Posted by
$$ USA $$
5 months ago

Daily Discussion - January 24, 2018

Please keep all memes and market talk within this daily discussion.

Check out the Waltonchain All-in-One Thread for all your information needs

Upcoming

EventTime
Genesis Block/Parent Chain operationalQ1 2018
Converting from an ERC20 to WTC tokensQ1 2018
Operational Release of MasternodesQ1 2018
Airdrop Reward Payout to MasternodesQ1 2018
Sort by

How does one get a slack invite. Can't seem to find a link in the sidebar or the all in one thread.

still worth to invest?

One of the most ambitious projects in crypto with patented tech that's been proven successful in field trials and still well under $1B market cap. I'm still buying.

always friendo

Comment deleted5 months ago(1 child)
#wtchodl

give it a couple weeks and the fomoers will be in early for price, anything sub $100 is probably early adopters

If people think the conference is the biggest thing for Walton, they are so wrong. It is just a start. There are greater milestones on our path. Rewards, airdrops, main net release, child chains, new partnerships. These and other unseen ones will drive the value up and up. And all these things are happening in early 2018.

This is how VEN and WTC posts always get locked. Users report vote manipulation every single time. At least edit out "upvote please" from your comment and I'll do the same.

sweet post!

I think 320k sats will be our newsletter support. It was only our ATH for a while but we retraced 50% and slowly climbed back and broke it on great volume. Big things ahead!

I really don't wanna but i might have to sell half of my WTC holding within the next couple of days. I could really use the money right now to pay off my credit card. Def gonna keep the other half for long term though.

Really glad that WTC is going up :)

Realizing gains is never wrong. We can not 100% predict what will happen to WTC tomorrow, or on the 28th. The relieving of stress, and the joy for being out of credit card debt does not have a dollar value. Paying off your debt is a smart move.

If you need to sell some I would wait until the 27th or 28th at least

1 point · 5 months ago(2 children)

The event is on the 28th. That’s why I said if he has to he should look to sell on the 27th or 28th

Yeah, and people sell on events or news. Just happened with VEN last night

Coinmarketcap just updated VEN’s coinsupply. Marketcap is $3.5 bill!!!! Seriously? WTC are 10x more superior than VEN... Basicly I see no problem that WTC will be at same marketcap ($140 pr WTC) in short time. Peace!

Yup this is making me consider jumping ship, I get that VEN is a solid project but that’s waaay too many coins in circulation.

This was always the case right? I think it was released in an AMA what the actual supply was. Just CMC who hasn't updated.

why is WTC going up in the last few days all the way from 25$?

check their twitter

I don't have twitter. could you please post link?

Rumor about an announcement leading up to an actual announcement about a meeting on the 28th. They'll be talking about their image update, project updates, and signing contracts with several partners among other things, in the presence of 20~ media outlets. Just look around there's more info on the event

Huge WTC event 28th January.

How I feel holding WTC while VEN is red

1b market cap incoming.

Hi Waltonians,

Right now i'm very pleased from the nice grow we are witnessing, but...

I'm wondering what will happen the 28th on market side?

Some advices?

Do you expect some dumps? on what magnitude?

Well, sell the news is not the point here because news is out. We know what the news is. People did not sell on the news which was the conference on 28th. Sell the news would not properly work for coins that have master node system as millions of coins are locked. considering lots of whales are jumping in wtc, I would not take the risk of sell high, by low thing.

I don't know for sure but the WTC community has very strong hands. Sure there might be some people selling or other people finding new ways to FUD but I think that has mostly passed. A lot of the coins are locked-in in GMN and MN and most people who buy into WTC believe in the tech and won't sell so easily.

We already partly know what the news will be but the new brand image release should be exciting and might have some positive market effect. I don't think we shoudl expect a complete rebranding with name change etc.

Also don't forget about the Mainnet release, bithumb listing, airdrops for GMN's and MN's and third child-chain announcement. There also will be more clarification on the China IoT alliance in the future. There is so much more to come that this is just the beginning. The event on the 28th is only the starter dish. So much more on the menu!

