Kid gets caught letting loose to the music

2.3k comments

Thank God I grew up before everyone had a digital camera...

If all my dumb shit kid stuff was available online I would live under a boulder like a slug.

I had a Xanga in 6th grade.

That Xanga is long gone now, the blog entries forever wiped away, like so many other early 2000s social media.

Thank fucking god.

Someone archived it

356 points · 2 months ago · edited 2 months ago

I'm going to pretend I didn't read that evil you just laid before me.

Edit: Xanga says they have archives. I was surprisingly able to remember my account login, and it worked on their archive site, but it has 0 entries. I'm considering them wiped. It's been 16 years, I can't imagine anyone would still have those posts.

Someone does. Try running for office of some sort if you want to see who can bring it out.

I hope they fucking do, because then maybe the world will know Thomas missed that shot in the free throw shooting competition, making me the winner, except the P.E. teacher wasn't watching and let him shoot again. And of course I missed my next shot.

Fuck you, Thomas. If I have to run for office so that the world will know your treachery and deception, so be it.

Moderator: I'm sorry, Mr. SpaceClef, it seems we had a minor technical issue and the cameras did not capture any of your speech. Unfortunately, we are pressed for time and must move on to your opponent. Mr. Thomas, you have the floor.

This isn't 6th grade anymore. I've learned from my mistakes. Fuck your technical issues, I'm taking that mic and if Thomas objects I'd be glad to give his colon a chance to formally lodge a complaint once the mic is firmly inserted into his lying, opportunistic asshole.

Thomas would get a book deal out of it at least.

8 more replies

14 more replies

13 more replies

Ikr. I remember when I was 8 I got stuck in a motherfucking doll house. Everyone was laughing like shit as I struggled to get out. If there were smartphones back then, It surely would have ended up on the internet.

well, just searched for kids stuck in doll houses and there are many videos. You got lucky.

34 more replies

8.8k points · 2 months ago

He was killin’ it tho.

Yeah why can kids dance so good all of a sudden? What caused this?

2.8k points · 2 months ago

That dance was just added to fortnite and the little arm pump thing he did as well, I'm not saying fortnite is teaching kids to dance suddenly but I mean fortnite.

And now even you can learn how to dance in just one Fortnite!

This thread brought to you by Fortnitetm. Available everywhere.

yeah pretty much... xbox/ps4/pc/ios... screw android tho I guess

Toaster and fridge versions coming soon

11 more replies

4 more replies

Yeah when I was growing up me and all my nerd ass friends learned the better WoW dances. When my parents were growing up they had the hustle, the electric slide, and safety dance. Its just all about what you're exposed to.

Ha ... apparently, I am exactly your parents' age. Which is not surprising, assuming the 93 in your username is indicative.

The Safety Dance, however — not really so much a dance. More of a gesture.

6 more replies

8 more replies

Fortnite taught my kid to dance

5 more replies

Nah, I'm pretty sure they learned from Naruto.

2 more replies

And fortnite learned it from the goth kids

Didn't even realize it was added to Fortnite, I was sitting here thinking "this kid has found industrial goth music already, man, why couldn't youtube have existed when I was a kid!" Makes me jelly kids get to grow up with all the cool tech.

When does my cyberpunk dystopia begin, I'm ready for some body enhancements and to upgrade my sleeve eventually.

In my day goths listened to goth.

these are cybergoths to be more specific

12 more replies

7 more replies

25 more replies

3 more replies

Before you had be bodily conscious enough to know which moves go when. Now there are lots of small 7 second dances that you can just loop

41 more replies

there is nothing to regret

32 more replies

22.0k points · 2 months ago

Little dude was getting down in the safety of his own home. Now he'll never let his guard down and enjoy life like this again. Ice cold.

8.5k points · 2 months agoGilded1

Notice how single children are way weirder than those with siblings. It's because of this. We were formed by the cringe of our brothers and sisters. Thanks to them, we didn't do shit like this at school or friend's houses.

2.2k points · 2 months ago

That's a sound theory

Big if true

STOP 🛑

DROP

SHUT EM DOWN OPEN UP SHOP

OHHHH

NOOO

THATS HOW ROUGH RIDERS ROLLLL

8 more replies

1 more reply

I almost feel sad for the kid.

