Disney World's brand new Orlando attraction, "The Magic of School Security Guards" may have gone too far

Sort by

As ocean levels rise, America's military is taking the fight with global warming to the front lines

220 points · 1 month ago

Watch out! It's carbon dioxide, shoot it!!

It's comin' right for us!

I.. I can't, it's everywhere!!

Oh no, It's coming out of johnsons body! he's been compromised!

11 points · 1 month ago
32 points · 1 month ago

Better than OP's

Original Poster158 points · 1 month ago · edited 1 month ago
104 points · 1 month ago

I get that the glasses may not care about the water but there's still water all in your eyes!

45 points · 1 month ago

And your gun. I'm not an expert in gun maintenance, but somehow I don't think guns that have been submersed in water are that effective over the long haul.

Some guns are totally fine with it, and some of them will have some trouble. Heck, some guns are made specifically so that they can be taken scubadiving by amphibious troops. AK-47s are particularly sturdy- every once in a while someone will find one from like 30 years ago, buried in mud, and will be able to rinse it out and get it to work again.

56 points · 1 month ago

The AK-47 was also built so a brain damaged drunkard could service it.

But I look at that thing and I think, “gee, I'd probably want to clean and re-oil that before firing it.”

This is a testament to my old neighbor’s stupidity, who managed to fire his through a wall in his house while attempting to clean it. Luckily, no one was injured. Idiot.

32 points · 1 month ago

See, shit like this is why I think we need basic, sensible gun regulation. Like mandatory gun safety education in all 50 states. In some states it's mandatory, others it's not.

I mean, imagine some kid had been walking past his house and had been struck by that stray bullet. Is that kid's life not worth the old dude having to sit through a 20 minute safety course?

I'd like to see if these gun safety courses actually reduce the amount of accidental discharges/accidental shootings.

I'm sure it does, and I do agree that it should probably be a requirement in every state. Like, we have CPR training licenses that expire. For CPR. I don't think that it's too ridiculous to require that soon-to-be gun owners watch a video/answer some questions at the end of it.

14 points · 1 month ago

I mean, even if it only saves one life, is it not worth it? Look at how many kids out there are finding loaded guns, some even accidentally shoot people. I find it absolutely staggering that in this country simple steps, that AFAIK even the NRA doesn't oppose, is a controversial topic to be fought tooth and nail.

I mean, if it literally only saves one life, the cost of running these classes and the time spent by people taking those classes will almost certainly be worth more than whatever one life is valued at.

But, still. It'll likely save lives, and frankly it's probably something that pro-gun owners would at least not be too upset about.

-2 points · 1 month ago

Reframe your first sentence:

I mean, even if it only saves one life, is it not worth it to give up all of your income for the rest of your life?

...

I mean, even if it only saves one life, is it not worth it to give up your first amendment rights?

...

I mean, even if it only saves one life, is it not worth it to give up on your family?

Etcetera.

There does come a point where 'the life' of another has an abstract cost too high.

I can save the lives of, I would surmise, many people if the punishment for all crimes was lifetime solitary confinement. No release means no recidivisim!

Obviously the cost of that is very high, but it's the criminals that bear it you see!

You see what I'm poking at here? Maybe, maybe this saves a life. But is that worth the erosion of a right?

4 points · 1 month ago

something to chew on: we're talking about the AK-47 because someone mentioned you can take it scuba diving and then still be able to fire it. to be able to get a tank filled for diving, you need a certificate that takes about a week of training to get, depending how much time per day you devote. the hard part of scuba diving with a gun is getting the right to scuba dive.

PADI is not a governmental agency, it's a private group that has buy-in from basically everyone in the SCUBA community. You have the legal right to scuba dive without any certification, but dive shops may not sell you the gear you need without seeing your card.

Conceivably, the NRA could do something similar and pressure gun shops into not selling to uncertified people, but they won't because they're in the pocket of gun companies.

I agree completely. I carry daily in Florida, and there is absolutely no required training to own a gun, and a pathetic amount of minimal training to carry. If you’re willing to use a weapon like that, you should want to be as trained as possible.

Exactly. We train people on how to safely operate a car, a vehicle that if mishandled can harm others. A gun is a device specifically designed to harm others. Ensuring people who have them know how to handle them safely, so you don't harm the wrong people, should not be a controversial idea.

Maybe they were dealing with to many people getting licenses because of r/floridaman

When I got my long gun permit, it took a 7 hour course and 10 shots of 22 ammunition to prove I’m safe with guns. A 20 minute course wouldn’t even scratch the surface. Mandatory safety courses for permits are already a thing in Connecticut at least

Right, I think it's mandatory here in Minnesota too. But I'm say at an absolute minimum can't we at least make people learn about things like safely and securely storing their firearms before they buy one.

