top 200 commentsshow 500

[–]RutgersThrowaway97 630 points631 points  (31 children)

Lets do the math to calculate our chances.

The official makeup of Reese's Pieces

50% orange, 25% brown, and 25% yellow

I can infer from the cover art that this is in fact a 48oz bag of Reese's pieces. 51 pieces of Reeses pieces equates to 40 grams of Reeses pieces. 48 oz to grams is 1360.78 grams. 1360.78 grams of Reeses pieces is (51/40)*(1360.78) = 1734 pieces.


867 pieces are Orange Reeses Pieces

433 pieces are yellow Reeses Pieces

433 pieces are brown Reese Pieces

with one tossup piece being brown or yellow

The official makeup of most M&M colors is

*Edit: Given the variable distribution by state I used the information for 2017 distribution located further down in the article.

M&M'S Milk Chocolate: 25% blue, 25% orange, 12.5% green, 12.5% yellow, 12.5% red and 12.5% brown.

From the art I can infer that it is a 56 oz bag of M&Ms

As per the M&M website 7oz of M&Ms is approximately 210 pieces of m&ms. So the 56 oz bag will have (210/7)*56 = 1680 M&Ms

This gives

  • 210 brown M&Ms

  • 210 yellow M&Ms

  • 210 red M&Ms

  • 420 orange M&Ms

  • 210 green M&Ms

  • 420 blue M&Ms

Finally we have the skittles bag which looks to be a 41 oz skittles bag.

Skittles are evenly distributed by color (purple, yellow, green, orange, red: 20% each) and there are 400 skittles per 16 oz.

So to find out the entire amount of skittles per 41 oz bag. (400/16)*41 = 1025 skittles.

As per the even distribution there are exactly 205 skittles of each color yielding.

  • 205 red skittles

  • 205 yellow skittles

  • 205 orange skittles

  • 205 green skittles

  • 205 purple skittles

So now we can discern that there are roughly 1025 skittles, 1680 M&Ms and 1734 Reeses Pieces yielding 4439 distinguishable candies in the bowl.

Should you select a candy entirely at random, you selection would have the highest probability of being a Reeses Piece (39%).

For purposes of taking risks by color and not being able to infer the difference between them by the obvious M on M&Ms, S on skittles and glossy sheen on the Reese Pieces (lets say you left your glasses at home) the best bet would be able to choose a piece by color.

When choosing a red piece (210 M&Ms + 205 skittles = 415): 51% chance M&M 49% chance skittles

When choosing a orange piece (205 skittles + 420 M&Ms +867 reeses pieces = 1492) 58% chance reeses piece, 14% skittles, 28% M&Ms

When choosing a yellow piece (205 skittles + 210 M&Ms + 433 reeses pieces = 848) 24% chance skittles, 25% M&Ms and 51% reeses pieces

When choosing a green piece (205 skittles + 210 M&Ms = 415) 49% chance skittles, 51% chance M&Ms

When choosing a blue piece 420 M&Ms, 100% chance M&Ms

When choosing a purple piece 205 Skittles, 100% chance skittles.

When choosing a brown piece (210 brown M&Ms + 433 brown reeses pieces = 643) 33% chance M&Ms, 67% chance reeses pieces.

So in order of percentage chance:

Best shot at getting a skittle:

  • purple 100%

  • green 49%

  • red 49%

  • yellow 24%

  • orange 14%

Best shot at getting a reeses piece

  • brown 67%

  • orange 58%

  • yellow 51%

Best shot at getting an M&Ms

  • blue 100%

  • red 51%

  • green 51%

  • brown 33%

  • orange 28%

  • yellow 25%

So in conclusion, if you want a skittle, go with purple, if you want a reeses piece go with brown and if you want an M&M go with blue.

[–]Megamantrinity 29 points30 points  (1 child)

Id give you a gold skittle as a reward, but I don't have one. So I'll give you an upvote for your dissertation on avoiding this problem.

[–]getsome75 11 points12 points  (0 children)

+1 for promoting nerd statistics

[–]cleverologist 16 points17 points  (1 child)

Uh, yeah. We vote you to stay on the island

[–]ignotusvir 11 points12 points  (0 children)

Excellent conclusion, but a few complications on the statistics. 1) The bags aren't fully emptied into the bowl, so there may be a higher portion of the skittle's bag than the reese's bag. 2) While Skittles claims to be 20% across the board, most tests find that to be false (commonly attributed to high variance across hoppers, causing sample batches to be biased while the whole production overall is 20%, but who knows.

