Sign up and stay connected to your favorite communities.

Ad?

Chick Fil A worker tracks down customer who forgets part of their order

wheeze MY PLEASURE wheeze

wheeze CAN I wheeze GET YOU wheeze ANYSAUCEWITHTHAT?

Zesty Buffalo.

ALRIGHT wheeze MEET YOU wheeze AT THE NEXT wheeze LIGHT sprints back

110 points · 9 days ago

It’s incredible how people notice the little things in places like this, I rarely go to Chick fil-a but that stuck with me.

It's more that they're required to say it every single fucking time someone says thank you so it's hard not to notice.

So much so that when the customer says "have a nice day" instead of a "thanks", the cashier still says "my pleasure"

Source: Worked at CFA

54 points · 9 days ago

The automatic reaction comes from any sort of retail background. I've stopped working in retail 2 years ago, and even today I went to a KFC and the guy ended with "Have a nice meal.". My response was "You too."

21 points · 9 days ago

he did that on purpose, i did that at the movie theater to fuck with people hahaha

48 points · 9 days ago

"Enjoy the movie!"

"Haha thanks you too!"

And then you never enjoy the movie because you're thinking about how you're going to die of embarrassment.

11 points · 9 days ago

Even worse when you're getting dropped off at the airport by friend/family/taxi/uber. Ugggghh! I always mess that you too up.

Yep. The driver says "Have a good flight!" You too!

3 points · 9 days ago

I like to think they would take it as a subtle threat, "You're coming with me..."

That person will eventually watch a movie, and hopefully they enjoy it.

I have broken you of your curse.

3 more replies

3 more replies

I mean to be fair CFA employees are pretty well taken care of for fast food. Advertise starting pay is 13 an hour and was just told they are talking about raising it to 18 an hour....I mean fuck. If that happens I'd be questioning if I wanna stick it out in a warehouse or say "my pleasure" for a few years. Nah who am I kidding, in spoiled at the warehouse....plus I'd go insane having to say that all the time.

i worked at cfa and starting pay was 7.35. not many raises either.

5 more replies

20 more replies

I have to say that the employees are very nice. I've never had a bad experience at Chic Fila. The food is always fresh and made correctly and the employees will go out of their way to make sure you have a good experience.

15 more replies

7 more replies

and to think at popeyes i have to argue for the 1 stupid sauce that isn't even enough for the chicken...

and to think Jack, ceo of twitter, had to apologize for eating here

Sorry I eat at this restaurant guys please forgive me

How ridiculous is that? Wild dude caved too.

I'm out of the loop here, what happened?

Twitter CEO Jack tweeted out a picture of CFA sandwich he had for lunch.

Huge backlash ensued from sjw community how unethical and wrong it is for him to be eating that during pride month.

Twitter boy issues apology for his thoughtless actions.

People like that ruin it. I’m all for letting gay and trans people live their lives, like why is it a big deal if a guy wants to suck some dick yknow? But people like that, who try to make a problem where there isn’t one, make it seem like a joke to some people.

One of my best friends is gay and also loves Chick-Fil-A. Her reasoning is "I don't give a shit what the guy does with his money, the sandwiches are delicious."

5 more replies

It was compounded by the fact that Chic Fil A opened on a Sunday in Orlando to feed the volunteers after the Pulse Nightclub shooting. They've never not hired anyone because they were gay, they've never been caught discriminating against a gay person. It's literally just the CEO's personal beliefs. He's never let it leak out into the company other than that statement he made a few years back.

1 more reply

I agree. I think it’s detrimental to their cause.

16 points · 9 days ago

It is, and most "true" activists that are doing it for the right reasons hate it. They've managed to trivialize something that was an actual sincere problem into memes, and people just end up labeling the entire conversation as "hurr durr SJW".

3 more replies

Comment deleted9 days ago(1 child)
6 points · 9 days ago

Isn't that a pretty outdated notion of CFA? I did a quick Google search and it looks like they stopped that practice years ago.

11 points · 9 days ago

Wow.

45 points · 9 days ago

wrong it is for him to be eating that during pride month

liberalism really is a religion nowadays

don't eat that it's ramadan

don't eat that it's lent

don't eat that its pride month

10 more replies

5 more replies

The CEO of twitter tweeted a screenshot advertising their new payment system (I think) and the screenshot was him spending money at Chick-flil-a, people chirped him for eating at chick-fil-a and he came out and apologized saying he "completely forgot about there backgroud."

14 points · 9 days ago

You're right.. completely forgot about his past...

6 points · 9 days ago · edited 9 days ago

Because the CEO of CFA opposes same sex marriage. Note, there are no homophobic practices in the business itself. SJWs are really weird.

