Archived

The only poster that matters

1.2k comments

Looking back, I realize how irresponsible I was as a child. I never wore the wristband and yet I somehow managed to not break anything. I’m pretty sure I used up all my life’s luck at that point, which would explain a lot

Don't be silly put a wristband on your willy

It's a nice feeling while you helicopter

Risky click

Worth it tho

Would click again.

Well? Did you cum or not?!

I came four times! Heres me secret!

2 more replies

the best part is the ref not wanting any part of it

I didn't notice until I read your comment.....now I'm laughing uncontroliblsuidsafodaflkandfafsadf

5 more replies

2 more replies

I have never seen this before

I liked it

Finally, a risky click of the day that paid off.

Jeez, I'm right here, guys.

7 more replies

I was expecting this.

rip ears

3 more replies

Glitch in a video game. You're good.

1 more reply

So they finally released that "Fist of the North Star" DLC?

26 more replies

YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND BABY RIGHT ROUND

MEATSPIN

http://meatspin.fr/ NSF-FUCKING-W

2 more replies

You’re implying we’re all well-endowed enough to helicopter when it’s on the flop.

Of course, this information is completely accurate. Nothing to see here, move along.

7 more replies

8 more replies

The only damage I ever did was with the Kinect for my Xbox 360. Whatever game we were playing took pictures of you whilst you were playing, and one of the pictures was me in mid air punching the glass light shade

That's how my ceiling fan got damaged. It was on at the time, so lulz all around.

I just fucked up my ceiling fan 2 or 3 months ago because of Kinect. The ceiling upstairs is 7.5 feet tall with a ceiling fan hanging down about a foot. I am 6’5” so I will hit my head on the lights if I’m not careful. I was playing Kinect adventures with my brother or sister and I moved to the left which was directly under the ceiling fan and jumped. I broke 2 of the 4 bulbs and I broke all 4 of those clear things surrounding the bulbs, I don’t know what those are called. Luckily our house was built in August so the ceiling fan was still easy to find in stores, we just bought new bulb things instead of a whole new fan.

3 more replies

Please say you still have the Xbox and this image.

Sadly not :( my brother has the Xbox, I don't think it saves the image to the Xbox itself, you have to load into the game to see it. I think it was Kinect Adventures or something like that

Well text your brother, we wanna see it!

I'd donate towards a used copy of the game of necessary to see it.

Ill paypal half we NEED to see it.

I'll collect funds and deliver to OP. No bamboozles.

We need this picture.

6 more replies

my brother used the wristband and gave our other brother a black eye. Luckily he wasn't the only kid at school who had a black eye because of a Wii (lady in the office said at least 4 kids not counting him have had an accident when it first came out)

looking back

as a child

Me: The Wii wasn't out that long ago was it? Googles

The Wii was released over 11 years ago. Fuck.

I mean, we're almost a year into Switch and before that was WiiU. What's crazy to think it's that the 360 and PS3 were released in 2005 and 2006 respectively.

13 years since 360...?

Oh god.

Shots fucking depressing

3 more replies

Ah fuck I'm old as shit.

7 more replies

21 points · 6 months ago · edited 6 months ago

I always wore a wrist strap. Not because it’s safe but because it felt comfortable

Edit: English is a language

That explains the bondage fetish.

3 more replies

Worked at an electronic store when it first game out - assistant manager got one on release day and his kids managed to break their plasma screen with it

4 more replies

1 more reply

I only wore the strap about 30% of the time, but it helps to not be waving it around like a maniac and exercising restraint.

Kids these days. The real danger is playing Mario Party with a 64 controller.

1 more reply

I never used it either, but I had the strange event of cracking the wii controller in my hand.

42 more replies

Use your wristbands fellas

1.6k points · 6 months agoGilded1 · edited 6 months ago

Dont yote the mote

Edit: thanks for the gold

Did... Did you just use yeet in the past tense?

WE HAVE A REBEL EVERYBODY

Somebody shoot him, or something!

