Archived

North Arlington is #8 on MONEY's best places to live list

Morris County2 points · 11 months ago

Also:

Saddle Brook is #24

Parsippany is # 33

Clifton is # 36

Always interested in how honest these people come up with these lists. Is it opinion? Just can't tell. I grew up next to Parsippany and tried to avoid it at all times, yet it's listed at #33 in the country? I could name 50 better towns in nj.

Original Poster4 points · 11 months ago

It's very data-driven, you can see our methodology here: http://time.com/money/4939980/choosing-best-places-to-live-2017/

Yeah, I'm curious as well. I grew up in North Arlington and while it has its charm, there was nothing outstanding about it where it would place 8th in the country.

Such a random place to pick.

Comment deleted11 months ago(1 child)
North Arlington1 point · 11 months ago

As someone that grew up in NA, I agree as well. NA is nice and peaceful but there's nothing outstanding about it really. Reading the reason why it was picked number eight, you can pretty much make that argument for almost every town in the area. Some of those towns do it a lot better than NA as they have more of a downtown and more things to do. Who really goes to North Arlington to hang out really? I have lived in the town for over twenty years and I always go to places outside of town to hang out and do activities.

lol theres not much to offer in North Arlington, take away its proximity to NYC and it wouldnt make the list at all.

NJ Has Everything0 points · 11 months ago

The Money Website is like cancer to my computer, so I couldn't even begin to explore their methodology.