my subscriptions
POPULAR-ALL-RANDOM | LOADING...MORE »
Hu5k3r commented on a post in r/soccer
Ispeakblabla 327 points

He's very nice and positive. Unlike some here, I don't think that he's a prick at all, just a naive childish guy. It's like he never really grew up and kept his innoncence and sometimes it comes off cuntish.

Hu5k3r 1 point

Churlish

HongKongChicken 25 points

You know they say that all teams are created equal, but you look at Atletico Madrid and you look at Manchester United and you can see that statement is not true. See, normally if you go one on one with another team, you got a 50/50 chance of being transferred. But I'm a genetic freak and I'm not normal! So you got a 25%, AT BEST, at signing me. Then you add Real Madrid to the mix, your chances of a transfer drastic go down. See the 3 way, at Deadline Day, you got a 33 1/3 chance of signing, but I, I got a 66 and 2/3 chance of staying, because Real Madrid KNOWS they can't sign me and they’re not even gonna try!

So Manchester United, you take your 33 1/3 chance, minus my 25% chance and you got an 8 1/3 chance of signing me on Deadline Day. But then you take my 75% chance of signing, if we was to go one on one, and then add 66 2/3 per cents, I got 141 2/3 chance of staying at Atletico. See United, the numbers don't lie, and they spell disaster for you on Deadline Day.

Hu5k3r 4 points

Have drumstick and my brain stops tickin

Hu5k3r commented on a post in r/woweconomy
Mograine_Lefay -13 points

This is why people should take the small amount of time to install Auctionator + The Undermine Journal, to get a gauge of pricing for their server, and to help speed up the process of selling shit.

This argument of yours, of trying to spend as little time putting effort into not being a shit economist is rather weak. It is not hard, to refrain from being stupid, and lazy.

Hu5k3r 3 points

Just buy their cheaply listed items - everyone wins wtf?

Hu5k3r commented on a post in r/CFB
AE1360 2 points

Pretty sure Williams is only unemployed by choice as he has a daughter in HS and his son still was at UNL at the time. He still coaches a lot of guys in the off-season.

Zach Smith is gonna have a hard time, though.

Hu5k3r 1 point

I think his son transfered.

AE1360 2 points

He did...thus the "at the time" 😉

Hu5k3r 1 point

Gotcha. Read too fast.

Load more comments
Hu5k3r commented on a post in r/Futurology
TheNoxx 12 points

Eh, a bit, but alot of that perception comes from a very bizarre Western standpoint on immigration, one fueled by regressive leftism and some oddly placed sense of guilt or responsibility. The Japanese are just very clear that they owe no one that is unskilled, untrained and can't speak their language passage into their society; like when the Syrian migrant refugee crisis was going on, Japan got a lot of criticism for accepting like 0 migrants, and they straight up said "Not our problem, there are plenty of stable countries directly next to Syria where those migrants could stop, you don't just get to pick the nicest places on Earth with the best social safety nets because you had a bad time."

Hu5k3r 0 points

Good on them.

Hu5k3r commented on a post in r/CFB
jimmygatz 5 points

I don't know that we definitely would have. We would have had to beat Nebraska (which we had already done but who knows) and then I'm still not sure they would have picked us over Bama. Then again it was still BCS so it was computers rather than subjectivity. Do we have the BCS ratings for us that year? We were ineligible so I know they didn't make them public

Hu5k3r 2 points

Thank you for the respect, but...

Deserved respect is coming though. (fingers-crossed)

nickyt398 2 points

This isn't like a McDonald's ice cream machine situation, is it?

Hu5k3r 1 point

I understood your comment.

Load more comments
Hu5k3r commented on a post in r/todayilearned
Gingevere 11 points

I think "idk who Wayne Newton is." is already a takedown.

Hu5k3r 3 points

No, wait - that's Neutron.

Hu5k3r 3 points

What about Jimmy Newton?

Load more comments
Hu5k3r commented on a post in r/news
seansimmers 67 points
Hu5k3r 1 point

speaking of Gay, is that Stelter dude gay? He kind of looks like it. Not trying to be mean or anything...Guess I should just google it, but there it is.

Edit: apparently I am not the only one, but he is not. https://marriedbiography.com/brian-stelter-biography/

Hu5k3r commented on a post in r/AskHistorians
hedgehog87 423 points

I would highly recommend John Julius Norwich’s excellent book “The Popes” as an enjoyable and informative read.

Unfortunately for your question, for the early Popes JJN states that “there are still too many question marks for any confident deductions to be made.” (p6).

