Archived

BROCKHAMPTON - Billy Star

Well I certainly wasn't expecting the second drop to be a 23 minute short film

and I certainly wasn't expecting a second drop

Kevin said on twitter that another drop was coming

Like his word is worth anything lol

No singles

No singles, my ass

27 points · 9 months ago · edited 9 months ago

Nah he never directly lies about stuff dropping when he says

Is all the music fresh? That first song was heat

All the songs are in the credits at the end

Someone said the first song is bleach from sat 3

Hope they release it, sounded great

Its on the tracklist sat 3

Man, sure would be cool if they released it though.

it is listed as one of the songs for the upcoming album Saturation III

Would be dope if they released it man

It's on Saturation 3

aw i really hope it gets released then

It will be! On Sat III

That's cool, I hope they release it

It's coming out on Saturation 3!

no, heat is on sat 1

421 points · 9 months ago · edited 9 months ago

The first song is BLEACH and the second song is SISTER/NATION both from Saturation III. Shazam recognized them

222 points · 9 months ago · edited 9 months ago

It also says it in the credits.

QUIVER

EVANIE

BLEACH

NATION

How Little We Know (I assume this is the guitar driven + effects heavy kinda gazey track that won't be on anything)

Fuck that last song isn't on the album whyyyyy it's so fucking good

Yeah it's on Saturation IV

Sat IV is just their Slowdive collab record

4 points · 9 months ago · edited 9 months ago

QUIVER is like Slowdive's Dagger + MBV's Sometimes combined <333

pls no more they cant keep getting away with this

Someone really needs to stop them boys

There’s no Saturation IV, just a Saturation III yet to be revealed second disc.

Saturation III Collectors Edition

1 more reply

I wonder if that last song will be on the demo tape. I swear I heard that song before on their viceland show.

1 more reply

Nope that last one heavy gazey track is quiver

EVANIE better be a full song, I need sum new shit to cry to

Bearface’s album, but he’s so lowkey most people don’t know he’s the guy who sang WASTE and SUMMER(goat song)

Is he that lowkey? He's the member I hear about most aside from Kevin.

You're tripping. Ameer, Matt Champion, Merlyn... they are all higher tier on the BROCKHAMPTON fame boards.

whenever hotline bling came out, bearface had a pretty popular remix. before all american trash even came out.

yeah bearface had a quite a bit of clout before he joined brockhampton. outside of kevin he probably has the most established solo career of the group

What album? He has Beattape and some loosies... What am I missing?

An upcoming album I'm assuming. I thought I heard that he has one in the works

Summer is my favourite Brockhampton song, so fucking good. The solo is insane

Quiver is bearface, and amazing. He wrote it with Roberto's guitar.

1 more reply

How Little We Know is the elevator music type shit over the title sequence https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWPgfT3XDGY

NATION?

KUNG FU KENNY DID IT!

21 points · 9 months ago · edited 9 months ago

Second song is Nation and isn't on Sat 3. Only song from sat 3 on this is the first once called bleach

Thank fuck you were wrong!

Great catch

Thank the lord, I was worried I wouldn't be able to get a CDQ of that first track, gave me mad Frank Ocean vibes

I fuckin LOVE water

You already know

or u might die

Thanks Nick

No problem. How’s that oz coming?

Thanks, probably going to hold off on this until the album drops.

One of the middle songs is a remix of Kevin Abstracts - Echo

YES! So happy the first song is on the album its so clean.

when helmet boy said " " i really felt that

Someone get the Noisy Kanye guy on the phone so he can explain the ending wtf

Kevin's Helmet Boy died in the explosion signifying Kevin's move from the teenage angst displayed in American Boyfriend.

From watching his recent interviews, it seems like he's more angst-y than ever.

He's angst personified

He went from teenage angst to celebrity angst

Pretty sure the girl and her friends killed Helmet Boy

1 more reply

Comment deleted9 months ago(2 children)

Damn this looks trippy. I'll take a look at it later, but I dont really expect to have any kind of solid analysis.

the fact that everyone @'s you when something new/complex comes out kinda speaks to your talent

He is metaphorically blowing up his summer relationship. He knows it's over but felt he needed a tangible end. He can now take his helmet off.

