First obligatory I am on mobile so please excuse the format.
A little background: I am from a small town in Wisconsin, a few years ago, my then boyfriend, and I decided to move in together. Which meant a long move to west coast Canada for me. We struggled financially as I did not apply for permanent residency prior to coming, so could not legally work in Canada. After a few months of hardship I took on a nannying position which helped some, but we still didn't accumulate much savings.
Fast forward a year and a half of basically living pay check to pay check we decided I would move back home to work for a while, little did we know we would also be expecting a baby. So now I feel like I am on this timeline to get things prepared for my first little one to come. I have been home about a month, with no luck finding a job (have been applying since I got here). I have been thinking about moving back to the Twin Cities, where the job market is much better, minimum wage is higher, but it would also include rent. With literally $75 to my name right now I'm just really at a loss. I know it's not an option to feel sorry for myself, I have an obligation to fulfill, but I can't ignore this clock that seems to be ticking away at me. I am expecting at the end of June, and my husband is set to get here in March. He is Native American, if he enrolls full time he can get funding (including a living expense) from his band.
I know I could apply for housing and such, what worries me is signing the affidavit of support and this impacting my ability to sponsor him to move down here.
So I guess that's where I'm at. Is it worth staying with my parents rent free and waiting for something to come up or do I take the risk of moving knowing I can get a job over in the Cities? Thank you in advance for reading through my scattered thoughts and any advice you might have for me.