Verne Troyer, best known as Mini-Me in "Austin Powers," has died

2.6k comments

It's awful how the people who make everyone else so happy can be so sad.

He had to live his whole life with an affliction I would not want anyone to have, I’m not surprised if it eventually took toll on his mind and got the better of him. You can’t deny it may have been a huge factor in his illness

He can play the jester, the foil, the man who makes people laugh but he still had to be who he was his whole life and that’s going to affect anyone

507 points · 5 months ago · edited 5 months ago

Its just... Imagine people who have a drive for something, a fire that fuels their passion. To be the best they can be.

Now, imagine our fire being self-destruction and self-loathing. It never ends and its not even a battle, it's a damned war. And it strives to be the best it can be, to destroy us.

But, we also know what it means to be sad or in a bad mood, so we project the opposite, because we dont want others to feel that way. Other people often tell me how happy I appear, but I am but a shell of what I once was. I am a joker, I make other people laugh and I am the good listener, because I truly understand strife. But I am naught what I appear to be. I am not happy.

Rest in peace, Verne. I dont blame you, but I'll miss you.

Comment deleted5 months ago(8 children)

You're very kind and I appreciate you.

But, I would actually prefer your offer going to someone else as I am not doing terribly bad, contra a few years ago. I'll finish my BA next year and I'm not homeless anymore, so yay!

Seriously though, I really appreciate your offer, but I will be ok. Its dark, but I have lost too many people to suicide to be able to do it myself. If you wanna ask something, please do!

If not, I hope life treats you well and keep being kind! :)

Comment deleted5 months ago(0 children)

16 more replies

9 more replies

"But doctor... I am Pagliacci" :(

For anyone who doesn't know this one:

A man goes to a doctor. He says he's depressed, life seems harsh and cruel. He feels all alone in a threatening world where what lies ahead is vague and uncertain. The doctor says, "Treatment is simple, the great clown Pagliacci is in town tonight. Go and see him. That should pick you up." The man bursts into tears and says "But doctor...I am Pagliacci!"

610 points · 5 months ago · edited 5 months ago

The Pagliacci version is from the Watchmen comic. Pagliacci is not the name of a clown, it's Italian for "clowns" and the name of an opera. The original joke refers to a real clown named Grimaldi. The main character of Pagliacci is called Canio.

It felt weird. I speak Spanish and I knew Paglacci is "payasos"

It sounded like "go and watch clowns, but I' clowns"

Then who the fuck was phone?!

24 more replies

22 more replies

4 more replies

Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtain.

"Tonight, a comedian died in New York. Somebody knows why."

None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with YOU. You're locked up in here with ME.

Never compromise, not even in the face of Armageddon

4 more replies

9 more replies

Comment deleted5 months ago(18 children)
Comment deleted5 months ago(0 children)

Like Robin Williams :(

Comment deleted5 months ago(0 children)

But he had long before struggled with depression

10 more replies

16 more replies

5.8k points · 5 months agoGilded1

I wish he could have felt all the smiles he put on people's faces all at once before he died. Nobody deserves to go through that kind of mental suffering. I wish there was something more we could do for good folks like him.

1.9k points · 5 months ago · edited 5 months ago

This is one of his last comments on reddit, 3 months ago.

To get comments and reactions like this, is one of the reasons why I love doing what I do. Thanks for the nice words and I'm glad I could put a smile on your face

17 more replies

He had such a huge heart, he never failed to make me laugh and smile.

2 more replies

Honestly there isn't much to be done, but you can try donating to the American Suicide Prevention Foundation or any like it. That's what I do and I like to think it somehow helps someone out there.

I'm sure your donations have contributed to the salary of suicide hotline operators, your donation absolutely has made a difference. As someone who has struggled with suicidal ideation their entire lives I'd like to say thank you.

No need to thank me. I do what I can because I've been there before. I was lucky enough to never attempt, but I had several thoughts and thought I'd never get better so I decided to try and make a difference. That's why I personally donate, but also have a webstore where some products have proceeds go to the cause.

