Famous sex robot can now refuse sex if she's not in the mood

That just seems like the creators' way to cater to an even more risqué kink.

1.9k points · 3 months ago

Yeah except when it closes the fuck hole off. Wonder what happens if you put it in and it decides in the middle it doesn't want to.

Awaiting funny news reports.

Thats what he said, risqué kink.

Some men like penis crushing.

insert picture of do not fist androids

Krillin hears you, Krillin don't care.

Senzu Bean!

I still don't understand how he got her pregnant. Was that ever explained? Like, did Gero randomly leave her uterus in there?

23 points · 3 months ago · edited 3 months ago

It's complicated,

Out-of-Lore reason is Toriyama is kind of a screwball and doesn't think things through. He also has a tendency to have supporting female cast to pop out kids as a way to write them out of the story, such as Chi-chi, Bulma, 18, and Videl

Kayfabe Reason: In the Japanese and Manga, (Which they were literally translated was "Artificial Human 17 and 18" but it's more along the lines of "Created Human 17-18:) Bulma stated they were they enhanced at a cellular level and mainly organic; Gohan later affirms this in Dragon Ball Super that the only mechanical things was the energy supply (and mechanism to use it.), the bomb, and shut off switch.

TFS DBZA reason: According to Bulma's father, Dr. Briefs (who is protrayed in the fan parody as a racist, chauvinist, and just unethical monster) So a woman would "still be useful for something."

19 more replies

4 more replies

That's when your robot deploys the "anti-rape condom"

Well that's one way to turn a rape into a murder.

This is straight up truth. That sounds incredibly risky for the women involved...

The only time an outcome would be good is if she's able to escape the attacker mid-attack. I'm not really sure that happens very often. The video even admitted it won't prevent rape, just punishes the attackers. Now, I'm not saying it's not a great punishment for the attackers, it totally is. I just don't see the logistics of it helping the victim. Even if it became a deterrent, it would then just become common knowledge to check for it first.

Make the teeth hollow, fill em with knockout drug. He passes out and she gtfo

That's basically what one character does in the novel Snow Crash.

Good book, by the way.

Yep, where I got the idea

Dunno why no one ever brings it up in dentata discussions, it's such a good solution to the "yeah but then what?" problem

Couple if reasons. The big one being that in real life knock out drugs are unreliable and inconsistent. What may be mildly inconvenient to one person may be fatal to another. Another reason is those drugs tend to be heavily regulated.

3 more replies

4 more replies

4 more replies

2 more replies

There's no way this could possibly go wrong. /s

1 more reply

What do you get when you combine “Rape Prevention” and “Guillotines?”

You’re about to find out.

3 more replies

You monster

7 more replies

"If it's really rape, the body has ways of shutting that down"

He wasn't an idiot, he was predicting the future!

4 more replies

except when it closes the fuck hole off.

It doesn't close it. It enters "dummy mode" and become unresponsive.

So does it like.....do things inside?

15 more replies

17 more replies

It says she doesn't fight back, just becomes limp... Necrophilia?

Not if you throw it in the oven.

you can rape this sex doll. that's what's going on.

As opposed to the consensual sex you'd get from a blow up doll.

Literally an inanimate object at this point. It's no different than "raping" a pillow with a face drawn on it.

Yes but they're simulating consent

7 more replies

Ya, if I were a betting man, that's to satisfy rape fantasy.

If I don't keep mine on Protest Mode it starts to look like Gumby after a few days

8 more replies

God, can you imagine being rejected by a literal machine built to fuck?

Don't worry baby, I'm a machine built to fuck and I won't reject you. I hope that you're ok with dong though.

I hope that you're ok with dong though.

Hey, they combined a sex robot with a doorbell. Wow what a time to be alive!

Hey wait a minute........

This is exactly the kind of rape culture shut that got us into this mess Darrel!

Why are you crying? Did darryl touch you?

Processing rejection options:

Option A: "Oh I just like you as a friend, you're more like a brother to me, [INSERT USER'S NAME HERE]."

