DJ Jackmaster admits to sexual harassment at festival

knew he didn't shit in a kettle.

Jackmaster

Frankie Knuckles8 points · 1 month ago

Fucking embarrassment to the name he took as his stage name

Actually fucked up that people spread a false rumour about him shitting in a kettle just to trivialise the issue. The good news is that he's been dropped from The Warehouse Project and Motion's lineups.

I'm pretty sure he did that in addition to these other bleak accusations.

Main Course6 points · 1 month ago

Yea i thought I saw a security footage still

He definitely done a shite in a kettle

6 points · 1 month ago

harrassmaster

I know it's a House term, but his DJ name sounds like an insult.

Way to go jackmaster!

Peggy Gou commented this on Jackmaster's facebook post:

Peggy boo says
We are human,we make mistakes, silly and outrageous things sometimes but it’s important to admit it, be aware of it and change and that’s what jack is doing
Sending you big kiss. See you tonight Jackie Bhoy

What a fucking joke

ratatat46 points · 1 month ago

People are allowed to have their own reactions, and take things how they would like to take things. Maybe he is attempting to better himself and get his life under control. He certainly deserves whatever punishment he gets, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't have people standing by him if he's truly wanting to change.

I say this as a convicted criminal circa 15 years ago now, who did shittier things than getting fucked up and grab and kiss on girls who didn't want it. I am not that person I once was. Some thought I was and would forever be a worthless piece of shit, and others stood by me as I tried to become who I am now. Both of those groups helped me become that.

12 points · 1 month ago · edited 1 month ago

That’s fair enough, but my issue is that he doesn’t seem to be truly repentant about what he did. Like I’ve said in another comment, he downplayed his actions in his initial Facebook apology, and only went into detail after one of his victims spoke out.

Ultimately, I’m not saying he doesn’t deserve the opportunity to change in the future, but he deserves everything that’s coming to him right now.

So how does that culminate into calling one of his friends offering support a "fucking joke".

Please. She completely trivialised his actions. She should have been more vocal and not just passed it off as a silly mistake.

26 points · 1 month ago

Exactly. They're dating.

So your man makes sexual advances to multiple woman and you're totally cool with it....ok then

Ahhh I didn't know that; that just makes it even worse. She's practically enabling him by not properly speaking out.

5 points · 1 month ago

Yeah mate its crazy and so hypocritical its unbelievable

Comment deleted1 month ago
4 points · 1 month ago

guessing they like being an item in the world of dance music

Not every relationship is monogamous ;-)

4 points · 1 month ago

Not everyones partner makes aggressive unwanted advances to be after being told not too ;-)

Of course not but if you haven't seen people act completely out of character while intoxicated then you just need to be around more intoxicated people because it happens

Haha okay dad, i've ever consumed any drink or drugs....

Ah well, some people completely change into people you wouldn't even recognize especially with alcohol and it won't be all alcohol just one or two types, particularly whiskey and gin, but I've seen it on drugs too so I'm not shocked that someone who consumed to much ghb behaved in a way that was out of character. It's not an excuse it's just the way it is.

I've taken GHB and it never had that effect on me. I've also partied for days with all the party drugs and it hasnt made me harrass girls.

Booze and drugs bring out the real person inside, for better or for worse.

how do you know this?

It's been all over their social media channels for months.

Comment deleted1 month ago

Haha mate hes admitted to being a creep, it was sexual assault, cant do that in this day and age when you're a social justice warrior

You let me down Peggy

19 points · 1 month ago · edited 1 month ago

i saw this coming. He has been acting holier than thou for a while, but that's came back to bite him now. It's crazy that all the social justice warriors such as the Black Madonna haven't even condemned his behaviour. You cant criticise people for doing things (Trump) when it suits your agenda and not when it is one of their friends

Ironic how a year or so a go he was all up in arms about sexism in the industry

7 points · 1 month ago

yeah exactly mate, there's been loads of times when he's been up in arms - sexism, playing behind a Palestine flag (which is to do with his football team and not the countries situation) and just general wanky behaviour. I know people that know him and are not surprised at all.

Also noted his 'apology' blamed GHB. It definitely doesn't have the effects he is trying to claim

Exactly. What a dickhead. Also, in his initial facebook apology post he made 0 mention of the fact that he had been trying to kiss and grope women at Love Saves the Day. He deliberately made it ambiguous to downplay the issue.

5 points · 1 month ago

Yeah, and i reckon its been pretty serious if the festival have forced him to make an apology (if he didn't they would have outed him).

If you maybe overstepped the line a bit then a face-to-face sorry would be fine, but given how public it is i reckon he got really creepy

Flat Eric-1 points · 1 month ago

I bet you would still be just as upset if he said exactly what you think he should have said.

Thanks for contributing mate 👍

Flat Eric-2 points · 1 month ago

I wouldn't say I was really contributing but that's nice you think so

Im glad you acknowledged how pointless your comment was

GHB can make you quite touchy feely / gropey gropey.