If I have learned 1 thing in crypto, it's that when everyone thinks something is for sure going to happen, the complete opposite does. So I would take everyone's consensus and expect the opposite. Now in my soul opinion, not based on what anyone else thinks, I think we are on a bull run to $70-$100 and we won't dump after the event. I believe there will be some type of consolidation as there always is, but not some huge dump

With a lot of pre-pump before an announcement, usually what happens is that there is a dump on the day of the announcement that was anticipated (buy the rumor sell the news). Since it's been pumping nonstop with no end in sight, I'd say this is likely the scenario unless it has a decent sized correction before 28th.

ty

Realistically, it will probably be dumped because that always seems to happen after announcements with any crypto. Hopefully the news is amazing and it pumps more.

Either way I'm not selling for a long time.

Traders will always sell the news. But if the conference is bullish, it'll pick up and go higher. Just the VEN's China announcements.

Most people here will say they won't sell the news, but it's hard to say because during the China Mobile IoT announcement, there was a dump.

I think the reason people sold was because there was some confusion about Walton being in negotiation and the alliance not being a done deal.

There was, and the WTC team made a clarification tweet. Who's to know if another type of miscommunication or unforeseen event could occur and tank the price? You know there are a lot of jealous FUDers that lurk around here waiting to pounce at any typo lol.

crazy people selling upon good news! China Mobile IoT sounds amazing, but with this ongoin crazy pump in beartimes who knows what will happen

Yea. Walton is bulling the fuck out of everything in sight while everyone else is a bear. It's fascinating and I'm glad I'm on for the ride.

my man, WTC is the only crypto in my portfolio with a green shine right now! happy to be in!

This is incredible. It's been a while since my portfolio goes up literally every five minutes LOL.

Excited to see what'll happen in two years; gonna have to hold that long at least since short terms tax gains are stupid in the US

What is going on with this pump...It's completely crazy. I held for months and sold yesterday to buy back in after all this pumping but it literally has not consolidated once. Still patiently waiting for a healthy correction. Anyone on the same boat?

Why are you acting surprised the price is moving before a large event? That's literally crypto 101.

-3 points · 5 months ago

Because every single time I've held onto coins in the past before large events, or waited until the large event to sell, the price always dumped super hard. I expected the same to happen for this but so far it's looking overbought. I'm all in on WTC btw I'm super bullish but wanted to increase my stack.

8 points · 5 months ago · edited 5 months ago

It's a good thing for Walton that the VEN circulating supply was corrected today, so now people can really see how undervalued Walton is. VEN mcap is around $3.4B, Walton's is $943M...So I think Walton will keep climbing in the near future.

I'm new to crypto, bought walton at $17 the day before it shot up, then made the classic newbie mistake of buying more when it pumped to $35(even then I still thought it was undervalued, but as a newbie I didn't think about the consolidating period.) Was unhappy with myself for a while, but I guess the recent bull run reduced the pain, and I got an investing lesson for cheap.

Are you me lol? Did exaxtly the same. But do very much agree 35 is still undervalued. I think we wont see <50 again as of februari, bar a full market/btc collapse.

January has also behaved quite differently to the preceding year. Noone expected the crypto market cap to drop by 50%. That is more or less a god event in my mind. WTC has been a good investment to shore up most of my portfolio and the coin I am most bullish about

5 points · 5 months ago · edited 5 months ago

The lesson is that the pain of losing $1 does not offset with the joy of gaining $1. You can't time the market. Mr. Market always wins. When you bought at $35 it could have kept going up. You wouldn't have known until time went by and you look back. Never beat yourself up over these decisions, and you will grow as an investor. Just my opinions.

yea, definitely a good lesson and I'll remember it more than anything haha. It's not a good idea to buy when it just double in the last 24hr and shot straight up

It corrected from ATH of ~40$ to the 20-25$ range like a couple weeks ago, what do you mean?

That $40 ATH that people keep mentioning is from a whale or 2 doing a massive buy and then others subsequently selling once the pump slowed down while they kept their stack for future use. That ATH was TOO quick.

That's crypto. It can keep going for long that's why I'm always scared of scalping.

I think this is all a culmination of multiple months of good news finally being recognized + fomo + conference announcement.

I think WTC deserves the price pump completely. I predicted $40 extremely soon just 2 days ago myself but I figured there would be SOME rationality before it hit that mark. Broke my own rules!

