Sign up and stay connected to your favorite communities.

sign uplog in

Has anyone ever used these sites to obtain a recommendation?

I’ll be visiting California soon and I’d like to get a medical recommendation during my stay (I’m 19). I’ve been told there’s two good sites out there that make the process quick and painless. and

Anyone ever use one of these sites or hear anything about them?


Edit: I talked to nuggmd. This is what I received.

Any form of U.S.-issued photo ID will work, whether that is a state ID, passport, military ID, or anything else that shows your photo and age. As long as you understand that our recommendation letters and medical ID cards are only valid for use at dispensaries in California, you're good to go! :)

100% Upvoted
What are your thoughts? Log in or Sign uplog insign up

Do they take out of state patients?

Original Poster1 point · 4 months ago

It doesn’t say anything about taking or not taking out of state patients

Call them and find out.

3 points · 4 months ago

Some clubs won't let underage med card or not without an instate ID in anyway. Simply to protect themselves from the possibility of revoking permits.

True that. Dispensaries always have the prerogitive to be extra careful. Calling first never hurts.

clinics out here take any united states license or any country passport,acceptance ratenof about 80% on the passports and 100 on the ID,all you have to be is 21 now

2 points · 4 months ago

He said he was 19, so he needs a card still. Without a card clubs are getting strict on IDs, so as not to threaten their legality.

2 points · 4 months ago

I've used nuggmd, it worked, but I'm pretttttyyy sure you need an in-state ID

Original Poster2 points · 4 months ago

Now that I’ve confirmed out-of-state IDs are a good to go, what exactly do you have to do? Just curious

Some dispensaries only take in state IDs. It will depend on dispensary, so call ahead.

I’ve used Nuggmd. Literally takes 10 min, and you get an emailed pdf of your rec. If you pay extra for the ID card it will show up in a few days. Super easy.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.