- What are some good books on personal finance?
- What are some good videos about personal finance?
- Are there any free e-books about personal finance?
- What are some good blogs about personal finance?
- What are some good books on investing?
- What are some good books for more specific topics?
- What are some other resources for investing advice?
What are some good books on personal finance?
Your Money or Your Life by Vicki Robin, especially if you want to change your emotional relationship with money.
The Millionaire Next Door by Thomas Stanley, especially if you have high expenses.
The Money Book for the Young, Fabulous & Broke by Suze Orman.
I Will Teach You to be Rich by Ramit Sethi.
The Bogleheads' Guide to Investing and/or The Bogleheads' Guide to Retirement Planning, both by Larimore et al, which covers the investing philosophy espoused by most of /r/personalfinance.
A Random Walk Down Wall Street by Burton Malkiel, especially if you aren't convinced that index-investing is right for you.
The Four Pillars of Investing by William Bernstein
Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey, especially if you are in more debt than you want to be.
The Richest Man in Babylon by George Clason, for timeless advice.
Additional Authors to Consider: John Bogle, Larry Swedroe, David Swensen and Rick Ferri
What are some good videos about personal finance?
- The Bogleheads Investment Philosophy and Sound Financial Lifestyle videos by Rick Van Ness
- Khan academy "Practical Money Skills" videos:
- Australia Personal Finance course by Andrew Hingston
- Timeless advice from SNL
Are there any free e-books about personal finance?
- The Richest Man in Babylon by George Clason
- If You Can: How Millenials Can Get Rich Slowly by William J. Bernstein
What are some good blogs about personal finance?
(Please don't ask to be added to this list, sorry.)
- Get Rich Slowly - general personal finance
- The Finance Buff - general personal finance
- The Simple Dollar - general personal finance
- The White Coat Investor - personal finance for professionals (higher income topics)
- Mad Fientist - advanced strategies for financial independence and early retirement
- Mr. Money Mustache - early retirement and frugality
- jlcollinsnh - early retirement advice from a retired guy
What are some good books on investing?
A Mathematician Plays The Stock Market by John Allen Paulos, for a good overview of various investment terms in the context of the author's unfortunate dabbling in WorldCom stock.
Why Smart People Make Big Money Mistakes by Gary Belsky & Thomas Gilovich, for an accessible overview of how psychological biases affect your investments & finances.
What are some good books for more specific topics?
- Stock options and stock grants:
- Consider Your Options by Kaye A. Thomas.
- Windfalls and inheritances:
- Sudden Money: Managing a Financial Windfall by Susan Bradley and Mary Martin
- Sudden Wealth: Blessing or Burden? by David Rust
- Windfall: Managing Unexpected Money So It Doesn't Manage You by Maria Brill
- The Windfall Club: What to do When Life Deals You a Good Hand by Janne Ashton
- The Challenges of Wealth by Amy Domini (out of print and a little dated, but can be borrowed online for 14 days)
What are some other resources for investing advice?
revision by dequeuedWiki Contributor— view source