NPR Tiny Desk Concert - GoldLink

126 points · 3 months ago · edited 3 months ago

NPR's been killing it with the Tiny Desk Concerts recently, I still have to check out Jorja's one.

I hadn't heard Bedtime Story in ages, but this was too smooth. That violinist was killing it throughout. I'm really excited to see him perform The God Complex at the 9:30 Club

Do yourself a favor and check out Tom Misch's Tiny Desk

7 points · 3 months ago · edited 3 months ago

Tom Misch, Jorja Smith, Daniel Caesar, and now Goldlink, all in the last week or so

NPR killing it

he’s one of my favorites right now!

honestly movie is a classic

Really enjoyed this - thanks!

No problem. Believe it or not, the guy is only 23. He's been putting out stuff for years on Soundcloud.

That was phenomenal. Thank you.

The Anderson .Paak Tiny Desk is so good

Man he is such a great performer. That video does a great job of showing how much goes into him playing the drums while hes singing during a live performance.

Original Poster8 points · 3 months ago

Super jelly, I want to go to that show soo bad but on the bright gonna be on that VIP flow for Afropunk 2018. Really pumped to see Kaytranada, Tyler and Denzel Curry.

Tiny Desk been killing it. Brilliant selections.

It's at UHall, even cooler.

3 hours in and not one comment on a goldlink Tiny Desk? Really thought HHH would nut at this.

It is so smooth though!

We too wavy rn

Goldlink is one of the smoothest rappers out. This is the perfect environment for him.

I like the way he just falls into the flows on these nontraditional arrangements.

he has moves lmao

was excited to see him performing Some Girl and Dark Skin Women, two of my favorites by him.

Oh shit he plays Dark Skin Women, imma melt when I get a chance to watch this

Can’t wait to see him live in August!

This is awesome. Would love to see him perform And after that in this style

Can’t wait for Goldlink’s next album. Smooth ass vibes.

Is there a new album coming? Any announcement or anything?

Not sure about new album, but his show in Hawaii was fucking dope, and he played an unreleased song that was super sick. I didn't record it though cause I wanted to live in the moment and stuff.

God complex one of the best mixtapes of this decade.

Louis Lastic on bass is a pretty cool touch here

Original Poster3 points · 3 months ago

His beats are fuckin fire man...I wonder if HHH could get him and/or Gold in for an AMA

How does setting that up work? Louie was a childhood friend, I asked him on facebook one time about an AMA and he seemed up for it. I could ask him about it again since his life seems not as crazy lately

MODS

Seriously pls do

Tiny Desk is so good, like damn.

Impressed by GoldLink with the flows. It's pretty cool seeing him spit live. Instrumentation is also on point. Good ish.

HOLY SHIT THAT'S BILLY DAVIS ON THE KEYS!

He's amazing, check him out.

I've always loved his songs where his ex filipina gf was saying something.

Spectrum?

Late Nights too!

My man thanks for this!

This is what I needed today

He is so talented

Lmao the asian kid in the back was groovin

That's Billy Davis, very talented musical director, check out his music, he's amazing.

The girl behind him low-key 'mirin Link.

Oh wow this was surprising. Although he from DC but wasn't expecting this.

Seen him live in Vancouver, took forever to come out but put on a sick show after, vibed with the crowd well

The male background singer was Elliott Skinner, who is one of the guys in Thirdstory, who toured with Chance as his background singers (and were in Chance's Tiny Desk)

This was awesome. I’ll never listen to Some Girl the same way again. I love when rappers can perform over a live band and sound good.

Goldlink my favorite live show I've ever seen, was the night Crew went platinum too so he was extra lit. Masego opened and was so fucking dope too. Can't wait to check this out but already know it will be nice as hell

I hope someone telling him he wouldn’t make it on NPR tinydesk was the reason for the shirt

This was one of the better tiny desks

Sweet! Can’t wait to watch this later

I thought I was a pretty big GoldLink fan, but I didn't know a single one of those songs...

how? theres atleast one off his last 3 projects?

Wot? How can you call yourself a pretty big fan when all of these songs were on his three albums. Bedtime story has a video. Plus he has performed these at shows.

... that's exactly the point of what I said. I "thought" I was - but clearly don't call myself a pretty big fan after seeing this vid! Realized I have a lot of catching up to do

Did anyone else not really like this? I had high hopes, but the instruments clash with the music for me

HipHopHeads

Here now

Everything hiphop! The latest mixtapes, videos, news, and anything else hip hop related from your favorite artists.

Sidebar

Everything hip-hop!

Read the Rules/Guidelines before you post!

Don't post songs from the Overposted/Favorites List!

Day Event

Image Post
Wrong title format
Racism/General Bigotry/Trolling
Lyric/Pun Chains
Formulaic/Overused comments/Meme posts
Irrelevant Content
Download links to retail projects/singles.
Related Subs