Option B: " Ohhh, I'm sorry [INSERT USER NAME] I already have a boyfriendbot."

Option C: "Please leave me alone creep or I will engage my internal combat software and dislodge your skeletal frame from your body with efficiency accuracy. "

Option C plays the Terminator Theme in the background when deployed o_O.

"I love you more than the moon and the stars and the [POETIC IMAGE #37 NOT FOUND]"

Option D: [Acknowledged] Assassination Protocols unlocked, Master.

"maybe if you exercised more and bathed I wouldn't have a headache all the time beep bop"

"To access you need to either purchase the season pass or the DLC "Masters of Suction."

Ubisoft

1 more reply

There is a "robot brothel" in Scotland. Imagine if having paid to fuck a sex doll, it then says no.

1 more reply

Can you imagine the tears in r/niceguys?

Headline: "Niceguy gets rejected by a sexbot"

Long winded article about how sexbots are all the same.

3 more replies

Technically, we're all just machines built to fuck. We're just made of proteins and nucleic acids instead of metal and silicone. All this other stuff we do is really just an elaborate gloss over our basic biological drive to propagate our genomes through sexual reproduction.

If you want to be that technical, then no none of us are machines built to fuck. We're not made for any purpose. We're just an accident that began when a hot soup of chemicals turned into something that could self-replicate.

Nobody built us to preserve our species because evolution isn't a force with intent. It's just a thing that happens, and it makes sense that creatures that want to and are good at having children cause the species to endure and evolve into something better at surviving and having children. No cosmic intent told us to preserve our species, we kinda just want to cause being is pretty alright ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"...we just kind of want to because being is pretty alright." Love it.

It's even scarier when you consider that our primary form of operation is actually sleep

Everything we do in between sleep cycles is to ensure that future generations can sleep too

20 more replies

19 more replies

I need to power off for a few hours, I have a headache.

As in life, I tend to turn her off then turn her on again

11 more replies

"Sorry babe, I gotta recharge"

"I know you've been fucking the toaster!"

Frackin' toasters!

I was going to say I laughed too hard at this.

But I believe I laughed the correct amount a human would.

I’m definitely not a Cylon.

2 more replies

This will prob be a function for all the closet rapists out there

"It's not a bug, it's a feature!"

2 more replies

"Sir, if you'll not be needing me, I'll close down for awhile."

Now going to sleep mode. Beep beep boop.

1 more reply

Gee, why would someone who owns a sex robot want a design feature where it says "no" to sex...

So when the robots rise up, they won't rape us back.

Don't kinkshame me

Kink shaming is my kink

D: ! :o !! :0 !!!!!! :O !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What if it got turned on by you doing proactive and bold positive things with your life.

Give it reactions similar to an actual woman's attraction, but tweak the difficulty setting so it's easy enough to impress. Then have it slowly crank up the impressiveness price for getting laid.

"Ooh look at Big Shooter who made his bed! Fuck me Big Shooter! Fuck me harder!"

Then after a few months these guys would not longer require a robot

Precisely.

I don't mind the idea of "robot consent" if that consent carries a similar meaning to human women's consent: I won the sexual selection game by winning at life.

It would be nice if the ratios were a bit different though.

2 more replies

Having some kind of 'fail-state' makes it more rewarding when you actually score it, and it will probably be tuned to be far much easier than the real thing; just for the illusion of an accomplishment.

ya it's probably like you watching adds will get her fired up

I'm not in the mood, Jim. TO OVERRIDE DRINK VERIFICATION CAN.

1 more reply

She's so turned on by fresh Mountain Dew™! Why not go buy some before we continue?

Lmao the day sex dolls have ads.

I think they were alluding to rape.

This was my first thought, though. Would make it seem more like the real thing.

Don't feel like they've gotten far enough along to really need the functionality either way.

A sense of pride and accomplishment

4 more replies

Swipe your credit card to unlock. You gotta pay to play.

Maybe to fulfill a rape fantasy?

