Sign up and stay connected to your favorite communities.

[Homemade] Huevos Rancheros

Image
28 points · 5 months ago · edited 5 months ago

I live here in San Diego and always go to tijuana I'd be more than happy to overnight you some queso cotija if it's possible? Maybe even some fresh homemade salsa and homemade flour tortillas .I promise it isn't a front for drug smuggling lol.

I promise it isn't a front for drug smuggling lol.

In that case, no deal.

Give me a half ounce of the "huevos"

Original Poster5 points · 5 months ago

Seriously considering this lol

For sure just send me a message and lmk.

Why not corn tortillas op? If you get corn tortillas and pan fry them a bit. Than some queso cotija as a topping. Looks good!

Original Poster17 points · 5 months ago

You know, you’re right! This was my first shot at this and we only had flour tortillas. I’d love some fresh queso as well but alas, my Canadian arctic tundra grocery store has none :(

Looks good! We need to hook you up with some New Mexican chile to top it off.

Good first attempt, keep it up!

Original Poster4 points · 5 months ago

Thank you very much! Next time, I’ll get some corn tortillas, lots more cilantro and some salsa verde I think :)

Looks wonderful to me!

i did a lazy version myself - heat up salsa, crack a few eggs on top, serve over tortilla chips

1 point · 5 months ago

Yum!!

I wear to god my Dad eats this same thing every morning since there is no one to stop him. But he lives eating Huevos Ranchero and it is good actually

looks bomb, id use corn as others have said

1 point · 5 months ago · edited 5 months ago

You imposter :) jokingly

Gotta fry those tortilla brodi. And corn next time as well. Also, that looks tasty.

Original Poster2 points · 5 months ago

Cheers!

-8 points · 5 months ago(0 children)

Give the guy a break, he just doesn't understand the beauty that is green chili, or red chili or both.

I found a fellow New Mexican, I see,

Almost right. Chile

Cooking, restaurants, recipes, food network, foodies, talk about it here!

r/food Rules

Only food-related posts are allowed.
Be nice to each other.
No overt blogspam. No blog links, at all.
Keep your titles descriptive and on topic
Mod removal of posts and/or comments is allowed.
Use np.reddit when linking to reddit, even /r/food

Get to know food