Yeah sure.. oh wait i brought a flamethrower sorry but there’s nothing i can do

Did ya buy it from Ol' Musky?

3 more replies

No... this is renovation.

SPEECH 100

6 more replies

1 more reply

Then you can use it to hit someone multiple times like a nunchuck

But what is the Nunchuk for then?

Hitting your own private parts.

Great, thanks for giving Mii flashbacks you heartless monster.

Or fly like Thor!

2 more replies

Didn't help. I literally hit I believe a nephew with a wiimote, and it was still firmly in my hand. I essentially punched him with my wiimote.

I punched someone while typing once.

2 more replies

My younger cousin once bashed me over the head with his Wii remote because someone else was crushing him in Smash Brothers and blamed me for it.

2 more replies

When I was a kid I played Wii baseball with one of my friends, and he would get really into it. I kept pitching fast balls at like 90mph, and he swung so hard that the wrist strap broke and the Wii mote went flying and crashed into the corner of the room.

4 more replies

1.0k points · 6 months ago

reminds me when grandma was trying to make me go out back in the winter when I first got my SNES. she was pretty much brainwashed by the 'games make kids violent' bullshit of the era and after going back and forth long enough about it she pulled the main breaker, which just made several hours of game progress disappear.

when I was like 'nooooooooo' she was so smug about proving how the game made me agitated.

It makes you wonder exactly what they think the alternative to this era is. Oh, video games make kids violent! Never mind the millenniae of atrocities committed by the human race haha!

Everybody knows Hitler would've been a painter if only he hadn't started playing videogames.

Playing Splatoon was the reason why he wanted to become a painter

And his name? Albert Einstein

~ Michael Scott

god, if only his parents stopped him from playing all those fps games.

His genre would have been more RTS

Too bad he was terrible at it

1 more reply

Kinda funny considering most modern FPS games can trace their roots back (mostly) to Wolfenstein 3D lol

Na, that kinda of power tripping maniac can only be born out of hours of Sims gameplay.

1 more reply

You don't want none of Hitler in smash bros.

2 more replies

Not even looking at atrocities... Just the amount of wars alone in Europe pre 1945. That list is long AF.

99% of mass shooters have been formally educated. Down with the school systems!

5 more replies

"Hey grandma, I shredded that one painting you liked yuh cunt"

"You are mad? Wow, paintings make people violent too!"

Hitler liked painting. Was violent. Painting = violence.

Hitler drank water. Water makes people violent, folks!

You don't know he drank water. The truth is he was a non-living organism.

1 more reply

Cooking makes people violent! If you don't believe me, just go in the kitchen, throw her food in the garbage, and watch how agitated she gets.

To be fair though, I'm often swearing an my baked goods when they don't turn out right

8 more replies

Been working on that 1000 piece puzzle for 5 days grandma? It’d be a shame if someone were to... scramble it. Get it now grandma?

I once unplugged my friend's computer when he was finishing up a report. He got pissed.

Homework makes people violent.

1 more reply

Really grandma, because I heard that your generation, husbands beat wives and kids. I'm not beating people up, I'm beating imaginary people up, so who's more violent? Also grandma, your cookies taste like they have arsenic in them.... Grandma! You wouldn't have poi

My coworker had the best comeback to this argument.

“There was war before pong”

1 more reply

Of course you'd be agitated. Almost everyone would be agitated watching someone destroy hours of work right infront you.

8 more replies

824 points · 6 months ago · edited 6 months ago

Was listening to radio in the car after the attack they were talking about how violent music, movies and video games are part of the problem. I rolled my eyes so fucking hard I almost rolled my car... is this 1940's and big bad rock n roll corrupting our youth!?

"In my day we hated rap so much we wouldn't even let the people that made it in our schools or let them use our water fountains."

They should just shut up and dribble.