Whoever recording this really should have let him enjoy house moment, fat boi looks so fucking happy

10 more replies

7 more replies

8 more replies

You merely adapted the cringe. I was born in it, molded by it.

1 more reply

Oh damn... am only child, constantly danced in my room alone.

I'm in my 30s and have a kid, I'm an only child and I still randomly dance around my apartment or start doing karate moves and shit, I also did stuff like that in school and at friends houses. It all makes sense now.

32 year old only child here. I dance naked in the bathroom before and after my shower all the time. I also sing, loudly, whenever I feel a hankerin'. I make faces at myself when I brush my teeth to make myself laugh.

It's nice being free to be yourself. But yeah. I am my own best entertainment.

24 year old with 2 older brothers here. Did all that shit anyway because who gives a fuck?

5 more replies

4 more replies

It's the one reason why I don't want to have roommates.

I have 4 roommates, and when I dance around the house like this, they join in or start beatboxing. You just have to conscript the right people.

Nice. Love a good beatbox circle with the homies.

6 more replies

2 more replies

I’m 24 (#4 out of 5 brothers) and will still walk around my house humming the James Bond song and getting into a shooting stance at the end, with my arm out to the side like Roger Moore/Timothy Dalton 😂

Finaly a thread where I can relate.

6 more replies

18 more replies

Hey I have 2 older siblings and I danced in my room alone all the time. The trick is to do it with the door closed.

2 more replies

Im an only child also. I just sat in my room and wondered why my parents wouldn't open their door and talk to me.

10 more replies

CITIZEN, CONFORM

Bro chill

~Sibling would say

5 more replies

Yeah but now I have no self confidence and think everyone hates me before even meeting me because of my older brother :/

Damn. There's ups and downs to each side, I was an only child and always wished I had siblings because I think i'd be better at socializing with people, but I'd probably wish I was an only child if it happened differently. The grass is always greener I guess.

2 more replies

Comment deleted2 months ago(2 children)

2 more replies

Can confirm, single child and am weird.

Same. I grew up an only child till I was about 17 and use to talk to myself for many of those years. Not necessarily full length conversations but little tie bits here and there. I do it still sometimes while playing video games or just generally thinking out loud.

I vocally tell myself off for not getting my life sorted out or saying something awkward to somebody as part of what feels like a daily routine at this point.

1 more reply

In my 40s I can still spend a good half hour by myself living in some fantasy world I've just constructed in my head. It's fun.

Tbh, I loved being an only child as a kid.

3 more replies

Have a sibling. Still weird.

1 more reply

On the flip side, single kids are usually more free and open with themselves because they didn't have asshole siblings hassling them for everything.

123 more replies

Dancing not only is fun but also fantastic cardio. I used to be a real "I can't dance" type of guy completely alienated from my own body, terribly out of shape, hated running and sports in general. Then I discovered cardio classes at my local gym and man, getting your heart pumping while jumping to the beat and learning simple choreography is such a joy.

Not only did it make me feel comfortable in my own body again, but rhythmic movement is such a endorphin rush for me.

I hope the primal joy this kid got from dancing wasn't destroyed by this video. I hope he keeps dancing like that.

Dude my girlfriend got the Just Dance app that connects to the web app you can put up on your TV, damn was i tired after dancing a bunch of songs, especially RA RA RASPUTIN trying to do that Russian dance. I totally concur that it's great exercise.

That was awesome!

12 more replies

My mother did this to me. I enjoyed singing growing up, but her bursting in or turning the music down real fast kind of killed that. Now, if there's some possibility someone heard or they look at me like they heard, I just stop.

Yep. Vividly remember my dad telling me “don’t quit your day job, ha-ha-ha” when he walked in on my singing in the kitchen. It’s been 13 years, haven’t sung in front of a single soul since.

I had a chorus teacher force me to sing in front of the class and tell me (in front of everyone) that some voices just aren't fixable. I'm a singer in two bands right now, my singing has been positively reviewed in a few local magazines, and I'm pretty decent (I'm no Sam Cooke, but I get by). All bad singing means is that you haven't practiced singing.