Bottom line, your conclusion is correct and I'm pedantic.

[–]Shane1302 6 points7 points  (0 children)


[–]therawrj 1110 points1111 points  (183 children)

Eat the blue ones, there are no blue skittles (unless you like that Tropical bag, but it looks like the normal bag) or blue Reese's pieces.

[–]neverelax 587 points588 points  (167 children)

But there are blue Smarties.. Oh, but wait.. You don't have Smarties in America.. err. YOUR Smarties are OUR Rockets.

[–]Amayetli 97 points98 points  (33 children)

I've seen them in movie theatres in the past but never anywhere else. They're bigger and shaped slightly different if I remember correctly.

[–]neverelax 30 points31 points  (30 children)

Well they are pretty much identical in shape and size to reese's pieces actually. They are crunchier though like an m&m because they have chocolate inside and not peanut butter.

[–]Amayetli 11 points12 points  (24 children)

Huh, well I'm thinking of something completely different then.

[–]Tarrjue 46 points47 points  (16 children)

Were you thinking of Sprees?

[–]Amayetli 9 points10 points  (15 children)

Yes I believe those are the candy, got them on a whim as a child and was pretty disappointed.

[–]KallistiEngel 42 points43 points  (13 children)

Sprees were one of my favorite candies as a kid. Those and ShockTarts.

[–]-hey-ben- 6 points7 points  (4 children)

Dude you just made me start salivating in public

[–]neverelax 5 points6 points  (3 children)

If I look at Sour Patch kids I salivate and can taste sour in my mouth

[–]Amayetli 7 points8 points  (6 children)

I liked the shocktarts, Spree for some reason just wasn't my kinda jazz.

[–]Tarrjue 13 points14 points  (1 child)

Well, friend, you're wrong. That's okay, we love you anyway.

[–]Chiddy 5 points6 points  (2 children)

Do they still make shocktarts? Shit, that just brought me back. I loved those so much as a kid.

[–]gnilmit 3 points4 points  (0 children)

I was all about the Chewy Sprees.

[–]PSN-Colinp42 1 point2 points  (0 children)

Chewy spree are life changing.

[–]mkElegy 4 points5 points  (5 children)

I've also had something that looks like those European smarties but definitely not chocolate in the middle. I don't remember them well, but I think they were a little chewy and possibly sour or tart. They were bigger than m&ms though.

[–]HaniiPuppy 2 points3 points  (0 children)

The chocolate in Smarties is softer and sweeter than in M&Ms.

[–]Dash12345678 26 points27 points  (19 children)

As a Canadian this seems weird. (We have the M&M-similar Smarties and the Rockets)

I visit USA for a couple weeks most years, and never noticed that they don't have our Smarties. I'm pretty sure I actually remember seeing the Halloween version (Scaries, no idea if there's a difference besides the box) at a Sheetz on the way home in early September this year. We don't have Sheetz in Canada though.

[–]neverelax 4 points5 points  (10 children)

We get the scaries here for Halloween. Coffee Crisp becomes Coffin Crisp too.. They have a special wrapper for Aero as well but no fancy name to my knowledge. Kit Kat has something too.. cant remember. All Nestle.

[–]Dash12345678 4 points5 points  (1 child)

Aero becomes Scaero, no idea for Kit Kat.

[–]neverelax 5 points6 points  (0 children)

Right thats it! its kit kat that stays the same but they have a black cat on the cover.

edit. I found some pictures of them http://imgur.com/2aDteTP

[–]musicobsession 2 points3 points  (0 children)

We don't have Sheetz in most of America and it's a damn shame.

[–]JemimaJones 7 points8 points  (2 children)

I have never seen a packet of Rockets before.

They remind me of the packaging of Love Hearts.

[–][deleted] 4 points5 points  (1 child)

I've had Smarties in America. I didn't realize I was eating imported candy. Oo la la.

[–]zzz0404 1 point2 points  (0 children)

Look at Mr. Fancypants over here with his pants that are fancy.

