Favorite Quote

I know this was a thread a year ago, but let’s do it again. What is your favorite line or quote from Hamilton?

I have two that always make me laugh. “Yo who the eff is this?”

“You are the worst, Burr.”

Serious- “I am the one thing in life I can control. I am inimitable, I am an original.”

Funny- “I don’t know what you heard but whatever it is, Jefferson started it!”

“I don’t know what you heard but whatever it is, Jefferson started it!”

I bought a T-Shirt with that quote on it. :)

my favorite serious ones are "History has its eyes on you" and "If everyone who has loved me has died then im willing to wait for it..". My favorite funny ones are "Uh do whatever you want, im super dead!" and "soutHERN MOTHERFUCKING DEMOCRATIC REPUBLICANS"

A polymath, a pain in the ass, a massive pain8 points · 1 month ago

I live in metro Atlanta. At the HamilTunes events (karaoke with audience singalong) the line "SOUTHERN MOTHERFUCKING DEMOCRATIC REPUBLICANS!" is the loudest line of the whole night. Heh.

2 points · 1 month ago

What is this Hamiltunes? Literally sounds like the most fun thing in the world

A polymath, a pain in the ass, a massive pain2 points · 1 month ago

It's an event (that apparently is now affiliated somehow with the Hamilton production officially) that is a cross between karaoke and a singalong. In ours, we do the whole album. Different people sign up to sing different roles and then the audience joins in too (usually only on the ensemble parts, except for the very end where everyone sings My Shot together).

It's a lot of really enthusiastic (and/or obsessed) Hamilton fans and a whole lot of fun. Though it's completely different experience I would put it up on par with seeing a Hamilton production in person. If you go on YouTube you can search for Hamiltunes and see what some people have uploaded. Quality can vary but people were generally decent to good and always very enthusiastic.

Oh, and our group has an 'All Ages' event (which is a subset of the musical and kids singing), and an '18 and up' event which is adults.

Here is an example from LA, not where I am.

7 points · 1 month ago · edited 1 month ago

"I'm a trustfund, baby you can trust me" "Everything is legal in New Jersey"

7 points · 1 month ago

Serious: "You built me palaces out of paragraphs, you built cathedrals."

Funny: “here’s an itemized list of 30 years of disagreements” “sweet Jesus”

• Forgiveness. Can you imagine?

• What would you do if you had more time?

• Literally all of “who lives who dies”

A polymath, a pain in the ass, a massive pain6 points · 1 month ago

The whole beginning verse of Quiet Uptown, especially the last two lines if I had to narrow it down:

There are moments that the words don’t reach.
There is suffering too terrible to name.
You hold your child as tight as you can
And push away the unimaginable.
The moments when you’re in so deep
It feels easier to just swim down.
my life is going fine cuz Eliza's in it6 points · 1 month ago

"I wAs ChOsEn FoR tHe CoNsTuTiOnAl CoNvEnTiOn" I could not stop laughing over how he said that.

“I’m just saying if you really loved me you would share him “HA”

"Look around, look around at how lucky we are to be alive right now." I use it often to appreciate the good things in life, even the smallest of small.

Aaron Burr6 points · 1 month ago

I have so many

John Jay got sick after writing five

James Madison wrote 29

HAMILTON WROTE THE 51

Serious: "Fools who run their mouths will wind up dead," -Aaron Burr Funny: "Angelica, Eliza, AND PEGGY!" -Angelica, Eliza, and Peggy

I love the way Burr says "like I said" after that. So ominous.

From first burn “when will you learn that they are your legacy. We are your legacy!” and “Don’t. Take another step in my direction I can’t be trusted around you” AND the “I have seen women around you” part

"Come back to bed. That would be enough." Literally me to myslef when i wake up at 4:37 in the afternoon, even though I went to bed at the reasonable hour of 7:39 am.

3 points · 1 month ago

"Pick up a pen, start writing"...said to the most prolific writer of his time.

Funny- “I wish there was war,”

Serious I imagine death so much it feels more like a memory, when’s it gonna get me, in my sleep, seven feet ahead of me, if I see coming do I run or do I let it be, is it like a beat without a melody”

“You’re an orphan!” If it’s from the musical

But if it can be from a cut song it would be “BWUH BWUH BWUH BWUH” from one last ride.

“If you stand for nothing, Burr What will you fall for?” And “And when my time is up, have I done enough?”

"You punched the bursar?"

..... "yes"

kills me everytime

Prob “jon jay got sick after writing five James Madison wrote twenty nine HAMILTON WROTE THE OTHER FIFTY ONE!”

Or maybe “they won’t teach you this in your classes but look it up Hamilton was wearing his glasses” I just love how burr to says to look it up

Hardly even a line, but I think it Laurens in My Shot. Mulligan says "it's hard to have intercourse over four sets of corsets" and Laurens says "wow!". I laugh every time.

"Domestic life was never quite my style."

"Oh shit"and the way Lin says it in "The Story Of Tonight - Reprise"

I'm a general. WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE