The original grape fall lady video. A classic from over 10 years ago that you must see if you haven't before.

2.5k comments
4.1k points · 8 days ago

Memes getting so old they're being rediscovered by the next generation of internet users. Kind of like when I started listening to my dad's Pink Floyd's albums.

477 points · 8 days ago

Waiting for good old-fashioned ball on a stick to make a comeback.

Comment deleted8 days ago(23 children)
135 points · 8 days ago

Sorry, this is a video from an alternative universe.

37 points · 8 days ago

Are... we... from the alternate universe, perhaps?!

6 more replies

14 more replies

7 more replies

118 points · 8 days ago

Somebody once told me time is a flat circle.

178 points · 8 days ago

Somebody once told me time is a flat circle. the world is gonna roll me.

FTFY

10 more replies

10 more replies

62 more replies

6.3k points · 9 days ago

More like 20years ago

3.1k points · 8 days ago

Yeah, I am pretty sure this video predates YouTube and was online in the 90s. One of the first viral videos, with that exploding whale.

Oh man, the exploding whale... That had to have been the first video I saw online

224 points · 8 days ago

i left my modem connected for like 16 hours to download that in the 90s

116 points · 8 days ago · edited 8 days ago

We see you're an active Netizen. Would you like to upgrade to our Premier Cyber Net Online package? Now with 100 hours per month at 14k and unlimited Usenet message downloads!

• Your former dial up provider.

haha! i was lucky and stumbled across a $15/mo unlimited isp...but it required direct debit from checking and my kid self had to manually type in connection strings to a terminal window any time i logged on

13 more replies

5 more replies

It took down our email network in the 90s 😂

4 more replies

231 points · 8 days ago

Got a link? For a friend

1.2k points · 8 days ago · edited 8 days ago

This one I think

Seems so sensible right up until 1:30

266 points · 8 days ago

Wow no kidding, thank you for linking that I went through too many dead whales before I thought to ask. Cheers

104 points · 8 days ago

Haven’t we all. I hate when that happens. It’s just whale after whale after whale.

Whale, whale, whale... what have we here?

6 more replies

303 points · 8 days ago

So the exploding whale! It's an Oregon Legend!

People often ask, "Why the fuck did they (try to) blow it up?"

The answer is surprising. In Oregon, all beaches are public right-of-ways, aka, highways. This is from 1911, and the reason highway 101 runs along the Oregon coast, and there are state parks roughly every 10 miles is because of that election. This means that the Highway Commission was created and put under the Parks and Recreation department in Oregon.

In the 1960s, the Oregon Beach Bill clarified what part of the coast belonged to Oregon and created an easement for public use from the waterline to the vegetation line, regardless of private ownership. This is why you'll never see a "private beach" in Oregon -- though some people try to prevent access to the beach above the vegetation line, it's not exactly difficult to walk around a fence that stops where the plants do.

Anyway, ODOT (Oregon Dept. of Transportation) inherited all highways upon its creation, including the "Beach" highways.

When something falls on a highway, like rocks, or trees, ODOT cleans it up.

When a whale "fell" on the highway, ODOT got to clean it up.

Having no experience in the matter, and not wanting to bury it as it'd just get uncovered by tides in short order, they decided to blow it up so birds could carry off the gross little bits later.

They.. underestimated the amount of dynamite needed.

79 points · 8 days ago · edited 8 days ago

Or overestimated?

Edit: they should have used the Walter White solution for making a body disappear

58 points · 8 days ago

I don't know enough about explosives to say for certain, but I would expect the more power used, the smaller the chunks would be.

I think the "launching it into the air" was a function of poor placement and not using directional charges more than the amount used.

39 points · 8 days ago

Check out the dollop episode on the exploding whale

The guy they used was like their third choice, the entire idea was insane to begin with and overall poorly planned

3 more replies

Definitely underestimated. Also probably should have gone with a faster explosive.

5 more replies

4 more replies

9 more replies

It has been so long since a whale washes here, that nobody remembers what to do...

