[SPOILERS] One of my favorite scenes from the show

"...and seven kingdoms couldn't fill the hole she left behind"

I'm not sobbing uncontrollably, you are!

House Stark
34 points · 2 days ago

I love how future scenes with Ned and others paint a completely different picture of Robert.

Here we see a man still in pain over his lost love but we get a hint at the shallow immaturity it: "I can't even remember her face."

Then later and before we get scenes telling us how little Robert knew of Lyanna. And eventually we get hints at Lyanna's real feelings in the truth behind her adbuction.

The nuance always gets me. They did this scene and it's great and it's emotionally charged and it's subtle...but just by adding other small dialogue scenes throughout the rest of the show it paints a greater truth. The lie of it all and what it cost the 7 Kingdoms in the end.

That gets me all the time, especially hearing Roberts pain in his voice

Original Poster8 points · 2 days ago

I think it was even sadder when he said that he couldn't remember what she looked like.

Yeah that's when the sobbing started :(

Seriously though, I love this scene too. Always have, cuz it says so much in such a relatively short scene. A masterful job done by both actors!

Original Poster2 points · 2 days ago

Agreed!

D&D created scene too. :)

A lot of people say they've faltered without the book material lately, and that's certainly arguable, but scenes like this show that at the very least, they proved themselves great at colouring in the background, so to speak, when they had the books.

Original Poster5 points · 2 days ago

Kudos to them cause this is just an all around awesome scene!

Care to explain?

He means it’s not something that happens in the books.

The story (I believe from the Blu-Ray commentaries) is that they needed extra time to round out the show length. So this scene, and a few others, were created to add time and depth.

Robert was so fucking good. Every scene he's in is perfect.

I would love a Roberts rebellion. But if he isn’t it it what’s the point. My favorite character. Died way too soon.

Well, they are doing a spin-off of some sort. Perhaps it's a sequel? I havn't really looked into it too much.

Yes they are doing a spinoff. It’s just none of the got originals will be in it. I’m so sad that this is the last season. I wish I never knew about game of thrones honestly. It’s going to hurt so much when it’s over.

This is why I LOVE Cersei. Regardless of how much hate she gets, she is complex. She is deep. She feels with a rainbow of emotions that REAL PEOPLE have. Here shes scared, she's bitter, she's a bit spiteful, confused, she wonders what if, she's sad and then she stamps it down. Then it's over, she puts on her mask and acts like a Queen. Lena is one of the best actors out there to date.

Honestly other than ordering to kill Sansa's dire wolf, she barely has done anything unjustifiable. And for that Ned should have talked Robert out of it instead of immediately slitting the poor thing's throat.
I am not a Cersei fan at all, but I do see how Starks kept making "honest" mistakes while she or any Lannister for that matter didn't. One was trusting her the other was doing what she wanted.

Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
14 points · 2 days ago

Lena Headey is one of my all time favorite actresses. The life she breathes into the most prominent syllable of each line is astounding!

If you like her, PLEASE go watch Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. She is absolutely amazing in that short-lived series!

Oh she killed it as Sarah Connor. Truly lived up to Linda Hamilton's legacy. Lena really is a great actress. She can imbue such pathos to the roles she takes.

This a perfect example of an amazingly acted scene, props to Lena and Mark!!

Rob is just mad he got friendzoned

Sansa Stark
2 points · 2 days ago

Bobby B was pretty heckin pissed about it!

So much so he started a war over it

House Mormont
3 points · 2 days ago

"How long can hate hold a thing together?" is such a great line, and more relevant now than it was then.

3 points · 2 days ago

Bow down in homage to this scene, bow, you shits!

So weird- I was wasting company time this morning doing WPM typing tests and one of the passages I had to type was the ending of this scene!

2 points · 2 days ago

Fun fact: I read they needed scenes with fewer characters to save money. So they created and wrote this scene with just the two actors. Great scene!

The best part was cut out.

Cersei: "Our marriage."

Robert: "Wheeeeeeezesurpriselaugh!"

Night's Watch
2 points · 2 days ago

A beautiful scene of brutal honesty. But would Robert have turned out any differently had he known the truth?

When you compare this to other scenes, the one between Ned and Ceresi; you can tell that Ceresi wanted the marriage to be what it was it the storybooks.

Robert, whether he ever learned the truth or not about Lyanna, was broken, full of anger and pain. He couldn’t give Ceresi a good marriage, starting with only whispering Lyanna’s name their first night together. He never got over it.

Ceresi grew resentful and we all know where that went.

I loved Robert. And I can see why Ned would side with him regardless of his own reasons against King Aerys. ...

Now My Watch Begins
Moderator of r/gameofthrones, speaking officially0 points · 2 days ago

Spoiler Warning: All officially-released show and book content allowed, including trailers and pre-released chapters. No leaked information or paparazzi photos of the set. For more info please check the spoiler guide.

This is a place to enjoy and discuss the HBO series, book series ASOIAF, and GRRM works in general. It is a safe place regardless of where you are in the story. The main three rules are: * Content must be relevant * Spoilers must have warning * Be legal and respectful to others Post spoiler tags are: [No Spoilers], [Spoilers], or [Leaks] Posts outside the content scope are removed. Redditors unable to follow the [sub's rules](http://www.reddit.com/r/gameofthrones/w/posting_policy) are banned.

r/gameofthrones Rules
Relevancy (Not about GOT/ASOIAF)
Relevancy (Meta)
Safety (Spoilers)
Quality (Meme or other low-effort content)
Quality (Repost)