Chick-fil-a handled that controversy better than any other company I’ve seen in similar predicaments. Despite the overwhelming support they received on the day of protests they stopped donating to controversial places and released a statement saying they were just gonna get out of the debate entirely.

It was handled with such class and maturity. The LGBTQ community should see it as a victory.

3 more replies

2 more replies

They treat that shit like gold, it's infuriating

not the workers fault they get yelled at for "giving too much sauce" aka stingy management doesn't order enough

14 points · 9 days ago

That is exactly it, 1 sauce packet per item was our area managers limit. But if you wanted more just ask to speak to the manager and then they will usually hook you up. Such a stupid system.

If I have to speak to a manager to get a reasonable amount of condiments I'm just not going to that place again

1 more reply

yeah and lowkey everyone hates everyone after. Customer: angry for thinking "wow stingy ass people I pay money and they won't give me sauce!" Workers: angry because some a hole customer out of like 50 other people who didn't complain is making a big deal about literally sauce

I mean it helps if you know the system and are chill about it.

"Hey I'm looking to get more sauce, do you think you could get me more, or ask the manager if I could get more sauce"

or if you're just yelling at them because yelling customers get what they want.

1 more reply

their bbq sauce is gold man, I'll pay extra idc

DUDE!!! I hate that shit. Like give me my god damn 5 packets of bbq sauce and let me be on my way

I had to argue with Sonic about a sauce on their menu they somehow didn't know they had (???). Made me feel like a dumbass ordering it. Turns out they do have it and slipped it in to my bag without even apologising for (rudely) questioning me when I ordered it.

1 more reply

try prying 4 packets of sparkle from a popeyes employee, you'd think you're taking their naan's will from their hands

The fuck is sparkle

4 more replies

13 more replies

See, when you get to rest on Sunday you have the energy for these types of things.

I go through the local CFA drive thru at least bi-monthly, and am never upset. Those folks work hard and it’s nice to know they get time off.

233 points · 9 days ago

I once went through the drive thru at CFA, and after I had ordered and was stuck in the line, realized I had forgotten my wallet. Lady at the window said "No worries, breakfast is on me!" Handed me the food and drink and waved me on my way. I was flabbergasted. Life long customer now, regardless of religious affiliations.

Edit: Typo

70 points · 9 days ago

So it’s actually a policy that if someone forgets their wallet or doesn’t have money to afford it they will give you the meal for free! It’s up to the cashier whether to give it or not, which help prevents people from exploiting this.

I could be wrong about this as well, I haven’t worked their nor asked about it. So please correct me if I’m wrong

95 points · 9 days ago

You're basically right! It's not strictly a policy tho; It depends on the cashier. Nine times out of ten, it's approved by a manager. But sometimes we look at the overall cost of the meal. If it's one sandwich, no problem. But if you ordered $50 worth of food, we may be a bit more hesitant.

It also depends on the person, and their attitude. I've straight up told rude people "No" because they were being difficult or mean. But then one time there was this mother, very clearly at her wits end, literally had four screaming kids in the car, left her wallet at home. I just handed her the food and told her to have a nice day, it was on us. She had tears in her eyes. Those are the kind of people who we love to make happy.

60 points · 9 days ago

And this is why CFA is always packed in the suburbs. Not because of a free meal when you leave your wallet, but that Mom is going to tell all 50 of her mom friends and they meet up at CFA. Further, they cater to this crowd - you can order ahead on your phone and everything is ready when you arrive. When you have 4 kids in tow, this sort of service gets attention and loyalty.

Making a person feel good just once on their bad day never hurts a business...

Yeah the only CFAs in my hometown are conveniently right outside the 'nice' neighborhoods. They truly have good business down to a science honestly.

Absolutely. As a parent, Chick Fil A is hands down the best restaurant to take my kids, for several reasons:

1. The food options are healthier than other places. Yes, the nuggets are still fried, but they're not processed.

2. The kids play areas are always spotless. I never have to worry about when the last time the place was cleaned.

3. The toy options are legit. They have quality stuff like games and books, not just some crappy plastic toy that breaks after 5 seconds. And if they don't like the toy, they can swap it for ice cream.

4. They bring the food out to you. Super nice because you can order and immediately sit down instead of trying to keep the kids with you at the counter waiting for the food to come out.

5. They provide placemats that stick to the table. It makes feeding a toddler so much easier.

6 points · 9 days ago

I’ve worked at CFA for 2 1/2 years. I’ve never heard of this.

