Posted byGuilias2 years ago
Archived

Anybody else having issues with crashing in Midtown?

Any time I go into Midtown Patrol, regardless of the character I'm playing or the computer I'm using, MH crashes. I've never had this problem before the (first) MH 2016 patch.   Thoughts?

EDIT: At several of your recommendations, I have repaired the installations on the two computers on which I typically run MH and that seems to have solved the issue. Thank you.

Run Repair (Open Launcher Click Options Cog)

If you're using Steam, then go to your Steam library, right-click MH, select Properties, then Local Game Files. Verify integrity of game cache.

GuiliasOriginal Poster1 point · 2 years ago

Not a Steam install, but thank you.

GuiliasOriginal Poster2 points · 2 years ago

While I will certainly try this, I don't see how three separate computers could have the same faulty installations.

2 points · 2 years ago

I guess the patching system used goofed somewhere related to the ultron files, either not patching them or patching them incorrectly. Or someone put the wrong file into the patch server initially. All i know is that i was seeing the same issue, as has many others given the forum traffic, and running a repair fixed it.

2 points · 2 years ago

Are you on a laptop? If you are, then you probably need to set the new 2016 exe to use your dedicated gpu and not default (set it to performance and not power saving).

GuiliasOriginal Poster1 point · 2 years ago

I've tried on two different desktops and one laptop. Same results every time.

YES! Steam and standalone client both crash in MM. Actually got a bluescreen last time, hadn't seen one in ages

I too have crashed in MM popped out there as deadpool ran about 20-30 feet started whirlwind shooting and boom crash

2 points · 2 years ago

I repairs my files AND lowered some of the graphics like advanced shadows and such... And I haven't had a crash since

I ran repair (It didn't take too long maybe 5-10min) and after that it worked fine.

Earth 616's most popular Subreddit. All things Marvel Heroes Omega related.