Premise: 10 years before the Enterprise, the U.S.S. Discovery sets out to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before. The first episode will air on CBS, subsequent episodes will air only on CBS All Access.
- Sonequa Martin-Green as Michael Burnham
- Terry Serpico as Anderson
- Maulik Pancholy as Nambue
- Sam Vartholomeos as Danby Connor
- James Frain as Sarek
- Doug Jones as Saru
- Michelle Yeoh as Philippa Georgiou
- Anthony Rapp as Paul Stamets
- Chris Obi as T'Kuvma
- Shazad Latif as Ash Tyler
- Mary Chieffo as L'Rell
- Jason Isaacs as Gabriel Lorca
- Mary Wiseman as Sylvia Tilly
- Rainn Wilson as Harry Mudd
- Kenneth Mitchell as Kol
- Rekha Sharma as Landry
- Damon Runyan as Ujilli
- Clare McConnell as Dennas
- Wilson Cruz as Hugh Culber
The show will premiere at approximately 8:30 PM ET (football may alter this time) on CBS and CBS All Access (a subscription streaming service). Following the premiere of the pilot, the second episode will become available on CBS All Access. Subsequent episodes will be available at 8:30 PM ET on Sundays.
Both episodes will premiere on the Space Channel at 8:30 PM ET, with subsequent episodes airing at 8:30 PM on Sundays. Space subscribers will have the episodes available in the Space GO app, and the show will also stream exclusively on the CraveTV streaming service starting Sept. 25th at 10:00 PM ET.
Discovery will be available on Netflix on Monday at 8 AM BST / 9 AM CET.
Spoilers: both episodes are premiering together so expect untagged spoilers for both episodes in the comments of this thread.