Sign up and stay connected to your favorite communities.

At Pax South, there were amazing Fallout Mario and Luigi cosplayers with a bullet bill Fat Man launcher

1.1k comments

Nicely done, the expressions on their faces are perfect.

But their shoes are too clean LOL!

Annnnd... you ruined it.

Mario can get away with it since it looks like he has boots on...but come on Luigi.

thought it was great until I saw the converse sneakers

He has terminal 7, brain cancer

8.9k points · 5 months agoGilded1 · edited 5 months ago

These post-apocalyptic plumbers have seen some shit.

5.3k points · 5 months agoGilded1

Highjacking top comment.

It's-a-me! This is me and my friend (I'm Mario). We were still walking around the con floor when people started to stop us and tell us that we were on the front page of Reddit. Thanks for the love on the costumes!

Crazy job on the cosplay. I'd love to see more detailed photos!

Agreed...a close up of some of the accessories would be much appreciated. It looks like you've put some work into it, and I'd love to be able to admire some of the craftsmanship!

I've got a bunch on my Instagram. Here's one from yesterday https://www.instagram.com/p/Bd6ckyVHbuy/

28 more replies

A post apocalyptic yoshi would be a great addition!!

Deathclaw Yoshi would be awesome. And super mutant Bowser while I'm thinking about it.

I was literally thinking about that. Tho I’m thinking a mirelurk goomba would be neat as well

Do you want the goombas from the Mario Bros movie? 'cuz that's how you get the goombas from the Mario Bros movie.

best movie ever made.

Feral ghoul koopas too

4 more replies

6 more replies

3 more replies

Awesome cosplay! So what will you now that you're Reddit famous?

Presumably cash in on the fame and run for president of the United States

and jump for president of the United States

FTFY

They could easily squash the competition.

Pretty epic cosplay!

This is a creative idea and some excellent execution. You guys should be very proud!

So how did your friend feel about discovering that he is the Luigi in your friendship?

I'm fatter so I defaulted to Mario.

1 more reply

Everything about this cosplay is just right. Superb work!

Original Poster8 points · 5 months ago · edited 5 months ago

Awesome! So glad you found this, I tried looking around to find you but wasn’t able to. I put a comment about getting help from people to find you but not quite sure how many upvotes it got 😰 Thanks so much for the memorable Pax cosplay!

I'm gonna hype you a little.

Check out his awesome pages and show him some love!

Here's [his Youtube] (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCs1oMh1CuxPY4dW5ro8VKGASLWTGv5zp)

And his Instagram.

Do you guys have like an instagram or something I can follow you on, your work looks awesome!

Wario. Wario never a-changes.

bro this has to be the most rad cosplay ive seen.

Weird, I took plenty of Radaway...

63 more replies

Original Poster1.6k points · 5 months ago

Too much shit.

Radioactive shit

SUPERMUTANT TOILET CLOGGED!! YOU FIX!!

"So what seems to be the issue?"

"Water. Water never changes."

Clogged eh?

welp better put the fatman to use

Except when it's radioactive.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Yao Guai

Teenage Mutant Ninja Nightkin,heros in the wasteland...stealthboy power!

I'm imagining Lily singing that as she lurks around, waiting to smash something.

Underrated comment

Post apocalyptic Volibear

1 more reply

Patrolling the Sand Kingdom almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter...

I hate sand, it’s coarse and rough and gets everywhere

They always forget irritating

Lost an “irritating” the redditor has. How embarrassing

Just like Hawaii,

Oh wait.

TOO SOON

1 more reply

“You ever seen the poop of mutated turtles exposed to radiation that run rampant in the Mushroom Kingdom’s sewers? That scars a man for life”

7 more replies

Mario keeps his plunger looking fresh too!

Plunger is essential to unclog toilets and get some of that pristine toilet water when your brave and dehydrated.

Same shit, different day

We're about to sail into a shit-typhoon Luigi, so we better haul in the jib before it gets covered in shit.

30 more replies

3.1k points · 5 months ago

those pip-game boys though... gold

799 points · 5 months ago · edited 5 months ago

Notice Luigi's smb3 'holotape', to boot.

Edit: Wasn't just trying to point out just any old cool accent to the cosplay. The holotape is especially relevant to the pip boy mentioned in the above comment, since thats what played the holotape games in FO4.

And the Fire Flower on Luigi's Flamethrower

And the star on the psycho

And my axe!

3 more replies

And Mario's Bob-omb grenade.

And...a baseball...?

Baseball grenade, play you some Fallout.

That’s a risky perk to take early.

Yep forgot completely,ive played fallout since the original on pc but i was more on the mario train of thought like,whys mario have a baseball? Lol even considered the football guys that threw them in super mario world

Baseball grenade!

1 more reply

The chain chomp grenade on luigi waist.

1 more reply

And the fallout Mario sticker on the bullet

18 points · 5 months ago · edited 5 months ago

They missed the perfect opportunity to incorporate the Power Glove

edit: and that handgun could be a Nintendo Blaster with mods...

