Archived

False Prophets (Be Like This)- J. Cole (Official Video)

503 points · 1 year ago

Ok, who got her ig? http://imgur.com/eWaQH59

535 points · 1 year ago

amandajoli_ on IG

HOW SWAY

Apparently he does have the answers...

27 points · 1 year ago

/u/gayaka is an asspert

sounds like a pun Big Sean would make

311 points · 1 year ago

We are the greatest generation.

Our generation is the closest thing to Einstein.

Don't worry about us, we're fine

On some Black Mirror tip.

WATTBA

119 points · 1 year ago
119 points · 1 year ago

The liturgic groans of the damned are a tad distracting from her ass.

A fake ass on a stripper no way

Bullshit my nigga, that ass ain't fake. The real shit jiggles.

211 points · 1 year ago

Its very fake, I basically have phd in instathots. You can tell by the stringent division of the crack and the lack of wave in the cheek. Additionally its moving as one uniform unit much like a surgically designed piece of machinery, an ass made by god is much more free flowing and chaotic.

I am el autismo when it comes to fake butts.

the rain man of fake butts

same

Dr. JimmehFTW, is it possible tbe ass was built? Like is it possible the ass has muscle in it from actually working out and stuff? She looks like shes in great shape compared to these other fake assed hoes. Wouldnt a muscled ass move as one?

22 points · 1 year ago

That's a very valid question. However the beauty of muscle is in how it moves when it is relaxed aka how it behaves in an ass bouncing situation. For example completely relax your bicep and shake it around like a bingo champion, depressingly you will look exactly the same as your grandma just with much less cellulite. For a much more appealing example here's Sommer Ray demonstrating that even the most rock hard ass on the planet still bounces and behaves like standard booty when it's unflexed https://eroshare.com/kf30xybo .

Butts are phenomenally interesting.

36 points · 1 year ago

Fake asses jiggle too

HOW SWAY

1 more reply

Idk man looks pretty fake to me in this one

But its possible, could go either way im willing to give the benefit of the doubt. They are just really good at making fake asses these days.

2 more replies

4 points · 1 year ago

Lol. Ass jobs aren't like boob jobs. They usually take fat from the person and put it into their ass. It's not a coincidence that in the past few years we've all seen asses on IG that we've never seen without own eyes growing up. Butts are the new thing.

1 more reply

God damn, this right here. This is why I love yall seriously. I'm about to head to my fuck ass job and hate myself a little, but you just made this a great day. Thank you

106 points · 1 year ago

Instagram is the best way to promote some pussy

54 points · 1 year ago

SCARY

29 points · 1 year ago

... SCARY

4 points · 1 year ago

Please baby

MVP! MVP! MVP!

FROM 09 ALL THE WAY TO 16

This is nothing short of fuckin wizardry.

How the fuck can some of y'all do this kinda shit? I'm honestly amazed.

Bruh. That is a goldmine.

9 points · 1 year ago

Lord Have Mercy!

9 points · 1 year ago

Hit him with a flair plz

3 points · 1 year ago

My man!

Shes already famous lmao of course

I was close to pressing that follow button, but as a Pats fan I just can't bring myself to do it.

6 more replies

Tweet it to Ocho Cinco he does this all day

Hang on is this for real?

Follow him. He's by far and away my favorite twitter personality.

He kills me. Lighting up the cigar in the class he was guest lecturing yesterday made me laugh so hard.

This is the real question that needs answered!

Trevor Noah Type ish

I slept with this girl ama

31 points · 1 year ago

Introduce me lmao

10 points · 1 year ago

1500 an hour fam.

158 points · 1 year ago

What is this beat called? Isn't it the same as joey bada$$'S waves ?

He ain't wrong. Waves is flawless

I know it's been beaten into the ground at this point, but the guy was 17 at most when he wrote it

43 points · 1 year ago

Love seeing those kind of tweets, thanks for sharing Mr Police Car!

Lol Joey does have the best. And his performance of it on Fallon was so dope. It was witnessing this kid just kill it on live TV.