Pre internet problems

107 points · 8 days ago

Jesus Christ, that is some top notch newscasting

“It might be concluded that should a whale ever wash ashore on Lane County again, those in charge will not only remember what to do, they’ll certainly remember what not to do”

Fucking brilliant 😂

65 points · 8 days ago · edited 8 days ago

There’s a good Dollop about the whale.

Edit: It’s episode #227- Whalesplosion

11 more replies

Well how else would people know not to blow up a whale, if someone hadn't done it and proved why it was a stupid idea beyond a doubt. Just like Cleveland, Ohio who will never try releasing 1.25 million balloons again.

3 more replies

62 more replies

this one likely ain't the original, but really hits the spot, mentally, if you wanna see a dead whale explode

Warning: dead whale exploding

14 more replies

36 points · 8 days ago

The comedic timing of the chunks of whale carcass landing in the crowd at the end still makes me laugh to this day. Truly a great Oregon story.

2 more replies

That video spurned me unto the everlasting time waster known only as Ebaumsworld.

14 points · 8 days ago

The original reposter. He used to replace watermarks on videos.

17 more replies

I distinctly remember being like 12 years old spending all day one day in July 1996 downloading The Spirit of Christmas only to find out I had to download real player which I'd have to do the next day cuz my parents were coming home and and I had to hope my dad didn't use the family computer that night and find out I downloaded something from the internet cuz I wasn't supposed to cuz of viruses. It took well over six hours to download that short, I can't remember if we were 28.8 at that point or we had upgraded to the 56k.

Fortunately, my dad didn't look at the computer that night. The next day I downloaded real player and my neighborhood friends came over and we watched it and it was the funniest thing we'd ever seen.

That's the first video I have a real memory of downloading off the internet which was really the only way to watch videos at the time.

36 more replies

190 points · 8 days ago · edited 8 days ago

I saw the grape lady live on morning TV here in Atlanta in about 97-98.

I remember this because I had to wait on the guy I was working with to call me and tell me where our new jobsite was. This being the time before cellphone ubiquity meant I had to sit beside my house phone, and wait for him to tell me the directions (not address) because he didn't know himself without driving it and we had no way to "look it up" like we do now.

(BTW, we lived in different sub-burbs outside the ATL so I always drove myself and met him)

ETA: That day stuck in my memory so clearly because when I met him that day right around lunch I was doing the "Uggggh.. Ooof" sounds.

40 points · 8 days ago

Your story is like a relic of ancient viral communication. I love it and i’m grateful to experience it first hand.

9 more replies

I had the video file on my computer before YouTube existed. It just got passed around via other means. I literally think I found it in the Off-Topic section of a Kylie Minogue message board.

Every old person saw this on ebaumsworld too, right?

Old! Nonsense, I'm only...oh. Dammit.

14 more replies

43 more replies

Most redditers don't understand that the ancient Egyptians didn't have Wikipedia.

34 points · 8 days ago

That's not what Wikipedia says.

"King Tut was the best pharoah of all time and was known throughout the Nile delta for his magnum dong"

• edited 2 minutes about by ktut69

1 more reply

She had it coming for cheating. She went faster after the contest was over.

Karma’s a face plantin bitch

Original Poster94 points · 9 days ago

Haha yep I remember this vid in like 2004 I wanna say as a freshman in high school but 14+ years ago just sounded weird

Still hear her in my head...

a few days ago, i stubbed my toe, and her voice came into my head and i lolled to myself.

4 more replies

Oohhh ooohhh ooohhh! Ooo ooo oooo! I can’t breathe! Ooo ooo ooo! (And I haven’t seen it in ten years)

7 more replies

23 more replies

I fell down some stairs on my back and started making those sounds when I got to the bottom. Involuntary low pain sounds that sounded so goofy. My self conscious brain was telling me to stop making those sounds, but I literally could not stop. That was scarier than anything else. Totally fine now, can't even remember the aftermath. Just goofy scary shit.

1.9k points · 8 days ago · edited 8 days ago

I had never really heard the bit where she says, "I can't breathe"

Suddenly this became less funny since you can kind of tell she was panicking...

Edit: I remember the first time I got the wind knocked out of me. Was a very unique experience, I know it wasn't awful, but it was probably a first for her.