1 more reply

Comment deleted5 months ago(1 child)

1 more reply

Your post touched my heart.

15 more replies

Verne was real active on Reddit, but I'm glad to say that every time he posted it seemed like he got a ton of positive responses, and he was himself a very genuine person.. he'll be missed!

Indeed. The post he made about stacking up donuts as tall as himself will always be remembered, the dude was even wearing Yeezys in the photo. Loved it.

1 more reply

Haha the greatest shitposter of them all! Love you Verne!

6 more replies

1 more reply

Reddit Secret Santa legend, bestower of karma, and a seemingly nice human. He will be missed.

He had a tough life. And definitely wasn't prepared for his fame. But he always seemed to have a great heart and appreciate his fans. This sucks, especially considering the apparent circumstances...

RIP Verne!

"During this recent time of adversity, he was baptized while surrounded by his family," the statement added."

that seems like a strange thing to add in an obit. no?

2.0k points · 5 months ago

Perhaps it points to him preparing to die.

76 more replies

1.3k points · 5 months ago

If you read between the lines, it looks like a suicide attempt left him on life support, where his family had him baptized.

1.4k points · 5 months ago · edited 5 months ago

My dad, a lifelong atheist, was baptized while unconscious on his deathbed. It kind of pissed me off (seems like a violation, he had 54 years to make up his mind on the subject) but it brought my mom comfort so I didn't make a fuss. RIP Verne!

but it brought my mom comfort so I didn't make a fuss.

I think you made the right call. I'm an atheist but tbh if my wife or mom got comfort out of doing some religious mumbo jumbo ceremony when I'm not even conscious to experience it, that'd be fine by me. Dying can be hard, but death is only hard for the living.

1.4k points · 5 months ago

"Death is only hard for the living."

Simply stated but truly profound. And true.

/Source: my heart attack stopped my heart for nearly four lovely, peaceful, blissful minutes. No pain whatsoever. It was beautiful. But I know the event was a lot tougher for my kids and my parents...

//Sorry for over-sharing but your comment really got me.

Death is only hard for the living.

As someone whose best friend committed suicide recently, this is really hitting home for me. His note suggested he thought he was doing us all a favor, making things easier, somehow. Obviously, that couldn’t have been further from the truth.

RIP, Kyle.

I’m sorry. I just got back from a funeral today of an acquaintance who committed suicide. You often don’t realize the sheer reach of a person's life until they’re gone.

2 more replies

Sorry m8 this is the hardest thing I've probably ever had to deal with myself. Stay strong for the people around you because they need you more than you know

My condolences. I too lost one of my best friends from Suicide. Got the date tattooed on my right wrist. Eleven years later and I still remember the day it happened. Till this day no other day in my life my brain memorized to the T. Every detail of that day is as fresh as yesterday. It’s going to be a really tough few years. Never be embarrassed or shy to reach out to talk to someone about it because it does help a lot. Best of luck and keep your head up. Sorry for taking you message and turning it into my life story.

9 more replies

This brings comfort to me regarding my inevitable demise.

304 points · 5 months ago · edited 5 months ago

Screw that. Peaceful nothingness is still nothingness. I want to fucking exist.

EDIT: I love how a website full of people who throw a fit if you don't cite an article to prove that toothpaste is good for yoour teeth is trying to convince me that death, a thing that no one has ever been able to tell us about with certainty, really isn't all that bad.

You have an existence bias.

I’m right there with this guy. I want to be.

But you can't exist forever. So it's nice to think that it'll be peaceful when it happens.

34 more replies

5 more replies

would you mind sharing more about your experience?

All weekend I had intense bouts of heartburn. Finally late Monday night on MLK day, near midnight, it started all over again, even worse. No arm pain or what you may call classic symptoms. Then I threw up, then took a shower to clean up and release the pressure in my chest. I laid on the floor of the shower and suddenly realized I didn't want my kids to find me like this. Called 911. Operator had me chew 4 low dosage aspirin which I coincidentally had bought by accident.

