The brick show has just been terminated for copyright infringement

Jangbricks all the way!!

Technic Fan13 points · 3 months ago

Jangbricks and Sariel's LEGO Workshop are my 2 YouTube favorites.

Star Wars Fan6 points · 3 months ago

I like BrickVault and Beyond The Brick.

There was always room for both Jang and The Brick Show. Though, I have been leaning more toward Jang, personally.

What about Just2Good!

MOC Designer5 points · 3 months ago

He sucks. He thinks creepy minifigures are bad because they're, well, creepy (even though that's the point), wants unique looking sets THEN complains about them being unique looking, and he thinks old sets are inaccurate just because of the age.

Fair enough, I dont mind him although he is kind of annoying to watch; too picky and whiny at times

He’s great

Rock Raiders Fan2 points · 3 months ago

No, he's just2good.

LDD Specialist35 points · 3 months ago

Was wondering how long it would take before they got on Lego's bad side. Posting leaked images every chance they could and just blurring them out is still showing the leaks. I'm surprised it took this long since they were doing this for nearly a year.

I'd like to read about The Brick Show's take on this. I can imagine LEGO gave plenty of warning to TBS regarding TLG's proprietary info and asked politely, "Please stop leaking our products", before escalating and getting all legal and medieval. Why would TBS not do the polite thing and comply with a simple request? Were they that desperate for attention? Do they want to foster a bad-boy/rebel attitude? Was the complaint not made by LEGO, but by Warner Bros? What's the story, morning glory?

Dimensions Fan11 points · 3 months ago

Well you're not gonna get a direct response from Jason or Stephen on here, so I'll do my best to represent.

They actually DIDN'T ask us (politely or otherwise) to take down any of the infringing content at all, they just issued the strikes. I didn't report on any new leaks (Bugatti, Fantastic Beasts, etc) but they actually went BACK on old videos, to products that had been recently revealed, and dinged us for that. If I or any of us gotten emails, we'd obviously take the videos down, no questions about it.

You're completely false in assuming in wanting to "foster a bad-boy/rebel attitude." You couldn't be more wrong in that regard. It was said by my superiors to report on the latest news in the LEGO world, and that's what I did. I wanted to share the latest things because they're cool, and I wanted viewer opinions on it. Nothing more, and nothing less. My tone in my videos was not one of "Uhh look how edgy I am with the leaks hnng" I'm a grown ass man, not a 15 year old LEGO edge lord.

The strikes were from LEGO directly, probably on behalf of Disney/WB/Whoever. We weren't desperate for attention. Every piece of content I made was with as much heart, integrity, and genuine interest I could possibly muster on the topic. I am many things, desperate is not one of them.

As someone working for TBS, that's my take. You want any more information, I'll gladly clear the air. But dont get it twisted, this wasn't because we (or at the very least I) had evil intentions.

Were all the strikes at the same time or did you get strikes over the course of the year? If it was all at once, that's bullshit. Over the course of a year or months would be a little more understandable.

Dimensions Fan4 points · 3 months ago

One happened in March, two happened within a week of each other. We thought that if we didnt do anymore questionable images after the second strike, then we'd be fine. But they still went back and got us.

What other sites, etc do they post content - builds or otherwise? I watched Jason’s Brick Show Shop video and he kept mentioning other stuff they are involved in but never provided any links or specific information. I assume just the stuff found on the main website? Or are there other website’s in which they participate to post content? Enjoyed the show and custom content so I was just wondering if I was missing anything. :)

Dimensions Fan1 point · 3 months ago

ByikdBetterBricks.com is where you can buy custom Lego instructions and kits, that's a great way to support us!

Dimensions Fan15 points · 3 months ago

So, like, am I out of a job or like how does this work...

Original Poster6 points · 3 months ago

Are you the real brick show Brian

Dimensions Fan8 points · 3 months ago

I certainly hope so.. I mean, who would want to pretend and be me right now? Lol

Original Poster5 points · 3 months ago

I guess so... you do the gaming videos right?

Dimensions Fan4 points · 3 months ago

You'd be correct sir.

Original Poster3 points · 3 months ago

I guess you’d have to negotiate with those running the main channel. You have my condolences

Dimensions Fan10 points · 3 months ago

I appreciate the support bro. I cant speak on behalf of the entire Brick Show, but you bet your butt I'll rise like a Phoenix from the ashes.

Star Wars Fan4 points · 3 months ago

Like a phoenix from a pile of orange and red trans clear pieces

Dimensions Fan2 points · 3 months ago

Thatll be my first MOC showcase! After I roast the UCS Porg when it comes out...

MOC Designer1 point · 3 months ago

Will you be in a Chewbacca costume while roasting it?

I mean i wouldnt just throw your hands in the air and give up. I imagine if you promised not to continue doing leaks of copyright stuff whoever filed the claim would probably br alright unless they were a major hardass.

Dimensions Fan5 points · 3 months ago

See at this point, it's not in MY hands. I definitely dont want to give up at all. Not even a little bit. I don't run TBS, Jason and Stephen do, and they are my bosses. It's their call. Unless I start up my own thing... 🤔

-8 points · 3 months ago(More than 1 child)

Rize of the Fenix - Tenacious D

Dimensions Fan1 point · 2 months ago

That video is amazing.

I hope they get back on. They are a wholesome channel

MOC Designer3 points · 3 months ago

Such a shame that The Brick Show was terminated. Their videos were great. Too bad Just2good's channel is still up...

Oof. They were kind of my childhood.

Ninjago Fan1 point · 3 months ago

What exactly did they do?

Original Poster15 points · 3 months ago

They used leaked and preliminary set images, mostly taken from this subreddit in their videos

Star Wars Fan1 point · 3 months ago

They used alot of preliminary images in videos

-12 points · 3 months ago(0 children)
Classic Space Fan11 points · 3 months ago

Reports, news, pics, videos, discussions and documentation from a studded world. /r/lego is about all things LEGO^®.

r/lego Rules
LEGO Only
NO LEAKED IMAGES!!!
No Memes
No Selling
No Spam
No Obfuscated Access
No pictures of naked human beings
No Hate Speech