EVE-NG: Terminal with multiple tabs

Hi,

I'm sorry for asking but I can't find a solution to use another terminal than Putty. I like Putty but it doesn't support multiple tabs so I wanna use SuperPuTTY. it drives me crazy when you're using many routers and you need to swap between many PuTTY terminals. I can't stand it and don't wanna leave EVE-NG because of it.

I know it can be done because on an official EVE-NG YouTube channel I saw an instructor using another Terminal with the mentioned support.

Here is exampe :https://youtu.be/82M9vpx5UAU?t=11m58s

Thanks in advance.

Look into mRemote NG or RoyalTS

Make your own flair1 point · 3 months ago

2nd this. Been using it for over a year and I'm a happy camper ^

FortiFlair3 points · 3 months ago

Well, I'm not sure if this helps you or not, but the program the guy is using in the video you linked is called SecureCRT. It's a very awesome and flexible terminal program available here.

Original Poster1 point · 3 months ago

I installed it but when I click on a router it still opens PuTTY.

FortiFlair1 point · 3 months ago

There's probably some sort of program association you'd need to set up. Unfortunately I'm not sure what that would be, but perhaps /u/onyx9 knows based on his comment.

CCNP R&S, CCDP1 point · 3 months ago

You can use any tool you want. You just have to change the default program in your PC/Mac to that tool.

Original Poster1 point · 3 months ago

In Windows 10 looks impossible.

CCNP R&S, CCDP1 point · 3 months ago

Umm definitely not. Just change the association.

This is what I use: http://ttyplus.com/multi-tabbed-putty/. I think this will solve the issue you’re having.

This page will help: http://eve-ng.net/downloads/windows-client-side-pack

Reg files included for other SSH clients (and you can use them to modify for another preferred client).

This is a good well featured client: mobaxterm.mobatek.net

Original Poster1 point · 3 months ago

Hey thx. I always downloaded the pack to make it work but I didn't think about editing reg files.

Mobaxterm

I use MobaXTerm, and i save the session to a folder so i can open them when i return to the lab. Have a different folder for each lab, works well for me, it doesn't take long to set up

Check out superputty, too. It's a tabbed version of putty more or less

Original Poster1 point · 3 months ago

I mentioned SuperPuTTY in my article but thx :)

I used to use secure crt but switched to xshell 5/6 and really like it. You can rearrange tabs or even drag them out into a new window just like a web browser. They have a free home version too so worth checking out.

###Enterprise Networking Routers, switches and firewalls. Network blogs, news and network management articles. Cisco, Juniper, Brocade and more all welcome.

r/networking Rules
Rule #1: No Home Networking.
Rule #2: No Certification Brain Dumps / Cheating.
Rule #3: No BlogSpam / Traffic re-direction.
Rule #4: No Low Quality Posts.
Rule #5: No Early Career Advice.
Rule #6: Educational Questions must show effort.