Cyborg wants Nunes at UFC 228

cool belt Colby134 points · 1 month ago

Other than physical harm why would Nunes not take this fight. It's a low risk high reward. If she loses oh well no one thought she would win anyway and she is still 135 champ + her biggest payday since the Ronda fight. If she wins she's champ champ and more importantly has done the unthinkable and beat cyborg.

116 points · 1 month ago

That physical harm would be very substantial.

Georgia22 points · 1 month ago

Well, Holly got out of the fight banged up, but did not receive any over the top damage. I see no reason to think Nunes would do worse even if she lost.

Nunes is way more aggressive than Holly. Night and day.

Georgia7 points · 1 month ago

Yes, but not less defensively sound. When Holly wants to attack she rUns in fac first and gets countered by anyone who knows what they´re doing. Not to mention, even if Nunes gets banged up, say, as much as Tonya Evinger that´s still not the amount of damage a fighter could not recover from for her future fights. No normal risk and very high reward, as the OP noted.

-8 points · 1 month ago(1 child)
Georgia12 points · 1 month ago

I disagree, I think she's exactly the same.

Mazzagatti did nothing wrong6 points · 1 month ago

That shouldn't be a factor for a fighter though, it's what you signed up for.

no turn un-stoned10 points · 1 month ago

For you

Ummm.... that is correct? She’d rearrange my face lmao

Abu Dadbodi Combat Club9 points · 1 month ago

"I hope I'm not fighting Cyborg. That chick would wup my ass..."

EDDIIIIIIEEEEEEE!1 point · 1 month ago

Couldn't be worse than Cat Zingano

no turn un-stoned-2 points · 1 month ago

Lol

She's a big gal

PM me your Cuban Cigar pics!2 points · 1 month ago

Ask Evangelista, didn't she beat him up?

I don’t understand why people like you blow this shit up. The level of damage cyborg would put on her would be equivalent to a normal fight amongst guys. If these women want to call themselves fighters none of this should be a concern.

UFC Shill1 point · 1 month ago

Would it though? Holly Holms alright and Nunes is better all round IMO.

17 points · 1 month ago

A 3rd champ champ in the same year as the 2nd champ champ.

DC vs Nunes for the champ champ champ champ title of the world

Book it Dana

cool belt Colby8 points · 1 month ago

theoretically this year we could squeeze in DJ vs 135 champ, Rose vs Montano, Woodley(conor did fought eddie while aldo was interm) vs Whittiker and Max vs Khabib so that every division is unified. Champ Champs for everyone.

9 points · 1 month ago

Roy Jones Jr +400

on Claudia's face42 points · 1 month ago

Cindy by Americana

Gay For Gaethje19 points · 1 month ago

*flying Americana

on Claudia's face10 points · 1 month ago

...The thought of a flying Americana makes my butthole clench. You'd basically have to fire a human out of a cannon towards another human standing in a specific pose, but that's a guaranteed detached arm if you make it happen.

Gay For Gaethje10 points · 1 month ago

Nick Diaz used to do it at every practice (Source : Joe Rogan)

on Claudia's face8 points · 1 month ago

Who worked the cannon? Jake Shields?

Gay For Gaethje13 points · 1 month ago

Giblert Melendez

Jack Slack stole my joke3 points · 1 month ago

Jared Cannonier

on Claudia's face1 point · 1 month ago

Lol if only he trained with Cesar Gracie's or El Niño Fight Team.

I faced the pain and all i got was this shitty flair3 points · 1 month ago
I can confirm Jeremy Stephens never stuck a needle in his ass2 points · 1 month ago

THE LEGENDARY JUDOKA CINDY DANDOIS YOU SAY???

Yana kunitskaya 2

Water we doin hear Merko14 points · 1 month ago

AKA Jackson Wink vs Cyborg 3: This time, ish personal

6 points · 1 month ago

Floyd?

Sr this time

There are quite a few 145lbs female fighters out there but they are not pretty so the UFC avoids them.

She's got plenty of girls to be lined up with but you won't find any that can really beat her but that'd be the same in most weight classes she was in.

Germaine de ran de me (sp)???

