing and just told me to do things and I tried to figure it out from there. Everyone else had culinary school training and there I was, just trying to pick up hours doing what I thought was similar to cooking at home. I just fake it til I make it. At least cooking at home I'm somewhat familiar with my own kitchen and I don't have someone watching my every move (anxiety is a bitch) so when I mess up at home I can just start over without feeling judged. It's why I like drunk cooking; less anxiety, I can just kind of "go with the flow" and do what I feel like, and when I don't know what I'm doing I'll just use my phone to google a recipe and try to follow that.

Is.... is that gravy pasta?

Original Poster1 point·1 month ago

It's a cream cheese sauce

DrunkenCoookery: Just like yo' mama used to beat it.

r/drunkencookery Rules

Don't be a dick.
Tag anything that is NSFW.
Posts must be food and booze related.