Ambulance came. Pumped me full of nitro glycerin and a few minutes later was wheeling me down the halls of the ER. I remember telling the staff I felt feint. I remember holding on to a nurse's hand the whole time. Next thing I know the doc says he restarted my heart. I puked again and was gone again.

When I awoke I was in recovery with a single stent propping open my widow maker which had been 100% clogged.

While I was out, I remember simply floating in blue. It was wonderful and timeless and perfect. Thinking back on it, I've always had a small guilt that I wasn't thinking about my kids or family or friends--just about how wonderfully peaceful I felt...

A few days later the ER team came to check on me. I asked who held my hand. The doctor responded by saying no one did--everyone in the room has an urgent job to do...

Now, was the peaceful blue a chemical reaction in the brain that makes death easier? Was the hand a figment of my imagination? Probably yes to both. I'm not a religious man. But I take much less for granted now...

This is fascinating. Thank you for sharing.

That’s amazing, thank you!

I have panic attacks and I’m constantly afraid of heart attacks/death in general, so this was actually really reassuring to hear. Thanks for sharing

30 more replies

Death is lighter than a feather, duty is heavier than a mountain.

5 more replies

57 more replies

30 more replies

I like to imagine your dad wouldn't mind it too much either if it brought your mom comfort.

Idk why but that hit me hard.

12 more replies

I'm also a staunch lifelong atheist, and my position is that my family can do whatever the fuck it wants with my body after I croak. Forbidding them from baptising me or burying me in a certain fashion would be to admit that they were right all along.

Throw me in the traaaash Charlie!

1 more reply

Damn. I’m in your same position and never thought about it that way, but I think I agree. Like...if it’s all inconsequential nonsense anyway, why not let them have their moment?

I agree to an extent. My mom doesn't care what kind of religious nonsense is done, but she absolutely does not want anybody going into debt over her funeral. She said that if there is some sort of afterlife she would absolutely throw a fit if she knew people took on a financial burden they couldn't afford because of her death. So her logic is "have your moment, but do it as cheaply as possible".

5 more replies

22 more replies

47 more replies

80 more replies

I think you’re right

23 more replies

7 more replies

Was he newly religious? If it was important to him recently but not before, it could be a way to signal to religious friends/family that he didn't leave unbaptized, which I gather to be an important part of that faith's belief system.

He was raised Amish as a kid, but according to Wikipedia, his family left the religion when he was young.

23 more replies

He was born into an Amish family, but they left the community when he was young.

33 more replies

9 more replies

Member of what is possibly the weirdest "rule-of-three", ever

409 points · 5 months ago · edited 5 months ago

Barbara Bush and who else? Carl Kassel? Art Bell?

Seems like a lot of people died this week

Edit Avicii oh yeah. It slipped my mind completely.

Alternate rule of 3s:

Carl Kassel

Art Bell

Harry Anderson.

684 points · 5 months ago · edited 5 months ago

Barbara Bush

Avicii

Verne Troyer

EDIT: I didn’t forget Gunny just didn’t think he was as famous [on reddit] as the 3 I listed. Regardless, being the WW2 fanatic I am, Gunny saddened me the most. Mail Call was one of the few shows my dad and I always watched together.

Comment deleted5 months ago(5 children)

Wrestling legend Bruno Samartino

4 more replies

Don’t forget Bruno Sammartino

21 more replies

We're just ignoring R. Lee Ermey now, are we?

Reddit is the kind of guy that would fuck a person in the ass and not even have the goddamn common courtesy to give him a reach-around.

Hell, I like you Reddit. You can come over to my house and fuck my sister.

3 more replies

Well no shit. We've got a fucking comedian over here, Private Joker.

