Which is the most populated and better classic wow private server?

I'm looking for the best classic wow server, played when light's hope launched but i'm curious if there's any new one that's better, thanks!

Played on lights hope and K3. Staying on lights hope for now. The low level pvp is great, lots of 5v5 up to 10v10 lowbie fights without 60 interference.

Kronos had really awful ganking, because of the queue anywhere BG system. One of the main reasons I quit. LH has ganking too, but it's not anywhere near as bad so far (lvl 31)

Original Poster2 points · 1 month ago

Thank you!

This question lights the fires under K3 and LH shills.

To answer your question, trying to be unbiased as I’ve played on both servers ( Northdale and Kronos) ND > K3 in terms of quality. It’s just fact. ND utilizes the revamped Nostalrius core, and has superior scripting versus Kronos. Kronos has banned VPNs, so there are no Chinese players. ND > K3 in terms of population. ND shows their population, which hovers at around 6-8k it’s hard to tell with BFA out. K3 is most likely around 3k pop, they do not show their population numbers. The Horde to alliance ratio for K3 seems like there are vastly more Horde than Ally from their subreddit, possibly 60% or more horde. The ND H to A ratio is 45-55.

Original Poster2 points · 1 month ago

Thank you for the answer !

Don’t let people confuse you. Northdale lights hope is the only vanilla server to play on right now. It’s that simple. People will try to sway you to do other things, making the options seem viable. They aren’t. It’s Northdale PVP, or you’re making a mistake.

That's way too extreme. Sure ND has greater pop and better scripting but even with that, K3 is the place I go for vanilla because the ND pop is way, way too high imo. In terms of intervals between peaks ND lies between way-too-high and holy-moly-what-a-clusterfuck-too-high for my tastes.

My preferred poison is suffering the bit worse scripting on K3 and the fact that finding a tank for a 5man at 3 AM GMT might take a while.

4 points · 1 month ago · edited 1 month ago

Eh I tried ND. It’s about as far from the vanilla experience as you can get while still playing on a vanilla server. 8-10k pop is simply too much for a single realm, and it ruins the game for me. I want to be able to find a little peace and quiet in off hours to just relax and farm. I don’t want instant filled dungeon groups where no one bothers to get to know each other or even say hi. The concept of realm reputation is non-existent in a population that size, so people ninja shit all the time and generally act like assholes. I don’t understand why ND people don’t just go play retail. The charm of vanilla for me is all in the social aspects, and they’re pretty much shit on ND.

K3 has a healthy pop and feels exactly like a busy server did back in retail vanilla. I have noticed very minimal bugs outside of some weird split pulls in dungeons, but nothing that has hurt the experience for me. I honestly believe K3 is as good as you’re gonna get until blizz launches classic.

LH crashed all the time because of it's core scripting.

LH is filled with bots Chinese players and a larger toxic community with a corrupt staff.

LH does not implement a good anticheat, making hacking and cheating very easy on LH.

LH has much more gold buying, devilsaur mafia, and overall more shady community.

I wasn't gonna say anything but seeing all the LH sheep plebs talk all high and mighty about a shit server, I just had to say something.

Wow server is a horrible place, it's riddled with LH sheep that have nothing better to do than shill on K3 and downvote everything that mentions K3. While most of the K3 community doesn't even use Reddit.

anyways. K3 is the best place. I've made loads of friends, I PVP every day, very active awesome community, server has crashed only once, scripting is great, I love it.

Do you have any evidence supporting your blind statements?

The one where a GM said in Reddit that the crashing issue seems to lie in the core script?

Or the one where GM's have been accused of favoritism and feeding loot to guilds?

The comprimising of accounts on week 2?

The known Chinese players base and botting on LH.

Or are you in doubt about the LH shills downvote everything K3 and upvoting LH on this subreddit? Just scroll around around on this thread and you can clearly see the downvote shills.

I guess that only leaves the anti hacking thing? Which has been tested by myself and others, you could probably YouTube it and see for yourself?

Either way have fun. We are all waiting for classic release anyways.

Comment deleted1 month ago
Moderator of r/wowservers, speaking officially1 point · 1 month ago

Your post/comment has been automatically removed because you have too few karma points on your account.

I had the same attitude when Nost and Ely were live, just let it go man. You're only going to torture yourself, sheep won't change their mind. They won't even accept it's a matter of taste and that some people will genuinely prefer K3 to ND even if it is far from all of us. You say "It's ND or you're retarded" or you get downvoted and/or trolled.

Too true

I agree with your post. I just want to say that I think it's hard to just say "superior scripting".

I find that Light's Hope's scripting is lacking in many ways. There are way more bugged quests on Light's Hope than on K3, for example. Fear effects are also incredibly bugged on Light's Hope and they have been that way since Light's Hope started.

Lights Hope Northdale obviously. Best thing youll get till Classic.

