Posted byCCENT / MTA2 months ago

ICND1 Passed 978/832

I did not expect to score as well as I did since some of the questions felt as if more than one answer was correct, but I went with my gut and it paid off!

Resources Used

Chris Bryant
Chris is a phenomenal teacher and I will be using his videos again for ICND2, every word he says somehow sticks with me, how does he do it?!?!

CBT Nuggets
CBT Nuggets provides a great overview, but I feel as if the videos didn't go as in depth as Chris Bryant's, still a great resource to supplement reading.

Odom
I read maybe 6 chapters from the Odom book after identifying my weak spots. I later attempted all of the DIKTA questions and missed around 5 of them, so I read the chapters where I missed those questions.

Ranet Labs
Useful for helping commands stick.

Duck Labs
These can be found in the Discord, they focus on troubleshooting instead of configuration alone, which is what I felt the Ranet labs were lacking.

Personal Labs
I made my own labs, I'd just randomly build huge networks and apply what I knew to the networks using either Packet Tracer or GNS3.

Boson ExSim
This was definitely one of the most valuable resources, the questions prepare you very well for the actual exam, highly recommended.

Google
I Googled a lot of questions I had.

Duck, Duck, Goose: The Ultimate Guide to Cooking Waterfowl, Both Farmed and Wild
A phenomenal book, shoutout to Eaz in the Discord for the recommendation!

MORE CISCO!

Senior Content Developer, Boson Software2 points · 2 months ago

Congrats! Glad we were among your most valuable resources!!

CCENT / MTAOriginal Poster2 points · 2 months ago

Thank you! I scored a 931 on my first Boson exam which gave me a huge confidence boost since people often say the Boson exams are harder than the real thing, and I agree, it also helped a ton with filling in specific details I didn't know thanks to the well-written explanations. With that being said, I will be purchasing ExSim for ICND2 as well when the time comes, keep up the great work!

Senior Content Developer, Boson Software2 points · 2 months ago

Glad to help! :)

Congrats! I got that exact same score when I took mine 2 weeks ago. Keep it up!

Congratz OP :))

Where did you get the Duck Labs?

CCENT / MTAOriginal Poster2 points · 2 months ago

Look under the pinned messages on the Discord in the CCENT channel.

1 point · 2 months ago

Wait what?

Please elaborate further 😅

He is referencing an app called discord. You can click this to be invited to the Cisco Study community on that app.

1 point · 2 months ago

Thanks a bunch!

JNCIA-Junos | CCENT2 points · 2 months ago

Congrats!

CCENT2 points · 2 months ago

Haha, glad i could help and congrats !!!

Awesome score!

Congrats and thanks for the great advise

r/ccna Rules
No posting of illegal materials
No posting of braindumps
Be courteous and helpful
Don't ask others to complete your labs