Marchers demand final Brexit deal vote

Original Poster21 points · 2 months ago

Am down from Norfolk. Crowd must be in hundreds of thousands. Beeb has a pic from above.

Stay safe everyone.

Hey a fellow Norfolk dweller, nice

full one Bo5 lets go UK CS!!...I'm in

cant seem to find much on this.. has anyone got clips from the event?

Pretty sure there is a clip on the BBC website from their live coverage earlier.

Demand the outcome they want

FTFY.

The problem with democracy is uninformed people

This is the best tl;dr I could make, original reduced by 89%. (I'm a bot)

Campaigners are marching in central London to demand a final vote on any UK exit deal.

Britain is due to leave on 29 March 2019, 46 years after it first joined the European Economic Community, the forerunner to the EU. The government is giving Parliament a vote on the final deal, if one is reached, in the autumn - but it remains unclear what will happen if they reject it.

Extended Summary | FAQ | Feedback | Top keywords: vote#1 people#2 leave#3 march#4 deal#5

-15 points · 2 months ago(2 children)

Get out, you mug

Ah because the truth bothers you lol , tell me if it was the other way round would you still whine and cry for another vote? Or would you tell the leave side to just get over it?

-85 points · 2 months ago(More than 28 children)

Hahahahahahaha why can't the left just accept when they lose?

Brexit wasn't a Left Vs Right wing issue.

-22 points · 2 months ago(0 children)

Because leaving the EU will be a horrible idea for England and continuing on with Trump as president is a horrible idea for America.

Oh trust me. Our orange mango Banana Republic is almost over. We've had three major GOP contributors and politicians jump ship in the past couple of days, and say that it is now the party of trump, it does not represent the values of their party, and they are no longer associated with it. These were integral pillars of their propaganda machine that are leaving.

As a matter of fact, one of the people that left out of this group that I mentioned here, he ran the campaign against Obama for John McCain in 2008. The dude literally represented the entire whole of that half of the country as a party. And he's gone and he instructed the American public and all the people in Trump's party to vote against him in November.

That was not a drill. People are sleeping on it. They scrambled to fill in his portions of the news since he had his own show I think one of them did.

The one thing that the American people & the British people can't get away from is pictures and video. We live in a high-definition era. These people's crimes against humanity are being broadcast instantly in high-definition all over the world. They can't hide from the truth as much as they can hide from the blue sky on a nice day.

Yes it was a horrible idea, but you have to see that such a small tiny group of people decided for everyone. And now the people are fighting back, I can only hope that when we rise up to shoot the king that we don't miss.

God, I hope so

-1 points · 2 months ago

Wouldn't hold your breath. Not sure why people think the right is losing power when Ontario just elected diet Trump.

You mean Rob Ford's brother? An established political dynasty wins another election in Ontario??? I'm shocked.

3 points · 2 months ago · edited 2 months ago

He won against a 14 year incumbent who's party has been all but sidelined from Queens park (Ontario legislature). I think that demonstrates that Trump-style politicians aren't going anywhere but into elected office.

I’m not sure it demonstrates anything other than how badly folks wanted the Liberals out.

This had been coming for a while. Scandals had cost the previous premier his job, and crushed the Liberals’ approval ratings.

Honestly, the only reason they made it 14 years was due to their feeble opposition. The PCs have previously thrown 2 “guaranteed” elections with bad policy declarations, and the NDP are something of a provincial boogeyman with a mediocre leader.

The PCs didn’t win this election because of Doug Ford, or “populist politics”. If anything, it held them back slightly.

Comment deleted2 months ago(0 children)

People didn’t like her. I can’t really tell you why. Possibly the 2 election defeats, maybe some odd remarks, too centrist for many long-time NDP? Don’t really know.

Also, as I’m sure you know, the last NDP provincial government is still reviled in the political conscience. Even more so than the subsequent Harris conservatives. You can argue it’s undeserved (and you’d be right, in my opinion), but it’s the reality.