7 points · 1 month ago

I want to see Nunes vs Holm first. Then, the two can have their superfight at the end of the year. Dallas in October just seems like a really weird venue for them.

In her last 6 fights Holm has gone 1-2 at BW and 1-2 at FW, and is also 0-3 in title fights in that stretch. I'd really like to see her put together a bit of a win streak before getting a shot at Nunes please. Make her fight the Ketlen Viera or the winner of Marion Reneau and Cat Zingano or something first.

PM me your Cuban Cigar pics!5 points · 1 month ago

It' like "who we've got... Hmmm... Two paper thin divisions. Let's give Holly another title shot."

Canada3 points · 1 month ago

Do it in Toronto in December @ UFC 231 as a co-main plllleeeeeaaassseeeeee

Team Jędrzejczyk1 point · 1 month ago

Toronto in December @ UFC 231

Great, we're in between the obligatory NYC november ppv and the year end one again.

Canada1 point · 1 month ago

At least there is one this year though. Happy about that at least. Should still be a good/underrated card, Toronto never disappoints.

Latvia1 point · 1 month ago

Fuck Holm, she doesn't deserve this.

121 points · 1 month ago

Ok. But Nunes doesn't want Cyborg at 228

She was the one who originally made the callout though

Team El Cucuy121 points · 1 month ago

Woke up the next morning hungover probably.

Team Fuck Everything47 points · 1 month ago

“Oh fuck I said WHAT?!”

Team Zingano39 points · 1 month ago

*Oh fucky I said watckh?

"I trainee I drinky I sleepy."

That’s true she did, and when Cyborg responded by trying to set a date all of a sudden it was all quiet on the Nunes front.

30% Usman19 points · 1 month ago

True but Cyborg isn’t shy of such shenanigans either. She’ll say this now and say something like “It doesn’t feel honorable fighting a fellow Brazilian” two weeks from now.

Team Namajunas4 points · 1 month ago

Bruh, Cris said that RIIIGHT at the beginning when talks of this fight were starting, in reality she doesn't give a fuck... (She wanted Megan Anderson because she's a legit FW.)

cool belt Colby-2 points · 1 month ago

She said all of that before 222 the second she said she wanted to fight nunes, nunes didnt want none

7 points · 1 month ago

Wrong. Nunes wanted Cyborg at 224 in Brazil, then Cyborg chose to crush a can at 222 and turned down ufc's offer to fight at 224. After Nunes decided to fight Rocky at 224, Cyborg suddenly wanted Nunes at 226.

cool belt Colby7 points · 1 month ago

Cyborg at 224 was never on the table because she was busy adopting her neice at the time. She filled in for Holloway on short notice at 222 and for the first time said she would fight cyborg. 3 days later Nunes wanted to "build her division"

5 points · 1 month ago

Dana himself said he was trying to book Nunes & Cyborg at 224.Back then Cyborg wanted the fight at 226 which is a big card, now she suddenly turns down a NYE big ppv card offer. It's all about the timing, she doesn't want give Amanda more time to prepare the fight.

cool belt Colby3 points · 1 month ago

Cyborg wanted it at 226 because she knew nunes was not a big enough draw for them to make money as the headline. they have been tossing this fight around since before 219. Nunes is trying to get a nearly a year of prep time and Cyborg should not have to sit because Nunes is not ready especially with a fresh crop of featherweights about to be brought in after TUF.

2 points · 1 month ago

Why Cyborg wants the fight on 228 which is a small ppv card now? She is trying to give Amanda less than two months to prepare a fight at a higher weightclass.

If she wants to fight then go fight some nobody. Nunes doesn't owe her anything to accept a short notice fight at a higher weight class.

cool belt Colby4 points · 1 month ago

why would she be trying to disadvantage nunes. Nunes is the one pulling all of the shenanigans and ducking.

post 219 timeline

jan 2018: Nunes is not a draw so 226

“I want to fight her on a big event, big card,” Cyborg said (via MMA Fighting). “Big card that can sell pay-per-views. Amanda, she did almost 100,000 PPV [buys]. She’s not changing my career at 145 or anything beating her, and she don’t sell pay-per-view. Okay, ‘superfight,’ she’s not [Conor] McGregor.”

same week Nunes: anytime anywhere there is no one left for me at 135 + getting to 135 is sometimes hard

“I think it would be awesome,” Nunes said. ”I would be ready, in Brazil, in Vegas, or whatever. Whatever country, let’s 100 percent make this happen.”

