We’re RSRCH, this is our first single Topaz. Cheers.

Ohm sweet ohm
6 points · 1 day ago · edited 1 day ago

Hi there! My buddy and I have been making music together for about 2 years now, and this is our first piece that we feel is ready to put out into the world.

We both love synths. Together we've built quite a synth-cave! We both bounce ideas off of each other and write our songs as we record. I'd be glad to answer any questions about our process, equipment used, etc! Thanks for listening!

Random clip from safety woman, aware alert alive. lol wat. I give this man an upvote.

Original Poster1 point · 1 day ago

Hahahah, nice catch lol. She’s our muse.

Sub37|Drum&Minibrute|BS2|Virus|Circuit|Electribes|JV1080
2 points · 1 day ago

I really enjoyed this. The only thing I found a bit off putting was the drum panning. Having the snare so far off to right hand side was a bit strange...

Still, awesome stuff! I really like the jangly guitars. Gear list please!

Also, why do people hate vowels nowadays? Your name sounds like the noise my dog makes before he's sick... Haha

Ohm sweet ohm
1 point · 1 day ago · edited 1 day ago

Thanks! Panning snares definitely can be controversial but personally I like the space and dimension that it gives certain recordings. It's a more common technique used in jazz recordings and less in modern pop...I also feel like it helps with the "vintage" vibe too, back when humans first discovered stereo sound 😁...In this particular track, most snares are panned center but there's a 909 clap panned about 30-40% to the right. The drums have tons of layers!

Gear list for this track:

Drums are Korg Volca Beats, Logic ESX (acoustic kits) and Ultrabeat (808/909 sounds layered)

Bass is mostly the Arturia Microbrute

Korg Volca Keys were used heavily on this track for the '5th' synth riff and various bleeps and bloops, while the Moog Little and Slim Phatties handle the leads.

Mtron Pro is handling the mellotrons, of course, and TAL-U-NO 62 is covering the Juno-y bits.

The synth string is a 'vox humana' inspired patch I made on ES2.

Thanks for the feedback!

2 points · 1 day ago

I like the space and dimension that it gives certain recordings

agreed

2 points · 1 day ago

i wanna buy this on bandcamp btw

Original Poster1 point · 1 day ago

We’re setting it up. Thanks for the love.

Jupiter 8, Micromoog, Eurorack, Yocto, MPCX. Kontrol 88
2 points · 1 day ago

This is great

Lets jam soon boys! Maybe even put a show together?

-❤Sultan and Necromancer

Original Poster2 points · 1 day ago

Ayyyyye we were actually talking about that very idea. We’re widit for sure.. let’s keep in touch.

awesome

Boog | Microbrute | Volcas | FB-01
1 point · 1 day ago

Do y’all have a Bandcamp or anything? I’d like to listen to this off YouTube.

Boog | Microbrute | Volcas | FB-01
1 point · 1 day ago

Not sure if you meant to duplicate it, but that’s the same link from your original post.

Ohm sweet ohm
2 points · 12 hours ago

Oops! Sorry for the confusion! We're working on getting our bandcamp and soundcloud set up!

Boog | Microbrute | Volcas | FB-01
1 point · 9 hours ago

Awesome, very excited for that. This track is awesome I just hate listening to music on YouTube.

A subreddit for synthesizer topics.

r/synthesizers Rules