I feel like I had to scroll too far for this. I mean they even DID do the Powerfist.

7 more replies

1.1k points · 5 months ago

Plumbing....plumbing never changes....

The shitter can't get clogged if there is no more shitter.

Then what the hell have I been accidentally drinking out of?

+5 rads

Everybody poops

Can confirm. Currently pooping.

2 more replies

2 more replies

5 more replies

Fucking huge moustache

I really want to believe it's real.

Sadly its fake. My mustache is pathetic in comparison. (I'm fallout mario)

WOW, love your other cosplays man!

Thanks!

Holy fuck dude! I love the bullet bill mini nuke

Ah. Well thankfully only someone with a huge dick can pull off a cosplay like that. You more than make up for it.

No no, the huge dick got kicked out of PAX.

Can I ask what you do with all the cosplay costumes and props when they're not being used anymore?

Store them in bins or hang them up. I haven't retired any costumes yet.

Just wanted to give you props. You and your buddy did a fantastic job.

Thank You!

looks like they already got all the props they need, and then some. you're very generous for offering, though!

1 more reply

Hey, your costume is phenomenal! Perfect execution! Do you do electrical at all? Because we just bought a house in Cleveland.

3 more replies

It looks fake to me, but I've certainly met people with fabulous facial hair like that, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It has to be fake right? As someone who’s “mustache” consists of 15 disgustingly thin hairs, I refuse to believe it’s real.

If you've never been to San Antonio, then let me tell you that there is a good possibility that it is real lol.

5 more replies

Patrolling the Mushroom Kingdom almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter...

Degenerates like you belong on a Thwomp!

Awe, true to Bowser!

1 more reply

It's called, "Two Brothers"

That's it? It's just two brothers?!

What about Alien Invasion Tomato Monster Mexican Armada Brothers Who Are Just Regular Brothers Running In A Van From An Asteroid And All Sorts Of Things The Movie?

It's called Mario Twins.

I offer one ice cream cone. They both say yes. How in the hell?

They look the same! Wow.

They look so goddamn like the same person you ask one want ice cream cone both say yes.

What in the hell!

I want to play it!

2 more replies

They just need a deathclaw Yoshi now...

*Bowser

Bowser behemoth mutant?

Oh, that might be better. I just feel like bowser has more of an evil presence, like the deathclaws. Either way, this is a crossover I now need to happen

Deathclaws aren't evil! They're just misunderstood.

1 more reply

Whoa. I imagined it and I liked what I saw.

I just imagine the increased range and danger that Yoshi's tongue would present.

Yes. So much yes.

I like it. Are there more of this kind of crossdressing cosplayers ?

2.2k points · 5 months ago

crossdressing cosplayers

Not quite the right terminology.

If I know anything about Cosplay, it is precisely the right terminology.

Gotta love crossplay cosplay crossovers!

Unless those are two chicks—and I don't think they are—not quite. The more apt term would be cosplay crossover.

edit: also, I think I just wooshed on the joke in your comment (right?)...my bad :(

Haha, yeah, a little bit of whoosh there. It's okay, happens to everybody.

Hey, at least I caught it...that's gotta count for something haha

Always. Self-correction is the most valuable skill an adult can have.

except maybe self-powered flight. That would be kickass.

and laser eyes, everything is better with laser eyes

Laser eyes suck! You are pretty much guaranteed to melt some poor girl's bra to her chest before you figure out how to control it.

1 more reply

It makes some of the best crossplays.

Crossplayers

TIL YOU CAN MAKE SOME SHIT SOUND REALLY FUCKING WRONG USING THE WRONG TERM

CROSSDRESSING, CROSSOVER... FUCK IT

Name checks out

Oh shit. a new ALL CAPS novelty account? '

We doing 2011 over again?

9 more replies

Not the right terminology but the right fetish

15 more replies

You're thinking of crossover cosplayers

Crossplay?

6 more replies

Delet this.

Nephew

2 more replies

( ͡⚆ ͜ʖ ͡⚆)

Goddamn it Arin

I really wish that link stayed blue.

Original Poster56 points · 5 months ago

There was a Mario-Star wars crossover, but I lost them and couldn’t get a pic. I’ll try and see if I can find them!

2 more replies

crossdressing

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it does.

2 more replies

google will not be friendly to you. try crossover cosplay.

9 points · 5 months ago · edited 5 months ago

Crossplay

-Combining two or more cosplays into one crossplay

Edit - oh, I see this term already relates to something else. Nevermind then.

I saw Megamario and Megaluigi earlier today

9 more replies

That Mario is just such a big beefy daddy

Well I'd let them certainly go down my pipes!

Came here to comment on that thiccness, this Mario is just right for me 😍🐻

I'm being objectified by a bunch of guys on the internet... guess that means I'm officially a professional cosplayer!

Fuckin' right. Handsome man he is

Only he’s a really bad plumber because he will clog up your drain.

16 more replies

Those shoes though.

looks like someone missed the memo on the dress code.

They thought it was a waist-up kinda of event.