[–]_ImYouFromTheFuture_ 2 points3 points  (4 children)

we have them under a different name I think, I cant remember right now.

[–]jennyrob669 2 points3 points  (2 children)

Ahhhhh I remember when Nestle stopped producing blue smarties while they searched for a natural ingredient to make them blue. They disappeared for quite a while!

Did anyone else’s parents sieve out the blue smarties when they were a kid? (I’m talking 1980s) there was a rumour the colouring used to make kids hyperactive.

[–]neverelax 2 points3 points  (0 children)

Do you remember when they introduced purple and they had "cool shades" printed in black on them?

[–]masterfulsky 1 point2 points  (0 children)

Ahhh the old parents smartie swindle, you didnt fall for that did you

[–]mark-five 1 point2 points  (0 children)

YOUR Smarties are OUR Rockets.

...And OUR rockets are YOUR freedom!

[–]Homer69 14 points15 points  (1 child)

And the brown ones. Nothing wrong with peanut and chocolate. Or you just not eat any with an s on it.

[–]eaglescout1984 2 points3 points  (0 children)

I like peanut butter M&M's, so I'm not afraid of some Reece's pieces with my M&M's.

[–]Copper1233 6 points7 points  (0 children)

Or read the letters

[–]BeatToQuarters444 4 points5 points  (0 children)

But both Skittles and Reeses Pieces are better than M&Ms...

[–]ljn9226 4 points5 points  (0 children)

You are a hero. To many times I have fell victim to peple mixing the 2 not any more.

[–]PM_ME_YOUR_CLIT_LADY 166 points167 points  (3 children)

You underestimate my fatness

[–]dougsbeard 13 points14 points  (0 children)

Seriously, handful that shit. So many levels of deliciousness.

[–][deleted] 7 points8 points  (0 children)

my fatness underestimated this comment

[–]GimmeCookiez 5 points6 points  (0 children)

I underestimate the amount of PMs you get that you probably don’t actually want to see

[–]qvantamon 816 points817 points  (52 children)

Am I the only one that eats them one at a time, instead of shoving a fistful of them in my mouth at once? If you eat one at a time, a mixed bowl like that sounds kind of cool.

[–]lilsnotnosetommy 334 points335 points  (2 children)

You are definitely not in the sales department.

[–]Kurasader 93 points94 points  (2 children)

Yeah, my first thought was "this is awesome."

[–]deadlychambers 20 points21 points  (0 children)

Your first thought was in fact correct. This is awesome.

[–]bautin 76 points77 points  (22 children)

Regardless, expecting an M&M or Reece's Piece and getting a Skittle or vice versa is just wrong.

[–]SlenderLogan 27 points28 points  (17 children)

Agreed, when you eat enough Skittles the taste left in your mouth makes everything else taste gross. Replace the Skittles with Smarties maybe?

[–]_W1ndsor 15 points16 points  (10 children)

In the US, Smarties are what everyone else calls "Rockets" btw. So that won't work in the US

[–]SlenderLogan 7 points8 points  (9 children)

I'm getting mixed messages from different commenters here. In the UK we have a thing called Smarties which look a lot like M&Ms. I've never heard of Rockets before. What's what?

[–]thelethalpotato 13 points14 points  (8 children)

theses are Smarties in the US. Basically Tums without the calcium and more sugar.

[–]SlenderLogan 11 points12 points  (4 children)

Oh, I see. this is what we call Smarties over here.

[–]RelentlessJorts 1 point2 points  (2 children)

We have those in the UK but they're called love hearts.

[–]caelumh 2 points3 points  (5 children)

Yeah but smarties stand out.

[–]nanooz 9 points10 points  (0 children)

You can do that??? I'm pretty sure thats impossible and the only way that the laws of physics will allow is a fistfull at a time.

[–]oog_in_my_pants 22 points23 points  (1 child)

Nah, the only way I can eat these is by stuffing them in my mouth with both hands like a Bagger 288. I would totally be down for this mix regardless.

[–]alucard_3501 13 points14 points  (0 children)

M&Ms I'll do a few at a time. Same with the Resse's. Skittles I pre sort by flavor. I used to do it because I liked to taste all the different flavors, but now i do it just to take out the GOD DAMN GREEN APPLE HORSE SHIT and throw that right into the trash. Fucking hate that god damn flavor.