Article removed. My fault for not actually taking the time to fact check.

The first time I had the wind knocked out of me I was on the school playground. I just silently crouched down, accepted my death, and then relearned how to breathe. Can you imagine the embarrassment if I'd started yodeling in pain? I was so shy that if anyone noticed I might've had a heart attack.

456 points · 8 days ago

I was also on the school playground the first time I had the wind knocked out of me - I hit hard and was immediately crying, but with no noise or air of course... Then involuntarily pissed my pants. 3rd grade sucked.

327 points · 8 days ago

Sup ‘PeePants Max’

123 points · 8 days ago

that was like 3rd grade, asshole!

People dont forget!

People don't. I still remember Melissa sneezing & farting at the same time in the middle of a math test in 6th grade.

26 points · 8 days ago

Melissa fartsneeza

That's because you are still trying to come up with something that rhymes with Melissa, sneeze and fart.

“People don’t forget” top 10 funniest one liners

4 more replies

6 more replies

Oh man that sounds like a nightmare. My condolences.

20 more replies

What really tripped me out was that to "cure it", I basically just had to take one really long inhale.

Once I realized that I was breathing in longer than normal, I knew what had happened.

“Yodeling in pain” 😂

Upvoting for “yodeling in pain”

I remember the first time I took a hard, clean kick to the liver in sparring. I stopped for a second and put my hand up to signal that the other guy should please stop hitting me, then went "oh... oh no" and went to walk off the mat before throwing up everywhere. It sucks.

6 more replies

We had that sliding hand rail thing that was maybe 15 feet long. You run and grab it or have a friend push you, either way you reach the other end wayyy to fast feet go flying up, hands get twisted and you fall 5 feet into a pile of wood chips or some wierd rubber that has a little bounce to it.

Next thing you know the colors have changed, stars are out in the day, your getting minor breaths and starting to panic, there were 5 kids playing before you started your slide but theres now 50 kids around you with one big kid yelling to get the fuck out of the way since it's his turn. Someone's mom who is a nurse is trying to console you while the teacher says your fine and couldnt care less.

Then you regain your breath and go play with everything else but avoid that like the plague for maybe a week or two before you're back.

20 more replies

75 points · 8 days ago

I was playing soccer once and had someone sweep my legs out from under me and i landed square on my back. I jumped right up and chased after the ball for about 3 steps and fell right over once i realized i couldn't breathe. Worst minute of my life trying to get my wind back. Very strange feeling, wanting to breathe, nothing in my airways, and yet getting no air.

0/5 Would not recommend.

Dude i get like this sometimes in the middle of the night, one second im asleep the next im gasping for air as if i was holding my breath for 2 minutes.

Get yourself tested for sleep apnea before you die in your sleep man.

Seriously, this! A friend of mine passed away in his sleep at 25 from undiagnosed sleep apnea. He mentioned waking up gasping for breath multiple times, but wouldn't listen when he was told go get checked for it.

Will do thanks for the concern

You promise you'll call the doctor's office to make an appointment first thing Monday morning?

I requested one online already ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

3 more replies

5 more replies

3 more replies

72 points · 8 days ago

Suddenly this became less funny since you can kind of tell she was panicking...

It became less funny because we got 10 years older I think

I'm getting the vibes the news anchors were holding in laughter

209 points · 8 days ago

she just got the wind knocked out of her.

She actually broke several of her ribs in the fall. There was an interview done with her a couple years after the video went viral

167 points · 8 days ago

OK now I feel bad. It was only funny when I thought she was overreacting.

39 more replies

“In 2008, her cameraman – Gus Valdes – was interviewed. He said that Sander wasn’t seriously hurt. She ended up with some bruised ribs and “a bruised ego” but nothing worse. She was back on the air soon after.”

1 more reply

Yeah she's hurt, she took a hard fall off there. Gosh, I hope she's okay.

16 more replies

37 more replies

95 more replies

I'm just picturing a brain over your body saying in a low but frustrated tone, "Can you stop?"

I'm very familiar this specific imagery thanks to my little ASD quirks when I've realized that I've been making absurd faces at nobody in particular or letting my extremities go unsupervised for an undetermined amount of time in public.

