Archived

Civil War : What is your reason for picking the side you will pick?

I'm curious Team Cap? Team Tony? Who and why?

4 points · 1 year ago

Rewards-wise,the artifact from Team Iron Man, Improved Arc Reactor is BiS for some heroes; for what I know, Captains' Silver Star is only BiS for She-Hulk.

So if you plan to grind some artifacts for gear/trade, Team Iron Man is the best choice.

The Silver Star is pretty phenomenal if you're building for CDR - it's like Tanya's Love Letter in that it's not BiS for either survivability or damage, but very very good for both at the same time.

3 points · 1 year ago

Iron Man, to finish achievements I missed over summer

1 point · 1 year ago

this.

2 points · 1 year ago

I guess I will end up going with both because they both have their own achievements. I didn't play during the initial event because I don't like any of the characters but I need 1 more title and they are the easiest left to get. Might as well do the rest too if I'm doing one.

I have a ton of the Arc Reactors from last time and there are limited heroes that it is BiS for. Silver Star is BiS for pretty much no one but I absolutely love this artifact. It's tanky, offers good damage, makes you more spirit efficient with melee attacks with all of that strength.

There is BiS and then there is "best". I realize that best is subjective and you can make your own choices there but until the day content comes out that 10 people need to be able to kill the raid dummy in 3 minutes, I'm going to give myself a little bit of a survivability buffer.

ever-lovin blue-eyed2 points · 1 year ago

Team Cap. Cuz what's the point in wearing a mask if everybody knows who you are? Kinda defeats the purpose of being a masked vigilante. Although in real life I'd probably pick Team Tony if there's a steady paycheck in it.

He wears a 'mask' because the 'mask' protects his skull and face. Something some other heroes don't have to worry about.

Basuru1 point · 1 year ago

His lips are in constant danger.

In an alternate Marvel Universe I'm called Papa John.2 points · 1 year ago

Team Cap, he's my favorite super hero.

Fix Iron Man's Civil War Costume!1 point · 1 year ago

Same reason as last time: Tony Stark was right.

Team Tony, because I ideologically agree with his idea. Power should be transparent.

Apparently his side also has this nice item (arc reactor?) too, which I didn't know at the time of choosing.

Team Cap because I maxed Team Tony last time.

Team Cap for week one, most likely. It's my first civil war event and one of my mains is Iron Man, so I want to try the other team first while I learn the ropes ;) From week two, Team Iron Man all the way! I hear unlike with the original event, it matters less to be on the winning side now, anyway.

Will there be enough time for all the achievements from both sides?

i'll probably do the same. and while neither are my favorites, i definitely prefer playing as Iron Man more than Cap. even if he is outdated. mainly because i'm not overly fond of melee in this game.

Already did both from the summer. So ill just regrind out the rep to get the two artifacts again. I could use another arc reactor at the least for Vishy. Silver Star, meh i could probably pass on but its really easy to get there so it will probably happen anyway.

probably team iron man to get a complete set of the visual sprays. and i need good motivation to finish the event fight a couple of thousand times...

The rewards were better on the winning side.

I'll pick the popular winning side. Only reason to pick one over the other

Team Cap. because fuck Iron Man.

seriously, the Civil War arc in the comics ruined the character for me. i can't stand 616 Iron Man.

haven't watched the movie yet, either.

Waiting for rest of 52s, TM and SM QoL0 points · 1 year ago

Team Cap because I believe in the freedom of being a vigilante and I dislike being responsible for the consequences of my actions. ie. killing someone just because

... so what if I stopped drinking my meds?! NO YOU'LL NEVER MAKE ME RESPONSIBLE YOU HAVE NO PROOF I KILLED THAT GUY

0 points · 1 year ago

When is it going to become online?

That's what I want to know. I got the Avenger gift box (eternity splinters and cube shards) when I logged in but I don't see any thing else Civil War related.

ThatOneTim0 points · 1 year ago

Did I time travel??? Are we redoing the Civil War? Whaaaaaa?

Yes next 2 weeks to 'celebrate' the movie coming out in retail shops.

ThatOneTim0 points · 1 year ago

Yes I time traveled? Sweet!!

Cap because he'd be the first to punch Colin Kaepernick in the face for his new found activism.

Nope, Cap knows what freedom really means

The reasons for his short-sighted protest are legit. How he is going about it is 100% wrong.

There's photos of him wearing socks with a cartoon pig cop? He's also worn a Castro t-shirt to a presser. Hello? If you're going to go activist and protest crap you wear a Che Guevara shirt, not a Castro shirt. He can't even do activism correctly.

As a result of these oversights fewer people hearing his "message" are going to be middle-of-the-road-Joe, and more of the mouth-breathing internet torch mob (who he says are the ones getting oppressed) that have now been going out of their way to blow up Jerry Rice's Twitter with accusations of "Uncle Tom" and "coon". CK is even dividing his target supporters because he hasn't thought his approach through clearly in the slightest.

Guy needs to learn some humility. Nobody is going to remember the records he's set on the field. They're going to remember him for going full-mental-activist in what will probably end up being his swan-song in the league.

-6 points · 1 year ago(0 children)
-6 points · 1 year ago(0 children)
Thank you very little1 point · 1 year ago

Cap isn't saying they shouldn't be accountable. Actually, I'll allow Cap to speak for himself:

"Don't play politics with me, Hill. Super Heroes need to stay above that's stuff or Washington starts telling us who the Super-villains are"

1 point · 1 year ago

I mean, that's all well and good to say but it's just not true. They shouldn't be above that stuff at all.

Vigilantism is against the law in the end, and one bad apple can ruin it for the whole bunch. Laws may not always be right or fair or just but when youre dealing with people that are the equivalent of walking WMDs that can't help but constantly fight in populated areas, it makes no sense to say there shouldn't be some record of who these people are in the event that something happens.

Earth 616's most popular Subreddit. All things Marvel Heroes Omega related.