[–]adventurecrime 6 points7 points  (2 children)

I try to do this but my hand ends up being a colorful sticky mess.

[–]Elite_dean 9 points10 points  (0 children)

one at a time? do it with chopstick.

[–]otabagel 3 points4 points  (0 children)

And if you're crazy like me you'd grab a handful anyway

[–]BucklerIIC 6 points7 points  (2 children)

With you bud. Candy isn't food. A single piece of a given candy will give you that sweet candy flavor you want. If you feel like you need a handful of something, because you are looking to eat, go get a real food that will nourish you.

[–]thirtiethst 1 point2 points  (1 child)

I agree with you and upvoted you, but damn I have trouble sticking to this mindset.

[–]BucklerIIC 1 point2 points  (0 children)

Haha don't I know it. Sometimes you're waiting on someone else to get lunch and there's just a bowl of M&Ms there and mistakes get made.

[–]cefriano 2 points3 points  (1 child)

Going from chocolate/peanut butter to fruity or vice verse isn’t appealing to me, regardless of whether you’re eating a fistful or one at a time.

[–]cheesefreak123 4 points5 points  (0 children)

I DON'T eat them one at a time and this sounds cool

[–]LurkersGoneLurk 105 points106 points  (9 children)

I feel like that would be awesome if you took out the Skittles. Obviously, that’s the joke, but the other two mixed up sounds great.

[–]Avelsajo 23 points24 points  (7 children)

Only eat the brown ones.

[–]pennomi 18 points19 points  (2 children)

The brown M&M's look very similar to the purple Skittles in low light conditions.

Source: I sneak a few Skittles into the M&M's bowl each time I visit my parents for the holidays.

[–]Dougish123 13 points14 points  (1 child)

Seems like your parents birthed Satan

[–]pennomi 8 points9 points  (0 children)

No no, that's silly.

I am a ginger though and lacking a soul I find this kind of thing hilarious.

[–]Roysthebest 2 points3 points  (1 child)

And the blue M&M’s. No blue Skittles.

[–]aronnyc 208 points209 points  (52 children)

Especially people with nut allergies.

[–]Quov 327 points328 points  (31 children)

Pro-tip : if you have allergies, don't put unknown assortments of food into your mouth from containers you can't be sure we're allergen free in the first place.

[–]KetzerJefe343 44 points45 points  (9 children)

I have but allergies, I don’t put food in my mouth (especially candy) when I don’t know where it’s from. But if someone says “do you want some skittles” or “do you want some m&ms” another person with an allergy might take them up on it and it could end up being fatal.

[–]KypDurron 53 points54 points  (1 child)

I have but allergies

Deal breaker for Tina Belcher

[–]Silentknight11 20 points21 points  (0 children)


[–]socokid 13 points14 points  (1 child)

I have but allergies

I would not put M&Ms there as a general rule.

[–]AndThisGuyPeedOnIt 3 points4 points  (2 children)

Someone did this to me when I was a kid. Told me it was an m&m. Laughed when it was a reese's pieces. I went to the ER.

[–]AftT3Rmath 1 point2 points  (0 children)

I had this happen to me with a cookie, ended up being a dog treat...

[–]UrbanDryad[🍰] 3 points4 points  (16 children)

People with nut allergies probably know to avoid the color assortment of Reese's, but if it looks like a bowl of plain M&M's? All the Reese's colors are also in M&M's, and they aren't the right size to be the peanut ones. At least Skittles have colors M&M's don't so that should be a tip off.

[–]muchdogeisenseinyou 35 points36 points  (2 children)

Pro-tip : if you have allergies, don't put unknown assortments of food into your mouth from containers you can't be sure we're allergen free in the first place.

[–]bullhorn_bigass 5 points6 points  (1 child)

True, but if someone didn’t know that I had a nut allergy and tried to prank me by offering this mixed bowl and asking “Do you want some M&Ms”, it would never occur to me that some of them might be Reese’s Pieces instead.

[–]lxlDRACHENlxl 11 points12 points  (6 children)

Or dairy allergies.

[–]Dash12345678 2 points3 points  (3 children)

Pretty sure M&M's always has the warning 'May Contain Peanuts' anyway. No idea for Skittles.

