Wholesome gaming.

/r/BotsRights
Moderator of r/wholesomememes, speaking officiallyScore hidden · 1 month ago · Stickied comment

Hello! What a nice post! I hope everyone is having an excellent day. Please be sure to share it with us at /r/WholesomeGames also! We'd love to see you there.

Thanks! I appreciate you all.

And they say that kids have no manners these days...

2.1k points · 1 month ago

Thanking the bus driver might be our most wholesome meme to date.

We're actually changing how a generation treats people with memes.

A well memed society is a polite society.

I dont have anything constructive to add, I just wanted to acknowledge your excellent username.

113 points · 1 month ago

I don't have anything constructive to add, I just wanted to acknowledge your excellent username.

I don't have anything constructive to add

I just wanted to say you have a username.

57 points · 1 month ago

I didn’t want to say anything, but what the hell.... might get some karma

3 more replies

1 more reply

I also don't have anything constructive to add, and just wanted to acknowledge your excellent username.

See you space cowboy...

"Only at meme and Ralph's!"

1 more reply

Going off on this, I noticed my 16 year old brother and his friends are telling each other to “stay hydrated, remember that you’re loved, and save the bees”.

184 points · 1 month ago

That’s amazing. When I was young we called each other fags. I like this a lot more.

We still do that a lot

My friends still do it a lot and we are all almost 30

So I am assuming there is an occasional WHASAAAAAAAAP, like us?

Wazzaaaahhhhhpppp

aahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Omg thought this was dead

It will never die. Long live WHASAAAAAAAAP!

Hey, I'm clearing out my living room and I was wondering, you want any of my old CDs?

What CDs?

See deez nuts!

17 points · 1 month ago

"Remember we love you, ya fuckin' faggot"

😭❤️

Same here. I remember when faggot/fag was another word for bitch. Over the years I’ve been chastised for using it in its old context. But hey, I gotta change with the times right?

you fag

3 more replies

This needs to be on t-shirts, coffee mugs, and bumper stickers.

Damn. What happened to the teabagging CoD-generation?

Too many Doritos and Mt. Dew. Their health failed. They’ll respawn soon though.

They grew up after they had friends come out of the closet in college.

Meme magic is real.

1 more reply

Memes are just little bits of information in an easy to understand format. My college thesis is that the next few generations will save the world with memes.

2 more replies

Fun fact, in Canada everyone says thank you, I've almost never come across someone that hadn't said thanks to the bus driver.

Ireland too

2 more replies

Thanking the bus driver is what you're supposed to do. Been doing it for decades.

Memes, the DNA of the soul.

I really love to see memes used in a positive way like this.

I've actually been thanking the bus driver more often after it became a meme, unironically

6 more replies

Everyone on my school bus says thank you to our school bus driver, who's very friendly. Its pretty much the only public transport I take. The rare occasion where I took a normal bus, getting off I said 'thank you, see you later'.

Yea same. When the bus picks us, just about everyone exchanges a “morning” with the bus driver. Then again, just about everyone says “Thank you” as they drop us off.

*Note: We’re in high school and we all take the school bus the district provides. Also, the bus drivers usually engage in conversations with the ones in the front, which is where I’ve sat for the past 4 years.

Pretty much the same. Everyone knows his name and he'll wait for you if you iu come late. He also lowers the price by ten cents to make the bus fare more convenient. He recently dislocated his shoulder and the new bus driver was screwed over a lot of people by only accepting the $2.60 instead of $2.50.

4 more replies

I pretty sure not only 12 years old kids play the game tho...

102 points · 1 month ago

Then what a beautiful example we're setting for the children.

28 points · 1 month ago

What a beautiful table we're setting for the children.

32 points · 1 month ago

What a powerful trap we've set for the children.

Edit: forgot what sub I'm in, but I'll leave the comment even though it's not wholesome. I'm sure you can all forgive me.

You're just having a fun game of Yu-Gi-Oh!

8 points · 1 month ago

My comment was about eating children lol I think you're good.

Yeah, but there was a little wiggle-room. I thought it was more literal (setting a table for the children to eat at) at first. Then again, I was very aware of the sub lol

3 points · 1 month ago

I like to eat children with Fish

3 more replies

3 more replies

5 more replies

2 more replies

Instead of a horn honking as you jump, have the players shout "THANK YOOOOOOOOU!"

156 points · 1 month ago

I had forgotten that noise.

YAHyah!

77 points · 1 month ago
18 points · 1 month ago

Oof

Exactly

I love that noise though. Still would like to say thanks.

Like the guy before a movie starts on the DVD you just bought.

New LTM, play as bus driver!