My brain is always kind of like the pathetic Morty-esque style, like, "Oh, geez, can you stop? I know I'm an idiot, but please don't showcase it to the world please st-stop now :( Augh."

What exactly are you describing? I often get lost in my own head with imaginary conversations and realize Im making faces, gestures, or even saying things out loud. Its embarrasing when you respond to your own imaginart conversation out loud and the people next to you are like "what?". My wife catches me sometimes so I just tell her I'm thinking out loud....

6 more replies

5 more replies

My roommate jumped on a car as it was driving away. The driver hit the brakes and my roommate went sailing across the street.

I ran over to him only to hear "ehhhhhh....ehhhhhh.....ooooooh" and all I could think of was grape lady. Uncontrollable, guttural noises. I started laughing. Ik I suck.

2 more replies

I had a very bad experience in which i was in terrible ongoing agony with no immediate end in sight and I remember hearing myself shrieking and being confused at first because it was a terrible primal sound and i didn't realize it was coming from me right away. That was the only civil cohesive thought in my head at the time.
In retrospect it was interesting because I felt so detached from my body at the time.

5 more replies

I’ve always disliked this video because hearing those sounds makes me feel panicky.

6 more replies

I feel down the stairs and ravioli on me

19 points · 8 days ago

Once as a kid playing soccer I took a really bad hit and fell the ground and felt like I couldn’t breathe for 20-30 seconds and just writhed around making weird noises, until it went away. I left the field as people clapped, and my mom drive me to a walk in clinic. I’ve always felt really embarrassed about it because I’m sure everyone thought I was overreacting and being a drama queen, but for those 30 seconds I was just in full panic and pain mode. When your body thinks you’re dying, you can look and sound pretty stupid

70 more replies

2.3k points · 8 days ago · edited 8 days ago

I think she’s actually hurt there

1.8k points · 8 days ago

OAWWWW OOOO OWWWW OOOOOOOOOOO, OH I CAN'T, OW OW OWWWWWWW, OH STOP OH STOP, OOOOOOOOOOO, I CAN'T BREATHE, STOP, OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Oh boy, I think she's actually hurt, there

430 points · 8 days ago

Poor lady got hurt and started dictating a telegram.

72 points · 8 days ago

I’m in tears laughing at this and I don’t even know why I find it so funny.

5 more replies

13 more replies

66 more replies

Original Poster385 points · 8 days ago

Love how the lady responds with "No I think she is".

I hate these No actually Yes repeat what you just said responses.

56 points · 8 days ago

I hate when people do that. When I hear “No” as the first word out of someones mouth, my brain is expecting a counter-statement to what I originally said, yet when they instead agree with exactly what I said, it confuses my brain.

149 points · 8 days ago

No it’s actually really confusing

87 points · 8 days ago

( ͡⚆ ͜ʖ ͡⚆)╭∩╮

no youre right

4 more replies

8 more replies

16 more replies

4 more replies

Quote from an interview a few years later:

193 points · 8 days ago

Would ya mind giving us a quick yodel for the folks at home

I CAN’T BREATHE

49 points · 8 days ago

A few weeks in hospital for a couple broken ribs? That vineyard must have a hell of a great insurance plan.

10 more replies

This is not the quotation from a woman with a sense of humour. It is however the quote of a local weathergirl who just saw her big chance go face-first into the mud.

40 points · 8 days ago

That's what happens when you try to cheat in a grape-stomping contest

1 more reply

Probably easier to have a sense of humor about it if you're not a years-long subject to the internet's callousness.

9 more replies

8 more replies

Family guy did it

Holy shit. I've seen the original a hundred times, but this suddenly made it feel like I was watching for the first time again. wipes tear

50 points · 8 days ago

Wow. The moaning was awfully accurate.

48 more replies

Poor lady. I hope she has a good sense of humor about this, years later.

But I still can’t stop giggling hysterically at this video.

Nah, actually she had to go into hiding and is literally untraceable to this day.

IIRC I heard she initially tried to sue and get all the videos taken down off the early internet.

But of course once its on here its on here for life.