26 points · 1 year ago

91 points · 1 year ago

I was just listening to 1999 this week... god damn Joey dropped a fuckin classic at 17

24 points · 1 year ago

absolutely a classic, and b4da$$ was an improvement. his two new(ish) singles have my expectations pretty low for this new album, I really hope he delivers.

15 points · 1 year ago

b4dass was great no doubt but i really can not agree it was an improvement over 1999, not even close imo

also from what ive heard so far from his new stuff (sneak peaks from sc/ig/periscope etc) it sounds way diff from devastated / front n center, i wouldn't worry. they were released as singles for a reason

7 points · 1 year ago

Agree about 1999>>b4da$$

Cole and Joey both raised the bar pretty high with their incredible mixtape (mixtapes for Cole). I think Cole lived up to the expectations for his albums way better.

While Kendrick was pretty low key before his first album (and I'm talking about Section80), at least for me. Interesting to think about the role of expactations and the effect on the opinion of the project.

1 more reply

Hes gonna bring some crazy shit on this next album, yall gonna feel stupid for acting like devastated was the end

16 points · 1 year ago
11 points · 1 year ago

what should i listen to from Freddie Joachim, never listened to any of his full projects

He's got a couple beat tapes, I like the tape leaves

1 more reply

He did a tape called Study Guide with Question, really dope.

6 more replies

Cole clearly was not a fan of Pablo.

105 points · 1 year ago

Understandable for the lyric listeners. Still a decent album from Ye at it's worst.

8 more replies

5 more replies

Comment deleted1 year ago(18 children)
89 points · 1 year ago

It's not a critique, it seems more like advice from a close friend. Kendrick, Wale, Cole, Drake, and Cudi were the Rushmore faces of early internet blog rap a few years ago. Wale put Cole on Attention Deficit on Beautiful Bliss and let him open on his tours during mixtape Cole days.

It's kinda interesting how Wale just featured on a Smoke DZA and Pete Rock record considering the context. Wale seems to play the fence when it comes to doing it for the mainstream and doing it for hip hop. It seems like he flirts back and forth with each side on each consecutive release. He's still a talented rapper with great potential.

15 more replies

I love how open J.Cole is, filming this video on the bus he sleeps on.

241 points · 1 year ago · edited 1 year ago

Verse 1 MAY be about Ye. Probably but who know. BUT Yeah. Verse 2 is 100% about Wale. Had a talk with dude about it.

60 points · 1 year ago

How is there any debate that its about ye...

I only said that because I haven't had a personal conversation about that verse. But I know Wale so I know that the second verse is about him.

tell whale i said whaddup

1 more reply

I love Wale's stuff, but damn Cole kinda seems on point with his observations. I hope Wale can prove that J. Cole is wrong on SHiNE because every album since his first has show progression away from the generic record label stuff to more Wale type stuff

46 points · 1 year ago

My favorite Wale project is still More About Nothing (the mixtape) and that came out in 2010. God damn it's been 6 years.

The Friends and The Strangers has such a smooth beat, i love it

Yeah, what an amazing project that was. Still great!

3 more replies

2 more replies

You off its Drake his name is on the blue rack on the corner right of the video right B4 verse 2

82 points · 1 year ago · edited 1 year ago

lmao not directed at you, but basically how r/hiphopheads users reach these days

This is satire right?

2 more replies

16 points · 1 year ago

wow i think ur right about verse 2

Dude who? Cole or wale

1 more reply

Sounds like the second verse is about Cudi to me really..

4 more replies

792 points · 1 year ago · edited 1 year ago

Holy shit he actually went in about Kanye.. I don't even see it as a straight diss, Cole actually seems upset about Kanye's recent outbursts and his current state. You already know the Yeezy stans are not going to take this well. I just checked other posts about this and people are turning on Cole hard lmao calling J. Cole shit compared to Kanye, calling Cole pathetic for trying to recreate College Dropout (wtf?), saying his music is half-ass. I'm glad Cole didn't hold back actually his thoughts and rapped about it extensively and not just a couple lines. I'm just hoping this entire sub doesn't turn on Cole now, some people are way too over protective over Kanye. It's obvious he's not out right dissing him for no reason, he's literally mentioned he was his idol. Regardless, I'm excited as fuck for his new project.