What can be said? St Irenaeus of Lyons wrote a list of the first thirteen Popes from St Peter to his contemporary Eleutheris (c175-89).

However, until the 9th century the title “Pope” was applied generally to any senior member of the community and may not specifically have been to the Bishop of Rome. It is speculated that Peter did not found the church in Rome but was subsequently “made” the “first” Bishop of Rome as an honorific / way of later Popes trying to build prestige for themselves following the ascendancy of Rome as the head of the Catholic Church (something not in any way seen as likely in the first few hundred years of Christianity).

For the first few years Rome was a backwater for Christianity with the focus remaining in the more Greek-centric Levantine; we know more about the bishops of Smyrna and Antioch at this time as they were the leaders of the Church in its early years.

Furthermore, a treatise called the Shepherd of Hermas, written in Rome at the beginning of the second century, speaks of “Rulers [plural] of the church”. JJN goes on to say “it is hard to say who was the first true Pope, or supreme bishop [of Rome]; but the process seems to have been complete by the time of Anicetus (c155-66)” whom he notes as the 11th Pope.

So, facts about Linus: probably very little. Speculation about him: he was likely one of the actual founders of the church in Rome and would have been one of its head when Peter visited Rome (if he did) but he was not a bishop in the way that there were Bishops in the Middle East or as we now think of them.

For other early Bishops of Rome, we have Clement, who often appears as third or fourth in the list of Popes, and appears to have known Peter personally. Though all we have is a letter of his from Rome to Corinth from c96AD.

Unfortunately we need to look to the 2nd century onwards for real knowledge about Bishops of Rome.

For fun Pope Facts, you may wish to learn about the execution of Pope Formosus (after he had already died, buried and exhumed), Marozia (“lover, mother and grandmother of Popes”) or “The Great Pornocracy” under Pope John XII.

Apologies for any typos, this is written on my phone.

Hu5k3r 1 point

This is good too. The one I listened to, probably 10 years ago. I think it was from the Teaching Company or something like that. I am sure there is a youtube series or something for free.

https://www.thegreatcourses.com/courses/popes-and-the-papacy-a-history.html

Hu5k3r commented on a post in r/CFB
1.7k
Senseisntsocommon 4 points

Ensuring that the statement is consistent with the evidence presented and that there are no omissions and then verifying in the chain where something should have and didn't happen or should and did. Dotting I's and crossing T's. If he's in the clear administrative leave is can be rescinded with no consequences, if there are inconsistencies then action can be taken.

It doesn't let the mob control the actions of the university.

Hu5k3r 2 points

definitely don't want the mob controlling the actions of the university.

- Tennessee Administration

Hu5k3r commented on a post in r/CFB
469
cloud_n1ne 6 points

Gene Smith is the real cancer here. A lot of these major issues did not start before he was named AD. And the thing that really pisses me off is that the fucking BAND DIRECTOR was immediately fired for the "culture" issues of the band (which were relatively minor and getting fixed), but Urban gets a paid leave period.

I used to Love Ohio State, I got my degree from Ohio State, and I loved my time there, but it's just getting harder and harder for me to want to defend them or watch the product knowing the people in charge are so inconsistent, corrupt, and incompetent.

Hu5k3r 1 point

$$

Hu5k3r commented on a post in r/Huskers
AboynamedDOOMTRAIN 7 points

And that doesn't change a damn thing about him having the most mind mindbogglingly awful throwing motion in the history of the sport.

Hu5k3r 2 points

I think Tim Tebow was accused of the same thing. He was...well, he was an alright college football player.

AboynamedDOOMTRAIN 35 points

I just finished watching some of his highlight reels and checking his stats out. Kid looks amazing. 4.5 40 time makes him faster than A-Mart, and he looks it on the field. Arm looks solid. He threw a couple of nice bombs, but also put some nice touch on the ball on some of the shorter passes while on the run. Footwork was serviceable. Certainly better than Taylor Martinez's ever could be.

Looks like the coach from small town Nebraska just spent some time looking at small town guys from all over the place, to try and pick up some under the radar guys early on in the process.

Let's just hope he stays both committed and healthy for the rest of his high school career.

Hu5k3r 2 points

why ya gotta bust on TMart?

view more:
next ›
3,532 Karma
37 Post Karma
3,495 Comment Karma

Following this user will show all the posts they make to their profile on your front page.

About hu5k3r

  • Reddit Birthday

    September 24, 2011

Other Interesting Profiles

    Want to make posts on your
    own profile?

    Sign up to test the Reddit post to profile beta.

    Sign up