Nunes did make one thing clear: She feels like she’s running out of challenges at 135 pounds. She’s dispatched of Ronda Rousey and Miesha Tate and owns two victories over Valentina Shevchenko.

“Sometimes for me, [getting to] 135 is a little bit hard,” Nunes said. “Because I don’t have that much fat left. It goes down my muscles, it’s bad. Going to 125, I don’t even want to talk about it. I tried it for two days and after that, I can’t.”

feb march 2018: Cyborg takes 222 fight while on vacation after holloway pulls out on a months notice and wins. First time actively calling out nunes

Brazil against Brazil i know it makes me said She called me out, and I want to fight her. I just want to remind everyone that she called me out, and when you call out Cyborg, you have to handle it

two weeks later: 135 gets deep as shit overnight to nunes and the rocky fight is announced

“When I texted Dana White that I wanted the fight, I didn’t have nobody in my division,” said Nunes. “I didn’t even know if I was gonna fight soon. I was concerned with waiting years because I’ve been in that position before, waiting so long for a fight, I don’t want to do it again and stay waiting, waiting, waiting.

“But now, we have Rocky [Pennington] and we have the Brazilian, Ketlen [Vieira] and I feel like my division is starting to grow. If you pay attention, the division’s gonna be awesome and now I have two. I have Rocky and I have Ketlen. Rocky is my next step and I want to see Ketlen after, for sure.”

keep in mind Rocky came into that fight on a year and a half layoff in which she suffed two major injures.

may Nunes wants time to bulk

According to Nunes’ girlfriend and fellow UFC fighter Nina Ansaroff, for the fight with Cyborg to happen, she would have to be given adequate time to put on the extra weight to compete at 145 pounds and there’s no way that would happen with only two months to prepare for Cyborg.

keep in mind she has already said its hard for her to make 135.

Team DC-4 points · 1 month ago

Roidborg cuts serious water weight to make 145 and she's calling out someone who could fight at 125, lmao.

Always looking for the advantage, she's no stranger to cheating. Why doesn't SHE move down a weightclass in the span of two months? "Cause Nunes called her out", and she hasn't aid anything ever since while Cyborg brings her name up every day.

Team Nunes5 points · 1 month ago

Ya she needs time to properly bring her body up to weight, just like GSP did(talked about it the struggles of it on Joe's podcast). Also its similar to TJ moving down a weight class. He said he's fine with doing it, but he needs a couple months to do it right. It's the same thing with Nunes. And honestly I don't blame her one bit. If you are moving up a weight class to fight a girl like Cyborg, you don't wanna be rushing into anything. I'd want plenty of time to build my muscle mass up to weight, and then time to train at that weight to get accustomed to it.

3 points · 1 month ago

Nunes has apparently already signed the bout agreement: https://twitter.com/Amanda_Leoa/status/1017230140890337285

Portugal5 points · 1 month ago

she signed to the ufc 232, not ufc 228 that cyborgs asks for, don't know if that's the issue with cyborg, maybe it doesnt match with her cycles

Original Poster34 points · 1 month ago

More notably it says she was offered Nunes at 228.

16 points · 1 month ago

Nunes sinus just started acting up

rose nose crew44 points · 1 month ago

Just fucking do it. I want to see Cyborg smash Nunes. But even from Nunes' perspective it's the biggest fight she can take and she isn't risking her belt. It's not like she is a draw so she can't lose that with a loss to Cyborg. She'll still be a terrible draw after the loss.

Dana is probably being an idiot and won't pay her more to fight Cyborg. Pay these fighters and get the fights done, Lorenzo understood that. Tomato headed idiot doesn't.

Sexy Wizard Bisping22 points · 1 month ago

Amanda's girlfriend just posted this on Instagram not too long ago.

NERDBASH201810 points · 1 month ago

That's over 5 and a half months from now, seems a bit long for a fight contract, no?