13 more replies

20 more replies

34 more replies

Art Bell died!?

on Friday the 13th too

Rip. He kept me awake and laughing on many a night shift.

44 points · 5 months ago · edited 5 months ago

Yeah for sure. Art Bell is a fucking legend, born for radio and a master entertainer. Plus he really solidified the fringe/paranormal/conspiracy talkshow space. He will be missed

My wife always used to have a radio playing at night. I fell asleep listening to Coast to Coast AM every night for years. No matter how out there his guest was, he always treated the subject with seriousness and professionalism. Even when the person he was talking to was clearly nuts, he still managed to make the show interesting and entertaining. I didn't really realize how good he was until he started stepping away from broadcasting and they started getting other people to fill in for him.

14 more replies

Oh shit I didn’t know Carl Kassel died :(

Most of the NPR national shows have done amazing tributes to him(Morning Edition, All Things Considered, etc.). He seemed like an amazing guy all around!

Wait Wait Don't Tell Me had a nice piece on him and his role in the show as well.

6 more replies

3 more replies

Also R. Lee Ermey. But hey Dick Cheney's still alive, so we got that going for us.

You know what the difference between Dick Cheney and R Lee Ermey is?

When Dick Cheney shoots you, you survive.

16 more replies

22 more replies

17 more replies

25 more replies

This is so sad. Mr. Troyer seemed like such a friendly, down to earth man. I always enjoyed reading his responses on Reddit, and I hope he is at peace now.

We really lost a great man :(

11 more replies

13.3k points · 5 months agoGilded1

May /u/vernetroyer rest in peace.

[Recent photo of the late, great & and beloved Verne Troyer with the Chewbacca actor Jonas Suotamo.] (https://i.imgur.com/wgaqGeg.jpg)

The Chewbacca actor isn’t /u/PeterMayhew? ;)

Not this time around. But here is he with Peter Mayhew as well.

And to /u/PeterMayhew, my sympathies. I know you enjoyed your get togethers with Vern.

Peter Mayhew is now a Chewbacca consultant but I remember reading that his knees were giving him trouble and making it painful for him to wear the suit so they changed actors in EP 8.

They actually changed in Ep. 7. Mayhew is Chewie during the scene where he's laying down on the Falcon, but the rest is Suotamo.

4 more replies

5 more replies

4.2k points · 5 months ago · edited 5 months ago

Seriously seemed like such a great, down-to-earth dude with a brilliant sense of humor. Reddit's gonna be heartbroken. RIP

Edit: sounds like it was suicide. Fuck me... that's so sad.

Suicide in a slow, back-handed way it would seem, specifically a self-destructive relapse of alcoholism that apparently left him on life support, according to TMZ. Terrible news in any case.

Oh wow, I had no idea he was an alcoholic. Sounds like a possibly similar situation to Avicii. How sad.

I guess you never saw him on the surreal life 13 years ago.

I felt so bad for him on that show. I wanted to reach into the TV and give him a hug.

44 more replies

I’ve never been to TMZ before...read the comments there and I think that is the most cancerous place on the internet I’ve ever seen.

13 more replies

God that's awful.. He always made me smile when I saw him on reddit. Poor guy

5 more replies

Last post was about pasta. That's what I am doing tonight.

Tbh I hate that everyone is flooding his posts now saying stuff like “RIP”, I really would’ve rather preserved them how they were

5 more replies

Verne’s pasta way. :(

16 more replies

Comment deleted5 months ago(68 children)
Comment deleted5 months ago(0 children)
Comment deleted5 months ago(0 children)
Comment deleted5 months ago(0 children)
Comment deleted5 months ago(0 children)

Wait a minute...

You got me with tinyurl

7 more replies

14 more replies

19 more replies

4 more replies

18 more replies

TMZ said he was suicidal and drunk earlier in the month and was being treated for alcohol poisoning since then. On some sort of life support. He always seemed so positive and upbeat. Just shows that everyone has demons.