Also, the color-grading on this video is dope af, and I love the use of the Joey Bada$$ instrumental.

And don't let the Kanye diss distract you from this ass. Good lord.

232 points · 1 year ago

I can't even call it a diss really, at least not in the Jay/Nas, Drake/Meek diss way. He's just stating his thoughts on one of his heroes and how people treat him when he clearly is struggling through something.

Well, fuck it, what's more important is he's cryin' out for help

While the world's eggin' him on, I'm beggin' him to stop

136 points · 1 year ago · edited 1 year ago

I agree, it seems like he is giving more of a honest commentary/criticism of Kanye and the situation. But people often take criticism of any kind as a full throated attack, I don't see this being an exception.

He does seem to call Kanye fake at the end there.

Kanye is a lot of things but fake really isn't one of them.

10 more replies

39 points · 1 year ago

The one thing that I wonder about with this being about Kanye, is that it seems to fit what Kanye is going through right now so well. But this latest stuff with Kanye really just started like two weeks ago. I have to imagine this song was written well before two weeks ago. To have the samples cleared, a video recorded, etc, this just has to be written well before Kanye's latest issues. Although I guess Kanye has been edging on catastrophe for the better part of 2016 as well.

Listening to that first verse and thinking about Jay-Z, or Lil Wayne, it still seems to fit. Maybe i'm just overthinking it.

These personal issues have been manifesting and bubbling long before it gets out to us in the media with these celebrities yo. We don't have real time coverage of celebrities' emotions... Just yet.

It even fits with Cudi. It fits to a lot of different artists and we can't really be sure who it's about without him telling us

3 more replies

6 points · 1 year ago

It's also possible someone like Cole has a viewpoint on him that people on the outside don't. So maybe he saw all this stuff happening before we did.

Idk I think the mess that was the Pablo release works for this.

6 more replies

Jay-z ? Lol, are you okay?

13 points · 1 year ago

yeah i'm good man. you?

2 more replies

sounds like it could be about cudi too tho

2 more replies

27 points · 1 year ago

Second verse about Wale

26 points · 1 year ago

As soon I heard the line about caring too much what critics think I knew. I swear that's the only thing holding Wale back from hitting his full potential.

2 more replies

293 points · 1 year ago · edited 1 year ago

It's going to be interesting to see his new album completely panned on this sub while also selling 200k+ first week. This sub's hatred of J. Cole is one of the most baffling aspects of it.

40 points · 1 year ago

cole is hated pretty heavily on twitter too, any artist with the type of fans cole attracts will get dissenters

That's because his fans are always going in on how Cole isn't like other rappers, you're not "woke" if you don't get it, if you don't like Cole you're what's wrong with this generation type of bullshit lol

So basically the same exact things Kanye fans say about Kanye.

j. cole slander is top 5 twitter trends

8 more replies

227 points · 1 year ago

I'm guessing it will outsell FHD first week sales actually, cole fans go hard man, fuck what this sub says or thinks.

Right on.

49 more replies

2014FHD solidified him as one of the biggest of this generation. He's gonna do killer numbers. Everyone I know loves J. Cole and bumps his shit all the time.

I agree whole-heartedly. J. Cole has only gotten bigger, more prominent, and more influential with every studio album.

21 points · 1 year ago

Honestly with Cole I don't even pay attention to his number... Ever since the mixtape days dude just rapped about shit that people my age can connect with... Yeah people always bring up Jay/Ye/Drake who are def still great rappers in their own right, but there is a disconnect with their music for me. They sound good, I understand what they are talking about, but often I cannot relate to it...

Cole just been the realest to me, shit he raps about I go through myself... Real nigga shit right here

12 points · 1 year ago

Jay Z ain't real enough to go into detail about his first nut.

2 more replies

Hell i dont even think the sub hates him like you would think. All his shit get the most upvotes like Dot or Drake. Could just be like me, not really giving a fuck or arguing with people who actually put it out there that they dont mess with Cole.

