Archived

Did it shut down?

If so what time did it happen?

My understanding is there's no one there to turn it off currently, as the people responsible for that had left for the last time at 6 on Friday. So the actual turn off time is somewhere between "Who Knows?" "Monday?" and "Whenever the server host realizes they're not getting paid for this".

lol oh my god they can't even prematurely kill the game right

Gaz being Gaz to the end.

Gaz stays Gaz even in the end. Truely classic.

Original Poster6 points · 8 months ago

That's actually kinda hilarious. Is it still live then?

I just logged in.

Yes. Bet you anything there is no one employed by gaz any more who even knows how to turn it off lol.

Didn't they fire everyone? Who's going to close it?

Zurick didn't say they left for the last time Friday. Just that there wasn't anyone there after 6pm. I'd imagine they'll take care of it next week. At least one IT guy has to be there to wind the servers/firewalls/etc down I would hope. (Been thru two shutdowns and IT to the end was a thing both places.)

As an IT person who's gone thru this kind of thing before, I'd have told them to shove it unless they had cash in hand to pay Me when I walked in the doors.

This isn't over.

IT'S NEVER OVER!

[mumble mumble] the WAR goes ON

Praise Joko !

Well to be fair the comment regarding early shut off that everyone reported only came from one single former employee it never was officially announced. So I personally took it with a grain of salt. There was never confirmation it was all just one single message from one person which was never validated by anyone with anyone at the company. So honestly I think it’s still end of December and people just jumping the gun based on the lay offs so assumptions were made. Could be wrong but it’s the most logical thing

They did up the G drop to 25, 000 yesterday. I'd call that a mixed message if it is staying up til 12/31.

Well after the staff is gone they can’t do anymore drops to people so that would make a bit of sense

Original Poster1 point · 8 months ago

I definitely see where you're coming from on that. I'd love for it to be around until end of year but with no employees basically I'd say it's not possible.

No employees are needed to keep the server live just means no support or maintenance

I thought it was supposed to stay open until December 31

Original Poster2 points · 8 months ago

That was the plan but a lot of people were saying yesterday.

Fuck fuck fuck... And I spent my whole day watching Karate Kid because I thought I had plenty of time!

All day?!

What kinda crazy director's cut do you have?

They played all three movies on AMC on Friday.

The first one is the only one worth watching...

"If do right, no can defense."

Are you kidding, that third film with the hammy acting of the bad guys? That was genius.

dailybugle appears to show evidence it will probably be monday

Original Poster2 points · 8 months ago

That's all I'm gonna play on Xbox then

That is just an estimation with no backing other than the ex-developers assumption based on the staff running the server maintainece being let go. Sadly we haven’t heard any statement that is concrete that says if the date was changed which sucks so it’s kind of a guessing game unless an actual statement gets released by gaz

nor is there going to be an another official statement from gaz. as for concrete evidence, well, with gaz laying off almost their entire staff, you can sleep soundly in knowing the official date that gaz announced at the end of december - isn't going to happen.

They still very well could release a statement, or someone who was upper management. Just because the team was let go doesn’t mean it can’t last till the date, it just means no bugs will be monitored or fixed, no support will be offered, no modifications to anything in the game etc. the date itself doesn’t mean much just like how many games from previous console generations still have live servers even tho the games development teams don’t exist anymore. You don’t need a team around to keep the game live just need the servers hosted. They were already paid till end of year so any early termination is just to make sure it’s all shut down in advance. Servers for games aren’t really paid for on a day or week by week basis.

So sad, just got Gem of the Kursed and was excited to start prestiging The Punisher. oh well...

8pm GMT Sunday 26/11, judging from a thread made about 10 minutes ago saying they'd been disconnected and the game was officially dead.

Original Poster1 point · 8 months ago

What thread?

As of Sunday it's still running. Since there's no one technical on staff anymore the server will run until it crashes or their hosting companies shut them off due to non payment for services.

Well, fuck. I was so pissed on Thursday that I uninstalled the game. I would've played over the four day weekend.

Original Poster1 point · 8 months ago

I almost did the same on Friday. I'm glad I kept in on my Xbox as I spent Sunday knocking out achievements.

And thus, And era ends.. RIP MHO1 point · 8 months ago

ITs still up. Lets keep it this way...

Original Poster1 point · 8 months ago

I'd love for it to stay up at least until Dec 31st.

And thus, And era ends.. RIP MHO1 point · 8 months ago

Actually, I keep saying this. IT would be a great sunset, Especially during the weekend

Nothing beats the remake. That Jayden Smith is going places

Original Poster1 point · 8 months ago

I have a feeling you meant to reply to the guy who said he sat around watching karate kid

Ha, yes indeed.

I hope it’s still 12/31. I would hope Gaz would at least announce shutting down early after they made it clear it wouldn’t be until the end of the year. Who knows at this point though.

It’s not. There’s no one at Gaz to make sure the game doesn’t fall over anymore so they’ll close it soon. Marvel wanted The last day to be 11/24 but it looks like we managed to keep it going a little while longer (I personally heard it may last until Monday if we’re lucky)

There’s actually 0 concrete evidence to back the 11/24 thing since it was only what one former employee said not from an official statement. There’s more reason then not to still think end of December since everything else is just rumors floating around that have 0 verification

On 11/24, there was a timer on the items page counting down to 9PM EST. Of course nothing happened when it hit 0.

Was there? I know every time I logged in it kept giving me a notification something new was in the store with nothing that was the only thing I saw figured it was bugged out for when item deals would rotate but not being updated obviously

Not the ingame items page, the one on the website. When it hit zero, it was replaced with Deadpool.

That's a fan site. It's not affiliated with Gazillion, so their countdown was just a guess.

Hi, I'm a bot for linking direct images of albums with only 1 image

Source | Why? | Creator | ignoreme | deletthis

That’s so damn weird

I’m another former employee saying what I’ve been told lol

I did 8 straight hours last night to get all the trophies. I didn't think it would be 11/24, but people were fairly keen on saying it was that date.

I wonder if the Friday shutdown was just a way to get people out of the office and the 31 December timeline is still correct?

No. Gaz being Gaz til the end. Still can't hit a deadline.

Earth 616's most popular Subreddit. All things Marvel Heroes Omega related.