702 points · 1 month ago

Titanfall players have been clamoring pretty much since the first game to let them high-five the robot when they jump out of the landing craft at the beginning of the mission. Hopefully both things come to fruition.

288 points · 1 month ago

He looks so sad when we don't high five him :(

I know :( poor, poor, Marvin

Why on earth would anyone use the robot over GENERAL MARDER

Because marvin is adorable

But kid... FIRST WE DRINK, THEN WE FIGHT!

Dude, imagine custom "thank the driver" animations.
Like, each pilot clinks their own flask against Barker's, or fistbump Gates, or stare coldly at Ash

Well, they’re not driving, but I whole heatedly support this idea.

I respect your opinion buuut: "THE 6-4 IS A FAMILY AND WE'LL KICK YER ARSE!"

1 more reply

If only human life is expendable, does even Marder love Marvin?

I had a friend give me a 10 minute lecture before I realized I was playing for the bad guys

1 more reply

So glad someone said this. I've been a proponent of this forever. My friends and I always thought the marvin was good luck in TF1

My biggest complaint about Titanfall, tbh

Honestly, the whole "Thank the bus driver" meme has actually gotten me to remember to start doing it more frequently.

In Ireland it's a criminal offence to not thank the bus driver.

"What are you in for?"

"Didn't thank the bus driver."

The Elder Scrolls VI logo appears

PUT EM DOWN

Leaves the bus. Forgets to thank the bus driver. Bus driver: "NEVER SHOULD HAVE COME HERE!"

3 more replies

35 points · 1 month ago

Dude that's fucked. I don't want any part of that. I'm just here for drug possession and armed theft.

At least you're a regular soul unlike that wretched chunk of evil who didn't thank the busdriver.

The Wholesome Onion
11 points · 1 month ago

That's a strange way to spell Canada.

9 more replies

65 points · 1 month ago

It's honestly spectacular what autism awareness has done for 2018.

wait what

2.7k points · 1 month ago · edited 1 month ago

Add the ability to play the bus driver Epic.

Winner of the previous round gets the illustrious driver's seat.

1.1k points · 1 month ago

I don't even play this game but I approve

367 points · 1 month ago

It's okay, I don't even drive buses.

It’s okay, I don’t even exist

I demand your existence.

It's okay, demands don't even exist.

it's okay. existings don't even demand

15 points · 1 month ago

I'm just a clever visual metaphor used to personify the abstract concept of thought.

6 points · 1 month ago · edited 1 month ago

One more crack like that and you’re out of here!

Edit: missed a word

2 more replies

12 points · 1 month ago

I do irl. Thanks are appreciated.

9 points · 1 month ago

Thanks bro

I’m curious as to what that job is like, care to share your perspective?

2 points · 1 month ago

If you are not Zen as fuck you are going to have a bad time.

Happy cake day and also sorry for the assholes on the bus

Just curious do you think they are worse or better than ones in retailers

2 more replies

Bitch I'm a bus

3 more replies

It’s okay, I don’t even win games.

1 more reply

Stop trying to advertise your sub!

Honestly I’ve seen these ads all over. Super annoying. I feel like he’s doing some weird project.

Can crash bus wherever on map and get 2 free chests (like the ones usually on the crashed bus). I might actually open this game again if I could drive the bus lmao

You could just make it so that if you win, you enter a Driver Queue and get put on the next game that needs a driver.

This is assuming you’re playing in Solo BR mode of course, but it wouldn’t be terribly hard to implement.

If your team wins, then your team gets to ride in and run around the next round’s bus, and the team member with the most kills gets to drive.

but it wouldn’t be terribly hard to implement

I see you’re well-suited to a product management role!

10 points · 1 month ago

Haha that would be awesome. Some asshole would just drive in a circle

Whats with this sub being posted everywhere?

4 points · 1 month ago

It's just him. He hadn't posted in a month and comes back just spamming it in all his top comments.

I gotta say, you’re doing a bang-up job at publicizing your new sub (r/nextfuckinglevel) across the front page.

Getting 1000+ subs in its first 3 hours? That’s the r/nextfuckinglevel of sub growth. (Of course, nothing can compare to the growth of r/thanosdidnothingwrong during Pre-Ban Week.)

I wonder what the motivation is here. Like, is it just the desire to own a big sub? Is there money to be made in owning a subreddit with many subscribers?

Karma farming son

No money, people just like being the owner of a big boy sub. I can respect that.

This is an awesome idea

3 points · 1 month ago

What if there are no winners of the previous round?

1 more reply

This is actually hilarious. Epic plz!!!

Though it might be abused(?) if the buses circle around a spot and force much more players to land closer together than many would like.

