Jimmy's newly founded Mafia family was tight on funds so they had to settle on knock-off weapons which didn't quite pack the same punch.

Sort by

"Alright there pally, you don't pay up, Jimmy here's gonna give you da brush knuckles!"

272 points · 1 month ago

I'm sorry, did you mean "brass knuckles?"

Don't make fun of the way i shpeak!

"Noa please, I willa pay, donta doa this!"

scrub scrub scrub

"Are you... brushing me?"

*area you a brushinga me?

I prefer the idea that he's so confused he loses his accent.

For some reason, that just reminded me of this scene from the Oblongs.

Guy behind Brush Dude shoots italian man being robbed

“Works every time.”

33 points · 1 month ago

Knuckle dusters

!redditsilver

It’s like dusting, but scratchier

Underrated comments

It's the top comment

Original Poster172 points · 1 month ago

"...that acts like a laser beam!" In what imagination does this act like a laser beam? It's a scrub.

Original Poster247 points · 1 month ago

pew pew pew.. did you not see the CG lasers in the ad?

My apologies, I was unaware I needed lasers to clean my bathroom.

Original Poster56 points · 1 month ago

Well now you see why your bathroom is so dirty!

Pew! Pew! Pew!

Should have used that clip...

Reminds me of medicine commercials that use glowing orbs to "explain" how it works. They show a diagram of the problem followed by the medicine just moving to the problem. A flash of light, and bam, the problem is gone. This is like 80% or more of the medicine commercials I've ever seen. It does absolutely nothing to explain how it works, yet it's so consistently there.

Wait wait, you mean you don't know that pills are compressed super bubbles?

You fool!

That's why it's a simile.

Similes require at least one thing that's alike in order to justify the comparison.

But it says here that it's used to compare 2 unlike things. I thought using like or as while comparing made it a simile.

A dirt killing laser beam too.

pcssh,yeah what a scrub

I love how they add that shine effect so it covers up the fact that it does jack shit

That was my favorite part too. It’s literally just a white feathered rectangle.

I no longer feel bad about my bathroom being a bit dirty. Those are some nasty walls.

Gotta love the classic black and white clips of overly frustrated people who can't figure out simple tasks

Do... do you know where you are?

1 point · 1 month ago

No I'm lost.

That thing is way less dumb than the ad for it. Not overly useful but not complete garbage.

Good job making yourself feel like less of a idiot for actually buying this. How clean is your grout at the moments?

Who tf let’s their shower get that nasty before cleaning it anyways?

That bathroom needs burning, not cleaning.

But it doesn't work where the grout is perpendicular to a corner...

The one comment on the video says just use an old toothbrush.

My favourite part about these commercials, especially ones for spray on cleaning products, is when the actor goes to wipe the stuff off with a paper towel they start way above where it was sprayed and everything gets the same level of clean.

I wanted one until I realized I could just use the edge of a normal scrub brush or a tooth brush. This might be easier I guess. I've got one of those drop in showers where it's only one or two pieces and made of plastic. I don't know why anyone thought this was a good idea, but they put a fake grout pattern into it, so when I clean it, I have to clean this fake grout and it's a pain because it's thinner than normal grout and still gets dirtier than the fake tile.

Original Poster3 points · 1 month ago

The house that I bought has one of those plastic drop-in showers with a low step. It's a shitty design and hard to scrub clean even with no grout or lines. I want to rip it out and put in a proper shower/bathtub but money is tight these days.

Wow in like each clean shot it looks like they’ve boosted the white point and contrast. Also most of them have just the grout area masked and have the white point/brightness turned to max.

Even in the source there's no context!

They couldn't even afford 'grouthero.com'

Smdh

Man these infomercials always make me laugh watching people do mundane, simple tasks like it's the hardest thing in the world. You don't need anything special for this, you simply need to learn how to use the normal brushes. Apparently all of these people never figured out how to use thumbs.

So it's a narrow brush that only works for grouting? Great.

I watched the ad and I'm still confused as to how that shows ergonomics

Original Poster318 points · 1 month ago

Oh yeah? Maybe Paulie and I need to go down there and teach you a lesson.. about cleaning hard to reach soap scum.

Paulie, don't forget the plastic scrubby knuckles.

He's able to reach his other hand without resistance. No resistance = ergonomic.