I worked at CFA for a year and I've done this! It wasn't in the official training or anything, it was just something that was approved by the store owner/the managers

3 more replies

7 more replies

829 points · 9 days ago

I worked many jobs to put myself through school. Chick-fil-a easily had the greatest impact on me as a person. Everything was maintained exactly as it should be, the place was kept incredibly clean, from the bathrooms and play area all the way to the kitchen, and I felt genuinely respected and valued as an employee. Religion aside, this is an exceptional company and the worker doing this is something any of us would've been expected to and happy to do.

128 points · 9 days ago

Why is that though? I’m curious what Chik Fil A does that’s so exceptional versus other fast food places? I imagine the above-average pay for the position helps but I’m sure that’s only part of the story.

243 points · 9 days ago

Good management makes the difference at any company. I've never worked at a fast food place, but I would imagine that good management makes the people working there WANT to work there, to enjoy what they do, and to have pride in their work. That usually all comes down from the top.

59 points · 9 days ago

This is it, I worked a KFC/Taco Bell for a bit and even though it was a shitty job the manager was good and it was bearable. But once our shitty (I would call this piece of shit out by name if it wasn't against the rules) new area manager got rid of him things went down hill fast. The good crew members who didn't kiss ass and knew what to do started to leave or get fired. And I would at least respect the man if the standards went up or the store ran smoother but this was NOT the case. Orders slowed down, food wasn't getting ready in time. Running out of shit, serving expired food (just change the labels durrr), and stuffing as much shit into bags so our customers would get smashed food.

I eventually got fired for following corporate guidelines on packing food, I called him out on it and got fired. Thankfully karma is a thing and he got fired soon after for poor performance and fired again from his new gig after that.

Can't stress enough how important it is to treat your employees with respect. I've been in a supervisor position for 5 years. I've had my superiors ask numerous times why I dont have many right ups, I respond by asking how they think my pit (section) runs by the end of the shift.

4 points · 9 days ago

The last part sounds like a story for /r/ProRevenge

4 more replies

33 points · 9 days ago · edited 9 days ago

good management

The approval process for buying into their franchise is extremely vetted. Walking in with enough capital is simply not enough. And for good reason; their annual revenue per store can be double that of other franchises.

edit: typo

26 points · 9 days ago

It is actually not a franchise. Stores are corporate-owned. They bring in local operators who make a modest investment in return for a share in the profits. Operators who underperform can be moved out.

19 points · 9 days ago

You're absolutely correct. I knew just enough to get it wrong.

15 points · 9 days ago

Went to church with 2 guys who are store operators, when they were first applying to be operators Chick-fil-A sent a guy to our church to ask around about them before approving them. They take that shit serious.

2 more replies

You are completely correct. That's also why you'll never see a Chick-fil-A local operator say "Screw corporate, this is my store and we're going to be open on Sundays from now on." The store is legally owned by the company and if their conduct policy is violated, the operator gets kicked and replaced faster than you'd think possible.

2 more replies

One has to make generalizations about the quality of management once one sees a consistent attitude among the employees across multiple visits.

They require all high school aged applicants to submit their most recent transcript, and they need a b average to get hired. Think of the type of young employees they're sorting for. Pretty damn smart strategy

2 more replies

Ok, I'll put in my two cents worth. For reference, I worked for the founder many years ago in a capacity other than Chick-fil-A itself, but I got to know him and his family relatively well. What I understood from him is that he looked for restaurant operators who followed a pretty strict moral code for sure, but not strictly "Christian." Also, he only allowed an operator to manage one unit and have no side businesses (unlike a typical franchise where someone can invest in multiple units or multiple franchises to build a portfolio of investments). By doing this, he attracted the kind of operators who were interested in running their unit more like a family business and would give it more personal attention. That attitude then trickles down to the front-line employees.

8 points · 9 days ago

that makes a lot of sense, running each franchise like a mom and pop shop really

9 points · 9 days ago

every CFA has at least 20 employees working, shit gets done when you have the work force.

97 points · 9 days ago · edited 9 days ago

I'm really going to butcher this and really don't want to start a discussion or anything about religious people but I think it does have to be noted that you can only own a Chick Fil A unit if you have been vetted and approved by the corporate side of things in criteria other than whether or not you have a good location and the money to build it.

They basically only allow Christian people to own a franchise unit from what I understand. My old boss had to go to the corporate building and apparently they double and triple checked how religious he was lol.

I don't mean this to say they only franchise to inherently good people due to this or anything, but it is something they do that is vastly different than basically any other fast food place.