Sexy Wizard Bisping1 point · 1 month ago

Not entirely. I'm not sure who Amanda has left to fight it makes sense she's going to wait. Also I don't think either of them have the talent to Photoshop and change an image, nor would they do that.

NERDBASH20181 point · 1 month ago

I'm not saying it's edited. Just wondering why it'd be scheduled for so long from now when both of them haven't fought in months and are already fit to start the next camp

Sexy Wizard Bisping1 point · 1 month ago

Probably money. They could've offered a contract for UFC 228 and one of them wanted more money and used time as a leverage. Neither of them have an opponent that makes sense besides each other.

Fuck slavery, fuck racism1 point · 1 month ago

Gives Amanda time to bulk up

Nunes just ran out of gas

I caught them hands8 points · 1 month ago

They need something fast. It's less than 2 months away and nothings been announced. That's awfully short notice for a lot of fighters.

Sorry fam, there's a gas shortage in Brazil and the tren lines are shut down. - Amanda Nunes

Team McGregor8 points · 1 month ago

Cyborg v CM Punk is the real money fight

Comment deleted1 month ago
Team DC12 points · 1 month ago

Bigfoot Silva is virtually identical and he's not busy fighting

American Samoa3 points · 1 month ago

Nunes bouta schedule a risky elbow rejuvenation surgery

Lol Nunes you crazy mofo, you’re going to get your ass whooped.

3 points · 1 month ago

I want to see Cyborg fight someone like this who I know is 100% legit and doesn't have big holes in their game because I don't feel like I really know what her skill level is since she has mostly faced people much smaller or with an incomplete skillset.

put her in against some of the flyweight guys lets have some fun

It's the Texas commission. Get a male fighter with a name that is commonly used by both genders and they wouldn't know the difference.

Abu Dadbodi Combat Club5 points · 1 month ago

Why do you hate DJ?

I honestly believe DJ would win that fight.

2 points · 1 month ago

Well no shit...

GOOFCON 32 points · 1 month ago

Honestly? You make it sound like you're saying something unexpected.

DJ would absolutely annihilate Cyborg. He would make it look easy, too.

Big ol’ Mexican with a big ol’ head7 points · 1 month ago

Without realizing it. I thought a Cyborg was coming for Devin Nunes. One could hope.

Get Dana on the phone and see if we can make that happen

Cool. Megan got exposed so now the onely one left is Nunes, unless Ronda got hit in the head and forgot everything happened to her in the last 3 years.

1, 2 Andy Steel is coming for you...-2 points · 1 month ago

Megan didn’t get exposed. She fought one tier of fighters in Invicta and didn’t look great against the higher tier. Who didn’t realize that was going to happen? Ronda was only exposed to people who had permanent blinders attached. Her striking was always a hot mess. What do you think is going to be exposed about Amanda? If she looses to Cyborg, she’s still a great fighter that happened to lose to Cris Fucking Cyborg!

Very funny mods1 point · 1 month ago

Power of hindsight ladies and gentelman.

1, 2 Andy Steel is coming for you...0 points · 1 month ago

It’s not hindsight when you knew it beforehand as the likely outcome

🤖 Good bot2 points · 1 month ago

The linked tweet was tweeted by @criscyborg on Jul 11, 2018 22:44:02 UTC (41 Retweets | 148 Favorites)

I agreed for second time , fight Amanda Nunes September 8 #UFCdallas #UFC228 my last fight was 4 months ago. I’m ready to fight.

• Beep boop I'm a bot • Find out more about me at /r/tweettranscriberbot/ •

My guess they gonna save this for msg in november

nogonnaseeyousoonboiii 2 points · 1 month ago

I have a hard time believing this fight is ever going to happen.

EDDIIIIIIEEEEEEE!2 points · 1 month ago

Make it happen and I'll start to care. Cris all the way though.

Ah Cyborg getting ready to run through Nunes.

talk poop, get boop2 points · 1 month ago

It's honestly the only fight to make for each of them. Nunes has pretty much cleared the division and with Anderson losing to Holm recently, Cyborg doesn't have anything near a legit challenger at 145.

