Posted by
@_jonasnordberg
7 days ago

ITAP of a boat in Denmark again

I liked this so much when I saw it yesterday that I made a drawing of it, hope you don't mind. I'm a total noob so don't expect mad art skillz. What I'm trying to say great picture, gave me something fun to practice on.

[Imgur](https://i.imgur.com/Pq8NfaZ.png?1)

Hvor i Danmark er det taget? Super fedt billede!

@_jonasnordberg
Original Poster2 points · 6 days ago

Lige lidt nord fra Aarhus, et sted i Kalø Vig. Og mange tak skal du have!

Lyder godt

Gorgeous color and cool boat too.

No you did not mate. That is just.. that’s a work of art right there. Incredible photo.

@_jonasnordberg
Original Poster1 point · 6 days ago

Aww thank you so much

Oh 🖤

I love this! So simple, but so many possibilities....

1 point · 7 days ago

Beautiful

i'm kinda confused

cause the water in the sea isn't this calm, and if it is a lake we should see the other side

did he remove the backdrop?

@_jonasnordberg
Original Poster2 points · 6 days ago

It's from a bay north of Aarhus in Denmark. And the shot was taken just as the sun went down and some mist started coming. So there isn't removed any backdrop

Great! Then just ignore the previous comment

Kulhuse? I think i have seen that boat before :) nice pic OP

3 points · 7 days ago

Lil boaty

Whereabouts in Denmark OP? I was at Riskilde fjord a few days back and your pic reminds me of it.

@_jonasnordberg
Original Poster2 points · 6 days ago

Its from Kalø Vig north of Aarhus

Perfection! 😍 What setting did you take it at?

NIce ! Well, don’t stop now. These are gorgeous.

Bot?
u/valuedminority:

Again? Well, don’t stop now. These are gorgeous.

Nope

Nah I mean him, your comment was first. Reported the acc after checking the post history, just an Oppo shill or something.

The thumbnail made me think it was a Blockbuster flag.

This is so pretty. Please walk us through this!

Classic JonasNordberg.

Keep doing it

"What kind of photography do you do?"

- "I take pictures of boats in Denmark."

1 point · 7 days ago

Would follow on Instagram.

Nice shot! Great reflection

0 points · 7 days ago

Looks more like Finland to me

It's the flagship of the Danish navy

Er det en abe?

-1 points · 7 days ago

Don't mean to piggyback off your post but this reminds me of my own photo. Nice work dude!

it looks infinity

Amazing pic

pink floyd

-1 points · 7 days ago

accidentalwesanderson?

Almost looks like a waving flag

Do you have a high resolution version of this picture ?

2 points · 7 days ago

Could you give a tutorial ?

3 points · 7 days ago

Could you give a Tutorial?

The horizons blended & the water is incredibly still.

stunning.

Keep takin' 'em.

Looks like the back cover of Pink Floyd's Endless River

I hope OP doesn’t mind me making this my screen saver

@_jonasnordberg
Original Poster1 point · 7 days ago

Not at all! I hope you'll enjoy it!

53 points · 7 days ago

Reminds me of my mothers paintings she's norwegian but lives in Denmark.

@_jonasnordberg
Original Poster2 points · 6 days ago

They are very pretty!

1 point · 6 days ago

Thanks, are you from Denmark?

Speaking of paintings, the colors of this also kind of remind me of the paintings of Ann Sklar, specifically her "Endless Horizons" paintings.

7 points · 7 days ago

some of those are geeat..does she sell prints?

4 points · 7 days ago

Yeah for some of the pieces, you can ask her on the Facebook page if there's any particular one you like.

8 points · 7 days ago

Wow that is pretty

Did you do any retouching?

I’d guarantee it but I guess I don’t know for sure.

I don’t think so, there’s some artifacts on the right side in the water. So, in my opinion, the post processing was probably just color and exposure.

Or it could be from jpeg/imgur compression.

Sorry I’m confused is changing tones and color post processing bc I thought that I was? Maybe I’m just dumb.

When you shoot in raw, there isn’t really any way around post processing. The raw image itself isn’t usable. It’s like a film negative. The post-processing is unavoidable.

So, it depends on who you talk to but, there’s a slight difference between retouching and post-processing.

Some would say that photoshopping out an object would be considered retouching. It’s going in and physically removing pixels and changing them.

Post-processing is usually considered to be only altering the data that’s already in the photo. For example, when you shoot a camera in raw, there’s tons of data that you can’t see with your naked eye. So you can accentuate or mask things like colors or certain shadows/highlights.

It’s pretty common that most photographers do some sort of post-processing as it’s still data that you’ve captured in the photo. Retouching would be adding/removing data that’s not in the photo originally. Again, depends on who you ask and what your definition is.

Edit: sorry if I explained things that seem obvious, I don’t know everyone’s knowledge in photography

Thank you very much I was quite sure what the difference was and this was very helpful and explanatory. So I guess I’d say it was post processing in this picture and probably not retouching. Thank you!

3 points · 7 days ago(0 children)
3 points · 7 days ago

How’d you get this photo? Absolutely stunning!

Also, an extended exposure creates the smoothe effect

I'm guessing it's at dusk with mist rising from the water, which conceals any horizon or break in the water.

@_jonasnordberg
Original Poster1 point · 6 days ago

What he said! Just at sunset and the mist starting rolling in. But with a fast shutter though, it was very still that day

Again? Well, don’t stop now. These are gorgeous.

78 points · 7 days ago

This looks straight out of Life of Pi

2 points · 7 days ago

Damn I forgot how good that book and movie were

7 points · 7 days ago

This. Is. Lovely.

Awesome picture, i can't tell where the water stops and the sky starts

Really cool

WOW

A subreddit about photography techniques and styles. Post your work here to ask for critique, or browse the submissions and ask the photographer how they achieved a certain effect.

r/itookapicture Rules