My take is that the whole 3rd chapter where they were in love actaully happened in helmet boys head, as like a day dream, while he was sititng in the back of the truck playing with the lighter. At the end you can see a third person walking behind the girl and her friend pouring gasoline, and I believe that 3rd person is summer, rejecting helmet boy and killing him in the fire. Idk tho just my take

This was so cute, the foreshadowing on the ending shot really hit me and the second wave emo track in the third part really emphasized the feeling of adolescent love.

this video screams donald glover to be quite honest, confident we'll hear more comparisons of kevin to him in the near future

I've been saying that for a while now. I don't think Kevin is at Donald levels of course but the inspiration is clearly there in his rapping & his stuff like this.

Has he said anything about Brockhampton yet? If Donalds a dumbass too that'd be sick

a dumbass?

It's what Brockhampton fans call themselves cuz Kevin loves to call everyone (including himself) dumbasses

I didn't think it was possible for Brockhampton fans to be any more lame, but here we are.

bro they call themselves dumbasses LMAO im dead

I love their music but their fans are on some Rock and Morty levels of lame

And so begins the hate for something once it no longer belongs to reddit.

lol nothing ever belongs to reddit, people here just think it does

1 more reply

The only thing I hate more about Rick and Morty fans is people that complain about rick and morty fans

To be fair....

Couldn't tell ya if this is better or worse than Bootygoons

But when I do it there’s an issue

they're a boyband, they gotta have a name for their stans

god it's awful. theyre gonna be hyping up kevin's mediocre filmmaking too now.

12 more replies

he met Kevin and he said he liked Empty. that was a long time ago though. he’s prolly heard of BH at least

what the fuck. is that real

Wtf imagine Brockhampton cameo in Atlanta s2 similar to migos?

26 points · 9 months ago · edited 9 months ago

the heck you doing man im already horny from this vid as i watch it and then you come with comments like these????

post-pt2 edit: pause

Huh? Wym I spoiled the cameo for you? Show is like a year old and this a hip hop forum that's fair ground dude

Luke is anakins daughter. Sorry

Vader is the father sorry

He was on Maury devastated

haha nah i was joking - this video is so good, a mere thought of Abstract and Glover combining forces makes me ecstatic! unlikely to happen but a man can dream;

Atlanta is my favorite show in years, by the way!

yeah, no thanks.

1 more reply

The first time I ever heard Kevin was degas park and I instantly thought he sounded like childish. Not as much since then but it's interesting that they have similar crossover tendencies

We need more Bearface, this dude is ridiculously talented.

The only member I need a solo project from is bearface. The guy is incredible

I'll give my left nut for a full length Joba record, and both balls if it features 3Stacks and Kung-fu Kenny.

think your balls are safe man

163 points · 9 months ago · edited 9 months ago

Damn new music in this too

These visuals are gorgeous

This is so different from their other videos

Jesus that bearface song and then slow burn in the credits

I don't think this is saturation related. They said the saturation film was feature length, the visuals are noticeably different, the music is far more AMBF than saturation and the storyline is far more similar to American Boyfriend than anything the Saturation era has been leading to

Original Poster84 points · 9 months ago

Matt's verse in this first track is realllllllly nice.

Hook is gorgeous too

You're gorgeous

That song makes the hype for sat 3 unbearable now it was TOO GOOD.

Shazam says the first song is BLEACH off SATIII

aka gay runaway

Runagay

that last bearface ballad song sounds like it has some my bloody valentine influence

Sounds like Sometimes

Yep! I immediately said that to myself when the distortion kicked in

The music in this sounds great and I'm so glad they ended up doing a short film, Kevin is a really talented director

If the songs on SAT III are anywhere near BLEACH, it's probably going to be the best in the trilogy.

1 more reply

This is expanding on the Empty music video right ?

This is part of Kevin's own thing. Story related to Helmet Boy. Interesting nonetheless

So do we still a full Brockhampton movie As well or nah?