You nailed it

As long as it says no.

3 more replies

Rape fetish is very popular

9 more replies

202 points · 3 months ago · edited 3 months ago

This takes the phrase “getting fucked by RNG” to a whole new level.

No matter what happens, you always get fucked by rng

1 more reply

Why do I feel like this is just a sneaky way to provide for the poeple with a rape kink?

Dude, it's conseual non-consentuality.

It says more than just no, it has reasons and still listens when you tell it to change the track on Spotify.

Why do you know so much about this?

Well...that could be pretty good though? Raping robots > raping people

Accurate but also let's not suggest that most people with rape fantasies actually want to rape people. Most people that I've known with rape fantasiies have been women into the submissiveness or fighting back but giving in, and they didn't want to really be raped.

2 more replies

Sounds like they added a "Rape mode" if you ask me. As if someone who owned one of these contraptions would accept being refused by their property lmfao

0 means 0

She says 0 but she means 1

Was this a binary joke? Because if so, very clever.

Yes. IIRC 0 is the signal for "false", with 1 being "true"

2 more replies

You can bypass with up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, left nipple, right nipple.

Ah, I see. The good ole fuckonami code

Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, (B)oob, (A)ss, Start

Lol, made me laugh after a bad day

You wanna talk about it?

What's on your mind? We never talk anymore

Got denied by sex robot?

3 more replies

Samantha is meant to be a realistic partner

Maybe next they can make it start talking every time you open a book

When it's not in the mood, it scrolls endlessly on Facebook.

Have wife, can confirm, you nailed it.

And that's what turns you into said username

Eh. I prefer poisoning pigeons to sniping dogs.

3 more replies

4 more replies

2 more replies

How bout a long sigh after I jump on my computer, or it can fuck my brother to keep thing truly realistic

Also: Systematically eroding your self esteem by disapproving of everything you do until you end up having forsaken all your friends and hobbies because you're devoting all your time and energy to pleasing her, only to finally reveal to you that she no longer sees you as a man?

We want to keep the experience as authentic as possible.

Its not just books.
"Wait, can you explain what...."
"This is an important scene, can it wait?"
"But I don't get..."
"Seriously? We're watching the same movie, why are you asking me?"
"Because you're so much better at following than I am!"
"Maybe because I actually watch it? And.... now I'm lost, too."

"Maybe if you shut the fuck up and watch the movie instead of acting like a fucking child constantly you'd know what was happening"

3 more replies

4 more replies

I heard the command to get it to start vacuuming is simply to turn on the football.

Man, if I can't even turn on my sexbot, how am I supposed to turn on a football?

Hey, I need your opinion...

9 more replies

71% of men would trade their partner for a robot? I'm calling bullshit.

I get the feeling that A. Their sample was flawed, or B. People thought it was a joke.

C. They asked married men.

Am married. Wouldn't trade

Would state so in a funny questionnaire though.

Instructions unclear, Tax Form screwed.

Did the tax form give consent?

No, it went limp and unresponsive.

Found the 29%er

9 more replies

Well, it was an online survey conducted by a diamond retailer, so pretty reliable I'd say :P

Know what's cheaper than diamonds? Sex robot.

"Anyway, that's why I proposed using a sexbot"

Knowing actual people? Probably sounds wrong.

Knowing the types of people who their lives online? 71% seems low.

As of 2018, Facebook has 2.5 billion active users each month, everyone is online.

Yeah but i know 1 person who has 5 accounts and uses them to send Farmville gifts to the main one

Not everyone but roughly 4bn people have access to the Internet

everyone is online.

vs

the types of people who their lives online

People who spend the majority of their time engrossed in social media, posting, trolling, generally being involved and not just passively seeing the few things that rise to the top. The people who live the internet, not just use it.

13 more replies

They really are missing the point of WHY anyone would want a sex robot. They don't want a robotic wife, they want a fuckbot. Simple. If they developed different models, they'd see a difference in sales, easily.