The guy is supposed to be an admired pro as a DJ tho. Quite why he needs to guzzle that rubbish down his neck and behave like a dickhead I’ll not understand.

Just pop some cold brews on yer rider and pop a few afterwards.

11 points · 1 month ago

He said he necked it from the bottle so it wouldnt have, trust me.

He was always wrecked in the Sub Club and loved a party. I've seen him trainwrecking tunes and mixes really badly.

I agree with what you mean. Being wrecked beyond control is gonna become a problem sooner or later, especially if it has an effect on others

Nah, blaming it on drugs is a copout

Knife Party7 points · 1 month ago

GHB makes gives you a little of that "i love everyone" feeling but blaming being touchy gropey on it is ridiculous.

Ive taken it and had that same feeling but I didnt sexually assault anyone...

Everyone's mileage varies mate

Knife Party2 points · 1 month ago

Still not an excuse

No but some people genuinely do lose sense of themselves when they've taken too many drugs, it's just the way it is.

He apologized, the apology was accepted and he'll be aware he has to behave himself if he wants to continue his career as a top class DJ.

-1 points · 1 month ago

Yes but ecstacy makes you loose asf

It wasn’t ecstasy, it was GHB. And even if it was ecstasy, that would be no excuse; I’ve dropped many times and I’ve always managed to keep my hands to myself. Blaming shitty behaviour on drugs just detracts from the issue and shifts the blame away from the person.

flyinglotus2 points · 1 month ago

I don’t think that blaming shitty behavior on drugs is that crazy. I’ve done some regrettable shit on drugs I would have never done sober especially when I was younger, stupider, and had absurd amounts of testosterone running through my body. Blame it on the alcohol is an awful excuse entirely but I don’t think drugs and booze should be completely thrown out of the equation. Maybe he had too much too fast

While that may be partly true, I think saying that is a slippery slope. I mean I’ve done embarrassing things on drugs and alcohol but I’ve never crossed the line that Jackmaster did. It’s perhaps not a black and white issue but he needs to be held accountable for his actions.

That's such a weak excuse dude.

If you're a shitty person on drugs....I hate to say it, youre just a shitty person.

There's hundreds of thousands of people who do drugs every year and don't assult people.

flyinglotus1 point · 1 month ago

I should die

or...you know...learn self control like an adult?

Comment deleted1 month ago
5 points · 1 month ago

yeah, did you see twitter yesterday? She was kicking off because people were asking why he hadn't said anything about the incident but is so vocal about all that stuff in general. Her replies and reasoning were cringeworthy

Daftpunkier2 points · 1 month ago

Just checked her Twitter, all of her responses seemed perfectly normal to me.

2 points · 1 month ago

By normal you mean brash, vulgar and deflecting?

Tactics used by her nemisis Trump

Comment deleted1 month ago
2 points · 1 month ago

yep go on her twitter and read it mate, all there

I'm sure these DJ's will care what 20 redditors think.

Comment deleted1 month ago

It's more a point that you think making your statements without any real information and your loss of respect means anything to these people. You don't pay to go to shows or are involved in anyway except making snarky comments online.

He's using the "I was blacked out" excuse, fuck off

I do not wish to use my substance abuse as an excuse for my actions

he explicitly says it isn't an excuse lol

I don’t think it’s an excuse, and he didn’t paint it as one, but it does give some context to the events.

He says it wasn't an excuse. Can you read?

Good point, however I think alcohol is a much more controllable drug given the amount of research and advice available for its users. GHB is a street drug right? Less is known about it. I'd never heard of it before reading this article.

GHB is also known as liquid ecstasy and is also a date rape drug.

I knew a girl that shit all over a bathroom after knowingly ingesting a lot of GHB. It was all over the walls and everything.

High-class drug 10/10 would recommend.

Yea I read about it after reading the article, which is why I wondered why in earth people would take drugs like that.

6 points · 1 month ago

GHB is kinda like a more euphoric alcohol. It's pretty popular in the gay community.

3 points · 1 month ago

it's a pretty splendid feeling when used responsibly tbh. mix with so much as one drop off alcohol and the lights will immediately go out

Well at least this guy didn't pull a Datsik

Who? Literally never heard of him.

Never listened to your music and never will now.

Wow Ghb makes you horny as fu k so I can only imagine what lewd behavior

-9 points · 1 month ago(1 child)

Same reason people drink?

-11 points · 1 month ago(0 children)

Nah he's a decent DJ, just a really shit person

A place to discuss everything electronic music related.

r/electronicmusic Rules
Doesn't follow 'Artist - Title' format.
Self Promotion
Unofficial source (if official is available)
Social media posts for upvotes.
Post Type/Genre/artist bashing and ridiculing.
Repost from last 6 months.
Piracy (DL links or leaked material)
Content spamming or feedback requests.
Submission suited to weekly discussion thread.