Same I'll never understand the hatred. Just watching the documentary only reinforces the respect I have for the dude he puts so much into his craft and I honestly can't think of anyone who is on his level. Since I have Apple Music I just stream everything but I'm definitely going to buy this album.

24 points · 1 year ago

I don't get your point. Can things not sell well and also be panned by critics/hip hop fans?

They can, but this sub is not an indication for that.

That makes zero sense, how would a hip hop forum not be an indication for that?

This subreddit is an anti-Cole echo chamber

22 more replies

This sub specifically could hate the albun even if it sells amazingly AND gets critical acclaim. That's something unique to Cole on here.

1 more reply

Internet makes hating cool. Some of the same folks don't really care about Cole, they just wanna join in on the fun. Album is gonna do numbers for sure.

TBH I think it'll do more then that the first week but point stands

Oh shit, I totally forgot that FHD did 371k first week. Yeah, this is going to crack 200k easily.

371 jfc

Yeah bro. Those are stupid numbers

6 more replies

33 more replies

62 points · 1 year ago

Cole actually has taken serious influence from Kanyes first two projects for his whole career basically from the samples the style of sampling the content and the addressing social issues

19 more replies

23 points · 1 year ago

Definetly agree with you. If it were a diss he would be breaking Kanye down and paying him out. He's literally being honest and saying what no one would dare to say about such an iconic figure in hip hop. He's concerned for him because of how he's acting. I think this is some risky but very, very real shit and I respect Cole for it.

This entire sub turned on Cole years ago

Who knows why

People seriously out here telling me Cole isn't a top 50(!) rapper

19 points · 1 year ago

Top 50 all time?

that conversation was about top 50 current.

I would put Cole in my top 50 all time for sure, but that's infinitely more debatable than top 50 right now

43 points · 1 year ago

Wtf he's top 10 current not 50.

I agree with you but a ton of people on this sub think he's actually terrible so we have to make concessions w/ them

Ehhh I could argue Top 10 right now honestly

Saying he's not Top 50 right now is ridiculous though

8 more replies

top 50 current I'll give him that. but not 50 all time

I'm sorry for singling you out and nit picking, but like even "I'll give him top 50 current" blows my mind. I mean the way you phrased it. Hear me out

Any way you slice it Cole is huge in hip hop right now. If the top 50 is entirely personal preference I can maybe see how some people wouldn't have Cole in theirs, but he's so prolific and objectively talented compared to a lot of guys.

I just can't think of even 30 rappers out right now who I could possibly consider "better" than J Cole. Full disclosure I would put him in my top 10 current, if nothing else because his bars are so technically proficient and his lyrics get a lot of ideas across.

People on this sub give him constant shit for corny lyrics, being emotional, selling out, being boring, etc. but I literally can't fathom how a diverse hip hop fan could listen to, say, FHD and consider it anything less than extremely impressive.

Like some of the same people who trash Cole love Game, and I think their styles are really similar (although Cole is definitely the more accessible of the two for mainstream listeners)

This is all my opinion and I already wish I didn't write this comment but it's long af so I'm gonna post it anyway. Hopefully I don't come off as an asshole

he's in my top 20 it's just the other guy used top 50 so I went by that too.

word makes sense

sorry for using your comment as a soap box

13 points · 1 year ago

I like how civil this conversation was ha

it's all good you made good points

8 points · 1 year ago

He's in my top 20 all time. I struggle to barely even find 20 rappers that are better including rappers I'm not a fan of but still respect their music like Jay Z

8 more replies

6 more replies

I say he's 5... Music is subjective

2 more replies

I don't have a problem with Cole personally with what he's saying but I completely disagree with it and I don't think Cole holds the weight to be dissing Kanye of all people. In my opinion, Kanye has consistently released hits and stayed on top from 2004-2012. That's NINE years on top. Once he released Yeezus that's when I started to feel he's starting to drop off, but still, 9 years is legendary. Cole is criticizing Kanye for TLOP, which, I agree wasn't great, but dissing Kanye for his work on the tail end of his career is like dissing Kobe for the past 3 years. In the end, Kanye solidified his place as one of the GOATs in hip hop despite his last two projects. Meanwhile, while I ENJOY Coles music, I don't think he has yet to top Friday Night Lights, which was the project that essentially launched his career 6 years ago.