The Chick Fil A unit I worked at was right off the highway in the biggest city in my area. Needless to say our rush "hour" lasted about 5 hours and was 100% packed inside and in the drive through for that entire rush. The drive through line even had cars wrapping all around the building and back out onto the frontage of the highway.

I actually got my first panic attack there when I started falling behind on the drive through once. It was an extremely stressful rush.

And even then this job, even for fast food, was one of the best jobs I ever had. Everyone was just cool with each other, there was 0 drama, our bosses actually treated us like people and the owner gave out raises based on both performance and attitude towards the job. I worked there in Texas in like 2008, our minimum wage was 7$. He started me at 8$ and 2 months later I was making 10$ an hour, and I wasn't some unique case either. Which wasn't bad at all for a kid out of high school and little to no prior work experience.

It was just a neat job. I think the way management treated us , and paid us, made it seem like no big deal to put in the extra work Chick Fil A wants it's employees to do. It's really easy in any job to settle in and just go through the motions, but this place at least rewarded us for attempting to put in a little extra effort here and there.

edit:

My understanding of whats needed to become an owner at Chick Fil A seems to be out dated now, and or my old boss over exaggerated lol.

57 points · 9 days ago

I'm a director at a Chick-fil-A, and my fellow directors have told me that you don't necessarily have to be Christian, just the morals that follow it really. Out Operator is Christian but knows fellow Operators who don't label themselves as such.

Oh ok. I'll edit my post and stuff, I worked there about 10 years ago so I suppose things have changed or maybe my boss over exagerated or something lol.

Thanks for the clarification :)

16 points · 9 days ago

Just to throw my two cents in, CFA as a whole does not base the entire process on your religion. In my experience, they look at them morally more than anything. Are they a hard worker? Are they dependable? How do they overcome adversity? The christian ideology they follow is more of philosophy than anything. They would never not hire someone because they're not a Christian. And for owners/ operators, its the same way. Realistically, if you're looking to become an owner/ operator, you've been in the game for several years, so they know what you're made of. They just look for good people, but im sure being a Christian doesn't hurt.

11 points · 9 days ago

I appreciate the time you put into your response. Thank you for making things more clear.

I know for a fact that this may not be true any more as they are looking to expand internationally and are considering partners from the Middle East who are not Christian.

Would make sense in that case haha. It should be noted again my perspective of Chick Fil A comes from working there 10 years ago.

Heck when I worked there part of the training course had a portion about why Chick Fil A would never have a spicy chicken sandwich despite people asking for it for years. (IIRC the CEO or something just didn't like them lol)

And well, they've had that for a long time now lol.

Well, to be fair, they haven’t officially entered a partnership as far as I know, so it could still be true!

1 more reply

My SO's mom just got approved to become an operator, and all of these positive comments about cfa are making me so happy :)

4 more replies

Food isn't smashed up, cups are thick Styrofoam with solid lids, sauce packets are wide for sandwich dipping, waffle fries are never limp or soggy, if you ask for sauces they will give you too many, salads aren't made of iceberg and wilted sandwich rejects instead are actually good, fruit sides have a decent variety, chicken nuggets and tenders aren't made of pink slime, the place is usually very clean, registers aren't useless cunts like the white castle next to the port authority, etc.

...tell us more about your ex who works at the White Castle next to Port Authority...

He already mentioned Pink Slime.

3 more replies

14 points · 9 days ago

Realistically, its two things: the management, and the attitude. I've worked at a CFA for years now, and the managers and the people running the place are genuinely some of the nicest and hardworking people I've ever met. The atmosphere at mine is very light, and even when things get stressful, and it seems like everything is going wrong, we really just don't give up. CFA isn't that much different from other fast food restaurants in terms of the actual day to day process. CFA as a company is just a lot more strict and holds its employees (and managers) to a much higher standard. Both my boss and myself have been chewed out by the higher up for things that only happen at CFA. They expect quality, and they work hard to maintain it. If you ever want to own/ manage your own CFA restaurant, good luck. It's tough, and they really make you work for it.

Additionally, it comes down to the type of people we hire. The hiring process isn't rigorous, but we definitely do our research. Employees come and go, but the most of them all have one thing in common; they're just happy. It sounds dumb, but honestly 90% of the people I've worked with are just genuinely nice people. And when you take a bunch nice people and put them all under one roof, you get a restaurant that really makes you feel good. CFA is a company that often loses on potential profit because it wants to make the customer happy. It's a lot more of a personal experience when you eat there, and a lot of people will come for the food and stay for the experience. "Sure, we'll give you a dozen ranch sauces, sure! Have a nice day!" Not to mention, the whole "it's my pleasure" thing. They just treat you to be courteous and respectful, and a lot of my work experience (being able to talk to people nicely) has carried over into my social life, so CFA as a whole has been (and continues to be) a very beneficial experience for me.