You would think a chorus teacher would want to motivate their students when it comes to singing...

not all teachers should be teachers.

4 more replies

6 more replies

My old art teacher did that with one of my paintings. Used it as an example on what not to do. In elementary school.

That’s awful. What a garbage teacher and a creativity killer.

Well, some teachers just aren't fixable.

10 more replies

I got "Something wrong with the original?". From my step dad.

20 more replies

29 more replies

PEOPLE CANT EXPRESS THEMSELVES FREELY ANYMORE WITHOUT FEAR OF JUDGEMENT

WAYNE'S WORLD 2 WASN'T AS GOOD AS WAYNE'S WORLD 1

11 more replies

2 more replies

"Dance like no one is watching" just died.

Comment deleted2 months ago(6 children)

Tbf i did that and i never danced in my room.

5 more replies

Nah. Just don’t put your shirt over your head and lock your door, like you’re masturbating.

Don't fucking tell me how to masturbate. If i want to put a shirt over my head i will

How else would you keep your baby batter from getting your own eyes and mouth

You could aim into the tissue paper. Alternatively, I hear coconuts are useful and apparently reusable.

I’ve heard old shoeboxes are also acceptable.

Or you could stop masturbating all together. Like by breaking both your arms...

Well, I can reach my penis with my feet so take that!

5 more replies

8 more replies

Or maybe your boxers?

4 more replies

10 more replies

6 more replies

like you’re masturbating.

Then he should have kept dancing while maintaining eye contact to assert dominance. Does this kid even reddit?

But the darkness turns me on...

Wee man was having a danger dance (similar to a danger wank). Caught.

8 more replies

Dance like no one is watching your masturbating.

As someone who is no longer invited to the Xmas party.. I do not agree.

10 more replies

From Dancer to Accountant in one little fall.

Comment deleted2 months ago(4 children)

4 more replies

I know. This hurts .

Damn. u right.

This comment hit me hard for some reason.

As a very self conscious adult and, previously, an even more self conscious kid - it’s entirely possible this will stick with him for the rest of his life and will, without the proper tools and help, influence a lot of life decisions.

Hopefully he’s not as broken as I was and can walk this off. I sure hope so.

Walking in on your brother and making fun of him is one thing, though, broadcasting it on the internet where millions can see it, unless he’s on board with it, is another whole douchebag thing.

I hope he gets back to dancing. Those were some impressive moves.

6 more replies

He has an older brother I’m surprised he hasn’t already done that

Ironically, the best way for him to overcome this is to own up to it. When he's older, it won't bother him as much as it does now.

My grandpa once told me "never make fun of the way a person eats, dances, laughed, or makes art because then they'll never want to do any of these things with you again"

This reminds me of that. :(

3 more replies

The best thing you can possibly do in this situation is own it. Keep dancing toward the camera with a big smile on your face knowing you've ruined their video because you're not screaming like a scared little girl.

Comment deleted2 months ago(4 children)

4 more replies

10 more replies

Poor kid

59 more replies

1.4k points · 2 months ago

Dance like no one is watching, but check to make sure they're not.

I was thinking the same thing. You can't spend a generation telling people to dance like no one's watching, then shit all over another generation for actually dancing like no one's watching.

Dance like no one is watching, and murder anyone who does.

No witnesses.

1 more reply

"Dance like you don't give a fuck if anyone is watching, which is good because someone probably is but honestly if they're at a concert and more focused on making fun of people dancing and having a good time then that says more about how pathetic they are than anything else"

4 more replies

Born to rave.

Right? He'd fit right.

In

10 more replies

3 more replies

The shit big brothers have on little brothers

Kid can’t even Orange Justice in peace.

It's a great work out...

It's also a great exercise move

The shit my big and little brother have ON ME

7 more replies

4.4k points · 2 months ago · edited 2 months ago

Dude was just enjoying himself. All of us danced like idiots as a kid. It’s the purest form of joy really.

Poor dude.

EDIT: I'm not saying you can't still dance like a fool now, I myself got my swerve on while driving home yesterday. I simply meant "We all look silly as kids but it's because we didn't care. Putting this kid on blast is going to make him self-conscious now and that's a shame."