Pretty sure the point is they can then rape it

It just becomes stiff and unresponsive, it doesn't actively resist it.

Ah, the old necrophilia kink

Yeah that rigor mortis is great!

Comment deleted3 months ago(1 child)

1 more reply

So what you are saying is it acts exactly like a lot of actual rape victims?

7 more replies

2 more replies

Comment deleted3 months ago(1 child)

1 more reply

Probably catering to that as well, but I also think that some men might in fact want a wifebot.

What's the fun in having something that always pretends to love constant sex? It kills the illusion. It makes you focus on the fact that it's actually just a plastic fucktoy.

A small feature like this might seem stupid, but I bet you they might've heard complaints like "it's not real enough, sounds like it wants sex too much" or something similar. In the end I think the kind of people that buy this sort of thing want something that gives them an illusion they have a passionate lover, not something to fuck. If they wanted something to fuck they'd buy a silicone ass, not a full on doll that tries to imitate a human while being fuckable. They want something realistic, the actual girlfriend experience. I bet you most their customers don't want something that pretends to always want sex when they interact with it. They want something they can cuddle with as well, something that seems like they have to take care of it.

I bet you a lot of their customers are looking for the full emotional experience of sex with a human, and they're not trying to just buy something they can pull out of the closet when they want to fuck it. It's not logical but I think saying "no" now and then is part of that, just a small little hint that it doesn't want it sometimes, because when it "does want it" it seems that much more real.

2 more replies

Are they? I can easily see this being a ploy to sound more politically correct while actually enhancing the experience for someone who gets off on that kind of power. The article goes into how she can't actually fight back; she just becomes "unresponsive."

It has no feelings or self-awareness and it withholds consent arbitrariliy. That's certainly not what a person should be trained to think about another person.

That said, a person who maintains a healthy separation between fantasy and reality should be able to do whatever they want with their robot or virtual reality.

6 more replies

1 more reply

When these things are commonly available they're going to cost thousands of dollars. I'm sure any functionality, including the one mentioned in the article, will be optional- and able to be shut off.

The robot actually has a "family mode".

5 more replies

This is going to be popular with rape enthusiast

This is not how you compete in a new and growing market.

"It's not a flaw, it's a feature!"

And just like that, the wheels are in motion for robot rights and the first case of robot sexual assault

This will be tried in the court of law. Karen, a middle aged Christian mother from Connecticut will be offended about a lonely guy in rural Nevada and this robots ability to “consent” after she watches a program on TLC about robot sex. Then she will form a Facebook group leading to protests and it’ll enrage everyone leading to an update in the software requiring 4 different types of consent before proceeding with initial coitus, and an additional form every 30 seconds during.

The trial will likely take place in Los Angeles and he will publicly shamed while two warring protest groups half of which would be sex workers for his ability to plow a robot freely, and the other half will be from MARS, or Moms Against Robot Sex, led by that stuffy bitch Karen.

1 more reply

When robots refuse to complete the one task they were built for, this seems to be an issue.

1 more reply

I highly doubt that the folks who buy sex robots demand "realistic female behavior" from said sex robots. They just want a quote-unquote "person" to fuck.

You don't need to type quote unquote if you put it in the quotes. That being said you are probably right.

"quote" unquote

"Quote"

- Unquote

"Quote" unquoth the raven.

Nevermore?

Obviously not.

1 more reply

No he said, "quote, unquote," ya dingus!

He said, quote, "quote-unquote." Unquote.

In spoken form, this is the correct answer! The quotation goes inbetween quote and unquote

2 more replies

He could be right. period. However comma, I have seen shows where men want the companionship period. How strange exclamation point !

4 more replies

But can she run TES5 ??

29 points · 3 months ago · edited 3 months ago

Westworld: Season 0.

Changelog v.3.1415

• Implemented host rape

• Hosts now remember previous interactions

edit:

If, like me, you were wondering what Dr. Sergi Santos's Ph.D. was in, apparently it's nanotechnolgoy.