That’s what was in the 7 hour course for me. Adopting this for all states wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world, but people refuse any gun restrictions because they think it might lead to more restrictions in the future

9 points · 1 month ago

I'll trade you for the Hughes amendment.

The problem with this well-intentioned idea is that it's guaranteed to be abused by some states not to increase safety, but to reduce gun ownership. Eg, by making a test impossible, or only offering the class yearly at an odd location/time.

I’ve taken one of these classes in a mostly liberal state. It wasn’t too difficult to find the class, but it was like $40, 7 hours of work and some range time. The wait for the license was 3 months, and overall I would say it’s not that bad. There were many classes at different times of the year

Those blue states typically have a vested interest in hunting. Here in Minnesota we're pretty blue, and we aren't even talking about such an extreme, so I'd say it's far from "guaranteed."

You could use the same logic about cars, but California hasn't made their driving test impossible to pass.

No, but I live in CA and know a ~large~ number of people who have mentioned they want to use safety courses as a tool to make it near-impossible to get a gun

Connecticut has a massive deer problem in the southern part of the state. They are trying to make it as appealing to hunters as possible. In 2 zones, you could take an infinite amount of deer if you take them in a certain order

I saw this in a YouTube video (that I'd love to see again if someone has the link.) Soldiers in Afghanistan were in the desert hunting for old Soviet weapons caches. They dig an AK out of the mud, knock the dirt off, pour a bunch of oil though the bolt, and dump an entire mag without a jam.

If you don't clean it then yeah it'll be damaged. Like a car.

Although many guns don’t give a shit if some water is in the mechanism (trigger sears, the hammer), if you pull the trigger without draining the water out of the barrel, you would definitely blow apart the barrel.

That is why the AR-15 and similar guns have a forward assist, it is so you can use the charging handle to pull back the bolt carrier a little to unplug the barrel so the water in it can flow out, as well as let the water that ended up in the buffer tube to drain. After that, you simply let go then smack the forward assist.

The G36 (what appears to be in the video) lacks a dedicated forward assist but a similar action can be taken: pull the ambi charging handle to one side, push it straight in to lock it, then pull back to drain out the water, then smack the locked handle as if it were the forward assist.

your knowledge of the function of firearms makes me excited.

The G36 pictured is I think one of the first rifles to advertise being safely fireable immediately after removal from water.

If you’re bored it’s called the Over The Beach or OTB spec, which basically just involves drilling holes to let everything drain out quickly.

Realistically most will (probably) not explode if given a minute to drain after being underwater.

AK-47's would beg to differ.

68 points · 1 month ago

Everyone in this video looks like a douche bag when they put those glasses on.

Lmao this is perfect

HD stands for "Huge Douche"

As seen are r/all right now Add these glasses to the starter pack.

11 points · 1 month ago

I see this all the time when my dad watches Fox News. It’s fucking hilarious.

8 points · 1 month ago

This is one of the best infomercials ever. I was in a hotel with friends absolutely trashed and this came on and I was cackling and calling out to them to see it and they didn't even giggle. Glad I'm not the only one who found it hilarious.

5 points · 1 month ago

Gotta have that tactical advantage, my dude.

I get all my product recommendations from Tanto Paronto!

Original Poster3 points · 1 month ago

If I don't get the Tanto Paronto 'Seal of Approval', it's a No-Go for me

"reduce glare without darkening your view"

"It's just the clarity of everything around you. It's like it brightens everything up"

How do these people think sunglasses work?

1 point · 1 month ago

So great special agent Jack Decker uses them when hunting down the talibans

I don't get the point of all these infomercial sunglasses. FFS they're sunglasses what's the difference.

You guys remember that time Disney made a Vietnam war movie?

Yeah, Dumbo firebombing Vietnamese civilians was pretty harsh.

What are you talking about I love Mulan!

/s

67 points · 1 month ago

There's gators in them waters!

G36 justified.

Lol next level marketing. "If we show this, people will think if they buy our glasses, they will be cool like some special forces soldier."

There is very much an industry of products marketed to make people feel exactly this way.

I mean it's already called the "HD vision special ops"

I cant help but laugh at what this dude is thinking the whole time. Like "what the fuck, theyre actually paying me to fuck around in this outfit and swim in a pond? Shit alright this is like haloween but its my job. Oooo yeah im a secret special forces guy pew pew pew. Alright wheres my check"

134 points · 1 month ago

Americans are so weird.

Am American. Can confirm

27 points · 1 month ago

But at least we're not like those silly Canadians, amirite?

35 points · 1 month ago

Canadian here. Can confirm, Americans are weird

They dont even have guns in their sunglasses commercials!