I feel bad, but this makes it even more funny.

317 points · 8 days ago · edited 8 days ago

Plus you can see Mellisa (the grape lady) violated sacred grape stoping rules and did an extra little stomp dance after she said "stop"... so you know she deserved it? (joke)

also Family Guy version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqtEi_aqGX0

Comment deleted8 days ago(1 child)

6 more replies

5 more replies

actually she had to go into hiding and is literally untraceable to this day.

y tho? theres like 5 pixels in the whole video, you cant even tell who it is

I mean, she's a reporter for the station, right? Wouldn't they have said, "And now to Sarah, who seems to have her feet in a bucket! Sarah?"... "That's right, Tom. I'm here with..."

51 more replies

165 points · 8 days ago · edited 8 days ago

Bummer. Crazy how much just owning something can alleviate your stress. Could have avoided the stress of a lawsuit and going into recluse if you just laugh at your own misfortune with others. I mean, I leapfrogged over a parking meter on senior year homecoming, hit my nuts at the top of my dismount and plummeted wrist first onto the sidewalk where my wrist snapped - all in front of my high school crush. It sucked and hurt but we ended up getting married years later because I can laugh and marvel at my own stupidity. If it was filmed on live TV we probably just would have gotten married quicker because it would have been even funnier.

To go into hiding but swat and bite at lawsuits like a cat under the bed, it reveals all I need to know about your character.

*EDIT spelling

44 more replies

20 more replies

166 points · 8 days ago

I think she is still kinda pissy about it, though who could blame her.

34 points · 8 days ago

Thank you! Finally I know what happened to the woman when she fell.

1 more reply

Comment deleted8 days ago(16 children)

16 more replies

Just any FYI, no one stays in the hospital for a few weeks "under observation". Observation only lasts for approximately 48 hours and you are admitted only if you have a clear medical issue requiring continued care under the guidance of a physician. Unless she had flail chest, it's highly doubtful she was admitted just because of broken ribs.

9 more replies

28 points · 8 days ago

Tragedy + time = comedy

4 more replies

29 more replies

228 points · 8 days ago · edited 8 days ago
121 points · 8 days ago

"You wanna do something gay with the rock and pee on it?"

"No, I... I wanna live"

"You can live...... but you wanna keep the rock and pee on it?"

1 more reply

That's a pretty good friend with the camera. He even stopped filming as soon as he was asked. I imagine some of the friends I had at that age laughing their asses off and calling me gay while I cried instead of blaming the rock.

Jukin media needs to fucking kill themselves.

7 more replies

79 points · 8 days ago

It's like something you hear when someone dies in a game.

It’s like the Wilhelm Scream if someone punched him in the throat in the middle of it

17 more replies

603 points · 8 days ago

I like how the two newscasters are almost cracking up.

I think they weren't laughing but trying to keep composure from being like "holy shit she just got fucked up! Can you believe that shit!''

2 more replies

Nervours laughter is a thing. Screwed up badly at work once and pissed off my boss because I was nervously laughing through our conversation. He didn't understand that it is a stress response for me.

Didn't realize I did it until then, and then talking to my mom sometime later understood that she does the same thing.

7 more replies

2 more replies

That lady founded /r/bonehurtingjuice and no one even knew.

949 points · 8 days ago

Sorry, but nothing beats women catapulting a watermelon into her own face. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cfeTZNcA3g

"You have to finish" daaaamn

212 points · 8 days ago

Lmao, her What!? after that is priceless.

The look her partner gives her after she says she can’t even see straight is what gets me hahah

144 points · 8 days ago

"They don't call it The Amazing Race" for nothing..."

I don't know. Whether or not she finished, that watermelon to the face was pretty amazing.

119 points · 8 days ago

Not even they care about concussions lmao.

60 points · 8 days ago

Yeah that brain got fucking shaked.

Fucking savage lmao

119 points · 8 days ago

They don't call it the amazing race for nothing.

"I'd like to speak to a manager then."

She probably got medical attention right away, then they cut that bit out and make it seem super brutal

Well it's not the okay race.

1 more reply

But the watermelon face girl acts like she'll get a free pass. She's getting eliminated.

