3 points · 1 day ago

That's a lot of words put in my mouth. This is an emotional issue, and I don't want to upset, so I'll leave it be. Have a good weekend.

9 points · 1 day ago

This bill would enact the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Long-Term Care Facility Residents’ Bill of Rights. Among other things, the bill would make it unlawful, except as specified, for any long-term care facility to take specified actions wholly or partially on the basis of a person’s actual or perceived sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) status, including, among others, willfully and repeatedly failing to use a resident’s preferred name or pronouns after being clearly informed of the preferred name or pronouns

I don't give a fuck how someone identifies. When they start to make it illegal for me to not acknowledge that identity, that's where it affects my life.

Note this isn't a law yet, but the fact that it's even being considered is nuts.

7 points · 1 day ago

Obama was a smoker through most of his presidency. But hey diet Coke that's crossing the line.

12 points · 2 days ago

"I made sodium metal but Raymond makes table salt and gets all the attention."

r/pics
Comments are locked
2.7k comments
68 points · 2 days ago

That's... not centrism. That's not centrism at all.

17 points · 2 days ago

I'm INFJ and Lead Software Developer at my company. I manage projects, not people, and I love it.

Almost every vocation will have people that are great and understand your need for alone time and people that are shitty looking for a way to take advantage or feel superior. That's not STEM, that's life.

I spent part of my career building product for faceless customers. That sucked. Most of my career I've spent building things that directly help the other developers around me. That's what I love. Not the work, but the purpose of the work. Try not to focus on what you'll be making but who you will be helping when you do. The balance is there.

Good luck!

39 here. There are kids on this site that didn't exist when we first saw this.

Fifteen years ago this was high production value, kids.

Original Poster78 points · 3 days ago

Nice! Thank you!

Original Poster40 points · 3 days ago

You made me curious so I looked it up. It's one word, according to Team Cherry.

Original Poster35 points · 3 days ago

I thought so too until I found them all.

"Babe the TV is gonna get loud for a sec"
"Are you going to the worm room again"
"Ye"
"I'll be in the garage"

ITT: People who never made mistakes as children

15 points · 4 days ago

If your product is designed for average intelligence, you cut out half your market.

/r/imgoingtopyongyangforthis

Neat. I thought about doing one of these too. What wood did you use and how do you plan to finish it?

10 points · 6 days ago

Even with the definition that racism is prejudice plus power, I still have yet to figure out why being prejudiced is okay, or even encouraged.

For our GUI product we used cefpython. I was able to write a glue layer between javascript variables and python class variables. The result was AngularJS views controlled by Python controllers, pretty slick.

Then when it comes time to move the product to the cloud, most of the work is already done.

I didn't say that. Look at the usernames on the chain.

It's not playing along, just noticing a pattern.

11 points · 7 days ago

Less of a generalization and more personal experience on here. As soon as I lean right in my conversations on reddit I get assumptions that I'm a Trump supporter, probably a racist, and therefore I'm okay with Nazis and their activities.

I'm a conservative but I'm none of those things. The grey area of beliefs in the world is a lot bigger than this site makes it seem.

30 points · 7 days ago