Or prescription medication on their tourist attraction commercials!!! That damn universal healthcare! /s

I'm sorry, I am having trouble hearing you from the moon.

And the USSR is having trouble hearing you from going to space first.

I cant hear the USSR over the sound of our union still existing.

USSR can't hear you after becoming the Russian Federation and grabbing your government, society, and the underpinnings of your democratic process by the balls.

Now why you gotta make this all political?

Some people can only speak politics in the same way those guys with signs say the world is going to end. They involve it into every aspect of life of how can I be political, to the party, to the speudo religion that is the modern politic.

Ur mom

They’re just upset Vermont has a higher GDP

Well there is no sound in space so that is understandable.

Anime was a mistake

I used to think that too. There’s actually good Anime though. Check out “Your Name”. The artwork in that film is beautiful. Or “Spirited Away”, which I haven’t seen yet but it is highly rated.

Yeah, i was just joking. I love your name. i havent watched that other movie though

I mean, that art in an art museum. What do you expect.

...Fair enough.

That's pretty tame as far as Japan goes.

I’m pretty sure that Fort Worth is in the America ;)

But I agree in as much as if this add was for protective glasses in Japan; it would start with a woman kneeling in a circle of men...

12 points · 1 month ago

Tactical breath holding.

On the hunt for Osama Fin Laden

Somebody should edit this so he emerges from random stuff or make a classic 'merica and oil meme

13 points · 1 month ago

video footage of Donny moments before he was shot dead by Six Flags security who had mistaken his super soaker for an M4

M4

Very clearly a G36c

Mfw

4 points · 1 month ago

The c is a flat top and has a shorter barrel. That’s a k

This is Six Flags we’re talking about here.

"but babe: safety is the #1 priority"

Never do this. If you get your rifle into water, open the fucking breach. If you fire that there is a huge chance that it will explode.

6 points · 1 month ago

Now I’m curious which sunglasses spec ops folks actually do use.

12 points · 1 month ago

It's almost always a good pair of Oakley's. They're issued.

2 points · 1 month ago

I would tell you they get x-ray glasses, but it's classified.

4 points · 1 month ago

God I hate this commercial so much I see it like every morning when I’m waking up with the weird early morning commercials

This infomercial is filled with gems btw.

I'm not sure we really need a remake of The Three Caballeros anyway.

Looks like Carl Spackler hunting gophers to me for some reason.

Disney finally listened to my suggestions and added guerrillas to the Jungle Cruise!

Ive always loved this commercial

As a queer man I could use a special top right about now.

I made a meme out of it if anyone cares use it as a forum weapon or something

Disney went in an unusually topical direction with "Inmates of the Rio Grande".

Wait a second, is that Travis Haley? There's no way that's Travis. Costa may do something like this, but not Haley.

Is that gun okay to get wet?

5 points · 1 month ago

Theoretically yes. The G36 series passes the “over the beach” test, however given that this is most likely an airsoft clone.....no. The internal electronics are probably dead.

nice g36

Really hope someone uses the full video to make a YouTube poop one day because it's some quality content. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend checking it out

Once again my subscription to r/wheredidthesodago fools me when I see the post on my home page.

1 point · 1 month ago

Disney is really making sure another toddler doesn’t end up as Gator food

America protecting their oil supply.

I like that he's going special forces in the Colorado river

Didn't think you needed sunglasses underwater? Think again!

1 point · 1 month ago

A subreddit for infomercials taken **out of context** in animated images. This subreddit is for ads that show real aspects of life but in a completely unrealistic way.

r/wheredidthesodago Rules
Posts must be "As Seen on TV" style ads.

All submissions must be from some kind of As Seen on TV or similar advertisement. Posts from kickstarter and other promotional videos/websites are not allowed.

Post the gif source as a top-level comment.

Post the video source of the .GIF in the comments. The whole video is sometimes just as funny as the post and can sometimes be used for other posts! If you don't post the source of the ad as a top-level comment within a few minutes of posting, your post WILL be removed.

Submission must be a direct link, e.g. ".gif"

Direct links are required, meaning that the URL must end in ".gif, .gifv, .webm, .mp4" etc.

Posts must be flaired.

Tag your post with the correct post flair. Tag your post with the 'Repost' flair if you didn't personally make the .gif or if it has been posted before. Flair guide.

Recent reposts and popular reposts aren't allowed.

Click here from your post's page to check if your gif has been posted before. Please make sure your title is unique! Posts may be removed if they have been reposted recently or are a top post in the subreddit.

Spam

Repetitious links, comments, or bot-like behavior

Be good to each other

We're all here to have fun; don't ruin it.