6 more replies

309 points · 8 days ago

"I have the worst headache ever . . ."

Uhhh how the fuck is your nose not broken?

It looks like her chin took most of the impact and her head was back far enough that her nose was protected by it.

93 points · 8 days ago

Yeah she definitely got lucky and got hit in a good spot. Looks like it didn't even phase her. I've had soccer balls to the face and they hurt like hell, I can't imagine a watermelon blasting my face like that.

Nothing like a soccer ball to the face making you feel like you’ve got Hey Arnold head for a couple minutes.

8 more replies

173 points · 8 days ago

Did they really replay that so many times when it aired live?

I watched it live way back in 2010-ish. Even thought it was excessive then

1 more reply

Watched that episode when it aired, and yes they did replay it like that

Most likely

3 more replies

113 points · 8 days ago

Right in the kisser, show that knight who's boss

I mean, technically she did exactly what she was told...

"He is. He is the boss."

1 more reply

Dude this has to be one of the worst. Fucking watermelon is hard enough to shatter a windshield at this speed and she got it right in the face. I'm sure this caused at least a bit of brain damage and I can't believe no one is even helping her.

51 points · 8 days ago

I'm surprised she wasn't at least knocked unconscious. That slingshot was stretched out almost as far as it could go, and that knockback came in at a lethal speed.

31 points · 8 days ago · edited 8 days ago

She took that like a champ considering. Watermelon catapulting is something I can cross of my to do list anyway.

That lady was a badass for sure. She looked annoyed she had to continue, I'd have just quit.

"Right in the kisser."

That couldn't have been planned better if they tried. And the speed on that action was like some CGI shit. Damn, that was good.

10 points · 8 days ago

To be fair there's every chance that "right in the kisser" soundbyte was something she said 25 minutes before.

Original Poster75 points · 8 days ago

Haha wow I have never seen this before. Thank you for posting it.

51 points · 8 days ago

Pow right in the kisser

3 more replies

11 points · 8 days ago

"..'h-ooo God."

*slingshotting

Sorry.

35 more replies

I’ve been to that winery many times. I used to sell that brand at my past job. Chateau Elan

Reddit can really do a number on you sometimes. I've just spent a minute or two sounding Chateau Elan, searching for the pun.

8 more replies

I thought they renamed it to Chateauuuuuuohhhohhhhh Elan

14 more replies

449 points · 8 days ago · edited 8 days ago

This video ruined that reporters career. In fact, even though the fall happened a few years before it went viral, she had to be pulled from her role in front of the camera because the incedent was too distracting from her story. I worked with the former producer that was boothing that live shot when it happened. What you don't see is her back on air saying she's okay.

65 points · 8 days ago

Something I’ve always wondered: why didn’t they cut at least her mic feed quicker? I feel like if you’re the sound guy, and you hear a sound like that, you instinctively find her channel and cut it ASAP.

10 more replies

99 points · 8 days ago

'Boothing' a shot? What does that mean?

234 points · 8 days ago

I think it has something to do with assassination

I think it's an old, wooden ship.

5 more replies

Working in the production booth

16 points · 8 days ago

BRB boothing a shot.

7 more replies

63 points · 8 days ago

No "I'm ok" in the world can save her after all that moaning.

33 more replies

That’s the unmistakable sound of getting the wind knocked out of you. Only like 20 more times and you won’t sound like a dying animal when it happens again.

6 more replies

256 points · 8 days ago

I was interning at a local news station and we watched this thing over and over again, just rewinding on her guttural pain screams right before going live. The anchors were trying their best to hold their shit together. Every commercial break we would play the sound trying to get them to laugh. We did it for weeks.

17 more replies

Reminds me of this gem from 2011

205 points · 8 days ago

BWAH

151 points · 8 days ago

Oh man that was brutal 😮

18 more replies

91 points · 8 days ago

That's ends exactly where it needed to.

1 more reply

Every time I see this video I feel bad for that little girl but still giggle like a maniac involuntarily. That Bwah is just too funny.

