Help needed in collecting Netflow data on non-CISCO router

I need help in collecting netflow data on a TP Link router with the default firmware. I am currently using tshark and getting the PCAP files which I can convert to CSV or any other format. I am facing issues in converting the PCAP files to netflow format. Can anyone suggest any way of collecting netflow data on my router or a good way of converting PCAP to Netflow format?

Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks!

Moderator | Infrastructure Architect5 points · 3 months ago

nTop + nProbe.

Original Poster1 point · 3 months ago

I'm not sure, but is nProbe free to use? Doesn't it have a limit on the number of flows collected in the community edition?

Moderator | Infrastructure Architect1 point · 3 months ago

I think you'd be better served asking those questions of the nTop dev team or message boards.

You will be better off doing something like ntopng instead. Trying to convert pcaps to netflow on the fly is going to be painful.

Original Poster1 point · 3 months ago

Can you please help me in using ntopng to convert pcap to netflow? I've searched the internet, and I couldn't find anything helpful. PS: I'm new to network traffic collection.

CCIE #19371 point · 3 months ago

There's an old app called "softflowd" that can convert PCAP files to netflow format, but it appears to be *nix-based. I also found a Python program called "pcap-converter" that claims to be able to do the same thing. I've never used either of these tools before, so I can't speak to how well they may or may not work.

Hope this helps - Good luck!

obsessed with NetKAT1 point · 3 months ago

will pmacct fit? try to get pmacct to fit on your LEDE/OpenWRT image.

###Enterprise Networking Routers, switches and firewalls. Network blogs, news and network management articles. Cisco, Juniper, Brocade and more all welcome.

r/networking Rules
Rule #1: No Home Networking.
Rule #2: No Certification Brain Dumps / Cheating.
Rule #3: No BlogSpam / Traffic re-direction.
Rule #4: No Low Quality Posts.
Rule #5: No Early Career Advice.
Rule #6: Educational Questions must show effort.