• /r/headphones is a community for discussion around all topics related to headphones and personal audio.
If this is your first visit to our community, please familiarize yourself with the all content in this sidebar - as it will make your stay more pleasant. You are also encouraged to check the menu at the top of the screen, containing links for further learning, past discussions, and to a number of audio-friendly subreddits.
Before posting, please consider using the search function. A lot of questions have already been answered in the past, often comprehensively.
Enjoy your stay!
- Be most excellent towards your fellow redditors. And by "be most excellent" we mean no personal attacks, threats, bullying, trolling, baiting, flaming, hate speech, racism, sexism, or other behavior that makes humanity look like scum.
- Ask for purchase advice in the sticky purchase help thread. This includes purchase advice for all gear and peripherals.
- Post questions about tech support and general help in the sticky tech support/general help thread. Low effort questions also go here.
- Image posts must show functioning/connected gear, and be accompanied by impressions or a review that adds value to the post. The impressions or review do not need to be exhaustive, but they should strive to explain how you feel about the product(s) and why you feel that way. No pictures of unopened boxes!
- We do not allow: affiliate links, links to affiliate farms, pirated content, NSFW/NSFL content, market research, surveys, sweepstakes, giveaways, spam or self promotion.
- Selling or buying? Please use /r/AVExchange
- Post loudspeakers and loudspeaker-related content in /r/audiophile
Additionally, sitewide rules and reddiquette applies. We may further remove posts that are deemed off-topic, or better suited to other subreddits.
Read the rules in full here.
What we want to see
Post not appearing?
If you made a post to /r/headphones that is in accordance with our rules as listed above, and it doesn't seem to appear on the front page, please message the moderators.
Tools and Tutorials
Moderators may at their discretion remove content that fits better in one of the above subreddits.