[–]SwarFaults 8 points9 points  (1 child)

Almost every candy has a 'May contain nuts' warning for legal reasons.

[–]AllThatJazz 3 points4 points  (0 children)

Even bags of nuts now have "May contain nuts" warnings... (I kid you not).

[–]SeismicWhales 1 point2 points  (0 children)

Yeah they do but this has Skittles mixed in with them making it hard to tell.

[–]Baladas89 27 points28 points  (0 children)

I'm pretty sure this was outlawed by the Geneva Convention...

[–]physis81 12 points13 points  (0 children)

Evil. That's horrible. I've done and seen some shady shit but nothing ever like this.

[–]Is-not-a-valid-user 12 points13 points  (0 children)

I have come up with the ultimate prank

Ask people at a party to guess how many M&Ms are in a jar, but only place 1 M&M and fill the rest with skittles

[–]Greentooth87 40 points41 points  (0 children)

Calm down, Satan.

[–]Send_bitcoins_here 67 points68 points  (4 children)

I did this once at a party a friend was having. Turns out the party was more of a formal adult gathering.. How was I to know. Tossed the same combo in a bowl and set it out before anyone noticed. Couple hours in the confusion started to set it. Iong story, short.. I made a lot of enemies that night.

[–]SuedeVeil 28 points29 points  (2 children)

My mom thought it was be fun and festive to mix in about 10 peanut M&Ms in a big bowl of plain peanuts for a bit of color at her Xmas party... Little did she know a party full of 50 to 80 year olds will try their very best to dig through a bowl of peanuts to get every last peanut M&M.

[–]greengrasser11 2 points3 points  (1 child)

A big bowl of M&Ms in general doesn't sound too sanitary.

[–]researchhunter 2 points3 points  (0 children)

Obligatory- You sound fun at parties

[–]TheyCallMeSuperChunk 2 points3 points  (0 children)

I also did this, at work for April's fools day (just M&Ms and Skittles. Turned out, most people I work with don't give a shit and will take free food/sugar however it comes their way. The bowl lasted less than two hours. I made a bunch of friends that day.

[–]Graphitetshirt 41 points42 points  (2 children)

You deserve bad things in your life

[–]cellounge10 8 points9 points  (0 children)

We would no longer be friends if you did this to me.

[–]PerilousAll 21 points22 points  (2 children)

I've heard of putting Skittles and M&Ms together to get S&Ms.

The Reese's are a new add in for me.

[–]CryingOnions_ 3 points4 points  (1 child)

Now add something with an A to get ASMR for your taste buds

[–]Dnt_Shave_4_Sherlock 5 points6 points  (0 children)

M&Ms and Reese's are more flat than Skittles generally, so they would be fairly easy to pick out.

[–]timmaywi 6 points7 points  (0 children)

This is why I have trust issues.

[–]tahlyn 12 points13 points  (3 children)

Who hurt you?

[–]howlinbluesman 3 points4 points  (2 children)

Some Skittle loving freak probably fucked his girlfriend. Or his mother. Or both.

[–]kathartik 3 points4 points  (0 children)

if you're looking for a list of suspects, check to see if he's ever played call of duty against a 12 year old

[–]Demonslugg 2 points3 points  (0 children)

At the same time

[–]NELHAOTEC 11 points12 points  (2 children)

M&Ms and Reese's Pieces I think could actually go well together. Not the skittles though.

[–]awaiting_bus 3 points4 points  (0 children)

Life is like a bowl of m&m, skittles and reeses. You never know what you are gonna get.

[–]gives-out-hugs 5 points6 points  (0 children)

Used to work security in back of a relatively popular venue fresh outta high school. I was working one night watching the talent entrance and backstage area when the request was made from a well known rapper, i went and bought a large bag of m&ms and a large bag of sour skittles which were placed in a bowl and mixed up outside his dressing room

It was fairly dark backstage and very difficult to tell the difference even with the sour powder covering on the skittles.

We sat in his room, lights off watching through a crack in the door as people grabbed handfuls, threw them in their mouth and made the best faces.

One of the best nights of my life

[–]rilla573 8 points9 points  (0 children)

This is the very definition of evil.