29 more replies

3 more replies

Violent music? Yeah deffo, m8, the way that dude shreds on that viola makes me want to feckin murder some fools

1 more reply

Obviously not, but there was still violence then, and most of it came from the succession of world wars that occurred. I believe that’s where the idyllic American society came from as a response to the violence of the world wars and then the subsequent revolt of Rock’n’roll and the sixties. I’m not a proponent of this viewpoint either, but I can understand the concern. Imagine if, as a society, we encouraged violence and it was considered normal in daily life. That is the implication of people that suggest video games are linked to violence. Obviously that is not the case, but that is the vantage point of the argument. When you allow things like violent video games to become acceptable to society as a whole then there is less stigma towards violent images. That’s all a video game is in this argument, an image, but if you allow them to exist in an increasingly violent society then there can surely be a reason to question their influence.

I very much think that the idyllic view of that period is because we basically spent two generations sending any able bodied person to war.

2 more replies

Violence then? it was World War II!

2 more replies

So the maintstream media points to the violence of video games as being the root cause, right after they show "exclusive footage of a massacre"

But we live in a decreasingly violent society.

Get your facts and learnin' outta these parts, he is making an argument based on emotions and none of that fancy truth stuff belongs hya

7 more replies

Video games, music and movies are popular throughout the developed world and beyond. And yet here in New Zealand we don't have an epidemic of mass shooting. Or in Australia, or the UK, or Canada or any other first world country you'd care to name.

42 more replies

The wii remote. Why couldn’t it just have been black r/mildlyinfuriating

The 360 came out in white too so it could've been white as well

And now the xbox one x is white. It’s like we’ve gone........360.

The X is black. You’re thinking of the S

No you're thinking of the Xbox one Xbox x one x

s

And knuckles

2: Electric Boogaloo

The x was a kiss. x

9 more replies

Not yet, we've gotta wait until next year for the XBox One X 360. which will complete the acronym.

I'm just looking forward to the Xbox One X One New Edition

7 more replies

4 more replies

31 points · 6 months ago · edited 6 months ago

In 2012, my brother was explaining the differences between the versions of the 360 to his fiancé. For those that don't remember, there was the standard white one, the upgraded black one, and a super basic, cheaper green one. She wasn't really getting it. He got a shit-eating grin on his face, and said, "Think of it this way - the black one is obviously the best, the white one is fine but super boring, and the green one won't get elected, no matter how hard it tries."

Edit: It was just the box that was green.

A green one? Where was I when that happened

4 more replies

6 more replies

Here is some relief: https://i.imgur.com/nXT3J.jpg

Soo much better <3

I had a black one

Pretty sure was talking about the one in this picture.

3 more replies

The wii-mote black was a glossy black much like the background, the others are in mat black so they don't blend in.

Diversity

1 more reply

Why not the red one that came with the NSMBW bundle? No... that won't do. The Wii Mini has one as well, but that comes with Mario Kart Wii. It would cause immense controversy between which design is superior.

14 more replies

Only of zombies, Nazis, Russians and orcs, and since when did they matter??

That’s racist man. Orc lives matter.

Isengard theme intensifies.

Can we please start that movement?

If you find someone who doesn’t think orc racism is a problem make the watch the Netflix documentary Bright

BRIGHT 2 BABYYYYYY

I actually liked the movie, it wasn't "real movie" quality but it was fine.

I thought it was “real movie” quality, just not “top notch”. I liked it and would like to see a sequel.

Makeup was all on point imo

1 more reply

It should have been a show.

1 more reply

Nah, Orcs Must Die!, man.

11 more replies

I'm a big fan of killing Nazi zombies.

7 points · 6 months ago · edited 6 months ago

The only good kind of Nazi is a dead Nazi. Twice-dead Nazis are even better.

EDIT: -Lt Aldo Raine, probably

4 more replies

Video games don't make me a killer but they do make me a gambler.

Psst....hey kid. Wana buy a loot crate?

Go away EA. Unless you're bringing back SSX

We will, but the best snowboards will only be in the premium $9.99 loot crates where you have a 5% chance of getting one.

5% Pfft back in my day you had a measly 0.23% chance. I'll take that 5% any day.... What have I become.