I guess this could be fixable by having a crazy-huge turn radius and high speed.

In any case I’d still love to get the shot to see this in action.

If there are multiple buses and they crash, what if all the passengers spill out - creating a very tense first few minutes as most of the players duke it out and try to get away from each other to get their footing a little.

When the driver jumps the bus starts falling out of the sky.

5 points · 1 month ago

That'd actually be pretty fucking wild. It'd add a whole new element in trying to determine the best time to jump

When they jump everyone gets auto forced out of the bus because kids cant drive.

Ok, now THIS is Epic 😎

6 more replies

I always close the doors when I’m playing Fortnite. Not for tactical reasons, but because I was raised right

Just a thought I had for tactics. Enter a house and leave only one door open to enter through. Put a trap in front of said door

I like this, because I'll never fall for it. Through the walls is how I roll.

2 more replies

1 more reply

Where was all this appreciation for bus drivers when I drove a bus? All I got was people screaming at me multiple times a day for not breaking the law...

293 points · 1 month ago

Aww! Sorry, I didn’t mean to complain or fish for compliments. Just wish people were nicer a decade ago. People like you! 🤗

You served back in ‘08?

The great recession was one heck of a tour of duty.

Hahaha! I’ve never heard it put that way. Yeah, I drove around ‘08 to ‘12.

I'm sorry people didn't thank you. :(

I can't imagine this, myself. Unless it's really crowded and I'm exiting via the rear door, I always thank the bus driver when getting off, and that's behavior I've almost always seen on buses for the last 8-10 years. I was honestly surprised that there were places that this isn't the norm.

Then again, I'm also shocked when people don't push their chairs in or intentionally leave litter behind. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I used to think my mom was so paranoid for harping on the basics like this when I was growing up, because didn't everybody do this? But now as I get older and see how these basics are ignored, I'm glad she annoyed me this much.

Same. I was raised to thank people who do something for me, even if “that’s their job.” I thank fast food workers, drivers of any vehicle, and probably get annoying to waiters as I say thank you EVERY time they bring something, grab something, or offer refills (amongst other service industry workers). At the same time, I never expect someone to thank me for doing what I’m paid to do; it’s just a nice bonus when it happens. And it wasn’t even people not thanking me that was a problem. As I mentioned in another comment, I was totally fine being left alone to do my route and get people where they needed to go. It was the ones screaming at me for their mistakes that made life hell.

11 points · 1 month ago

O7

Depends where you live really. AFAIK the phrase became pretty big after that coffin meme, followed by that Australian news article about bus drivers' happiness (as if we weren't doing it already)

11 points · 1 month ago

I was pretty astonished living in the south of France for a while that everyone thanked the bus driver when they got off. I'd never seen that in my life.

10 points · 1 month ago

It's pretty much expected in Ireland.

Am Australian, I'd say about 8/10 people from where I catch buses thank the driver as they get off.

I am vacationing in new zealand and when ever I use the bus we had people all the way in the back yelling thanks as they got off the back doors.

9 points · 1 month ago

In the UK, on the Bus I took to uni pretty much every person thanked the bus driver as they got off. This was like 6 years ago.

I always give a smile, wave or thank you deppending on how i departure the bus.

On longer rides with local bus i often had a chat with my bus drivers and got to know them.

Just my two cents but possibly a different demographic is riding busses more now? Growing up no one rode the bus except those who couldn’t afford cars. But over the past ten years my city invested a TON of money into better bus routes, newer buses, and made riding the bus free with a college student ID.

Also I think parking is getting worse at colleges all over and more middle class people are riding the bus to reduce carbon emissions so idk. Maybe I’m wrong.

Actually, this bus was almost entirely for students and hospital workers. It was free and, while you technically needed an ID to get on, we usually just let everyone on unless they caused a disruption (then asking for an ID was just an excuse to get them to leave, like if someone was being creepy and hitting on a driver).

Oh god that sounds terrible. Also wtf at people not being courteous

2 points · 1 month ago

Thanks for all the time you put in and everything you did c:

4 more replies

Where do I sign up

This should be way higher up.

83 points · 1 month ago

Thanks driver.

88 points · 1 month ago

Cheers Drive.

18 points · 1 month ago

Spotted the Welshman

We say the same is Brstol too.

Gloucester too.

I would use this feature.

Press F to thank the bus driver.

F

2 more replies

1 more reply

The dudes a serial killer, kidnaps 100 people and drops them on an island where only 1 can survive

Cheers drive!

2 more replies

But was he the nun?