Just finally working our way up to a market cap valuation that isn't undervalued. Nothing to see here.

Ex fuccking actly EthRogen. Anyone that is like wow, its a trend and will dump like I saw before, with another shiittcoin, yes thats possible, but Walton is a real product, unlike most of the BS whitepapers. Cardano has a nice whitepaper, but no product!!!! And Cardano is 19 billion. Crypto bubbles will burst with coins that have whitepapers and no product...WTC doesn't give a shiiit because its real.

the supply is really low as well compared to Vechain. 20 Vechains out there for every WTC out there it became known when coinmarketcap updated their info

Just moved over from Ven cmc updated circulating supply and it is actually 455,471,810 VEN as opposed to 24,898,178 WTC so 20 times more VEn supply than wtc.... anyhow tech smart cities and Iot and telecom and more sounds like amazing things happening to Walton and that promotion music for the event was quite hype like bombastic movie score! :)

It's a lot happier here than over there, that is for sure!

I have been in Ethereum from January and Neo from May but WaltonChain feels even better. So much good news untill now and so much news to follow. We are some lucky people!

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!

And this one over here, too!

Looking very spicy.

If you have been in business for years like me, you will easily understand that walton is superior both in software and hardware, compared to other coins. Just look at how others do marketing. The more they try to promote their coin, the more I understand there is nothing behind it. Walton will do marketing but the reason they are not bothered with marketing for now is because they are creating something that will worth billions of dollars very soon. I believe that they will also be listed in one of the greatest stock markets in the future. Their ride has just began and we are following.

I have been glad that, I am hodling 10 NEO or 4 ether. WTC will feel like that. So do not compare wtc with penny coins which are under 1 dollar and do not have anything but marketing. Even if you get 20 WTC now, you will feel glad when it hits top 15 in CMC.

this community is one of the most active, educated and smart ones in this space. WTC is a really long term investment that you send it to MEW and forget it.

you cant forget checking MEW every minute while enjoying that great greeeeen candle at 1day scale chart

Feel like selling this and buying more, always wanted a bracelet))

FOUND THE 4CHANNER

How many WTC you want in trade?

#wtchodl

Yeah I’d totally sell a watch that’s nothing but bling for something that provides me future value

would lose alot % trying to move it quickly but still thinking..

#wtchodl
1 point · 5 months ago

Lose % moving a Rolex?

hard to find local buyer, not us based

and pm on strap is always a harder sell

Do you trim your arm hair?

)) every spring

Does it scratch and get damaged easily? I'm thinking about getting one but I haven't been able to take great care of my watches

yup, total scratch magnet, stays in teh box mostly

i like the steel/bracelet/non-ceramic/lume dial more but beggers can't be choosers, picked up pre-owned for a decent % off msrp

back on teh train, these days are exciting)

Love the watch

TY mate!

Been thinking about a no date submariner - what do you think about those?

Love it. I had a 16610 (non ceramic from 1989) with a date, was built like a tank.

I always liked the nodate better :)

damn, 12k huge wall jsut got busted @ wtc go go

If this momentum continues Waltonchain will be breaking a billion before this Sunday's festivities!

That would only be a 10% move

I’m soon to jump on this upward moving train. Does anyone see think a downward trend is in the near future? Thanks

Considering how quickly WTC shot up in last few hours, I'd say probably it might drop to somewhere around 260-270K. But I don't think it'll dip below that. But you know, 300k or 270k doesn't really matter. In long term, hodl will definitely get you some nice returns.

every time it has tried dipping today, its always goes back up. There is a lot of buy support. I feel those dips are people trying to day trade and they're going to get burned.

nobody ever predicts a downtrend, for all we know bitcoin could crash the 27th and WTC goes down 30% overnight

Impossible to predict dips, but I can tell you that mid-to-long term Walton is certainly headed up far above where it is now. Even if you do not time the market perfectly at entry, you will benefit very nicely if you hold.

18 points · 5 months ago · edited 5 months ago

Honestly considering pulling a 50-75% chunk of my VEN holding out and putting into WTC.

Anyone else here followed suite?

