First ramen in japan at tokyo station, never been happier

I'm going japan soon and I will soon feel the same way <3

13 points · 8 days ago

You will never see Ramen the same

I completely agree. I thought I would come back from Japan really tired of eating ramen, but it's actually what I miss the most.

4 points · 7 days ago

My friend and I were just talking about how much we miss eating ramen everyday or multiple times a day..

This is true. I have little motivation to make it when I return because of how much mine pales in comparison to the stuff I’m paying $8 for out here.

You will never see food and customer service the same way. Oh and cleanliness. You rarely find trash cans. Most people bring their trash and recyclables home

17 points · 8 days ago

An experience like no other, friend. You should go to a ramen place called Kyushu Jangara, while you're in Tokyo. It's located in Akihabara. It's really, really good.

I just stumbled upon that place while I was in japan last month and it was amazing. The name sounded familiar and I never thought I’d see it mentioned again holy crap

It's great, isn't it? I went to Japan with my GF earlier this year. She's vegetarian, so we looked for restaurants before traveling. Found out Kyushu Jangara had a very famous vegan ramen, so we decided we had to try it! It was our favorite place of the whole trip. We loved it so much that we even went a second time, for our last dinner before coming back home.

Just saved this comment. I'll be in Tokyo for three weeks next month... Got 4 ramen places to visit so far. 😉

There’s a really good one by the Shimokitazawa train station, just up the street from Macdonalds - I can’t remember the name but can look it up if you’re interested. The best ramen I had in Japan was from there.

I promise you, you will love it. Incredible tonkotsu ramen.

Look for the tall APA hotel across from the AKIBA Cultures Zone or next to Mandarake, it's right around the north east corner. Pretty packed all the time, and good.

As a side note, APA is super cheap, clean, and really convenient if you want to stay in Akihabara.

6 points · 8 days ago

That looks so good! Enjoy your trip!

2 points · 8 days ago

Enjoy!! What an absolute treat. I can’t wait until I’ll be able to live that dream out one day.

T's Tantan ftw though if you are in Tokyo Station

2 points · 7 days ago

You sir, have a long way to be happy. There are TONSSSSSSSS that you wish you had the time, money and stomach space for. (also knowledge of where the hell to find the tiny good stores)

If you return to Tokyo Station check out the tsukemen place on Ramen Street

Actually, this is Rokurinsha. He just ordered the Ramen instead of the Tsukemen.

Oh excellent! That place is so good. 👍

1 point · 8 days ago

Rokurinsha! I loved it when I was there in December.

Welcome! If you need any recommendations DM me.

Which place did you hit? I've been to Rokurinsya and Hirugao - both were excellent.

1 point · 8 days ago

Looks good! Can’t wait for the moment when I finally try authentic ramen.

Is this here by any chance?

I ate there last year, is was delicious.

If you ever have the chance to go to Ikebukuro, make sure to visit Tonchin, Mutekiya, and Keika!

Wow, looks majestic and well made even with only a few visible ingredients. I can taste the umami from the screen.

My last time in Tokyo I found this place: Oreryu Japan, 〒150-0001 Tōkyō-to, Shibuya-ku, Jingūmae, 6 Chome−9, 神宮前6丁目9−14 +81 3-3486-0255

The bowl they serve with the fried chicken was beyond amazing.

0 points · 7 days ago