8 more replies

You're so brave posting this here

C O U R A G E

1 more reply

This... is the ONLY poster that matters? Surely the “Hang In there Cat” deserves some skin in the game.

1 more reply

No matter how many times I look at that poster going 1k meters down will always make me shit myself.

"popular opinion" sure buddy

Maybe not popular in gaming circles, or with anyone that has actually done research instead of just repeating a trope. But yes, it's (sadly) a popular opinion. Same as violence in movies and television causing violence in real life. Just because it's popular doesn't make it correct, and vice versa.

My argument has always been I grew up in the south where guns in households were common and even had multiple in my home as well as listening to 90's and early 2000's gangsta rap, playing violent video games and hunting / shooting guns myself. Yet, I've never had the slightest urge to go out and shoot someone regardless of those facts and the fact that I also am a gun owner and conceal carry myself daily but hope I never need to use it.

It's like people don't want to admit that some people are just fucked up and even if they grew up in a religious home, had all media monitored and controlled that most likely they'd still do what they did anyway. "He played violent games and listened to violent music, that had to trigger him to do it". Sure ok, he also got pickles on his burger during lunch when he specifically asked for no pickle people snap for the dumbest reasons. Mental illness is horrifying in the sense that even today so many people brush troubled individuals off as creepy , wanting attention , being lazy , over dramatic etc. Until we fix that anything else we do is just a temporary fix like putting a bandaid over a alligator bite.

16 more replies

My best response to recent comments about violent music, tv, movies, video games, etc is "well, what about all of the other young people in first world countries who live and grow up with the same or similar movies, tv, music, video games?"

Most of the time it's older people who make the comment like that. It's all over my small hometown's Facebook group. They just don't know how to respond to it.

I'm from a big city, and I'm seeing this bullshit everywhere. Usually from the same people who argue the semantics of what gun they were using and post memes about how gun control caused the Holocaust.

Do you use the same argument about rifles? The "what about all the other people who have access to an AR15 and don't use it to murder people."

I get what you're saying, but blaming it on violent video games is what I'm defending.

I know loads of "average people" and all of them think its the same nonsense media bullshit that always goes on. Theres like 100k concerned housemoms that believe this and thats it.

Remember Toonami after school in the early 2000's? It got canned because a group of mom's thought it was too violent. Now Adult Swim starts at 7pm here.

Yea there are some particularly shitty mom groups that fight all sorts of non battles against the film and television industry. I don't know why such a huge industry gives in to these people. They will either give in when the kid really wants to see the movie, or the kid will go behind the parents back and see it. There are very few situations in which moms can really make a difference at the box office.

I remember one of the groups making a big stink about the gay character in the new beauty and the beast movie. As if the movie wasn't about a woman falling in love with a beast... Loving a literal animal creature is okay, but loving another of the same sex is not?

Beast turned into an attractive white guy, problem solved. Remember when Deadpool came out? They had PSAs telling parents that it was not a normal super hero movie, don't bring kids, it's rated R for a reason. Opening night, 1/4 of the audience was probably 10 years old in the theater we went to. Some parents left after the pegging scene, other's had their kid's eyes covered for half the movie.

1 more reply

Comment deleted6 months ago(5 children)

Exactly. It's this sub and subs like it that seem to not think a wide enough picture. Like that whole thing around battlefront 2, EA isn't hurting from that. At all.

When doom came out people were ten times more vocal about violent video games. Guess what aftermath brought it into the medias crosshairs?

4 more replies

2 more replies

This poster was likely made more than 10 years ago (Wii & Playstation 3 were released in 2006). At that time video games were much less popular than what they are now, they still carried a stigma.

rebel

Is that a left handed mouse?

5 more replies

Bullshit, I slay bodies all day in Fallout 4. I'm a virtual murderer.

2k10 meme

I'll take "Outdated Political References" for $200, Alex

I have seen a small upsurge of this on social media and even on the radio the last week now.