Hopefully you got out before it tanked. I did a little, but man, what a bummer day for VEN with such a good live stream event. My only positive out of today is slowly buying WTC on dips. I also pulled out all my ICX cause I bought into the FUD that mainnet was delayed till the 31st (was going to buy back after the dip.) Fuck people who FUD, that is just plain BS.

1 point · 5 months ago

I pulled some out. Still have some. I’ll just hold it until we get back to ATH.

I did something similar and went with a 80/20 split between the WTC and VEN.

am about to do something similar, Ven has risen much more last month than walton and walton might have some upsides to iy

1 point · 5 months ago

I’m worried that ven will become xrb part two and go down because it has so much hype but with my luck it’ll go up.

yeah it sucks getting caught in hype that dies out... wish I had a dependable crystal ball

As much as i would want to tell you to do this, i would do it with caution because ven is going through a tiny dip and wtc is at an ath.

Maybe wait a bit and try to catch a wtc dip

well Ven has risen much more the last month than Ven and maybe wtc will keep building momentum until event on January 28, and then will WTC dip? or not? I dont know what to think really, crypto can be mystical

I set my VEN sell order at 80k sat. That’s still over double my original buy-in.

If you had an amount of fiat on GDAX right now wich you'd like to invest in WTC, would you dollar cost average in until the 28th or would you wait and hope to buy at a dip?

i would average in leading up to the 28th

the price being higher than $35 is closer to a guarantee than the price dipping below $35 after the 28th

the 28th is likley to be a sell the news event

With the size of this event, and the fact that korean exchanges open for new investors again on the 30th, anyone who sells the news risks getting burned and could be forced to buy back in at a higher price. Proceed with this tactic at your own risk.

"Sell the news" only became a thing because most of the announcements in crypto are lame. I do not think this one will be, at all. ;-)

i would LOVE for you to be right but i've been around the scene long enough to see all these big events to be nothing but whale dump opportunities

great recent example is the SWIFT Chainlink event which was hyped beyond belief - Chainlink gets pumped up until the day of the event/conference whatever and then dumped into oblivion

Can't guarantee anything, but the whole point of whales dumping is to buy back in again and ride up even higher. So, if it does happen, just hold and Walton will continue its rise up like it has over the last few months...although I anticipate the rise to happen at a much faster rate than it has so far.

Also, while I don't know much about Chainlink or their event, I am guessing that this Walton event will be much bigger and much different. You also cannot discount the fact that there is a HUGE demand for WTC in Asia, and the Koreans will be able to open new accounts again just a couple days after this event, when demand will most likely be even higher than it is now.

In short, we are on the brink of many huge things happening with Walton. In my opinion the growth that is laid out before us over the course of 2018 completely overshadows any short term swing trading games that some like to try and play. Proceed at your own risk with those :-)

That would indicate that the best option would be to average in until the 29th. That way one could be lucky and buy a small dip.

Yeah I thought about this but there is so much media coverage that I feel WTC should pick up a tonne of new investors. Let's hope!

Depends how long u plan to hold

I rather see myself as a long time holder. WTC is already the largest chunk of my portfolio. I'd like to invest more now, before it really takes off and might take some out again after reaching a certain gain. I don't really have a fixed timeframe.

Simple, just wait till it’s 4 digits. Now you can buy whenever hahaha

In doubt whether i should cash out some MOD to buy more WTC or wait for their monthly report by the end of the month. If wtc would dip after the 28th that would probably be the most profitable. If it keeps going up, MOD really has to announce something big to make up the losses of waiting :/

MOD still has tons of market cap room to play with. Very undervalued right now! I'd give it time. Of course, I'm definitely more into WTC :)

Both are worth holding, and while I am obviously a little biased (being on the WTC subreddit), the scope and size of Walton is much larger than MOD and I believe the long term growth potential of Walton is much higher.

I agree MOD has a lot of potential but the scope of WTC is just so much bigger.

I'll definitely keep some MOD but I'm looking to increase my WTC some more

Seems like a logical plan!

Have around 190 WTC which I bought around the $25 range. Really want to add quite a bit more. Is after the 28th really the best buying opportunity left?

It sure seems like Walton is relatively unknown in Asia right now. That may not be the case after the 28th. People may sell the news... or many more people may see Walton on the news for the first time.