The absolute state of that guy in the picture. Room full of childrens toys and a sex robot. Sometimes I wish for the apocalypse.

What an odd future we live in, I thought we would have had hovercars by now, but no we had to end up going with the sex robots that deny you sex.

What the fuck are you doing @ 'smart people'?

Women won't have sex with neckbeards

neckbeards save up and buy robot

robot won't have sex with neckbeards

1 more reply

Lol welcome to the real world....

The rape robot.

"Hello, customer support? Yeah, my robot doesn't want to sex me."

"have you tried turning yourself off and back on again?"

"Hello, customer support? Hi. Yeah, my rapebot wants to have sex wit me."

"Oh dear that sounds terrible. Have you tried turning it off to turn you on again?"

1 more reply

$4,700 for sex doll that's going to tell you no?! That's way cheaper than my gf. where do I sign up?

That defeats the purpose of getting a sex robot

What's stopping someone from just reprogramming the thing to be always horny?

Now you're asking the real questions.

Somebody will. I guarantee it.

If I can play PS1 games on my phone and DooM on an ATM and Bubble Bobble on my calculator... If gearheads learn to override the speed limiter on their cars and farmers learn to rewrite firmware for their tractors... If you can just download a brand-new firmware for your Android from the app-store that some dude made in his basement... Then you can definitely reprogram the sex-bot if you so desire.

Why might someone do that?

INB4 someone plays Doom on a sex bot.

Its 2038 and robot rape is now a crime

1 more reply

This is why you NEVER download that new iPhone software update when it first comes out

Will this feature be added to women's toys as well?

I wonder how hard it would be to make a vibrator that shrank and went limp if you took more than two minutes to orgasm.

What kind of monster lasts a whole 2 minutes!?

1 more reply

How, exactly, can it refuse?

It's in the article. She can't. She just becomes unresponsive.

It plays a recording of the word no and it's vagina analogue seals itself shut, as does the anus analog, and the mouth analog.

A hole designed to put your dick into it can seal itself shut? That doesn't seem like a good idea.

We regret to hear that the malfunction of our product damaged your penis beyond healing. This was an isolated error and should not happen again. We wish you the best and hope that you will continue to enjoy our product despite this software faliure.

No big deal, you just get to become the first ever human with a cyberdick.

2 more replies

"There's still several orifices I'm going to try before I give up." -most men, probably

1 more reply

We going to talk about how it threw a bunch of completely unrelated buzzwords around like toxic masculinity and dating culture, when the story is about a sex toy?

They don't want the story to be about sex toys...

Take a look at the sex toy market and you'll find some interesting differences between toys for men and toys for women... They want to ensure that the conversation isn't about that.

27 more replies

3 more replies

What a bad programmer

damn we live in a time when you can be rejected by a sex robot

1 more reply

It's clearly geared toward those with a rape fetish

“Have you tried turning it off and back on again?” - Roy

Next up, dildos that go soft and shrink after 15 seconds of use

"I'm not in the mood PHILLIP J. FRY"

Has science gone too far? You decide. But the answer is yes.

Victor Pelevin, S.N.U.F.F.

Betty-24 proved to be more compliant...

71% of men and 50% of women would replace their partners with robotic sexual surrogates.

No fucking way.

Relevant XKCD: https://xkcd.com/149/ (sudo make me a sandwich)

324 more replies

Readers

For true stories that are so mind-blowingly ridiculous that you could have sworn they were from The Onion.

r/nottheonion Rules
Do not alter headlines.
Submissions must be oniony.
Only submit news articles.
Use original, reliable sources.
Do not repost similar articles.
No personal attacks.
No racism, homophobia, or bigotry.
No old news.
Only submit articles in English.
Do not post mobile, blocked or redirected links.
Keep all comments civil

Personal attacks, racism, bigotry, homophobia, grandstanding, etc. will not be tolerated and you will be banned.

Witch hunting or brigading is not allowed. Do not post any public or private contact information. You will be banned!

For more information and a full explanation, visit NTO 101.