7 points · 9 days ago · edited 9 days ago

I believe they pay much better than average compared to other fast food chains which gets them better talent. In-n-Out exemplifies this to an even further extent. Their general managers make on average $160,000/year.

10 points · 9 days ago

TIL I need to climb the corporate ladder and be a general manager of an In-N-Out.

6 more replies

4 points · 9 days ago · edited 9 days ago

Strict upper level management for the company, coupled with pretty rigorous screenings and processes to become an operator. Also, I'm not sure if other restaurant chains are like this, but CFA hires a third party company to perform CFA specific inspections (much more thorough and specific than health department inspections, and more frequently as well, every quarter I believe). And those inspections were serious business, they checked just about every aspect of CFA operating procedures including customer service and kitchen operations. I only ever worked in kitchen so I know more about that side though.

Anyway, if a location does poorly on these inspections, you can bet corporate will be talking to the operator, and if it keeps happening the store could get shut down. So basically, people are really nice because they will be disciplined and possibly fired if they're not. Lol

Edit: I didn't even see your comment included "higher level pay." Yeah right, I worked at two different locations owned by different operators and almost everyone started at minimum wage, or possibly around 7.50 at most. The second store I worked at did start kitchen employees at 8.00 since it's harder, but I mean... Making 8.00 an hour in a fast food kitchen is not a particularly compelling reason for someone to have a positive demeanor.

13 more replies

Good job marketing bot, you did good. You can go now.

17 more replies

242 points · 9 days ago

My co workers joke with me about how much I eat Chick-fil-A. I eat there a lot for three reasons. They care about their employees and in turn their employees care about you, and it's got damn delicious.

it's got damn delicious.

quite the contrary, that shit is right with the lord

6 more replies

51 points · 9 days ago

I'd eat there waay more often but I only ever seem to realize I haven't had it in a while on Sunday.

38 points · 9 days ago

They just opened a Chick Fil A here in my relatively small liberal town in Southern California.

I wanted to try it so i pulled up to the drive thru. I sat there for a minute, and noticed there weren't many cars in the parking lot, though there were a few.

I sat there for 5 minutes, saying hello to the intercom a few times.

Then I realized it was Sunday, and remembered hearing somewhere it was closed on Sunday. Felt pretty dumb.

12 points · 9 days ago

That’s understandable. I’ll find my self pulling into the parking lot and immediately leaving because it’s FUCKING SUNDAY AND MY DAMN CHICKEN DESIRES ARE GONNA HAVE TO GO UNQUENCHED SO I GUESS I’LL HAVE TO GO TO ZAXBY’S INSTEAD.

6 points · 9 days ago

I just get this twinge on my tongue, like a little tickle of that sweet sweet peanut oil chik fil a sauce. Think of that little pickle on a chicken sandwich. Rearrange all of my lunch plans because, fuck yeah I'm gonna get me a chicken deluxe with extra pickles, and a fucking 12 count chicken nugget, fuck... maybe I'll get one of those fancy ass salads, man don't they have wraps as well....fuck it's sunday. Now I don't want to eat anything. I rage quit food.

4 more replies

13 more replies

where the hell do they hire these people?! they have a pipeline for the nicest people in the world

90 points · 9 days ago

Teenage Christians from their local church, in my experience

70 points · 9 days ago

When i was self employed, my best staff were Christian. Hands down. The young ones that are truly inspired by Jesus are just friendly, outgoing, non judgemental, empathetic, conscientious, reliable, charismatic and honest. And my customers looooved them .

4 points · 9 days ago

I am not a firm believer in sky cake but I'd raise my kids Christian as I think the value system is spot on. I wouldn't push shit and I assume they'd figure it out on their own as they get older but I think it is a great system to raise kids in.

42 points · 9 days ago · edited 9 days ago

where the hell do they hire these people?!

Teenage Christians from their local church

REEEEE Religion (Christianity) is archaic and has no place in our modern society. /s

5 more replies

1 more reply

Welcome to real dyed in the wool Christianity.

They're really really ned flanders nice if you believe in what they believe.

2 more replies

Not only does Chick Fil A have good service and food, they almost always run a really tight ship. I'm a health inspector and our local Chick Fil A rarely drops below a 99.5

81 points · 9 days ago

Suspiciously like Los Pollos Hermanos...

22 points · 9 days ago

METH C O N F I R M E D

7 more replies

120 points · 9 days ago

Chick Fila has crazy customer service. I never had someone come to my table at a fast food restaurant and ask what beverage I got so he could refill it for me.

