As many of our users are on mobile and do not understand how to view the sidebar (or take the time to read it), we am reposting it here, along with all useful links for posting on /r/tattoos.
Please note that both posts and comments in this subreddit are subject to strict moderation in order to preserve the quality of the subreddit, the links submitted, and the topics being discussed. Not familiarizing yourself with these guidelines before posting can and will result in the removal of your post, a warning, or a temporary ban (permanent in the instance of things that break site-wide rules such as doxxing or harassment).
This subreddit is intended for posting your own personal tattoos, but also includes: news, articles, tattoo flash, tattoo paintings, help/suggestion threads, and a wealth of resources. Below are some links, guidelines, and rules. Please direct any questions to the mod team.
Artists and apprentices: If you wish to post or comment as such, please get verified before doing so. Do not post or comment as an artist until this is done and you have your artist flair. Accounts must be at least 30 days old to become verified. We do not allow shop accounts. Once verified please limit self-promotion to one post per day.
- Artist name and location (shop/city) in your title (exceptions can be made if you message the moderators first).
- Color, well lit, unfiltered, non-instagram, properly cropped and rotated, close-up, CLEAR PICTURES. (Make sure we can SEE the tattoo)
- NSFW flags for NSFW posts.
- Anything that is not a picture of your own tattoo must be submitted as a self post. This means questions, sketches, flash, etc. You may not post photos of tattoos unless they are yours.
YOUR POST WILL BE REMOVED IF IT FAILS TO MEET THE ABOVE CRITERIA.
- Using the search function before posting any questions.
- Using imgur to post your pictures.
- Wanting to know about good artists in your area (please specify style).
- Constructive criticism, discussion, and debate. If you are unsure how to do this, refrain from commenting.
- Posting pictures once your tattoo is fully healed.
- Any attacks, advances, compliments or comments made on personal appearance.
- Hate speech (sexuality slurs, racial slurs, religious slurs) will get you banned permanently. Even if you think you mean it as a "joke".
- Any questions about whether a tattoo will "work" or how to add to your tattoo. Only a qualified artist will be able to answer your question and discussion on Reddit will only lead to misinformation. Ask your tattoo artist.
- ANY discussion of medical advice or aftercare, including possible allergic reaction or infection. If you are having an issue with a tattoo, return to your artist or ask a medical professional. Any and all medical questions or advice will be removed.
- Memes, rage comics, reaction gifs, "top 10" style lists, blog posts, pun threads, and other copypasta.
- Tattoos performed outside of a professional studio: prison tattoos, scratchers, bootleggers, kitchen magicians, etc. This includes tattoos done in someone's home.
- "Troll" remarks, such as "you'll regret that". Suggesting cringepics.
- Talking about pricing in any context.
- Posting work that is not yours as your own.
- Equipment discussion or buying/selling anything.
- Any contest, survey, school project, auction, promotion, or money raising event.
- Personal attacks of any kind.
- Bickering, squabbling, fighting.
- Posting THIS
- "Cake day" posts.
- Sob stories/extensive back stories in post titles. We only care about the tattoo.
Warnings will be issued as temporary bans and enforced with permanent bans.