And the Wale diss also rubbed off on me poorly because I think they've made amazing music together. Winter Schemes is one of my top 3 Cole songs, with a big thanks to Wale, and now he kinda diminishes it.

I'm still gonna listen to 4YEO I'm sure it will be solid, I'm not gonna turn on him, I just find his lyrics hypocritical.

14 points · 1 year ago

Yeah honestly, all I got from this song was that J Cole feels that Kanye has some sort of commitment to making the music that Cole wants him to. Weird sense of entitlement. I would have preferred an actual diss track instead taking some sort of weird high ground like he is here.

3 points · 1 year ago

Kanye for his work on the tail end of his career

why did you feel the need to make me cry

3 points · 1 year ago

On again! Hey man

49 more replies

19 points · 1 year ago

How is there no comments about the video itself, budget be low af but it works nicely

ahh OP why didn't you label this fresh?

If you labeled this fresh it would be at the top already lol. It's a great track though, j. Cole does his thing and it's refreshing to hear him spit like this in my opinion, it seems far more smooth and genuine than FHD. Love it.

I know one of the biggest critiques for Jermaine is that he's corny and shit but this new stuff has been pure bars

23 points · 1 year ago

Everyone's talking about the use of the Waves beat but anyone catch the similarity in the chorus to Earthgang's Momma Told Me? I am excited for the album, but I hope this track is not on it, seeing that it is pretty unoriginal.

14 points · 1 year ago

EarthGang stan here, definitely see it.

3 more replies

87 points · 1 year ago · edited 1 year ago

Tried putting this friend of mine onto Kanye West recently. She said she only thinks of him as an arrogant, self-absorbed, entitled POS that makes subpar music.

I agree that he's arrogant, self-absorbed, entitled and -- possibly -- a POS but I can't deny how his music touched me when I was younger. I'm going to sound so OLD saying this but I know there's a lot of you that can agree. Kanye's older albums touched my life in the past, present and will undoubtedly continue to do so in the future. I remember being a confused teenager in high school listening to his material and digging the new feeling I was getting. Yet I didn't truly understand some of the deeper, finer points of his message until I was in college. I never really EXPERIENCED what he was talking about until I was out in the job market trying to find myself and employment.

This guy...I can only speculate where things went awry. But little by little all of his antics chip away at this monolithic statue I build of him in my mind. He'd drop some whack shit and I'd be like "Nah, it's Kanye so there has to be some deeper meaning", he'd go on some ill-formed rant and I'd be like "man, nobody wants to try to understand Kanye" and I keep making excuses for him. Even after typing this I'll continue to do the same -- the man's albums mean that much to me.

But now more than ever I understand that he's just a man. Perhaps the words he spoke on those tracks years ago were just words. Perhaps I invested too much into him and tried to deify a man that's just as insecure, confused and unaware as the rest of us.

His whole shtick from the beginning was that he is self conscious and insecure. Literally "All Falls Down" off his first album paints the picture clearly.

1 more reply

Honestly hate having people who say that Kanye isn't a musical genius.

He has literally changed the game.

3 times

First when Graduation put up for more numbers than 50s album which many say ended the era of gangsta rap

808s and its influence on artists to this day

MBDTF showing how grandiose and intricate a hip hop album can be

3 more replies

I dont get what the difference is? His message is still the same? It just has to mature with his environment..

What he's saying I think is the message may still be the same but the level of which we allow the message to impact us is all up to us. Is it just another rapper talking or is it YEEZUS a rap God who can do no wrong?/u/radiocide you said that well, I feel the exact same way (If I'm interpreting this the same way you meant it.) Definitely makes you rethink how much you idolize a man and his words.

I think it makes his message even more potent. Look it's just some dude who feels everything you feel, out there, yelling at people to get better, and believe in themselves and who has created a huge catalog of art.