My coworker keeps sharing posts about how it's a lack of discipline and that "it's the same generation who eats Tide Pods, who says there's a gun problem?"

People always want to blame anything but the actual problem.

Oh true, I forgot that mass murder didn't exist before Tide Pods.

3 more replies

This would be outdated if it wasn't the blame of the Florida shooting.

1 more reply

There were congressional reps repeating this talking point three days ago on the news.

2 more replies

Before cerebral implants these devices caused many hours of frustration for gamers.

4 more replies

Wait til y'all try the Vive. I don't know who came up with the idea of playing Wii blindfolded, but as fun as it is they should get 25 to life.

That games make someone a killer isn't a popular opinion.

My mum still believes it. She also believes videogames rot my brain away, and the reason my grades are dropping is because of games, not the bullshit AP classes she forced me into.

Comment deleted6 months ago(4 children)

Then she drops some stuff about people killing people for video games

Comment deleted6 months ago(0 children)

2 more replies

I don't want to go on a tangent, but unless your AP teachers are really shit those classes are (generally) easier than what you're going to take in college. Even if you were forced into them, it's better to buckle down now and get into the habit of working harder to maintain the same GPA.

AP classes aren't bullshit, they're pretty easy compared to what you're going to face in college. If you can't do well in those while also playing video games, maybe you should consider putting some more time into academics.

At the end of the day, video games are less important than your future.

Comparatively though, the work in college is harder, but I've got way more time to do it and less work overall. This coming from somebody that every AP class my school offered. College has been easier overall, just because it's mostly "study a lot and pass the test" not "here's another essay, it's due in two days" for every class.

6 more replies

4 more replies

This is from a really long time ago when it was still a popular opinion.

Eh. There is still a decent amount of believers out there. I remember hearing about it when it was revealed that the Dark Knight Rises shooter used to play World of Warcraft. The horror!

1990?

1997

7 more replies

5 more replies

Lol so cringe.

1 more reply

The Wii remote is the only one in question

2 more replies

I hit myself in the mouth at least 3 times playing Mario cart.

Hmm didn't mention the switch...

1 more reply

Just going to say that a certain other implement doesn’t make you a killer either

4 more replies

Popular opinion? Loll

2 more replies

I'm a bit out of the loop. Who exactly is saying that games cause people to be violent?

The piece of shit governor of Kentucky is trying to blame "violent media" for the shooting in Florida. Am KY resident

Does the “violent media” include news agencies covering all of those mass shootings that keep happening?

Ha. Yeah, right.

2 more replies

Right? How dumb can you get, blaming an inanimate object for crimes

I see what ya did there. Nice 👌🏼

6 more replies

3 more replies

Tbf. The number of people who use video games to feed their dark nature may be a similar percentage to the number of people with guns who buy them solely to murder people.

Both lines of argument are ridiculous

13 more replies

Beh. It’s all bullshit.

I once was playing that sword fight game on Wii sports resort on my old Wii and I wacked the TV screen. It left a huge mark

The military switched from circle targets to the e-type silhouette to increase troops willingness to kill. I find it hard to believe that video games, particularly when combined with opioids, don't have a desesnsitizing effect.

Idk about you guys but i have 5 years of playing fps games on my belt. I can tell you that I have as much experience as a veteran navy seal. I have experience in how to handle large crowds and I have a silver tongue from playing fallout. I know how to use the environment that I’m in to my advantage from playing minecraft battle royal. I know how to gamble from playing solitaire. I can take over countries if I wanted to (thank you civ). Be afraid of me government and your puppet media, I can snap in any second 🎮

562 more replies

A subreddit for (almost) anything related to games - video games, board games, card games, etc. (but not sports).

r/gaming Rules
Not directly gaming related.
Bandwagon or direct reply post.
Piracy.
Unmarked spoiler / Unmarked NSFW.
Giveaway / Trade / Contest / Item for sale.
Not original source.
Spam / Excessive self-promotion
Crowd funding "reminder" post.
Bigotry.