Yeah, clips of it was in the Boogie Music Video

Damn didn't expect this at all that first song is amazing

bro bleach is so fuckin good, sat3 finna be all heat

I know no-one will read this, but this video really touched me. HELMET boy being a misunderstood, outcast of sorts, quiet, keeping to himself, while everything revolves around him. Really trying to find where he exists. While his friends almost act as if he isn't there, worried about things like prom. I don't know if it's because I am a highschooler outcast like Helmet Boy (albeit straight) except without any real friends, and things like prom do worry me, I don't know I just really like this. Amazing music as always, Kevin is a talented director.

Hey, don't worry too much. No matter how awkward of a phase you might be going through you'll grow out of it.
On a side note I'm like 89% convinced Helmet Boy is an allegory.

For sure! I think the ending is a Romeo and Juliet based ending.

1 more reply

Chapter 3 had me tearin up. Seeing them in love, just chillin. Now i'm thinking bout my ex. I want more Boogie... not sad music

Kanye flow with Merlyn on BLEACH? Can't recall the song for reference.

I hear it a little too, Kanye pitches his voice like that sometimes.

Can you specify the song? I can't recall it.

Is Facts the song you're thinking of?

Deuces Remix or something from WTT

It’s kinda tHat part-ish with the high pitched parts thrown in at the end of the lines

But Kanye does stuff like that pretty often so dunno what song you’re looking for lol

51 points · 9 months ago · edited 9 months ago

lmao at when they were talking about promposals “so i gotta break my arm to get a prom date?”

That’s next level extra

The bearface stuff once again is the best thing coming out of Brockhampton. Really hope we hear a lot of him on the album

Honestly I think there is something about Brockhampton as a collective that can impact any form of media or art that they choose to pursue. Like, the dynamic of the group incites so much raw, sincere creativity. I love the music but if they choose to go into movies and short films then all the power to them. Honestly, I'm more excited for what's to follow the Saturation trilogy, than the actual album itself.

this is really dope. the entire group is actually mindblowingly talented and i hope all of this helps them blow up a lot more, i feel like the average music listener could really use a group like brockhampton in their rotation. it's been so sick to see them grow as musicians and as people in general, i've been following them since all american trash/kevin's earlier work and i couldn't be happier for everyone involved

that first song sounds amazing

That first verse by matt is so fucking smooth and the hook as well

The ending kinda confused me, someone wanna take a shot at explaining it to my dumb ass?

I think, imo, IMO, that they were gay together and tge way that that reflecfs into society, that it is looked down upon. So i believe they wanted to perserve their love in that moment, not having it be ruined by hatred or something else. Therefore, they killed themselves on the calm sand of the beach... but idk tbh

you could maybe say that er, it was the heat of the summer, and they were so different from the rest.

i want you to get out yet stay at the same time

What kind of stuff does BH make? Videos, movies, music, what? Yes.

BLEACH with the most haunting hook since Injury Reserve's North Pole

why is this actually cool...?

Cause brockhampton are cool and make dope shit

i love BH, but i wasn't expecting a short film i'd want to revisit.

brockhampton talented asf

Quiver is so fucking good. Bearface is probably my favorite member of Brockhampton.

I love this so much

these songs are all incredible, i'm so happy watching this

BLEACH and NATION are both on this btw

Every1 keeps saying the first song is amazing but did you guys not hear that track during the credits?? It fucking bumps I cant wait for the release

Not 100% sure but I think that’s SLOWBURN, which won’t be on 3. It’ll probably be on the demo CD in the box set so it’ll get uploaded around here

teasing american boyfriend 2? or some other helmet boy adventure/album thing? would be cool

Go Hoosiers!

Saw that and was like damn we out here

Man this video was sad as hell. Kevin/Helmet Boy just drifting through his life, only making a genuine connection to one person he can't be with

i fucked with every song in this video, this is definitely the direction I hoped they were aiming for.

they really just did that wow

BLEACH has one of the infectious choruses of the year imo

Eh. I enjoyed the music but this was pretty hard to sit through. I think I've just seen too many artsy short films for this one to feel like anything but a collection of tropes.

