Archived

So which heroes are we all enjoying after the update?

I'm having real fun with Thor, Magik, Black Panther and Jean Grey after messing around with their talents and finding a few builds I like. How about you guys/girls?

Absolutely loving a Teleport focused Nightcrawler build. Constantly teleporting in and out of the fight just makes him feel really fun. I don't think he really felt like Nightcrawler before, but now I really feel it.

Also really enjoying a Strike Team focused Cyclops. Took all for of the summon powers with a few beam attacks. The Angel summon in particular is fun.

2 points · 1 year ago

Hell yeah; my sentiments exactly!

11 points · 1 year ago

Loki's changes are great! He's gone from 6 obvious skills and a couple choices for trash clearing, to... I don't even know yet. I've been tooling around with him and can't settle on anything yet. I actually thinking about my character build again! I haven't even looked at my other heroes yet. I feel like a kid in some kind of store!

Original Poster3 points · 1 year ago

Haha couldn't agree more. It's really cool how much we might just be able to get out of these heroes now.

1 point · 1 year ago

Loki's a mess now, I keep looking at those skills trying to figure out something, but nothing comes!

Taking advice from fellow deceivers

I'm having a blast with Human Torch and Flame Cyclone. Whirly, molten death incarnate.

Original Poster2 points · 1 year ago

Ha! Awesome

9 points · 1 year ago

Gunner rocket raccoon is awesome

Really? I haven't found a comfortable gunner build with him yet.

I tried something similar to the old gunner build, but it drains plasma ammo like goddamn crazy. I feel I spend more time regenerating ammo than spending it.

I have about ~40 energy, and maxed out cost reduction infinity node, which feels like it does diddly squat.

Having lots of fun with Magneto and Star-Lord and their new builds! Gonna try Summoner Colossus this weekend and see how he works out, too.

I'm basically having fun with the Heroes with brand new build options they didn't have before.

2 points · 1 year ago

Do you mind sharing your Star-Lord build?

Talents should be 2/3/2/2/3. Infinity Points should be Fighting, Area Damage, Dash Cooldown, Ammo Cost, Damage Reduction, Energy. This will make it so that you have four different grenades with high damage but long cooldowns, and your Dash will reset your grenade cooldowns.

The rotation is: Use each grenade once, dash, repeat. When you run out of ammo, use a Loader power (I use Fire). When you run out of dashes, spam Elemental Barrage. Pop your Sig when it's available, and just try to be mobile and 'splodey.

2 points · 1 year ago

Awesome! Star-Lord is my favorite, but I always struggle coming up with builds myself. Thanks

Original Poster2 points · 1 year ago

IKR. It's really exciting to think of the possibilities going forward.

Summoner Colossus is kind of weird because he doesn't get anything from summon items they scale off of his stats instead. Which means all my work to build a Summoner Colossus before the update was made useless with the update.

2 points · 1 year ago

It's unfortunate that you now have bound summoner gear on him, but it's just better to not mess with the summon gearing on this game if you can help it. As a summon/pet rpg player, I had to have this beat into my brain on multiple character retunes, changes, and things. It's just not fun having to second guess gear commitments, especially in this game.

Like this whole update it's a mixed bag, now my Colossus will be beefier than he was preupdate once I've adjusted his gear. I have to decide which gear to keep and change since some of the summon gear still works for him. This whole update is going to take some time to really figure out.

I'm the Huggernaut!8 points · 1 year ago

Juggernaut. So damn stronk. Packing 21k DR, 52% crit rate (a little low but he has guaranteed crits on 63% of his rotation anyway), 45% brutal, 10k CDR and 12.5k BDR. Oh right, almost 3k spirit too. All this with 20% healing every time I pop a full-momentum BED feels /so/ good. There was admittedly a learning curve to figuring it out but damn is it satisfying.

2 points · 1 year ago

Could you pls share your build/artifacts/rota? Do you still build around bed? I feel like i should be tanky but i always get deleted in cosmic terms (66-69ilvl) only 4k omegas pre patch, but i loved jugg and want to make it happen :(

I'm the Huggernaut!7 points · 1 year ago

I put a post in my guide on the forums, it'll have to hold you over until I re-build the guide from scratch. It's effectively the same, but it takes some getting used to the faster Lariat and 20s cooldown on Scion. Most of your damage comes from BED during Scion though, as long as you're able to pop off 4 full-strength BEDs during the steroid you're good to go.

Pop it with 80%~+ momentum, by the time you hit the ground you should be at 100% momentum.

Enter the Fray + Lariat x2, second BED.

Devastating Charge, third BED.

Enter the Fray + Lariat x2, fourth BED. Then pop sig.

If you're well geared, most cosmic terminal bosses are dead. You putz around for a few seconds, lariat and BED, then pop Scion again because it's already off cooldown, and repeat above. Then as that's coming down, you should have Unstoppable Charge ready to go again given that delicious Lariat perk.

2 points · 1 year ago

Thank you, i'll try that tomorrow! :) im pretty happy movementjugger still works. Jug is love,jug is life!