3 more replies

i spent about 5 minutes just looking at the details of the costume. Very well done

Original Poster101 points · 5 months ago

It was amazing to talk to them. Contrary to how they look, one of them was actually seeming somewhat timid and shy but that’s pretty expected considering I was a rando at a convention with thousands of people.

Were you dressed as Rando Calrissian or as Marlon Rando?

He cross-played as both!

crossdressed mtfy

2 more replies

1 more reply

Thanks for posting this picture! (I'm the mario).

1 more reply

Just trying to name them:

Fireflower type arm-mounted flamethrower

SuperStar Stimpak/Psycho? on Luigi's shoulder

Mario's got a bob-omb in his belt pocket

Someone else called out teh gameboy pipboys and the LCD gamepad on Luigi

Luigi's got a chain chomp hanging off his belt, wonder what that could do?

Mario's got the golden plunger, from that episode where he was crowned king (sword in the stone style)

9 more replies

The bullet bill in the fat man is a nice touch.

I like the lil chomper grenade on Luigi!

1 more reply

I made both costumes myself. Took about 6 months to make the base costumes and then I've added to them for the past 2 years.

I saw you guys today! I loved that you had music playing from your outfits, great touch!

just fixed the background: https://i.imgur.com/Z85hpSI.jpg

Surely OP meant Mario and Green Mario.

3 more replies

Doesn't Luigi look a lot like Wil Wheaton?

You mean Fidel Castro?

Possibly, though the likelyhood of Castro Cosplaying vs Wheaton. He does bare quite a resemblance.

2 more replies

Nice touch that Luigi has a Psycho syringe on his strap with a Power Star logo

1 more reply

Isn't this just the costumes from the Mario movie that we don't talk about?

4 more replies

Luigi’s shoes threw me off, everything else is dirty and used but then the converse are just clean and sticking out

Fallout Mario here, he actually forgot to bring his regular shoes for the costume so he had to go with what he had.

This is really great. If you do it again you've got to make a pipe pistol, that's all it's missing.

1 more reply

Agreed... this is awesome, but with so much effort put into it, the Cons were a wrong choice.

The attention to detail is insane, the Game “Pip” Boy is a nice touch

Proof that the Mario Universe could take on Fallout and probably win, IF Nintendo wanted it to be.

I'm not for platformers or adventures so the current Switch games have no appeal to me. But this, a Mario FPS apocalypse, made with the quality of BOTW, I'd buy a $400 console for that.

It really is a shame Nintendo shies away from more mature games so much, they could make some greats.

As much as i agree with you, Nintendo's goal is to make games that an audience of any age could enjoy, so i don't think that will ever happen unfortunately

If the idea were presented in a less depressing universe, it probably wouldn't be as impossible as it seems. I mean, with the Rabbids game having happened, they certainly haven't closed their doors on the idea of first party IPs being used for such things. Even the Zelda games always dance around the idea that mass populations are murdered, it's just never/rarely explicitly focused on with the story. Majora's Mask obviously being the easiest one to refer to.

6 more replies

I could see them really pulling off mature games with a lighthearted tone. I mean, take this post, a Mario Themed Fallout wasteland universe would be both fun and goofy yet dark and mature. I think as long as they shy away from sex, drugs, graphic depictions of death and morally conflicting themes it could work for a broad audience.

4 more replies

2 more replies

Where's their loyal companion, Yoshimeat?

Fallout 4 Switch confirmed?

I'm glad you enjoyed the cosplay! If you are there tomorrow I will be walking around as Solaire from Dark Souls. I'll have a bonfire with me so you should be able to tell me apart from any other Solaire. If you see me be sure to say hi!

Would his pip boy be Gameboy then? Or a Toad boy? Hmmmm

If you look closely, you'll notice that it actually does say GAMEBOY on it.

I need this in Super Mario Odyssey - Fallout Kingdom DLC

I love how his pip-boy is actually a game-boy.

Pipboy looks like gamepipboy

That would be the way to do it. Just strap an OG gameboy on the wrist.

Literally the only thing that I would have added would be knee pads. Their legs are just a bit too bare.

Anyone else think of the Mario Bros. movie?

1 more reply

I wanna crossdress like this

Shoes are too clean.

Luigi’s makeup to make it seem like his face was dirtied with glasses on is too perfect.

Did you get their Instagram or something, I need to support this

Original Poster3 points · 5 months ago

I’m going to try and find them again and get their info, will update if I find them.

Really bad timing.

I would play the hell outta this!

What kind of plumber would wear chucks... Canvas shoes in a profession where water (and worse) happens is not a good idea

My personal Instagram is Jeneirceric and we have a youtube channel called Strictly Nerd

665 more replies

A subreddit for (almost) anything related to games - video games, board games, card games, etc. (but not sports).

r/gaming Rules

Not directly gaming related.
Bandwagon or direct reply post.
Piracy.
Unmarked spoiler / Unmarked NSFW.
Giveaway / Trade / Contest / Item for sale.
Not original source.
Spam / Excessive self-promotion
Crowd funding "reminder" post.
Bigotry.