I’d say the good people are laughing with him and fuck the rest.

I dance like an idiot and I'm 40. This kid is going places.

37 here and I do the same. Even still utilize the hairbrush and/or mixing spoon as a microphone...

can't say I have done the teeshirt over head technique though, that was pretty innovative

2 more replies

Same. My heart goes out to those who don’t,

9 more replies

I'm glad I didn't grow up in an age where internet was this rife. I did all sorts of silly crap. These days, kids do one stupid thing and it goes up on the internet lol

2 more replies

What do you mean "as a kid"?

right, was i supposed to grow out of bad dancing?

42 more replies

The kid is doing the right thing: never dance to impress, dance to express. Just let him be...

Orange Justice

Had a bit of the Hype in there too

3 more replies

It's a great exercise move too

my thoughts exactly

7 more replies

This was actually adorable until he felt embarrassed.

1.0k points · 2 months ago

Fuck, he's good.

I mean, it's not bad

Better than me

I'm jealous tbh.

I know I wish I had my own room growing up.

4 more replies

11 more replies

Ahhh, as kids we do the weirdest shit, who cares. Good for him!

That kid dances better than me, damn.

Cause he can dance if he wants to

And he can leave his friends behind

5 more replies

1 more reply

Poor guy. Now it's on the front page of reddit. Little dude, if you're reading this, YOU ARE AWESOME!!! p.s. I'm 35 and I still do the same thing when my husband and kids are gone! ;) Don't ever stop!

Same. I can't dance, but I still do in the bathroom.

1 more reply

I'm a married, home-owning, working professional and sometimes I love nothing more than turning up the car stereo and busting out some sick raps to some classic hip hop when I'm alone in the car. It feels so good and I wish it was more socially acceptable.

5 more replies

17 more replies

Anybody have a link to this remix?

Makes me want to dance like an idiot

Fire

Never heard of this kid. I have watched several remixes now, and the shit is hilarious.

My favorite one, if anyone cares.

He's the original person who made it : https://youtu.be/fy2XDBbDrAs

11 more replies

10 more replies

I danced like this one time when I was a kid and my dad caught me in a similar fashion. I grew up a little that day. I never danced like that again. :(

On a lighter note, little guy has a little bit of techno viking in him mixed with the Thomas the Tank Goths.

techno

Definitely conjuring Techno Viking.

6 more replies

Not sure if I should up-vote for the cool kid or down-vote for the shity camera person.

I gave a down-vote. This shouldn't gain anymore publicity. The kid's got moves, and I hope he stays cool forever, but he can upload his own video of himself dancing when he's ready to go public. That video I'll upvote.

2.0k points · 2 months ago · edited 2 months ago

This honestly breaks my heart. I remember doing things like this when I was little and getting made fun of by my parents. It kills your self esteem. Kids these days should have the freedom to explore who they are without it being mocked and blasted on the internet.

Edit: Bullying does not build character. It changes your character. If you're lucky enough you get to grow up and find yourself again. If not you lose yourself. All we have is ourselves. No one has the right to take that away from us by blasting it all over the internet.

The posting online bothers me. Bullied at home, bullied at school. Growing up with trust issues and low self esteem.

Like that lightsaber kid who got bullied out of school and ended up in a psych ward. So glad I wasn't a kid with this kind of tech around.

At least he can tell the other kids he was put in a Tony Hawk videogame 😕

35 more replies

4 more replies

I have multiple memories of asking a silly question or saying/doing something embarrassing, and it always ended with my parents or older siblings laughing at it.

And that's what I say when someone asks why I'm so quiet.

Ah yeah, I can relate - my dad and brother used to rip the shit out of me and now my dad wonders why I can't talk to him and I'm not close to my brother... plus the difficulty in talking to people I don't know... it's all very damaging.

I love my fam and they love me, but there is definitely an issue with self esteem that can be traced back to being the go to member for embarrassment.

6 more replies

2 more replies

His guard is going to be up forever. Person filming doesn’t even realize how much freedom they took away.

Would be a cool origin story for a super villain.

It is the origin story of a lot of nasty news headlines.