Both of those made this election yet another uphill struggle for the NDP. If anything, they did better than expected, winning was just pie in the sky.

So, yeah, Horwath’s NDP didn’t win. But it wasn’t due to the populist allure of Ford #2. If anything, I’d say Doug Ford propelled the NDP to a better result than, say, untarnished Pat Brown, or Christine Elliot.

-13 points · 2 months ago(0 children)

His base will still be there for him, sure; but the ball is truly in the DNC's court. If they let their primary develop fairly instead of favoring a widely disliked candidate, then I'm not so sure of a second term.

Also, if his trade war fails in the way that many economist think it will, then I'm sure of the outcome.

P.S. My down vote wasn't because I disagree with you, it's because you sound like a smug cunt that ought to read more about cult of personalities. I'd recommend Animal Farm as a good starting place.

-2 points · 2 months ago

His base is large, well funded and active. Moreover, majority of Americans agree with his policies on immigration, the vocal minority are not representative of the American people.

Another hypothetical.

I give what I get, if the internet is too aggressive for you piss off and do something else. Downvotes are for non-contribution.

3 points · 2 months ago · edited 2 months ago

Oh no I'm pretty sure that dear leader and his Trove of supporters are the ones that are bananas. Otherwise everyone would be confidently cheering they're partying to Victory and he would win by 80% instead of a stolen victory of -3,000,000 and a myriad of smoke and mirrors and lies.

High-definition lies and chicaneries rebroadcast all over the world in high definition for all the lands to see.

-6 points · 2 months ago(0 children)

Look how silly and psychologically unhinged you are. Me providing facts backed up by documented evidence, and you finger pointing with just fallacies and clouds around your head.

What's hilarious is I also believe the antifa is violent and will contribute to a different type of waves of violence. Both are wrong and bad for the future of Humanity's evolution.

Hillary is just as evil As Trump is just as evil as any politician that is complicit in the suffering of other human beings for their own profit.

Sorry you dont like facts dear!

1 point · 2 months ago

You don't have facts - you have emotions. You have not cited one thing you've said, or said one thing even remotely accurate. Nice try though.

I can see you're upset. Better take a mental health break, Xissy.

You wish that was true. You spew forth field from your mouth just like every person who is complicit in the suffering of other human beings.

One day you will find out that humans are not as terrible as you think. Sure we are capable of some horrible atrocities. But at the end of the day most people really just want to live their life the way that they can to find some kind of peace.

Now, you can look at the news and decide for yourself what is real and not real. But you won't be able to escape the facts when they are broadcast live in high-definition all over the world for all the land to see. It will be very clear then.

1 point · 2 months ago

RAGE

🤣 Take that break we talked about, maybe a PRN is in order, did you miss your meds this morning?

Children, the downvote is not an "I disagree" button. Grow up.

No, it’s a “this comment doesn’t contribute” button.

Your entire post was to simply state that they are wrong without any supporting reasoning or information, and to call them a name. It contributed little if anything.

Maybe they should have voted to not leave then?

-5 points · 2 months ago(0 children)

Your immediate reference to Obama tells me all I need to know regarding your reasoning.

1 point · 2 months ago · edited 2 months ago
-1 points · 2 months ago

No it doesn't, but that is definitely a convenient deflection.

But now I am interested - explain how referencing the 44th POTUS when discussing the 45th POTUS telling, what does it tell you?

-10 points · 2 months ago(0 children)

A place for major news from around the world, excluding US-internal news.

r/worldnews Rules
No US Internal News or Politics
No Editorialized or Misleading Titles
No Feature stories
No Editorials, Opinion or Analysis Pieces
No Articles In Languages Other Than English
No Images, Videos or Audio Clips
No Bigotry or Other Offensive Content
No Personal Attacks
No Memes, Gifs, unlabeled NSFW images
No Old News Articles (≥ 1 Week old)
Related Subs