[–]curious_groge 3 points4 points  (0 children)

This actually stresses me out

[–]Buttersstotch18 2 points3 points  (0 children)

I actually had a colleague who did this and I noticed immediately. Then said fuck it and ate them in one bite. It actually tasted like when you bite into a Tootsie Pop with a bit of the hard candy left. It wasn't really that bad to be honest and continued to go back for more.

[–]FroschCipher 2 points3 points  (2 children)

My OCD literally just kicked me in the balls with the need to sort that

[–]EldritchCarver 1 point2 points  (1 child)

By brand, or by color?

[–]NeonTranceBadger 2 points3 points  (2 children)

M&M have M's on them, Reese's pieces have no marking and Skittles have a S on them.

[–]burn23notice 2 points3 points  (0 children)

People like you are the reason I have trust issue

[–]extraordinaryhope 2 points3 points  (0 children)

The idea is funny but if someone did that to me I would absolutely hate them😂

[–]arthurtheking10 2 points3 points  (0 children)

Cinderella will help.

[–]MermaidAni 2 points3 points  (0 children)

What monster would do such a thing? :(

[–]MichaelBuc79 2 points3 points  (0 children)

This shit really fucks with my ocd

[–]Marenjii 2 points3 points  (0 children)

What monster would do this?!

[–]Bdog_13 2 points3 points  (0 children)

M&Ms and Reeses aint so had but...skittles with M&Ms? You monster.

[–]TyneyTymey 2 points3 points  (0 children)

You're a sick fuck, Mr. Grinch...

[–]_salty-dog_ 6 points7 points  (0 children)

Some people want to watch the world burn.

[–]kittenkaboodle17 1 point2 points  (0 children)

Let the games begin...

[–]therealsoundoctor 1 point2 points  (2 children)

YEARS ago a biker did this at his house ... except the blue ones were stelazine and the yellow were thorazine ...

[–]RedShadow120 1 point2 points  (2 children)

Quick reminder that Easter is April 1st this year.

[–]I_Am_Legacy 1 point2 points  (0 children)

You monster!

[–]frshtrx 1 point2 points  (1 child)

Passive aggressive, professional edition.

[–]Deitaphobia 4 points5 points  (0 children)

Nothing passive about it, that's actively aggressive.

[–]jackarse32 1 point2 points  (0 children)

skittles has done well enough on their own when they added that crap ass green apple .

[–]YoungAndMotivated 1 point2 points  (0 children)

I'd be cool with this if there were no Skittles in there... I fucking hate Skittles.

[–]Montymania94 1 point2 points  (0 children)

Gimme the bowl, I'll eat the whole damn thing.

[–]LousyDrunk 1 point2 points  (0 children)

I hope you step on a lego

[–]NibblyPig[🍰] 1 point2 points  (0 children)

The M&Ms have little 'w's on them you can check for

[–]mykittybinky 1 point2 points  (0 children)

Nope - dump 'em all on the table, separate 'em by color/type of candy, then eat 'em - one little piece of candy at a time - just make sure you keep the same number in each pile, or within one. Ahh! Just thinking about it does my little ocd brain good...

[–]whatthefrelll 1 point2 points  (0 children)

Am I the only one who actually likes mixing these?

[–][deleted] 1 point2 points  (0 children)

We've got an automatic candy dispenser at work that we take turns filling. I think this is a perfect idea.

[–]Uncleharley 1 point2 points  (0 children)

Did you know that if you eat a red skittle and a m&m at the same time it tastes like chocolate covered cherries? Well now you do.

[–]Watch_Dog89 1 point2 points  (0 children)

You... monster.....

[–]illustbjw 1 point2 points  (0 children)

I really appreciate Reddit for these excellent party trolling ideas. The next party I host will be the last party I will be asked to host!

[–]nolfclvr 1 point2 points  (0 children)

Ah, that's the asshole mix.

[–]FaceplantInButtprint 1 point2 points  (0 children)

At our wedding reception, we had bowls of different candies for the guests. I threw one orange Skittle into the bowl of Reese's Pieces and later had the pleasure of seeing someone discover it.

[–]SharkMTL 1 point2 points  (0 children)

How to kill people with peanut allergies*

[–]bigo211980 1 point2 points  (0 children)

This shit happened on a snack day at work. People were livid!