It's even more inspiring that he's not a 'god' in that sense...

same people who are saying stuff like that will praise him when he's dead

2 more replies

18 points · 1 year ago

Can we talk about the video for a sec? This was beautiful to look at. With these enhanced colors and stuff

Damn that was great!

16 points · 1 year ago

nothing gets r/hhh booty tickled like some Cole bars

26 points · 1 year ago

He used Joey Badass's "Waves" instrumental! I love that song and this was a really heartfelt moment, kinda like what he did with Let Nas Down, except this time someone let him down.

4 more replies

6 points · 1 year ago

First of all I think Cole has done absolute justice to this beat, I loved Joey's take and I love this just as much (super hyped for 4YEO now). Sweet vid too.

Say what you will about Pablo, but I Love Kanye is an excellent response to anyone who disses new kanye.

1 more reply

Comment deleted1 year ago(2 children)
28 points · 1 year ago

truly the realist rapper in the game

1 more reply

This shit is just too simple and I guess heavy handed for me. Having a clear message in your music is good but I feel like in a lot of J. Cole's music he's beating me over the head with a really simple concept.

It's almost like he's writing a term paper with his songs. "Here's my argument, and here's the 3 major pieces of evidence I have to back it up." Maybe that's why people think he's boring.

At the same time, it's a great writing tool, usually.

I think Cole suffers from a strange combination of sounding commercial and being somewhat intellectual. I think it's hard for a lot of people to reconcile.

4 more replies

Words to Kayne more than a diss

21 points · 1 year ago

On the same day as "Awaken, My Love!"

We are well and truly blessed.

Beat is waves by Joey Badass

Buts it's a diss track on Kanye

I DONT KNOW IF THIS IS CONFIRMED WAVVVVYYY OR NOT!

1 more reply

This song is titled "False Prophets" and he specifically mentions idolizing ye haha.

14 points · 1 year ago

if you actually listened to this track he specifically actually really talks about it in the song.

141 points · 1 year ago

He can still be one of the GOATs and still be misguided and do dumb shit.

4 more replies

what's your point in posting this?

42 points · 1 year ago · edited 1 year ago

That doesn't contradict anything in his verse.

Cole says Kanye was his hero, and TLOP and Yeezus were half assed. Yeezus was finished the day it went out (after cramming for a week with Rubin) and TLOP got like 4 post release patches. They're still good albums to most people, but they aren't Kanye at his best.

71 points · 1 year ago

I don't feel like Yeezus was half assed at all (or TLOP really). Kanye just tinkers with shit until the last second. Yeezus is probably my favorite Ye album, and I'm sure that there are other people here who agree.

47 points · 1 year ago

Yea, Yeezus has an argument for being one of his best projects. It's definitely not half assed

8 points · 1 year ago

in what ways were Yeezus better than College Dropout, Late Reg, MBDTF and/or Graduation? not trying to go at you, just wondering your opinion.

9 points · 1 year ago · edited 1 year ago

I don't know that it is "better" than any of those albums (or 808s even), but what I do find is that I go back to Yeezus more than his other albums. I like the more industrial and "heavier" production and I like the minimalist/stripped down lyrics. I just like the way it flows and feels and it has more of an all encompassing atmosphere than the other albums if that makes sense.

Honestly when Yeezus first came out I thought it was just kind of "alright", but it's grown on me more and more over time. I love everything Ye has done so picking a favorite album is sort of like picking a favorite kid, but everyone still has a favorite kid.

4 more replies

3 points · 1 year ago

I'm a Ye fan and MBDTF is deff his best work but I love Yeezus. That album is a goddamn rock/metal album but it's hiphop and I love it.

18 points · 1 year ago

tinkers

"After West played him a rough cut of the album that Rubin thought was due out next year, the producer spent two hectic weeks helping West shape the album to meet a deadline that was a mere five weeks away. "We ended up working probably 15 days, 16 days, long hours, no days off, 15 hours a day. I was panicked the whole time," Rubin said."