18 more replies

Always weird to me that usernames everywhere are just kinda ghosts on the internet once the owner dies.

You never really die, your post and comment history lives on.

So leave a history worthy of remembrance.

334 points · 5 months ago · edited 5 months ago

They say you die twice. The day you stop breathing and the day people can no longer upvote you because your threads have been locked.

Six months, fam.

4 more replies

4 more replies

14 more replies

5 more replies

One of us.

He truly was a celebrity Redditor that took it to the next level. RIP my dude.

He was a great redditor. All his posts were OC. They were funny or interesting. He interacted with the people who commented on his posts.

It seems a weird eulogy, but "he was a great redditor" isn't the worst thing to be remembered for.

plus his participation in Secret Santa alone is noteworthy.

His gifts were legendary. Every time someone received them it was automatically front page material, either through /r/pics or /r/videos. He made people feel special.

He sure did. RIP friend.

6 more replies

2 more replies

I’d say most of us are definitely not “great redditors”, so he was one in a million.

Just the two of us.

We can make it if we try

Just the two of us. YOU AND I.

9 more replies

May he shitpost in peace

I just remember that shark suit. I want him back :(

We all do 😭

206 points · 5 months ago · edited 5 months ago

Oh damn, I didn't so I went looking.
Edit: Words are hard sometimes, didn't know about the shark suit, of course I want mini-me back.

4 more replies

Vern has been one of Reddit's stall-worth contributors for years, showing up in threads over the years to drop great comments, sometimes inconspicuously, and share amazing content. RIP bud.

...you mean stalwart?

No, a stall-worth redditor is someone who is worthy of being read while you're sitting in a bathroom stall using your phone. It is the highest title our community may bestow

8 more replies

33 more replies

Years ago during an AMA Verne was asked who his biggest role model was growing up and he answered:

"My parents. They never treated me any different than my other average sized siblings. I used to have to carry wood, feed the cows and pigs and farm animals."

RIP, u/vernetroyer

It looks like he was last active a couple months ago - up until then looks like he got on reddit way more than most celebrities tend to. A sad loss a good person.

Evidently he was admitted to the hospital for alcohol poisoning not long after his last reddit post. :(

8 more replies

11 more replies

"Are you sure you don't have a little clone in you?

Would you like to?"

RIP, man.

1.7k points · 5 months ago

I am so sad that this man was so tormented that he would literally drink himself to death. RIP little guy.

Depression will do that to ya :(

And he was so nice trying to make other people happy... Rest in peace.

The jesters of society pay a heavy price. While they work to make others laugh, very few people notice the fact that they do not.

Whenever this happens, I'm reminded of a quote from the Watchmen graphic novel, although variations of it date back for centuries, using various names for the clown/jester.

“Heard joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Says life seems harsh and cruel. Says he feels all alone in a threatening world where what lies ahead is vague and uncertain. Doctor says, "Treatment is simple. Great clown Pagliacci is in town tonight. Go and see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. Says, "But doctor...I am Pagliacci.”

One of my all time favorite graphic novels. So many damn good quotes

3 more replies

On behalf of all of us who suffering fuck depression.

Best piece of advice I've heard was from Adam Corolla. He said he had it bad and in his truck there was this soda can on the ground. It kept rolling around for months. The day he decided to pick it up was the day he started to get better. I think the point is even the small things can help shape your recovery. It's rough I'm not pretending it's not but rather than decide to run a marathon tomorrow pick up your room or make your bed today.

I've noticed a correlation with the state of my room and depression. Especially when dishes pile up. The moment I get one part organized, I organize the rest, then go on with organizing my life again.

This is true. I’ve been living in a state of chaos for weeks. Teetering on the edge of falling back into my depression. I’m glad I read this. I’m going to get up tomorrow, put on some hardcore rap, and clean the shit out of my house.