26 more replies

I agree. My daughter is 5. If I ever walked by and saw her dancing like a buffoon, shirt pulled over her head, gyrating like a broken MIT robot, I'd sure as shit come in and pull my shirt over my head and do it even worse just to see if I could get her to laugh. She's shy enough as it is. She doesn't need a parent embarrassing her and making her self conscious in her own home.

The only way I'd ever record it is if she knew about it, and I would only ever show it to her grandparents - in person, looking at my phone. No sending it anywhere. Grandparents have this weird desire to put every damn thing on Facebook.

3 more replies

Yeah I fully agree, it's a form of bullying and its utterly soul destroying when you can't even do things in your own home for fear of humiliation. Before I went no contact with my toxic family, all of my childhood and teenage silliness, mistakes, mispronounctiations etc were fair game for ripping me apart at any frequent opportunity. It sucked and it will stay with me forever.

Bullying does not build character. It changes your character.

Wise words

Seriously, when I have kids. If I catch them dancing at all, you know I'm gonna jump in and start dancing like a maniac with them! I want them to know it's okay to be crazy and have fun. Be yourself

91 points · 2 months ago · edited 2 months ago

To be entirely honest, if my parents ever did this to me as a kid, I would have been mortified. As much as the intentions are pure, the violation of privacy while I'm doing something very vulnerable (e.g. dancing like a madman) would destroy me. You seem super awesome, though. Maybe if you catch your kid doing this some day, consider just letting them be...

14 more replies

7 more replies

45 more replies

C’mon don’t put this shit on the internet. Everyone deserves to be weird when no ones around.

This.

1 more reply

I miss the good ol' days when people were able to have a good time and be silly without worrying about some slimy little prick filming.

I wish it were more acceptable to just let loose and dance like this, I bet it feels awesome. Guy filming is such a dick here.

not just the filming, but posting it online too. The guy's an ass, what if the kid gets bullied?

5 more replies

Not cool to put this online, even if he agreed, too young to realize the consequences.

Cameras on mobile phones was a mistake

Do you remember how they marketed them when they first came out? There was a commercial with someone in a locker room and a celebrity walked in. So because they had a camera phone they could show everyone they saw that celebrity. It was actually marketed to be a creepy violation of someone's privacy.

16 more replies

keep dancing kid , don't worry what people think :)

This is how people develop horrible insecurities about themselves.

What kind of straight up, mean-spirited ball bag posted this online in the first place?

2 more replies

That is not regret. That is a kid having a great time being a kid and some asshole posting his personal moment on the internet. The guy recording and posting this is a fucking prick.

10 more replies

I like how the kid is combining the cornholio look with the orange justice dance, bringing together generations, kid.

No shame. We’ve all felt this way when the beat drops at some point. And if you haven’t, you should try it.

I danced like him once when I was a child, mother walked in on me and never stopped bringing up to everyone she knew.

Needless to say, I never felt safe in the comfort of my own home anymore.

Feel for the kid to have this published online

Funny but whoever uploaded this is a prick

I feel genuinely bad for this kid. He's going to be scarred for life and never cut loose like this again. It's a shame, really.

I've been there, little dude. Keep on rocking out anyway.

I won't even dance like that in my own room because I'd embarrass myself and my ancestors.

I WISH I knew how to do this dance

4 more replies

3 more replies

So glad cameras weren't readily available when I was young. My older sisters would have so much footage of me fighting invisible ninjas in the living room...

1 more reply

He is the great CORNHOLIO!!

3 more replies

This isn't regret, it's righteous anger. Let the boy dance!

What an asshole parent to post this. He's just having a good time.

Make fun of him and have a laugh... maybe even film it... but don't post it on the internet. Poor kid.

This seems more like an older brother move. And the voice at the end also sounds really young so I doubt it was the parents.

2 more replies

what asshole parent/brother does that to a kid? I mean spying - ok, but actually putting it on the interwebs is super shitty.

apart from that, kid has moves. looks like he can already party hard.

1,114 more replies

Did I remember to turn the oven off?

r/instant_regret Rules
No regret
Regret not instant
General abuse
Doesn't link to regret
Youtube Spam
Im butthurt that GallowBoob has more karma than me
Turtles are friends, not food.