That's A+ service there.

I was once there and we had to wait in a moderately long line, and after we got our food the manager came around handing out free milkshake coupons as an apology. The line wasn't even that long!

13 points · 9 days ago

I once had to wait in a long line, and they gave me my meal for free. I had my card out to pay and everything, and they refused and said that they would rather I enjoy a free meal than think about the wait. It was so confusing, were they just giving the entire long line free food for an hour?

1 more reply

My local chik fil a has a seasonal station set up in the drive thru. Where you can shoot Nerf guns or all kinds of stuff like that. Then you go around the corner and the sauce boss is set up out there. He gets his little baggie out "sir what kind of sauces would you like?".

The Sauce Boss...holy mother...

1 more reply

Whataburger does that even at drunken hour

Say what you want about texas but we know how to do fast food

Say what you want about texas

Ok. Texas is an elaborate network of holographic projections and has no physical form.

Texas once came into my store, broke all of our clay pots, and just left, didn't even say sorry.

1 more reply

Guy behind me in line asked if he could go before me so he wasn't late to work. I let him go. After ordering, a mini party goes off over the speaker system, Who Let the Dogs Out played. The man won a free lunch and bag of cookies for being whatever customer in line.

It's my turn in line. After I finish saying my order, she says "That'll be $0.00. We'll have your order in just a moment." They saw me give the guy my place in line, and gave me the free meal as well for letting him go ahead of me.

I'm a gay. I'll always support CFA.

Also: I wish they never would've started me on those fucking cookies. They're. So. Great.

2 more replies

Chick-fil-A employees are heads and shoulders better than any other fast food joint.

bald-head ass, wig-wearin' ass hoe, hurry up

That cracked me up

This is fantastic.

How y'all have no manager?

... ... ...

BYE

holy fuck lmaooo

5 more replies

106 more replies

Reminds me of Blake Anderson https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24uTb6jEs_g

I only know him from Dope but damn he's good in this short film as well

7 points · 9 days ago

Workaholics is a great show with him, too, although it overstays its welcome a bit going into season five/six.

1 more reply

literally a fast food employee

“I’m on a mission from god!”

44 points · 9 days ago

I work at a Chick-Fil-A as well, and this is a somewhat common occurrence. Not necessarily running after cars, but going out of our way to get people what they need/want (and people definitely abuse it but meh). As one of the few males at my store, I tend to be the one to run outside after people and such.

Most memorable situation was during a pretty bad storm a few months ago. A guy had come in to get food for his family while it was pouring down rain outside. It was particularly slow so I watched this guy leave after giving him his food. He gets to his car only to realize he locked himself out. He did his best to keep his food dry by putting the bag under the car to protect it from the rain. After he called whoever to legally break in to his car (dunno the name, I’m dumb), he grabbed his food; however, after 30 mins of sitting on the ground, not only was it probably very cold, but the bottom of the bag had also soaked through and ripped. He grabbed it and all the contents spilled out onto the ground. I see this, call my manager and say I’m gonna go help him. I ran outside, and as he’s sitting in his car obviously stressed and upset, I asked him for his receipt. He had it so I ran and remade his order and bought it myself (as I could’ve been fired had I not due to loss of money from other employees doing similar things selfishly).

Chick-Fil-A, at least in mine, makes it a point to train their employees to act selflessly in the workplace, and while some people abuse it, it’s great to see the smile on people who genuinely appreciate it. Sorry this is long and no one will probably read it but oh well, I think it’s relevant.

Chick fil a employees were picking people up in boats after hurricane Harvey. Google it. Shut was crazy.

31 points · 9 days ago

I forgot my coat once after a few drinks and the waitress came running out way down the parking lot.

I left my coat at an Afghan restaurant one Friday night. Forgot where i had lost it, I was drunk, and by the timeI remembered it was Sunday. I went back to the place, and the man had dry cleaned it for me, because he explained, he had hung it up in the back friday night and it smelled like food.

I gave them a perfect yelp review, recommend it to friends, and go no where else for my kabobs, and eggplant dip.

73 points · 9 days ago

I love the fact that this restaurant spawned polls on Twitter where people were forced to choose between 'chicken tendies' and LGBT rights and the chicken tendies won in a landslide... like 99% voted.

"Yeah, human rights are important, but chicken tendies and waffle fries? No comparison, really."

I've never eaten there before, but looks yummy.

29 points · 9 days ago

Goes to show that eating great food is prioritized over nonsense. Who knew!?