6 points · 1 year ago · edited 1 year ago

deleted 0.0532 What is ^^^this?

3 points · 1 year ago

Rogue, I don't know who else to even try. I want to get back into SL, Gambit, Storm, Emma & Angela though

3 points · 1 year ago

Most heroes I don't even think I need the multispec, but the new Rogue makes it a joy

SHE-HULK SMASH...this random thing.3 points · 1 year ago

I enjoyed Cap before the update and I'm still digging him after. He was all melee before, but I find his area and shield skills are actually useful now.

I'm lukewarm on Wolverine. I built him to be a boss-killing machine before the patch and I'd say he's even more effective at that now, but I stink at dealing with trash mobs even worse than before the patch. I'm going to have to tinker with that build.

Hulk is finally fun! Yay! He feels rightfully unstoppable.

I'm not really enjoying post-update Angela. Something is off and I can't quite put my finger on it. I could understand being too squishy or having little DPS, but it's really both at this point. Again, could be my build. I might be an idiot.

I thought She-Hulk was pretty much perfect before, but I have to admit I like the option to go with "anger" as a resource. Much like Cap, I enjoyed her before and I like her even more now.

I've got a bunch of others at the level cap, but that's all the ones I've revisited post-update. Spending most of my time with Cap. As usual. :)

I'm loving storm. She does loads of aoe and feels like a true master of elements.

I'm loving Storm, too. So. Much. AoE.

4 points · 1 year ago

X-23, now that movement is slower it feels like your flying around during combat.

2 points · 1 year ago · edited 1 year ago

Juggernaut feels pretty good right now. Use another button than before on the movement build and the mobility changes didn't really bother him at all. Also enjoying my Psylocke ranged build a fair bit, the addition of a ranged AoE filler via talent helps the kit out a lot. It sort of had one before with the vortex but I like vortex as a higher impact cooldown now.

Star Lord feels great and has some options to un-busy the rotation if you want; or just keep the busyness and mash shit cause it's fun, which is what I do and you get stuff like extra guns on strafe.

easier to fly with hawkeyes skycycle

luke cage is pretty cool. I can use iron fist and misty at the same time, and a jessica jones sidekick has the whole gang laying down some heavy power

2 points · 1 year ago

Invisible Woman and Emma Frost. IW is going to be a great support character and I might even have separate talent builds depending on if I am raiding or playing alone. Emma just feels super tanky and I am not even having a hard time killing things. I beat the CT with no catalyst or costume affixes. So far the characters that can stack durability for dmg feel great in their roles

I'm in love with Doc Strange ATM. Hated him before the update, but now he is tons of fun.

2 points · 1 year ago

He's the one I'm playing most, but I would really appreciate being able to use a few more skills. 8 isn't enough.

I agree. I don't care so much about optimization as I do about having fun and having a variety of skills to choose from at any given moment is fun. Who cares if it's efficient or whatever. Now after signature, dash and talent shoehorns I feel stifled. And he's not the only one that feels that way.

edit-a word

I'm feeling the opposite. Loved Strange before the update, but now he's incredibly boring

Did anyone get a significant change besides the talents? I only had a chance to play with War Machine this morning and I didn't see anything really different other than being to rid myself of heat build up, which was cool, but felt almost like a cheat.

Loki is basically a new character now. I think Mr. Fantastic got tuned pretty heavily as well.

I've been sorting my inventory for two days.....but I did try Loki for a bit, nice.

After the removal of the uniques --> credit chest recipe, I'm really enjoying Black Cat's 100% chance to yoink valuable goodies from enemies.

Nova isn't totally different but he is still great. Really like the changes to spidey. I still need to try Daredevil but I suspect he didn't get much tuning because last year he got a revision and it was fantastic.

Magik was my favorite with Jean Grey in a 'meh' position for me before the patch. After then patch, they've swapped. I love the new Jean, she seems to fit my play-style better now than before. Magik was a super fun melee summoner before, but now it doesn't feel as powerful as it did before. I'm glad I got her through the cosmic trail before the patch, cause I'm going to need some major changes to her before I can survive cosmic midtown/industry again.

Thing and Human Torch.

Love Torch's new stuff and love Thing's old stuff he didn't need any real changes because he was already perfect.

I've been having a ton of fun with Emma. My damage is definitely lower than before the patch, but I'm much harder to kill. Works pretty well for cosmic danger room farming. I'm willing to ride things out while balancing is done; also trying to keep in mind that not everything is released yet.

I just spent a little time setting up Squirrel Girl and Capt. Marvel to play around with tomorrow. Looking forward to experimenting.

1 point · 1 year ago

Storm.

I really enjoy playing jean grey, but I have no idea how I should build her =\

I've been playing an Ultron summoner build and having quite a lot of fun. I like not having to manage his summons.

-16 points · 1 year ago(0 children)
Cyclops Was Right-1 points · 1 year ago

I have all the toons at 60 red or 60 cosmic, so, I cleaned up my inventory, and now I'm just waiting for a reason to play again.

Bring on Beast.

Earth 616's most popular Subreddit. All things Marvel Heroes Omega related.