62 points · 1 month ago

Addition to that: if you don’t thank the bus driver you lose half your health

don't make it a chore

Comment deleted1 month ago(3 children)

Thanking the bus driver is its own reward, giving you the knowledge that you’re not a horrible person.

3 points · 1 month ago

this man speaks only facts

1 more reply

This post has reached /r/All!
Moderator of r/wholesomememes, speaking officially42 points · 1 month ago

Hello! This is just a quick reminder for new friendos to read our subreddit rules.

Rule 4: Please do not troll, harass, or be generally rude to your fellow users.

We're trusting you to be wholesome while in /r/wholesomememes, so please don't let us down. We believe in you!

Please stop by the rest of the Wholesome Network Of ^Subreddits also.

1 more reply

But they won't thank the bus driver who drops them off at school.

7 points · 1 month ago

We need more wholesome memes to go mainstream

14 points · 1 month ago

I think it’s just a meme. You can take it as wholesome, because it kinda is to thank a virtual bus driver that doesn’t exist, but I think it’s just a meme.

But Fortnight has a tendency to listen to the memes. They included the orange kid dance, I wouldn't be surprised if they did this if it got enough traction.

So you don’t thank your bus driver?

8 points · 1 month ago

Perhaps even a wholesome meme?

Idk, I think if they do add it, it’ll at least remind kids to do it more often. Seeing all the “thank the bus driver” memes has reminded me to do it most of the time when I ride public buses. It’d at least be more wholesome than seeing every kid in a 5 mile radius doing one of the Fortnite dances.

Exactly

Bye bye driver.

2 more replies

Cheers drive

"Cheers, Drive"

I feel like this is a bit of an r/woosh. Cos they don't really get the context, but it is still kinda wholesome.

Definitely is

Madison Wisconsin is leaking

Remem🅱️er to thancc the 🅱️us dri🅱️er 👌👌👌🔥🔥🔥😂😂😂😂

1 more reply

Could someone pretty please explain the thanking the bus driver meme(?), I seem to have missed it somehow and I’m very confused

3 points · 1 month ago

2nd, I don't play Fortnite

I don’t think it has to do with fortnite 🤔 It’s just that they want the meme in fortnite

I need a link to this petition

BYE DRIVER

New York players also petition for the ability to yell “BACK DOOR” at the driver

Cheers, drive!

As a Brit I need this

Survey 2017
2 points · 1 month ago

An actual wholesome meme. Nice.

actually it's because of the meme but wholesome nonetheless

Cool, but I just want proximity chat. I think it would make the game better.

Add Ms. Frizzle as the Bus Driver for extra wholesome.

Why is thanking bus drivers a meme... Just thank them and be kind. Why do it ironically..

Wow I can’t believe Dank Memes leaked into real life

Where the fuck do I sign

NUMTOTS would approve.

This is literally "Press F to pay respects"

124 more replies

Welcome to the wholesome side of the internet! This community is for those searching for a way to capture virtue on the internet.

whole·some meme hōl-səm\mēm\

A meme that promotes health or well-being of body, mind, and/or soul.

A meme that is pure of heart, devoid of corruption or malice, modest, stable, virtuous, and all-around sweet and compassionate.

A meme that conveys support, positivity, compassion, understanding, love, affection, and genuine friendship by re-contextualizing classic meme formats, and using them to display warmth and empathy.

A meme with no snark or sarcasm that displays genuine human emotion and subverts a generally negative meme to be more positive.

Definition of a meme/memetics

A way of describing cultural information being shared.

An element of a culture or system of behavior that may be considered to be passed from one individual to another by non genetic means, especially imitation.

Please note, Moderators reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

r/wholesomememes Rules
Must be a wholesome meme

All posts must be wholesome memes: uplifting, life-affirming, or nice-ing up a rude meme.

Be general, not specific

Memes should be relatable, with universally uplifting themes.

No NSFW content

Please avoid submitting NSFW content.

No trolling, harrassing, or general rudeness

Please do not troll, harass, or be generally rude to your fellow users.

No personal info or private messages

Please do not post personal information, yours or others. This includes SMS, chats, notes, or any communication meant to be private.

Post must link to image directly.

Please link to images directly. This makes browsing easier for those using RES or through a mobile device

Turtles are friends, not food

Be nice to turtles pls

No reposts

Reposting isn't very wholesome :-/

Please make an effort with your title

Set your post up for success. "Does this fit here?" helps nobody. Being funny or descriptive helps. And trying is good.

Wholesome side of the internet

Welcome to our community! Please remember to always express good wishes to your fellow user and to have a great day. Thank you for your interest and for being you!

Are you in need of support?

Please check out these resources!

Wholesome Network

This subreddit is part of the Wholesome Network.

Wholesome Network