11 more replies

21 more replies

Chick fil a in my town pays 12.50 an hour. I know grown folks that don't make that much

That's more than what I made as an EMT

Full time?

no way a fully trained/licensed/schooled EMT gets 12.50 imo

11 points · 9 days ago

These mfers have hospitality on L O C K

22 points · 9 days ago

His Pleasure.

1 more reply

Does anyone here know exactly how CFA always managers to get the nicest employees? They just opened up a new location in my ghetto town and all I could think was, "Welp, this will be the only CFA to fail. They won't be able to get quality employees here like at the others." But I'll be damned if it doesn't look like they shipped in college girls from the Christian College an hour away or something. How they convince the absolute nicest, and prettiest, people in town to take my fast food order I'll never know.

89 points · 9 days ago

I love chick-fil-a don't @me.

Chick-fil- a and Popeyes are the 2 restaurants I will physically fight for, 6’2 250lb stocky man come at me

6'2" 240 but scrappy. Wv. Lets have a chicken fight! Bwauck bwauck mofo!

Sure but what giants will hold our weight under them?

6’3” 258lbs. I got you

Nice 😉 No Homo of course

Now let’s all meet in the middle of the Atlantic!

You know... because of the implication...

Are we in danger?

No! There’s no real danger! Just the implication...

It sounds like they’re in danger dude.

10 more replies

1 more reply

Chick Fil A always has the best employees. I'm always amazed by their quality and level of customer service.

bro CFA workers are dedicated

Such nice people at CFA

19 points · 9 days ago

God I love chik fil a. Love love love.

I went there today. The service blew me away. I'm a regular now.

Worked in the front counter of Chick-Fil-A for a year and work in the kitchen now. I can absolutely confirm I've seen similar stuff. The amazing part of it is, that while we're required to say "my pleasure" and be polite, for some reason the people at chick-fil-a actually really do care. None of us are paid exceptionally well, but it's a very family-like team and just tends to bring out some positivity.

Another fun fact though, all of that "my pleasure" nonsense is completely forgotten behind that little swinging door to the kitchen. We love eachother, but hate eachother at the same time. Even the owner of the store is proper and well-mannered up front, but laughs at our crazy drug stories, curses like a sailor, and roasts the hell out of everyone.

Great place to work

haha yup 100% this. i'm not sure the kitchen would even function properly if they were as strict with us as they were with the front counter

3 more replies

7 points · 9 days ago

We actually do this omg someone filmed it.

I've told this story on here before, but one more time won't hurt.

A few years back (more like 5, probably) when I was living in NC, me and my girlfriend went to Chik Fil A one morning since it was within walking distance of our gym (I like to treat myself after a workout. Don't judge.) We ordered a few breakfast items, mostly chik'n minis, and drove back home. When we got back, though, we realized one persons food was missing. I called up to Chik Fil A to let them know, thinking they'd just pass me a free one next time I drove through. I spoke to the manager who got all my information (I assumed so I could verify it when I came though. It seemed a little unnecessary for a mini mean, but whatever. Maybe they get a lot of people trying to get free food out of them. About half an hour later there's a knock at the door and the manager and a guy in a freakin' cow suit have shown up and replaced the entire order and them some.

They can be as homophobic as they want. They're good people. Especially the dude in the cow costume.

16 points · 9 days ago

I just wanna say just because the Dan Cathy the owner of CFA may be homophobic, but this attitude certainly doesn’t exist in the restaurant. There are at least 4 openly gay or lesbian people at my Chickfila, and one of them was just promoted to director. If you work there, the only thing we care about is if you can do you job well.

5 points · 9 days ago

This went soo viral he got himself a school Scholarship.

If we are posting Chick Fil A videos I have to share my favorite

Ad.

4 points · 9 days ago

hope the person was thankful and didn't want to give him some garbage they had in their car...people can be fucking morons sometimes

3 more replies

Chick Fil A gonna loveeee this.

2 more replies

Chick-fil-A is a great fucking restaurant. They have a fast drive through, friendly employees, food is good and you see stuff like this all the time.

Meanwhile McDonald's gets my order wrong completely, Arbies doesn't want to give me sauce or anything I ordered, Taco Bell just gave me a bag of fucking sauce.

4 points · 9 days ago

They do so many creative things to help customers. At my chick fil a, you can go through the drive through and tell them you’re with kids and want to eat inside. By the time you go through the drive through and get the kids out, they have your food at a table complete with a high chair and placemats.

You have no idea how nice that is when you’re alone with two small kids and just want to bring them somewhere fun. It removes so much stress and hassle.

