Reddit Feeds

Sign up and stay connected to your favorite communities.

EVE-NG: Terminal with multiple tabs

Hi,

I'm sorry for asking but I can't find a solution to use another terminal than Putty. I like Putty but it doesn't support multiple tabs so I wanna use SuperPuTTY. it drives me crazy when you're using many routers and you need to swap between many PuTTY terminals. I can't stand it and don't wanna leave EVE-NG because of it.

I know it can be done because on an official EVE-NG YouTube channel I saw an instructor using another Terminal with the mentioned support.

Here is exampe :https://youtu.be/82M9vpx5UAU?t=11m58s

Thanks in advance.

Look into mRemote NG or RoyalTS

2nd this. Been using it for over a year and I'm a happy camper ^

FortiFlair3 points·5 days ago

Well, I'm not sure if this helps you or not, but the program the guy is using in the video you linked is called SecureCRT. It's a very awesome and flexible terminal program available here.

Original Poster1 point·5 days ago

I installed it but when I click on a router it still opens PuTTY.

FortiFlair1 point·5 days ago

There's probably some sort of program association you'd need to set up. Unfortunately I'm not sure what that would be, but perhaps u/onyx9 knows based on his comment.

CCNP R&S, CCDP1 point·5 days ago

You can use any tool you want. You just have to change the default program in your PC/Mac to that tool.

Original Poster1 point·5 days ago

In Windows 10 looks impossible.

CCNP R&S, CCDP1 point·5 days ago

Umm definitely not. Just change the association.

This is what I use: http://ttyplus.com/multi-tabbed-putty/. I think this will solve the issue you’re having.

This page will help: http://eve-ng.net/downloads/windows-client-side-pack

Reg files included for other SSH clients (and you can use them to modify for another preferred client).

This is a good well featured client: mobaxterm.mobatek.net

Original Poster1 point·4 days ago

Hey thx. I always downloaded the pack to make it work but I didn't think about editing reg files.

Mobaxterm

I use MobaXTerm, and i save the session to a folder so i can open them when i return to the lab. Have a different folder for each lab, works well for me, it doesn't take long to set up

Check out superputty, too. It's a tabbed version of putty more or less

Original Poster1 point·4 days ago

I mentioned SuperPuTTY in my article but thx :)

I used to use secure crt but switched to xshell 5/6 and really like it. You can rearrange tabs or even drag them out into a new window just like a web browser. They have a free home version too so worth checking out.

###Enterprise Networking Routers, switches and firewalls. Network blogs, news and network management articles. Cisco, Juniper, Brocade and more all welcome.

r/networking Rules

Rule #1: No Home Networking.
Rule #2: No Certification Brain Dumps / Cheating.
Rule #3: No BlogSpam / Traffic re-direction.
Rule #4: No Low Quality Posts.
Rule #5: No Early Career Advice.
Rule #6: Educational Questions must show effort.