"Just two days before the album was supposed to be turned in, five songs still needed vocals. "Don't worry, I will score 40 points for you in the fourth quarter," Kanye allegedly told Rubin."

23 points · 1 year ago

You're really just arguing semantics. That quote doesn't say "half-assed" to me and neither does the finished product.

5 more replies

13 more replies

Lol we'll see where J Cole is at artistically at 6-7 albums.

24 points · 1 year ago

Making the same songs he has been making for 3 years already...no evolution at all...

I don't really think every artist has to completely change his music to be successful. I never want Cole to change. As long as he keeps pumping out these types of tunes, i'll be more than happy. I don't understand the hate he gets here, I really don't. But I'm biased, he's probably my fav rapper.

1 more reply

Man he's saying that while rapping over an untouched beat that a 17 y/o killed twice as hard as him.

And no hate on recycling beats. This is still a dope song. But it sure as hell doesn't give him any high ground to start calling ppl out for half assing shit.

5 more replies

18 more replies

3 points · 1 year ago

Maaan, i think this shit for wayne doe

This song is awesome, that old-school feel done right, im more hyped for his album than ever

JOEY BAD!

23 points · 1 year ago

I know he had this cooked up before Ye went to the hospital, but it's just horrible timing to come out and criticize a dude for having "cries for help" when he actually had to go and get help. Like criticizing Ye for music right now seems so trivial in comparison to the shit he's actually going through. I know it will vibe with some of the less sympathetic and people who really don't fuck with Ye but it's a complete miss from me on timing alone. I don't care about some rap shit when you're talking about the mental well being of a father of 2.

This song isn't a diss as much as the disappointment of watching your idol spiral out of control. The "Well, fuck it, what's more important is he's cryin' out for help" line isn't a shot at all. If anything, it's the most redeeming part of the song.

43 points · 1 year ago

Interesting that you think this. How is it not a diss to reference Kanye and his mental health symptoms publicly on a track called False Prophets, as if Kanye has some control over whether or not he suffers from a psychiatric emergency that required hospitalization? When J. Cole says, "So he grows out of control / Into the person that he truly was all along, it's startin' to show" he's showing a complete lack of awareness about how debilitating mental health issues can be.

Also, the clear references to Kanye's inflated sense of ego and insulting his "half-assed" music demonstrate this as well when you consider that these were all textbook red flags for symptoms of mania.

I'm a fan of J. Cole but I agree with the poster above, releasing this at this time shows a lack of tact. No one would write a diss track expressing "disappointment" about someone suffering from a physical ailment, so I'm not going to give J. Cole a pass here for insulting someone who needed to be hospitalized for a psychiatric emergency.

15 points · 1 year ago

thanks for articulating why this track seems so scummy. you summed my feelings up real well

6 more replies

8 more replies

13 points · 1 year ago

The disses just seem like a way to build hype for his album

They aren't disses though. They're observations of what's really happening.

He's definitely hating on "the new" kanye pretty hard.

7 more replies

Comments like this are why people make fun of J Cole fans for being "superior intellects" who can really see whats going on in the game, the inarguable truth. Come on man, just because j cole said it doesn't mean its not an opinion.

The hip hop community when J. Cole disses Kanye while he's hospitalized for a mental illness: "Cole is so real! Fuck these fake rappers! COLE WORLD!"

The hip hop community when Drake disses Kid Cudi while he's in rehab for a mental illness: "UNCALLED FOR! DRAKE IS LITERALLY HITLER!"

6 points · 1 year ago

Actually, I think Coles a punk for this..kind of disappointed, bad promo imo..anyone who tells u it aint a diss is lying to themselves

222 more replies

HipHopHeads

Here now

Everything hiphop! The latest mixtapes, videos, news, and anything else hip hop related from your favorite artists.

Sidebar

Everything hip-hop!

Read the Rules/Guidelines before you post!

Don't post songs from the Overposted/Favorites List!

Day Event

Image Post
Wrong title format
Racism/General Bigotry/Trolling
Lyric/Pun Chains
Formulaic/Overused comments/Meme posts
Irrelevant Content
Download links to retail projects/singles.
Related Subs