Herny Cejudo Historian2 points · 1 month ago

I cant wait for her constant fight poster photoshops!

2 points · 1 month ago

Everybody wants to be a champ champ. But who will be the first champ champ champ?

2 points · 1 month ago

I'm guessing gsp at 155

long term steroid abuser still calling out people in lower divisions. surprise surprise.

BUT MY DICK WORKS!1 point · 1 month ago

Nunes is the only Cyborg fight id be genuinely interested in watching.

My thoughts were verbatim to your post. I still think Cyborg is a huge favorite, but at least Amanda is LEGIT. That last girl Cyborg fought, can't even remember her name, shouldent have even been in that cage.

Of course she does. Another 135 lb fighter. Cyborg is a joke

Team Covington14 points · 1 month ago

Well, it's not exactly like she has many options at 145 unless you want to see her fight Holm again or see her fight Anderson who just got dominated by Holm.

That’s my point. The division is a joke and so is she

They never should’ve added that division. Cyborg is the only fighter in it.

3rd round Romero-Times up BOY2 points · 1 month ago

$$$$ only female who sells ppv at this point

Does she though?

-8 points · 1 month ago(0 children)

Aim redy chu feitchh

Marijuana Guy1 point · 1 month ago

DANA GIV ME DA FUCKIN GIR!

STONE COLD STIPE1 point · 1 month ago

The day Cyborg loses is the day guns became legal in MMA

O-lympic G-O-L-D1 point · 1 month ago

Pick on someone your own size, dude.

Scotland0 points · 1 month ago

I feel like I’m in the minority here, but I have no interest in this fight or any other potential fight for Cyborg currently. There’s no competition whatsoever for her. In my personal opinion, she would be better off fighting in an organisation that caters for people with blatantly ‘enhanced’ physiques. Utter dominance is just uninteresting.

4 points · 1 month ago

Sooooo....the UFC?

Scotland0 points · 1 month ago

Old UFC? Yes. Modern day? No.

It’s no longer anywhere near as blatant.

Fortnite season 5

👑The Boihger King👑-1 points · 1 month ago

This is my first UFC card I'm going to and Im not that fond of Cyborg fights :/

First Cyborg ducked Nunes by taking the 222 fight on three week notice, she supposedly needs 12 weeks to make weight ha ha, thereby avoiding the planned Rio matchup.

Now Nunes has signed to fight Cyborg at 232, so Cris starts bleating about 228. The UFC decide the cards not you Cyborg, sign for 232, but we know you'd rather take on a nobody like Sorensen rather than the girl who is going to whip your ass.

Why would Nunes take that fight? No ones gonna watch and Cyborg is super dangerous.

Team Khalabib0 points · 1 month ago

Can't Cyborg fight a legit 145er for once?

GOOFCON 31 point · 1 month ago · edited 1 month ago

Consider what you're saying.

Female 145ers are women who CUT to 145, meaning that they walk around at at LEAST 160 pounds. You know a lot of 160 pound women, but how many of them are 160+ pounds in peak physical condition? I know a lot of shredded dancers and most of them even if they lifted for pure strength would still weigh less than that.

Now, of that already small pool of women who could match Cyborg's size, how many of them could piss clean for a fight, and how many of them have a natural fighting instinct and talent?

It's a tiny, tiny group of women, especially since in most parts of the world women are socialized to be against physical confrontation. Sure, there are probably thousands of them in the world who could, but they have to actually want to climb in a cage and get punched in the face.

Nunes broke her foot? Medically suspended? No-one remember that?

Team Kowalkiewicz-2 points · 1 month ago

The UFC should make this fight or discontinue that division.

Darren “Brain Damage” Elkins-4 points · 1 month ago

Could cyborg beat an male amateur 125er?

Male amateur 125? More than likely. Probably not the top of the food chain 125ers but surely the she could stomp a few amateurs.

A subreddit for all things Mixed Martial Arts.

r/MMA Rules
Be Civil
Promotional Submissions (spam, crowdfunding)
Low Relevance
No Spoilers
No Duplicates/Repetitive Posts
No low quality or joke-only posts
That's Illegal!