4 points · 9 days ago

I will find you. And I will serve you

I this happen at the Chick-fil-A I go to a few times a week. One time I got,my food beofre they gave me my drink and drove off. Gotout of the parking lot driving down the street about to turn as I see an employee sprinting across the parking lot and down and over the median towards my passenger door. Tells me I forgot my soda and hands it to me. I worked a ton of fast food jobs growing up and dont think I ever did anything close to that.

10 points · 9 days ago

Now that's worth $15 an hour.

7 more replies

Not all hero’s wear capes.

Everything about Chick-Fil-A is so much better than every other fast food chain.

Whataburger being the exception.

2 more replies

Whenever you walk into a Chik-Fil-A you're in a fantasy land. "Hello, Sir. How are you? Do you want anything we have to offer? I love you. They love you. Everyone here loves you now, as well. What will your order be today?"

4 more replies

I'm not gonna lie, every time I go to Chik-Fil-A (which isn't too often) I am impressed by their cleanliness and service. Politics be dammed.

I love the fact I don't stick to the floor when I walk in.

1 more reply

I honestly feel like if I asked for it, a CFA employee would give me their soul and say "my pleasure"

1 more reply

I miss their fries and chicken burger.. no chic fil eh's in europe :(

3 points · 9 days ago

One time Chick-fil-A gave us the wrong sandwich. Or forgot one, not sure. But my mom called to inform them and to ask if she should come back and get the correct sandwich, and the employee DROVE to our house and delivered the food along with some free icecream cards.

Great company as far as customer service and food.

Also the car they drove in was the Chick-fil-A van that looks like a cow

3 points · 9 days ago

One guaranteed day off a week really does wonders retail/fast-food workers

3 points · 9 days ago

doing the lords work

Fucking ads on Reddit.

fuck advertisements

Any word from the 100% white female staff at HuffPost who hates this company?

2 more replies

One day working at Arby's the intercom died at the drive through. So I went out with a headset in -10 degree weather to keep the drive through open during lunch rush. It sucked bad and after three hours in that weather the owner told me to sweep the entire store and take out the garbage. He then sent three people home.

Should have worked at Chick Fil A...

I've done this but with change! We had two people at the window at the end of a rush, and the paid with a 20 and drove off before they got their change. I told my manager and ran out. They almost exited the parking lot area-thing but somebody inside the car noticed me and they turned back.

I mean sure, it slows us down a bit to make a customer happy, but a few seconds or few cents lost is worth it to get a customer to come back and enjoy more food.

Shit, Chick Fil A must pay their employees like, 15 buck an hour.

Not necessarily, they treat employees with respect and have high expectations for customer service. It becomes apart of their blood and mentality to do what they can for customers.

11 more replies

2 more replies

what is this? I don't get it.

21 points · 9 days ago

It's a Chick-fil-A worker tracking down a customer who forgot part of their order

18 points · 9 days ago

It's a fast food chain called Chick-Fil-A, that has exceptional service and food, but leddit hates them because they have Christian values. Watch how far this post drops

38 more replies

6 more replies

Yeah sorry gays, chick fil a does me better than you ever could

I wish they did that for me. Somehow left my delicious lemonade behind... I’ll NEVER do that again.

They might still be looking for you...

some say that even to this day the 16 year front counter employee is still running

I once did this when I worked at Jack in the Box... dude got really mad.

3 more replies

I wonder if a McDonalds employee would do the same

2 more replies

Look up chick fil a onboarding video; it's a tear jerker

7 more replies

268 more replies

The best place for video content of all kinds. Please read the sidebar below for our rules.

About /r/videos

A great place for video content of all kinds. Direct links to major video sites are required (e.g. YouTube, Vimeo, etc). Join the discussion below!

r/videos Rules

No Politics
No Personal Information or Witch-Hunting
Submit Direct Link to Video
No Porn or Gore
No Solicitation of Votes or Views
No Hate Speech
No Videos of Assault or Public Freakouts
No Third Party Licensing
Videos Only

Detailed Rules

Find a more detailed explanation of our rules here.

Moderation

Removals & Warnings

• If your submission does not appear in the new queue, please contact us (be sure to include a link to the Reddit post (i.e. comments section), not the content you are linking). Simply deleting your post may cause the spam filter to catch future ones.

• Note: Submissions from new users, and users with low karma, are automatically removed to help prevent spam.

• Also, please contact us regarding spam, political or any other inappropriate videos, as this helps us remove them more quickly! When reporting, please explain why you think it should be removed.

• Do not message moderators individually about posts not appearing in the new queue or ban appeals. Messages should be sent as a modmail to /r/Videos. Failure to do so may result in a ban.

Feedback and Spoiler Tags