8 more replies

21 more replies

I don't know if you guys remember.. but he was on some reailty TV show where he got wasted and pissed on stuff.. he seemed to over do it many times.. it wasnt hard for his size.. if you think about it over drinking for his ratio would be way too easy. A shot is like 12 for me

Surreal Life - Season 4

Kept falling off his scooter too. Pissed in plants. Was sad to watch, to be honest.

Maybe I imagined this but I swear there was an episode where he passed out in his scooter while also trying to pee or maybe didn’t close his pants , not sure

Pretty sure it was all that. I believe vanilla ice was there to witness as well

5 more replies

I'm glad I didn't see him like this. I just want to remember him as the hilarious "Mini Me" and to savior the laughs that his character brought to me.

You should watch his YouTube Channel then. It's one of the reasons why I was blindsided by his death.

2 more replies

Did he have a drinking problem? Sorry I don’t know anything about his personal life

Comment deleted5 months ago(3 children)

His friend said he was upset and suicidal. He was held for 72 hours and released. I'm willing to bet he killed himself. Whether it be he drank to much and laid down the wrong way or was in a tub or something. Or he did it on purpose another way.

The message on his facebook announcing his untimely demise indeed contained a message about suicide in general and opening about it and looking for help if you (the reader) felt suicidal...

24 more replies

Alcoholism kills - maybe not now, but it will always end up swallowing you in the end.

Anyone reading this - if you know someone you care about who you suspect might have a real (like daily) drinking problem, go do everything you can to support them.

Usually people like that tend to recluse when it gets bad. Don't wait for something bad to happen, by then it could be too late.

This is so true.

My mom lapsed into her old ways, despite being sober for over 15 years. She died exactly 6 years ago today, at age 64. Her alcoholism was on hold for awhile, but in the end she let it consume her completely. My dad didn't know what to do, and her old friends who went to help her were turned away at the door. She just refused to get help or change her ways.

She refused to eat, and became a stick figure, spending all her energy and money on alcohol. With no health insurance, and no ability to pay for care, she got worse and worse.

After he got home from work, he found her on her bed. She had been dead for several hours.

She died of liver failure.

My heart goes out to you. I hope you can find a sense of healing, peace, and strength today.

8 more replies

20 more replies

17 more replies

1.3k points · 5 months agoGilded1

Petition to post a mini-me, Reddit alien on the front page for the next month.

I bet he would love this. He always seemed to enjoy a great joke

This is a great idea, I wonder how we could make it happen?

5 more replies

Original Poster684 points · 5 months ago

I'm now seriously bummed.

I don't like April

Yeah, she's a real bitch.

The Karen of months

The Tammy of months

4 more replies

6 more replies

10 more replies

6 more replies

You still complete me

1 more reply

the statement included this passage: "Depression and suicide are very serious issues. You never know what kind of battle someone is going through inside. Be kind to one another."

If you're depressed and suicidal, talk to someone. You will be amazed at how many friends you have. Just try. Trust me, it works.

If you can't find someone, talk to me in the meantime. I'm on Reddit every day. (But get some friends fast because I'm pretty lame.)

Yeah I say the same thing to people all the time and I mean it. Unfortunately I don't think it's typical. Most people offer to help but don't actually want to hear any of it, they don't know how to react and will often distance themselves.

12 more replies

33 more replies

Oh man gone wayy too soon. RIP little tripod

9 more replies

Yeah he was great as Mini-Me and all, but /u/vernetroyer was also a great Redditor and genuinely seemed like a good guy.

So about 45 minutes ago a coworker made a joke saying he was excited for the "prequel trilogy to Austin Powers". I joked that they should do a Mini-Me spinoff and he asked how old Verne Troyer was. I replied with I though he died a year or two ago. Neither of us could remember so I googled Verne Troyer. Top result: "Verne Troyer dies..." posted 13 minutes ago.

It was so weird.

Don't you fucking dare Google Stan Lee.

4 more replies

7 more replies

This one hurts. He was one of us.