I would assume the price will go up leading up to the 28th right now, and depending on any new information go from there. If your planning to buy, I would do at least a portion prior to the 28th, in the event it skys like it did with China Mobile.

another sats ATH?

Delta has been notifying me of a new ATH every 30-45 mins today for WTC

This one is just one of many coming soon

looks like it!

What do you guys think will happen to the market when the CME futures expire on the 26th?

The CME futures thing is overplayed. If anything happens it'll be d-t psychological effects.

Probably not much. I don’t think they are sizeable enough to make a real impact on the market.

But a little increase would be enough to activate a major fomo.

For all those saying you don’t want to FOMO in, we still aren’t even at a billion dollar market cap...

When in doubt, cost average it out.

Always good advice.

Soon we'll be to the point where sub $30 WTC will be out of the picture. If BTC has a run we'll break the USD ATH, which would be fun. Might see a little negotiation after the event just because that's what people expect. But then February holds many developments for the project. Can't wait to see the marketing leading up to mainnet. The only big hiccup I can see is having mainnet delayed far into Q2. I think it will probably be delayed until end of April/beginning of May because the scope with three child chains is massive. After mainnet, wow, just interstellar. I think WTC is now on everyone's mind and can be recognized easily. Maybe people just don't understand the history of it and how much price/holder consolidation we've already gone through. The steady growth is nice because it sneaks up on you and makes holders feel there's always a little more around the corner. With giant spikes we tend to get profit-takers. It'll happen once in awhile of course, but I really like Walton's plan for the next 3 months. Hoping lots of people can get a comfy seat on this ride.

I don’t care how long it takes them anymore, I just hope it runs smoothly, and functions properly as planned. I just hope that the blockchain can handle the demand and can still remain secure.

That, I believe, is what’s going to guarantee us the run to 500+.

agree with you. I don't care much about the daily price or when they are releasing the mainnet. Let them release when they are ready. They earned my respect and confidence. On top of that, they are going to airdrop to compensate for delay.

What else can you ask for .. they are doing everything they should to keep their honor.

I am sold to WTC for life.

What is an airdrop?

Exactly. People still just look at token price without realizing that $30 isn't more expensive than 7 cents when that 7 cent coin has a market cap in the billions already.

what does that tell you .... there will be lot of burn sooner or later. Hide in mature coins like WTC and save your life irrespective of what happens to crypto, we can weather thru the storms.

Agreed, whatever storms come along over the next few years, projects with real world use and adoption and real technology will survive and those coins based on hype and ideas only will die.

all we can do is educate :)

Indeed!

$300 EOY, and that’s a conservative guess.

because reasons?

500$

$500 would give us a similar run up over the course of a year to what DASH had. And Walton's scope and size is many times larger than DASH. As wild as it sounds, 300-500 is very realistic if things go according to plan like they have so far...and at this point most of the hard work has been done (developing the new scalable blockchain tech, the new RFID chips, and gaining partnerships).

Very conservative

People are saying that it will correct but hasn’t it done that already multiple times? It was 40 and went down to 20 and now it went up to 30 and down to 25. Now it’s holding steady at 34 and already been down to 26. Worst case is a correction at 30 right?

you are right, we went thru so many consolidations perhaps more then BTC :) I think at this time WTC is held by hands of steel as someone said. Cutting below $25 would need a market disaster. I think $30 is our base from here on. If the 28th event goes to gather momentum as expected, we can happily shift our base to $35 and never look back.

8 points · 5 months ago · edited 5 months ago

Yeah unless btc goes down to $8k or $9k I don’t really think WTC will lose much value. The other thought is that this spike is a run up to the conference on the 28th, but if anything I think it will go up after the conference. So yeah I don’t expect to see many opportunities sub $30 anymore.

Whales will probly sell the news after the conference

Likely.... but... Walton has a tendency of under promising and over delivering. They could have something huge up their skeeve...

Yep.

If it's a new feature for the platform or something then it will take a while to implement. Other things, like new partnerships, etc, would also take time before they generate actual profits. So the whales will dump on the news, buy back in low, and wait for the real value to be added to the network, then repeat the process on the next big announcement.

I’d say that’s our one opportunity sub $30 again, if it happens.