Can someone explain to me what this short flim is suppose to be ?

Anyone notice the website in the description of the video? Leads to an image with the words Billy Star. I'll be curious to see what they do with that.

this album is going to be incredible, I'm too fucking stoked.

That first track coupled with those visuals just put me in the greatest mood.

These dudes live in Van Nuys?

South central

Oh alright just saw their new video and recognized some spots. Would be cool to see them around

They live in NoHo now apparently. SFV boys we out here. I lost my shit when i saw Famous Pizza on the other vid.

10 points · 9 months ago · edited 9 months ago

Remember how everyone was saying if they made a movie it would be dumb and corny af.... Well fuck that this shit had me crying

Its not good but not bad either, the cinematography is great, costume design is good, even kevins direction is above adequate albeit a bit derivative of PTA.

But the screenplay and story really brings it down. I get what its about, helmet boy is distraught and feels disconnected with people and other things of the world, But he has a romantic partner that connects with him, yet he cant really be with him either and he dies?? ( no idea about the last part ).

the way that they went about conveying the story wasnt good because its not that clear. they didnt properly flesh out these characters so we can empathize with them enough to get dropped into this situation thats already occuring in the films narrative.

Also, that ending isnt clear at all and not in a good way, the film didnt justify that. It comes off as pure self indulgence to symbolize an idea that has nothing to do with the film itself. It wasnt needed.( sidenote: I was hoping it ended at the kiss on the cheek that was seemingly amplified by the sound design, but it looks like kevin wanted a darker ending)

Im just nitpicking here, but is helmet boy inenebriated? Mans cant play fucking slide? Its like helmet boy is summers inept pet, which is a great idea for the story if intentional, but executed poorly. what about jade? Was she one of the ones that killed helmet boy? Are we supposed have empathy for summer and helmet boy? Cause i have the most empathy for jade. she has a visible conflict that was conveyed with finesse. That sequence was the best part of the short. Everything else looks like it was supposed to be executed with subtlety but instead with awkward implications.

ive only seen one sentence praises about the film itself and excitements about the unreleased songs, and no in depth comments or critiques about the film aside from the ending.

TLDR: the film isnt bad but the story and screenplay kinda suck and seeing that even the most enigmatic art films have a clarity to them, this one shouldnt be an exception cause brockhampton.

11 more replies

it looks pretty, but i'm not sure what the point of this is beyond visualizing some of the music. feels like a retread of abstract's previous music videos. i like their music but the longer videos are a bit self indulgent and tedious

1 more reply

wow i'm so fucking amped for the album the first and credit song were my favs but the 2 in the middle were doooope

Fire

Comment deleted9 months ago(1 child)

QUIVER

sister/nation is so great, instant chills. It's already my favorite brockhampton song idk idk.

This [FRESH]?

Original Poster9 points · 9 months ago

Yeah it's a little short film with some new music featured in it, directed by Kevin.

Yep 22 minute short film

Holy shit. Kevin needs to direct everything.

Someone more talented than me should cut together all the tracks

It's your lucky day. Kevin's got you.

thank you mayne.

Comment deleted9 months ago(1 child)

hella boys say

No wonder the style of this video looked so familiar! the Safdie Brothers were thanked in the credits, so i imagine they had a lot of influence in their creative choices.

The first track is so beautiful. Wish I bought the merch instead of sleeping in fml

whats the song at 10:11? please help~

7 more replies

HipHopHeads

Here now

Everything hiphop! The latest mixtapes, videos, news, and anything else hip hop related from your favorite artists.

Sidebar

Everything hip-hop!

Read the Rules/Guidelines before you post!

Don't post songs from the Overposted/Favorites List!

Day Event

Image Post
Wrong title format
Racism/General Bigotry/Trolling
Lyric/Pun Chains
Formulaic/Overused comments/Meme posts
Irrelevant Content
Download links to retail projects/singles.
Related Subs