[–]Never_Been_Missed 1 point2 points  (0 children)

People like you are why I have trust issues.

[–]Stormdancer 1 point2 points  (0 children)

Yeah, I've set out a bowl of S&Ms more than once at work.

People cry and moan and complain... but at the end of the day the bowl is always empty.

[–]melodylinda 1 point2 points  (0 children)


[–]MechCADdie 1 point2 points  (0 children)

Some people just want to watch the world burn.

[–]ajaxnoodlesoup 1 point2 points  (0 children)

S&M's! (Skittles and M&M's) I can't think of a clever name for when you also add Resee's to it?

[–]themcp 1 point2 points  (0 children)

Hershey's makes a peppermint-patty flavored one too. And as I recall they're grey and blue, so they'd confuse people looking for chocolate.

[–]shfiven 1 point2 points  (0 children)

The m&Ms and pieces would be fine together. It's the damn Skittles that'll get you.

[–]kperkins1982 1 point2 points  (0 children)

I used to work in a call center for a large tablet manufacturer. I was a bit of a rising star in that division. People were always coming to me with problems they didn't know how to solve. I always had a steam of people at my desk.

Meanwhile I kept a small candy dish. I started to notice that everybody just took a handful without asking. I guess it wasn't really a big deal but I found it fascinating that people would eat my candy without even acknowledging it or asking.

One day I mixed it half with skittles and half m&ms. One by one my coworkers came up to me and took some, then mid conversation they'd be like WHAT THE HELL IS IN THIS BOWL????

We all found it quite funny until....

Having worked in several call centers I was used to being part of a bit of a display. An executive or client would come for a visit and they would "randomly" put them next to me to insinuate that I was just an average worker. Say for example Lisa Simpson being chosen to represent her school "randomly"

Anyways, up walks my manager, and his manager, and the building director with the number 4 person in the company. A guy worth billions of dollars with ZERO sense of humor.

So here I am walking him through stuff and taking calls while my supervisor has the worst look of dread on her face I've ever seen in a person. She knew about the skittles/m&ms bowl.

He kept getting closer to a bite only to be distracted, it was terrifying.

[–]OccamsMinigun 1 point2 points  (0 children)

You fucking monster.

[–]BlakusDingus 1 point2 points  (0 children)

This is psychopathic beyond Patrick Bateman.....

[–]Moara7 1 point2 points  (1 child)

[–]ieatworld 1 point2 points  (0 children)


[–]EvilNinjaX24 1 point2 points  (2 children)

Oh, that's deliciously evil. Put them next to plate full of chocolate chip cookies and raisin cookies, and enjoy the party.

[–]Haloosinayeshun 1 point2 points  (0 children)

As a person with a peanut allergy, not so funny :(

[–]iamnotdrake 1 point2 points  (0 children)

Is it sad that I wouldn’t mind eating this?

[–]LaughingWarriorYoga 1 point2 points  (1 child)

The flavour of Reese's Pieces and Skittles at the same time would be seriously disgusting.

[–]kiwirenegade 1 point2 points  (0 children)

You monster.

[–]FGHIK 1 point2 points  (0 children)

I like all of them. You have no power here.

[–]Throwawaychica 1 point2 points  (0 children)

At least please put a peanut warning nearby.

[–]Sunny_Olives 1 point2 points  (0 children)

This is not funny. This is horrifying.

[–]Fuelspiller 2 points3 points  (0 children)

Hello Satan.

[–]Gmcrzynrd 2 points3 points  (9 children)

Can’t people feel texture. All three feel completely different from one another.

[–]mrbigbusiness 2 points3 points  (0 children)

I think this every time something similar gets posted. Skittles are even a different shape and texture. M&M's have an "m" on them, so they're different from reeses pieces (which are a bit flatter as well). I guess if you eat like a hungry hippo and shovel handfuls into your mouth, you might get fooled, but I guess I'm not the target audience/victim.

[–]tnafam 1 point2 points  (3 children)

I hope they aren't feeling it and dropping it back in the bowl

[–]donut2099 1 point2 points  (1 child)

You can really only feel the difference with your tongue.

[–]kperkins1982 1 point2 points  (1 child)

When you see a bowl of m&ms do you inspect them to make sure they are really m&ms?