If this happens it all, they will buy back in for cheaper and the price will come back up steadily. Just hold and all will be good!

Yep, but we can hope

Have you guys checked the Weiss ratings? That's the only B Vitalik received in his life.

Everything is a B on that list. I give the Weiss rating agency a solid "B".

That's generous

Why did they skip over us? They did so many lol. Guess we didn’t pay them enough. Probably would have gotten a d

The whole things is a joke - happy walton wasn't included tbh

Me too, the report was a publicity stunt for Weiss

Got in last night, mostly because of your community here on Reddit. Let's go lads.

Welcome! Glad to have you as part of this community :-)

Just in too at 29 and 34 usd. I hope there are some legs left in this yet....

Train hasn't even left yet. That being said, Walton is a hold coin, its not going to make you rich over night. This is the real deal and not a hype coin...plan on holding for mid to long term (6 months or more) and you will be very happy.

Don’t worry, I bought in at nearly $40 when it spiked on the 12th. I’ve heard some pretty high predictions for this coin and I wouldn’t be surprised to see a $100 WTC by this time next year (though some of the other predictions are much higher, I’m anticipating stunted market growth at certain points this year).

I wouldn't be surprised to see $100 WTC this time next month.

There may be a space shuttle involved ;)

Welcome! Hope you stick around for the long run, we're in for a fun ride :)

To the people planning to mine, what will your setup look like? Dont really know how to prepare for as well as CPU mining as GPU mining. Im going to buy a gpu rig soon, but what should i do for CPU mining when mainnet goes live?

I would focus on finding gpus at a reasonable price now. by the time you get your system up and running, cpu mining will probably be unprofitable.

Im pretty tech savy, so setting it up should be oké, may be optimizing hashrates will take some time! Thanx for the tip tho, why you recon CPU mining will be over that quick?

As soon as someone develops a way for gpu mining, cpu mining profits should drop substantially. Same for gpu's when/if asics are developed. I'm not saying you shouldn't bother. I definitely recommend cpu mining at launch but just know it will likely not stay profitable for long.

I'm mining with my CPU and I will buy some ASIC when GPU mining will be over.

Are you going to skip the entire gpu portion of the mining? I’d like to mine as well but not sure about buying 6 gpus, esp if it go to ASICS down the road.

How are you mining already?

I will sorry* but I think u can mine with the test wallet

Does the test wallet net you real WTC to keep or is it just for testing? Sorry, newb here

just for testing

Ok thanks

Hold off. GPU mining won't be for another 5-8 months. Just get a decent CPU, and then buy a rig with some wtc profits closer to GPU mining release.

Hmm interesting, you recon of will take that long to transfer from CPU to GPU? feedback is appriciated, thanx for the help!

Yes. They explained in the slack AMA that they would be starting with CPU mining so that more people secure the network, and then they would introduce GPU later once the network is secure. They estimated Q3 for GPU mining.

Where is a link to find out more about Walton mining? What kind of reward do you think you can get per GPU?

I can only speak for the testnet, but its awarding 16 WTC for each completed block. i have not been able to find any information other than the algorithm will be similar to X11. I hope we will be able to modify sgminer to perform the algorithm for gpu mining but I wouldnt expect that before the launch. I also have not found anything in regards to pools being set up.

I wouldnt recommend building a new system just for CPU mining.

You can find the links to the Masternode AMA and Beta AMA Parts 1 & 2 in the All-in-One Thread.

The Masternode AMA provides some insight into the reward pool system, but no hard numbers. The Beta AMAs clarify that the total rewards from a masternode will be "not less than Dash’s first year Masternodes rewards."

Would a ryzen 5 1600x be considered decent?

AMD or Intel for CPUs?

Or does no one know yet on which CPUs perform better.

We don't know which is optimal yet.

I’m waiting for any announcements and further details... this will be my first mining rig I’m excited!

you should start shopping now. Unless you want to pay a premium, you can expect to wait

5 more replies

142 more replies

Creating an open ecosystem that seamlessly combines the blockchain and the internet of things.

r/waltonchain Rules
No Inappropriate Behavior
Keep Discussion on Point
No Duplicate Threads
No Misleading Titles
No duplicated questions that are addressed in FAQ
No brigading.