8 points · 8 days ago

Jesus christ. I'm laughing, and feeling bad for laughing, which is causing me to laugh more. Also I can't stop rewatching it because it's so brutally funny. I hope that little girl is okay though.

21 more replies

51 points · 8 days ago

Ebaumsworld, rotten, 4chan and stileproject. The entertaining dirt ive seen at those places :0

11 points · 8 days ago

I totally forgot about stileproject! Man haven't heard that name in years.

6 more replies

7 more replies

Call that fruit by the foot

Grape Lady in 2008: "Am I embarrassed that I fell? Of course. I also broke a couple ribs, thanks for asking. I had to spend a few weeks in the hospital under observation. I suffered quite a bit for an honest mistake, a momentary lapse in concentration, and now I’m trying to move on."

41 points · 8 days ago

That’s some hard-hitting journalism!

47 points · 8 days ago

Details on Grape Lady: https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/grape-lady

While this accident eventually catapulted Ms. Sander into internet stardom, she suffered fracture injuries from that day and had to spent a few weeks under hospital care.

15 points · 8 days ago · edited 8 days ago

I'm just gonna start repeating my post. Basically, this follow up story seems like bullshit.

This story is an interesting case of how shit gets made up and believed on the internet.

1. When you google the radio show "totally real exposé", no show or history of a show appears. This was 2008 so it's pretty damn likely a syndicated radio show had a website. All of the results are related to "grape lady" and most are just repeating that exact same quote and sub quote brocouncil uses.

2. The other results that show up are links to "transcripts" of the radio show, except none of those sites are up anymore so the only place it can be found is in this ridiculous thread on a forum.

Scroll to the middle of the page to find it.

3. The host's name is Chuck Farnsworth. Googling Chuck Farnsworth also returns zero results related to 'radio'.

4. Read the transcript. It's pretty obviously fake.

So yeah, that story seems to be false, even though it's plastered all over the place (like at knowyourmemes.) We should probably stop repeating it.

EDIT: And if anyone's curious why I felt the need to repost this several times, it's because readers doing poor background research has become endemic. This is a benign example of it, but it's the same problem that causes shit like Pizzagate or any number of Alex Jones-led stories.

3 more replies

120 points · 8 days ago

Scrolled this far and no one has posted the fucking remix?

Love how the creator put the lyrics up there for us too...I wasn’t Sure I was hearing them right.

Original Poster36 points · 8 days ago

This is content right here.

13 points · 8 days ago · edited 8 days ago

This put a big ol' stupid nostalgia-smile on my face.

Techno remixes of 'fails' were the bread and butter of the internet 10+ years ago.

5 more replies

Hit it, grape lady

3 more replies

167 points · 8 days ago

The "Stewie" rendition is amazing

169 points · 8 days ago
111 points · 8 days ago

imagine the original lady seeing that and thinking "fuck you seth macfarlane"

3 more replies

4 more replies

10 more replies

As bill burr said, that’s the sound from a women whose never had the wind knocked the shit out of her before

928 more replies

The best place for video content of all kinds. Please read the sidebar below for our rules.

About /r/videos

A great place for video content of all kinds. Direct links to major video sites are required (e.g. YouTube, Vimeo, etc). Join the discussion below!

r/videos Rules
No Politics
No Personal Information or Witch-Hunting
Submit Direct Link to Video
No Porn or Gore
No Solicitation of Votes or Views
No Hate Speech
No Videos of Assault or Public Freakouts
No Third Party Licensing
Videos Only
Detailed Rules

Find a more detailed explanation of our rules here.

Moderation

Removals & Warnings

• If your submission does not appear in the new queue, please contact us (be sure to include a link to the Reddit post (i.e. comments section), not the content you are linking). Simply deleting your post may cause the spam filter to catch future ones.

• Note: Submissions from new users, and users with low karma, are automatically removed to help prevent spam.

• Also, please contact us regarding spam, political or any other inappropriate videos, as this helps us remove them more quickly! When reporting, please explain why you think it should be removed.

• Do not message moderators individually about posts not appearing in the new queue or ban appeals. Messages should be sent as a modmail to /r/Videos. Failure to do so may result in a ban.

Feedback and Spoiler Tags