-5 points · 1 month ago · edited 1 month ago

Cuz it REAL fun to fight 20 people over that one quest mob, or running around and not finding a single gathering node, or getting ganked endlessly, or playing somewhere with over half the server that doesn't speak english, or playing somewhere the GM's sell r14 characters, or somewhere that allows chinese gold sellers, or somewhere you can shoot through trees, or somewhere with horrible scripts, or somewhere that gets hacked/leaked every couple months, or somewhere riddled in scandals, or somewhere with incredible lag, or somewhere that will close when classic releases, or somewhere ect.

Comment deleted1 month ago
-13 points · 1 month ago(2 children)
8 points · 1 month ago

Wrong. An opinion can not be incorrect or correct☺️

A lot of what you said was completely dead wrong too.

If OP is new to the vanilla private server scene, and you’re trying to convince him to roll on Kronos, being toxic and spreading false information about the other server doesn’t help your case.

-7 points · 1 month ago(1 child)

No you weren’t

have you ever heard of partying to do quests? I'm lvl 30 and have something like 200 mining and eng just from mining nodes while leveling. I don't know if they have dynamic spawns or what but the population hasn't negatively effected me

the only thing I miss about kronos is the LoS changes. The whole mages casting through trees thing is fucking retarded. But muh blizzlikehuehuee

edit: oh yeah, the main reason I quit K3 was the pet pathfinding. AS a hunter, it was fucking unplayable. I don't know if they changed it but dear god it was awful.

Discussing this issue with die-hard ND/Ely/Nost fans is a pain in the ass lol. I remember even in retail vanilla thinking "why the fuck can this god damn pillager shoot a fireball at me through a huge ass tree" it's counterintuitive as fuck and just lazy game design.

Proof of your statements about corruption?

Shooting through most trees is the correct behaviour

I love how we’re now at the point where people are complaining about blizzlike aspects of vanilla lol.

13 points · 1 month ago

salty Kronos fans in a nutshell

I haven’t had most of those problems. Sure you’ll be fighting for quest mobs on the launch of a popular server but after that initial wave everything is fine. I see nodes everywhere. And a lot of those you mentioned K3 does the same thing.

Comment deleted1 month ago
Moderator of r/wowservers, speaking officially1 point · 1 month ago

You'd get your point across much clearer and without seeming like you're foaming at the mouth if you chill out a bit before posting.

I played both pretty recently and am on northdale right now. Didn’t notice anything wrong with either of them, felt smooth on both no bugged quests that I ran into, just wanted to reroll on a newer realm. Honestly if I were you I’d just roll on what i have better latency on lol

Original Poster1 point · 1 month ago

Where are the servers located? I’m from Europe, rerolling on a newer realm it’s not a bad ideia !

Kronos is hosted in Russia I believe, Northdale in Europe somewhere iirc

Most populated? Light's Hope. Best? Kronos III.

populated

better

Pick one.

Original Poster7 points · 1 month ago

So populated servers are not better?

As we have seen many many times, they do NOT walk hand in hand

Not really no. People are generally attracted to the thing most other people are doing, so massive realms tend to attract more players regardless of quality.

Comment deleted1 month ago
Original Poster2 points · 1 month ago

What do you mean?

What did you end up playing?

Original Poster2 points · 29 days ago

The official WoW :p it’s has been amazing!

Fair enough! Good for you.

3 points · 1 month ago

Pop is northdale obviously but K3 seems to be a bit higher quality overall. Both are good choices.

Comment deleted1 month ago
11 points · 1 month ago

They have their stuff leaked every month? Didn't their forums database get hacked like one time?

Comment deleted1 month ago
Moderator of r/wowservers, speaking officially1 point · 1 month ago

0 points · 1 month ago

I dont play on either. LHs devs support chinese farmers and the devilsaur mafia. It attracts the most toxic of players and really made me hate the mmo community. Kronos is scripted in a way that makes endgame content trivial.

Comment deleted1 month ago(0 children)

Shill. Stop attacking other projects.

"Purgingfire • [score hidden] • submitted 2 minutes ago Dalaran WoW? Well, at least it's not STOCKwell!"

"Purgingfire • 0 points • submitted 5 days ago Never touching anything that has to do with the Bugtlantiss crew."

3 points · 1 month ago

Stating personal distaste of certain Servers =/= Shilling

Try again.

I'm not a shill though, nice try.

8 points · 1 month ago

Lol what

In what way is K3 better? Northdale has a much larger population and better scripted servers.

mental gymnastics

That’s a new one.

You need to get a life buddy

World of Warcraft non-retail server lists and discussion

r/wowservers Rules
Too young/Too low comment karma
Duplicate threads
No hacks/exploits
Trolling/Griefing/Blatant bashing and insulting
No sharing of personal information
No drama