He was not a friendless loser!

3 more replies

It sucks because he was so active on reddit. Not really a celeb who'd just post promotionally or comment once in a while on a post about them. Austin Powers movies were some of my favorites growing up. He always brought a smile to my face on film, or on reddit. We lost one of our own.

Also, he's listed as an actor in his sex tape on imdb. That seems... unnecessary.

5 more replies

It's breathtaking to think that someone who inspired all the positive comments in this thread also felt unloved and out of place in the world enough to kill himself.

Depression is scary.

All the kind words on the internet don't matter if nobody is kind and considerate towards you in a tangible way. I think when his sex tape was leaked by his ex he lost a lot of trust in people.

1.6k points · 5 months ago

Wow. That blows. Not only was he a celebrity. He was a redditor too.

One of ours has passed this day guys. He was one of us.

As an example, one of his recent reddit comments. And a reason why I'm bummed too.

What's his account name?

I don't think beetlejuicing is gonna work this time, boys.

4 more replies

Sad thought: the /u/vernetroyer account now suddenly has loads of notifications, but no one will ever clear them.

People rarely log out of their accounts, or they use some kind of password save feature. I imagine his family could get onto his account if they wanted.

9 more replies

28 more replies

It's such a shame that many people who provide us with so much joy deal with chronic depression. RIP Mr. Troyer.

26 more replies

The mentions of depression and suicide are very emotive.

Take care of each other, no one else is going to do it.

Fuck. Yesterday Avicii and today Verne? :'(

Also, here is a post from his official verified Instagram on the matter

R.I.P.

12 more replies

Harry Anderson Barbara Bush Bruno Sammartino Avicii R. Lee Ermey

Death has been busy this week.

28 points · 5 months ago · edited 5 months ago

Death is always grinding. #zerodaysoff #nosleep #everydayimhustlin

6 more replies

Comment deleted5 months ago(8 children)

8 more replies

Think I'll pop in Goldmember tonight.

1 more reply

Dammit. This man might've been short in stature, but had a colossal heart. This sucks.... and hurts. I wish he knew how special he was and how loved he will always be.

Rest in Peace Vern

So sad to hear this. He was someone who made me smile in many ways in films and through his posts on Reddit. I'm battling with depression myself and have decided I need to get some tablets again to help me and then to do other things to make me happy too. I just got a new cat to help me partly as I've always had a cat and it's like I'm missing part of me when I don't have one. It's given me something to want to improve myself for.

If anyone else is battling please try to find something that keeps you smiling and keeps you going. Keep fighting it.

3 more replies

The cnn headline pissed me off more than the actual news of Vern’s death....their headline was “mini me dies” basically.....I mean come on man he has a name!!!

51 points · 5 months ago · edited 5 months ago

They did put the name in the title.

I appreciate that they put the role that he was famous for, as I didnt know his name outside his character in Austin Powers.

edit: here is the CNN article in question https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/21/entertainment/verne-troyer-obit/index.html

Yeah I agree. Most people don't keep up with every celebrities names from movies, TV, music, ECT. But they might still enjoy that person all the same.

12 more replies

I met him at Caesars Palace and asked for a photo, he asked if it was for me, I said yes. this was the result I really liked him. he was down to earth, funny entertaining, and easily approachable .. I don't like the fact that he left us.

1,073 more replies

/r/news is: real news articles, primarily but not exclusively, news relating to the United States. /r/news isn't: editorials, commercials, political minutiae, shouting, justin bieber updates, kitty pictures. For a subreddit for all news-related content (editorials, satire, etc.) visit /r/inthenews.

r/news Rules
Not news
Opinion/analysis or advocacy piece
Politics
Title not from article/editorialized title
Paywall or is blogspam/steals content
Covers an already-submitted story
Racist, sexist, vitriolic, or overly crude
Unnecessarily rude or provocative
Cheap or distracting joke or meme
Breaks sitewide rules, witchhunting