I think because it, unlike regular boring brushes, has a grip which you can easily hold on to without that dreaded slippery mess (brush users know what I'm talking about). Also the curvature of the design ensures proper fitting against a maximum surface area without any nasty hand-bending exercise.

Pay me bucks now, brush company

“Alright just sorta do something that shows how soft it is on your hand”

It's.... uhhhmm... It's because... The lasers! It's like a laser, that's why! Pew pew pew

Because "ergonomically designed" is a meaningless marketing term. I could claim any product was designed to be ergonomic and there is no objective way to measure that.

A certain percentage of our products are made from recyclable materials!

Zero's a percent!

Is that sarcastic? If not, an ergonomics specialist (or probably a kinesiologist, or physical therapist, or physiologist?) may disagree, I think they have lots of ways to measure.

Don't worry. My company has a certified ergonomics specialist who can confirm that this product was designed to be ergonomic.

"Designed" is the key word here. I can claim my cookies are designed to give you mind shattering orgasms and I'm not lying.

Hahahaaa ok that makes sense sense

Now you shush. We've cracked this conspiracy and we're bringing everything down with it!

Ergonomically designed to make you squeal like a little piggy

"I'm gonna scrub that smug look off your mug"

Noice.

they're gonna have a tough time against the discount yakuza

This is the best one i've seen in a while.

A+ Title there, mate

Is this a mans torso or a woman’s? I can’t work it out

Me neither my brain is in pain trying to decide

It's the sleeves.

That's a dude

I love how this whole ad is just a bunch of dudes incompetently trying to scrub their super-filthy bathrooms until they get a brush that’s like a weapon, marketed as such, complete with pew-pew laser effects.

Soda Seeker5 points · 1 month ago

Ah man...I hope his left hand pays up soon!

Ergonomically designed! Brought to you by Jimmy the Sweet, the God Father of the Mafia Family that really cares.

I am mystified by that shirt. It looks like a sleeveless polo shirt?

For the elderly hoodrat.

Some real... knuckle dusters

Brush knuckles

Aren't brass knuckles illegal?

Well, I mean they are the mob

Smooby mob

Luckily brush knuckles aren't.

You just sell them as belt buckles, with a little buckle part that easily unscrews.

It's bad that part of me wonders if this sort of loophole is used anywhere to make something technically legal

Apply to the hand.

They're not quite up to the level of the likes of the Vongola yet

At least they're ergonomically designed

That part made me more confused than anything. Why do they need to be ergonomically designed? It’s not like it’s a chair or a bed.

That's a nice face you got there. It would be a shame if it were to receive some...MILD ABRASIONS!

and yet they cleaned up

Ayyy Vito here take this new piece I gotcha and dun worry bout a thing. A friend was sellin em' cheap but they still work the same.

"Well that's the last time I buy brass knuckles off wish.com"

Their victims have never been cleaner

Shut up or I brush'a you face

This is what I’m here for

I had to do it to them

I want to say r/imperfectloops

Pussyhands

1 point · 1 month ago

I love ergonomics

This is the best thing I have seen today

"I'm going to clean your clock"

woah! calm down there big boy, don’t want anyone getting hurt with those

A subreddit for infomercials taken **out of context** in animated images. This subreddit is for ads that show real aspects of life but in a completely unrealistic way.

r/wheredidthesodago Rules
Posts must be "As Seen on TV" style ads.

All submissions must be from some kind of As Seen on TV or similar advertisement. Posts from kickstarter and other promotional videos/websites are not allowed.

Post the gif source as a top-level comment.

Post the video source of the .GIF in the comments. The whole video is sometimes just as funny as the post and can sometimes be used for other posts! If you don't post the source of the ad as a top-level comment within a few minutes of posting, your post WILL be removed.

Submission must be a direct link, e.g. ".gif"

Direct links are required, meaning that the URL must end in ".gif, .gifv, .webm, .mp4" etc.

Posts must be flaired.

Tag your post with the correct post flair. Tag your post with the 'Repost' flair if you didn't personally make the .gif or if it has been posted before. Flair guide.

Recent reposts and popular reposts aren't allowed.

Click here from your post's page to check if your gif has been posted before. Please make sure your title is unique! Posts may be removed if they have been reposted recently or are a top post in the subreddit.

Spam

Repetitious links, comments, or bot-like behavior

Be good to each other

We're all here to have fun; don't ruin it.